Fenerbahce S.K 2018/19

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by FootballHQ, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Oct 28, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Thought I'd start a thread on this club as there's a fair few big clubs struggling in their leagues this season but none as much as they are.

They lost 1-3 at home to Ankaragcu and are 15th out of 18th in the Turkish Super Liga.

Phillip Cocu is their manager (although not for much longer) and well known names in their squad include goalkeeper Volkan, Roberto Soldado, Carlos Kameni, Andre Ayew, Diego Reyes, Mathieu Valbuena, Islam Slimani, Martin Srktel and Roman Neudstater.

I imagine we have a fair few Turkish posters on here so just wondering for a bit more detail as it's not really a league I follow in great depth. Corruption? Problems with the president? Usually things that disrupt the Istanbul big 3 (Fener were banned from CL few years back for apparent match fixing) but normally this means a team finishing 5th or 6th, not barely above the relegation zone.
  2. Oct 29, 2018

Eila Full Member

And Cocu is gone. Shame, I thought he had done a great job at PSV. Not sure how Feherbache was the best job he could find. That's a side-move at best. Needs to find a better agent ASAP.