FC Bayern 17/18 discussion

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by schwalbe, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Apr 13, 2018

RW2 Full Member

I completely agree.

As an Eintracht fan I'm willing to accept that there's no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's a complete mess though and derails a very successful season into being something more.

Kovac doesn't have to deliver for EF now. I don't doubt his professionalism but he's got the job he wanted. If Frankfurt lose the rest of their games . . . he's still going to Munich. In the end he may only achieve exactly what Armin Veh achieved in 2012/13. . . qualification for the Europa League.
  2. Apr 13, 2018

Ban Full Member

A bit cnutish from both Bayern and Niko. To remember now they called us our over BFS..
  3. Apr 13, 2018

RooneyLegend Full Member

There squad has been on par with the Spanish giants all these years yet while they have lots of titles amongst each other, they don't. Bayern hasn't even achieved more than Atletico and Juve in recent years despite have much more resources.
  4. Apr 13, 2018

Andycoleno9 Full Member

I am not sure that he will be success in bayern. He wants iron discipline. Iron drill. In croatia we call him bigger german than germans. And that is why he was fired from national team. Because players didn't want him. Modric, mandzukic, perisic didn't like that approach( yes players today are such prima donnas). So how will ribery and robben for example react on him?
  5. Apr 13, 2018

do.ob Full Member

So after just watching another Clip from the Kovac presser: he actually said that Bayern called him out of the blue and offered him a contract via that same phone call.

"I could have lied, but I told the truth"
    "If I said no categorically [as opposed to "there is no reason why I shouldn't be coaching Frankfurt next season] then I would've lied, but I didn't"

I can really see it:
    Hey, haven't even met you and this is crazy
    But here's a contract, so sign it maybe
    It's hard to asses you without ever talking to you
    But here's a contract, so sign it maybe

Apparently Salihamidzic not only confirmed the signing of Kovac two hours before Frankfurt's scheduled presser, he also said "I heard that Dortmund wanted to sign Kovac as well".
    Lovely.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  6. Apr 13, 2018

saylon New Member

Robben and some of the core players of the team will love this attitude.
    Remember that Ancelotti was publicly criticised by the players because his training sessions weren't as demanding as the players wanted them to be.

But for sure some players might not be to happy about it. But I'm confident that the squad leaders will sort these kind of issues out internally.
  7. Apr 13, 2018

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

So possibly the new Felix Magath?
  8. Apr 13, 2018

Andycoleno9 Full Member

Exactly
  9. Apr 13, 2018

Balu Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    He'll be gone within 4 months, that's how they'll sort it out.
  10. Apr 13, 2018

Piratesoup Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    My feelings exactly.
  11. Apr 13, 2018

Acrobat7 Full Member

Robben would be the last one to complain. He is a disciplined machine. Bayern actually has a lot of players of that mold. Neuer, Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Martinez, Alaba, Kimmich, Thiago, Robben, Müller, Lewandowski, et al.
  12. Apr 13, 2018

saylon New Member

I'm not denying that one. But I feel like chances are bigger that the tactics or a lack of those would be the reason for issues with the squad, not the workload of the training sessions.
  13. Apr 13, 2018

Ban Full Member

He got the sack cause Mamić didn't like him and players did the dirty work. Cnuts all around.
  14. Apr 13, 2018

Zehner Full Member

Supports:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Don't take it personally, that's just "mia san mia". The referee has made mistakes that favoured Bayern? We shouldn't criticize the refs that much, they are under such pressure. Bayern feels like a decision put them in an unfair disadvantage? Let's scream in every microphone how scandalous this is for the upcoming two or three weeks. Another club wants to sign a Bayern star and he wants to leave? He has a contract, it is a shame how players behave nowadays, he has to stay. Bayern wants a player but the club doesn't want to sell? They are childish and unprofessional.

The same antics since I started watching Bundesliga 15 years ago. Double standars in perfection. Would say that you get used to it but honestly, I still can't listen to Rummenigge or Hoeneß for more than two minutes without feeling the desire to punch them in their self-righteous faces. Really annoying that they used to make really good jobs, though. Luckily, at least Hoeneß works hard to ridicule his legacy.
  15. Apr 14, 2018

SER19 Full Member

I said compared with Europe’s other big teams, and was talking about transfers not wages. Compared to what real, city, PSG and united have spend on transfers in recent years Bayern are doing very well. I meant it as a compliment. I’m sure they have loads of money.
  16. Apr 15, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

17. Apr 16, 2018 at 15:45

Blackwidow Full Member

I do not see the player that is not able to go with that. Some players might even need it. The problem with Ancelotti might have been that some, who need to be pushed into that discipline from outside (Robben es an absolute top professional who does not need that push, he might need sometimes somebody that slows him down) - players like Vidal, Boateng or Alaba - did not get it.

---------

What I think is exceptional again this season is the rotation Heynckes does. There is reasons why the form dropped in 2013/14 after the title win - and it did not in 12/13...

That is how much every player played after Heynckes arrived compared to the maximum of minutes (all competitions):

Ulreich 91,3%
    Kimmich 71,9%
    Boateng 70,0%
    Lewandowski 67,6%
    Hummels 65,8%
    Alaba 62,5%
    James 61,2%
    Martinez 59,6%
    Süle 58,7%
    Müller 57,5%
    Vidal 53,3%
    Robben 52,9%
    Rafinha 49,0%
    Tolisso 44,3%
    Coman 42,3%
    Rudy 40,7%
    Ribery 38,4%
    Thiago 33,2%
    Bernat 24,5%
    Wagner 18,3%
    Starke 5,8%
    Friedl 4,4%
    Neuer 2,9%

Some like Thiago, Ribery, Bernat, Müller were injured for some weeks - but nobody of the others has less than 40% or more than 72% of the minutes (Ulreich as exception).
  18. Apr 16, 2018 at 16:17

Aboutreika18 Full Member

Heynckes reminds me a lot of Fergie in that regard (if not other areas as well :p), who also took squad rotation very seriously when fighting on numerous fronts.