Fantasy Football 2017/18

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by FC Ronaldo, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Oct 8, 2017

abhayselvan Full Member

I'm pretty sure they are going to play Sterling and Sane on either side of Jesus in a 433.
  2. Oct 8, 2017

VivaJanuzaj Full Member

:lol:
  3. Oct 9, 2017

SirMattBugsby Full Member

Not a bad idea imo. You've ensured you'll be among City points irrespective of Pep's rotation. Give it 3 weeks!
  4. Oct 11, 2017

ROFLUTION Full Member

Made my swap and ended up with this bad ass team:

Forster
    Otamendi-Luiz-Cedric-Kolasinac
    Alexis-Sterling-Davis
    Jesus-Kane-Vardy

Subs: Elliot, LoftusCheek-Carrick-Mbemba

But somehow my team dropped in value from 101.9 to 101.2 in squad value - Is it just because FPL counts all the players values in total, and not the actually sell-value? (Half of the price a player has risen)
  5. Oct 11, 2017

abhayselvan Full Member

That's a great team especially the defense. You have done well to stir clear of players from United and Liverpool who have tough fixtures coming up. Even Spurs have tough games but I can see why you stuck with Kane. He is almost undroppable nowadays.
  6. Oct 11, 2017

ROFLUTION Full Member

Oh, I spent hours :lol: Yeah figured Kane would still average around 1 goal pr game over the next 5.

Bournmouth: 1-2 goals
    Liverpool: 1 goal
    United: 0 goals
    Crystal Palace: 1-2 goals
    Arsenal: 0-1 goal

Wanted to have more Chelsea but the players are not easy to be safe about. Southampton better start producing :D
  7. Oct 11, 2017

abhayselvan Full Member

Yeah, that's a safe bet. Kane will probably get 5 goals just in the two games against Bournemouth and Crystal Palace! Good decision on Chelsea too. They have not yet settled on a fixed 11 and are getting injuries and suspensions frequently.

My team is crap now and I have already used up my wild card too :D.
    Keeper - midtable shit
    Defense - midtable shit
    Midfield - Eriksen and 3 Man City players
    Forward - Kane and Lukaku
  8. Oct 11, 2017

SteveTheRed Full Member

Sanchez is a bold move, hope it works out for you! If it does you will rocket up the leagues as he is only owned by 2.6%
  9. Oct 11, 2017

@ROFLUTION why not get Hazard instead of Alexis? Cheaper, not arriving from South America, better frame of mind, better team, better fixture..

Sanchez fan eh?
  10. Oct 11, 2017

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

Was going to hold my wildcard, but then saw yours and realised what I knew anyway really, that City coverage is essential this week!

Therefore, Firminho and Salah have gone to Sterling and Jesus. Also shipped Redmond to Richarlison. Simpson in for Dawson who hasn't had the goal threat I thought he might, and RLC to a 4.4m Palace mid.

Fairly happy.

De Gea, B Davies in defence . Simpson, Mee, Mpemba and a Bournemouth can rotate for 2 slots.
    Eriksen, Sterling, Richarlison mid
    3 big hitters up front

Happy so far, but will ponder late on the below potential switch

a) Richarlison + Simpson + De Gea
    b) Doucoure + Jones + City's keeper

A is how it sits at the moment, B gives more defensive coverage, would lose De Gea's 0.1m rise, and Jones always feels a bit more injury risk. Richarlison is more attacking than Doucoure despite their similar points to date too, and might leave the mid too light, with 2xfiller.

Think i'll stick with A unless someone convinces me otherwise.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  11. Oct 12, 2017 at 13:51

VivaJanuzaj Full Member

I think I'm pretty settled on a WC team:

Fabianski(Eliott)
    Alonso, Kolasinac Davies(Ward, Dunk)
    Sterling Hazard Brady Choupo-Mouting(Carrick)
    Vardy Lukaku Jesus​

thoughts? Carrick as a bench warmer obviously
    Really hard for me to pass on the option to invest less on defence and get Sanchez for Sterling, or even go Rashford-Sanchez for Sterling-Lukaku
  12. Oct 12, 2017 at 14:03

James Peril Full Member

Hmm... midfielders traditionally gather the most points and yours are weak. Hazard obviously a top player, but Sterling is in and out of the team. Brady and Choupo-Mouting will not bring you much, and Carrick never plays.
  13. Oct 12, 2017 at 14:06

VivaJanuzaj Full Member

Traditions change, and so far defenders and forwards have been scoring high scores. I had a more balanced midfield before the WC but with United, Liverpool & Spurs difficult next 3-4 fixtures I prefer to invest in other team's, and in these value is bigger in defenders and forwards imo.
  14. Oct 12, 2017 at 14:39

DanNistelrooy Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

Looks strong to me but a few comments...

I can see why you have picked Carrick as the bench fodder because he's now the cheapest midfielder in the game. My only concern with that would be is if United start very well, then you'd want 3 United players in, and Carrick wouldn't be one you'd want. Really like the look of your defence (exactly the same as mine). From what I've seen of Chupo Moting he is absolutely useless, but I guess he is playing up top so may get some tap ins like he did against us. Strikers also look good though I am not brave enough to go without Kane personally, would be tempted to bring in Spurs cover in midfield if no Kane, Eriksen or Alli though the latter hasn't been great this season but they're both guaranteed starts unlike Sterling. Looks good overall though.
  15. Oct 12, 2017 at 18:51

Arsenal and Chelsea players are the ones I've found hard to add to my team (thinking of getting Holding and Fabregas :lol: ). You've quite possibly nailed it in that respect.

I also like how the 3-4-3 can become a 4-3-3 with Ward. Not sold yet on C-M but Stoke have good fixtures so it's a valid choice.

One thing though: do you plan to bring Aguero or Kane in the near future? Because you'll have to make adjustments to free up funds.
  16. Oct 12, 2017 at 19:08

VivaJanuzaj Full Member

Cheers bro, to be fair my thoughts were to clear up funds by selling Davies to a cheap defender before Spurs' tough run, than I'll either upgrade Carrick to a decent 6ish midfielder of upgrade Sterling to a 9.5ish midfielder
    But yeah it's a work in progress.. Jesus is rumoured to be rested for the Stoke match and if that's true I might need to swap it up a bit
  17. Oct 12, 2017 at 19:32

Dirty Schwein Should Have Known Better

Where did you read this?
  18. Oct 12, 2017 at 20:01

coolredwine lameredboots

Forster
    Hegazi, Cedric, Monreal, Naughton
    Sterling, Silva, Ramsey
    Lacazette, Kane, Lukaku

Elliot, Gross, King, Mbemba.

Any feedback guys?

Already played the free transfer to bring in Sterling in place of Mkhi and benefit from the increase Sterling gets tonight.
  19. Oct 12, 2017 at 20:37

Jerch Full Member

Will be Morata ready for next game?
  20. Oct 12, 2017 at 20:40

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

Wouldn't think so, with Aguero not ready yet. You cheeky scaremonger you!
  21. Oct 12, 2017 at 20:40

Moonred Full Member

Get a city defender if possible.
  22. Oct 12, 2017 at 21:00

devil in me Full Member

Was set in bringing Fellaini in this week! Bargain.... feckin internationals!
  23. Oct 12, 2017 at 21:58

coolredwine lameredboots

Not enough funds. :(
  24. Oct 12, 2017 at 22:18

It's as if Jesus is the one who had a car crash. People have really taken fear of Pep's rotation to insane levels.

Btw, how true was the report regarding Aguero's injury? I've never heard of broken ribs completely healing in two weeks.
  25. Oct 12, 2017 at 22:53

VivaJanuzaj Full Member

lol didn't mean to start a riot. A friend of mine told me Pep said Jesus will return tomorrow jet-lagged and after two full games so he might need to let him rest.

This is how fake news start huh?
  26. Oct 13, 2017 at 06:59

abhayselvan Full Member

Aguero says he is ready on Twitter. So there's a good chance he might start.
  27. Oct 13, 2017 at 07:22

Class of 63 New Member

Stupid question probably, but are Newbies allowed to join ?

And in the unlikely the answer is yes can somebody please give me a rough idea what points the current leader, and importantly the bottom placed Manager are on so I can decide which of my teams to enter.

TIA
  28. Oct 13, 2017 at 11:21

ROFLUTION Full Member

Was considering Richarlison too, but he's got some tough fixtures. Went for Davis because of the same reason. The money are more well-spent on defence: Martina (5.0) from Soton, as he's got a great fixture list and according to stats are delivering quite a lot of crosses. At the moment there is a lack of quality options in midfield in the 5-7 mil range I think..

Also cashed in on Ben Davies. Don't know if thats a good idea - but the fixtures just seems a bit tough.
  29. Oct 13, 2017 at 11:27

ROFLUTION Full Member

Nah, you're quite right.. Hazard looks the better option according to fixtures. - and is also just owned by 3.x%. Picking Sanchez was mostly because he was close to his old best against Brighton.

My toughest question if I take Hazard instead: Then where do I spend the remaining 1.4?

[​IMG]
  30. Oct 13, 2017 at 11:31

ROFLUTION Full Member

Well.. I could just sub in Aguero instead of Jesus
  31. Oct 13, 2017 at 11:34

IrishRedDevil Full Member

Weak midfield expect for Hazard. Sterling may not play regularly as Aguero is back fit. Use the 1.4 to upgrade Davis and Sterling.
  32. Oct 13, 2017 at 11:44

SteveTheRed Full Member

Feck me, Aguero with his "I'm Ready" post. I brought in Jesus and now worrying he won't even start :lol: bloody game.

Also if anyone wants a depressing look at how many points there team could have scored if they left it alone from GW1. www.game-change.co.uk/2017/08/28/fantasy-football-what-if-machine

I would have been 5 points better off..
  33. Oct 13, 2017 at 11:52

abhayselvan Full Member

I would have had 364 points without any changes. Now, I have 392. Both are terrible scores overall!
  34. Oct 13, 2017 at 11:55

:lol:

Where is the team ID so I can check mine?
  35. Oct 13, 2017 at 12:01

SteveTheRed Full Member

:lol: sad isn't it. If you go onto "points" in the URL it should be something like fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/xxxxx/event
  36. Oct 13, 2017 at 12:29

Cheers. Yeah it's the hours we spend making decisions and then changing our minds countless times :lol:

My score with no changes would be 360. Now I'm on 402, so an improvement at least.
  37. Oct 13, 2017 at 12:40

You could spend some to upgrade Davis. But if you feel he'll do well as your third mid, leave it as is. Don't spend money just because you have it (that actually applies to life as well).

Besides, the extra cash might help change forwards like you mentioned. I brought in Jesus and will keep him for this week. Let's see how bad Sergio's ribs really are and make a decision next week.
  38. Oct 13, 2017 at 15:11

ROFLUTION Full Member

Went out and invested in Aguero - might just play a little tomorrow, but long term I wont have to sub him in and now I have 3-4 heavy hitters + a solid defence.

Except for Gross/Davis (who have good fixtures), the team now looks solid in almost every area.

Forster
    Alonso-Stones-Luiz-Cedric-Otamendi
    Hazard-GroƟ
    Kane-Aguero-Vardy

Subs:
    Elliott-Davis-Carrick-Loftus
  39. Oct 13, 2017 at 15:45

SteveTheRed Full Member

Yea at least it's an improvement, I think mine has been crap because of silly things like swapping keepers and the one on the bench saves a penalty, or constantly changing captaining.

I had to check it out after reading this http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/10/10/all-at-sea-the-ghost-ship-team-challenge/
    Guy made a set and forget team to see how it would do and is currently 25k Overall Rank...disgusting.
  40. Oct 13, 2017 at 16:06

devil in me Full Member

An absolute dilemma of a striker situation this week. Was set on Jesus, now that's out the window. How fit is Morata? With all the good strikers about this season I want to have 3 of the big boys but it's a nightmare atm.