Fergie replies to Vieira's taunt

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by KM, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Mar 23, 2012

Moriarty Full Member

You'd think City would have the nous to employ somebody with a decent history at the club to spout this guff. Viera, I mean, he's a fecking mercenary; a paid spokesman like Barry fecking Scott. Put a few quid in his pocket, give him a script, wind him up, then watch him go.
  2. Mar 23, 2012

SiYuan Cafe Grandmaster 2008

Bazingah
  3. Mar 23, 2012

wr8_utd :'(

Someone photoshop Fergie onto Giggs' face :lol:
  4. Mar 23, 2012

Crustanoid Full Member

How about Keane as well? And a concerned Bergkamp saying: 'Are you alright Patrick?'
  5. Mar 23, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

The whole Vieira pretending to give a feck about City and their title aspirations is such a joke. Mercenary cnut..

Great riposte from Sir Alex. He'l be the difference in the run in i believe.
  6. Mar 23, 2012

redspoony Full Member

Great stuff from SAF.

Hopefully Mancini will bite and start to feel the pressure.

We could see him transform from his suave Italian self into this horrifying beast.

[​IMG]
  7. Mar 23, 2012

Mannheim Red Full Member

Just having SAF around at this time of the season is like having an extra point.
  8. Mar 23, 2012

stubie Full Member

The boss at his best :lol:
  9. Mar 23, 2012

Hectic Admin

Vieira is a bit of a massive retard isn't he. Scholes is 2 years older then him, and is still a better footballer. The fact City brought Vieira, and he hasn't even played for them this year, should set some alarm bells ringing in his own head.

Coupled with the fact they have brought, and continue to use Tevez - even after he took a diarrhea-shit all over the club, manager and supporters - purely because they are now in a position where they find themselves behind the league-leaders, shows more desperation than anything I've ever seen.

Then you take everything else into account, like how much money they are willing to throw at the league, and it makes no sense. Then you look at who he's aimed the mind games at, and you sadly realize that Patrick Viera is completely demented.
  10. Mar 23, 2012

Moonwalker Full Member

He retired last year.
  11. Mar 23, 2012

Cutch Shit stirrer (Literally)

Class from SAF. You cant even argue with what he's said either because its 100% right. Anyone who wants to engage in mind games with Fergie is a fecking muppet, theres only going to be one winner.
  12. Mar 23, 2012

MG Full Member

:devil: Indeed he did.

He's spot on with his comments about Tevez as well. Bringing back a player who's refused to play for them, and shown complete contempt for their club and shown it by taken a 5-month absence thousands of miles away, just because they've slipped behind in the league, is the true definition of desperate.

Was just waiting for this, knew Fergie would cut Vieira's pathetic nonsense to shreds. :lol:
  13. Mar 23, 2012

Hectic Admin

Well, good.
  14. Mar 23, 2012

Judge Red Don't Call Me Douglas

Bringing Scholes back is the thing that's cost Sheikh Mansour City FC the title this season - and they know it. Mancini responded by bringing Tevez out of retirement too late after the rest of his squad had already bottled EVERYTHING. Some managers have it, some don't...
  15. Mar 23, 2012

Neo_Mufc Full Member

Let the mind games begin. They really shouldn't have started something that will make them look very stupid at the end.
  16. Mar 23, 2012

MG Full Member

:nervous: Lets not get too ahead of ourselves, we're only 1 point ahead and there are plenty of games still to play.
  17. Mar 23, 2012

JayWalker Ball Spotter

Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
    Vieira is a fecking retard. Those 'jibes' don't even make any sense.
  18. Mar 23, 2012

Longsden_7 Full Member

So have the City fans come out with "bacon face is rattled" etc etc yet? Look at the grin on his face, he is loving every minute of this.

Only one team/manager is rattled, you could cut the tension at the boocamp with a knife on Wednesday
  19. Mar 23, 2012

77 Full Member

feck we're still over a month away from the derby, biggest derby EVER!
  20. Mar 23, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

SAF is relishing this, he knows City are feeling the heat of the title race. Once they got that penalty against Chelsea, I thought they'd go on to win, such is their home form. But their away form is very average, and they've trips to Stoke, Arsenal, Norwich, Wolves and Newcastle still to come.

I can't see them winning all those, I'd imagine they'll draw quite a few or possibly even lose one or two.

I'm very relaxed right now. This time last season, I was a nervous wreck for the last 10 games as it was getting down to the wire. I wanted that 19th title, and we got it. I'm more relaxed this time around. I think we'll win the league.
  21. Mar 23, 2012

Adzzz Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner

A Forest with Astro Turf Facility. Now a Guardian
    Why would step to Sir Alex like this? I know they wouldn't have a clue what a title race is like, but you'd think they would look through history a little bit.

Cockiest wankers around, awful, shit, tin-pot club.
  22. Mar 23, 2012

The Taurean looks like a chipmunk

Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
    If City are seriously thinking its about mind games, that's fecking stupid. Sir Alex recognizes its going to be all the way with the quality on both sides. With his comments on us having the experience, its stating the obvious. And setting a gauntlet for City to match.
  23. Mar 23, 2012

Crustanoid Full Member

They are like some ugly fat balding 50 year old virgin who has just paid the odds for a whore and boasts about his pulling power
  24. Mar 23, 2012

Dion Full Member

Rattled :D

I wish people would learn, it's all meaningless. Unless it's a major spaz out Keegan style it has zero effect on the team. The only people that get rattled are the fans, you can tell your aren't confident about winning the title if you feel the need to childishly clutch on to the idea that a joking reply to a question in a press conference is a man who is rattled.

I also like the idea that Man Utd are briefing all their ex-players to come out and comment about City, rather than them being asked about it while doing their general media stuff.
  25. Mar 23, 2012

Smith's Cove Full Member

It's funny comparing the contrasting reactions of this board and Bluemoon. The United fans saying Fergie got it spot on and the City fans see his response as an indication that he has been rattled by Vieira's comments.

I'll be honest, when Fergie first announced Scholes was coming back I was thinking "What the feck?" I rate him as the league's best midfielder during the premier league era. But the guy had looked tired towards the end of last season, had retired and been out of football for over six months. In his first game back he looked a little rusty but since then his form has been fantastic, he has barely given the ball away and has run most of the games during a particularly difficult set of fixtures. I have to say I was wrong and Fergie pulled a masterstroke.

Vieira's comments were pretty fecking stupid when looked at in the isolation of the rest of this season. He may have a point if we are talking of bringing Scholes out of retirement and having him as our main man in the middle for the next four seasons. But for this season, to have a player of Scholes' ability, fresh from a nice break, available for a title run in is invaluable. I like the fact that the City fan's on Bluemoon are all in agreement with Vieira, it shows how deluded they are. I am sure a few of them are wishing Vieira keep his mouth shut because, if Scholes continues the way he is going and drives United to the title, Vieira and City are going to look like a bunch of knobheads.
  26. Mar 23, 2012

99 red balloons Full Member

Good news he makes a point of mentioning Pogba in that - very much doubt he would have used his name if he was worried about him staying. Fergie wouldn't ever set himself up for such a fall.

Just like EVERY time he went up against us on the pitch - Vieira bitch-slapped back down into his rightful place today.

G'wan Fergie!
  27. Mar 23, 2012

The fact he chose an ambassadorial role at City, a hollow club he has no affiliation to whatsoever, over a similar position at Arsenal (who despite that still seem to love him) speaks volumes about the man in my opinion.
  28. Mar 23, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Yeah, the main differences between our respective situations are:

1. Our Scholesy wants to come back and play for us again after retirement vs Tevez refused to play when he's still under contract, begging to leave, no club taking him on... and now back to play for a manager who previously vowed to never play him again

2. Vieira thinks he can play mind game spouting rubbish vs our SAF is the master of all master of mind game. Enough said

3. United fans have winners mentality vs City fans are being delusional who know feck all about winning the League.
  29. Mar 23, 2012

Viera's comments were stupid for the simple reason that we didn't "lose" Morrison - we let him go.

And his points about Scholes would only have been valid if it had failed (and even then would have been harsh given the injury crisis we were going through at the time!) - but it hasn't failed. 9 wins and 1 draw in the league since he came back - and a 5 point deficit turned into a lead.

He's just being the antagonistic prick he's always been. And like always, he'll be put in his place. Just a shame Keano isn't around to make him shit his pants again.
  30. Mar 23, 2012

Dobba Full Member

:lol: Brilliant.
  31. Mar 23, 2012

Still ill Full Member

A beautifully constructed riposte. Back in your box, you clown. You feel he's enjoying this, don't you? How things are set up for last couple of months?
  32. Mar 23, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

A picture paints a thousand words... This picture says it all about Vieira v United
  33. Mar 23, 2012

Ramshock Full Member

I imagine the comments from Viera, at Mancinis orchestration of course, were designed to deflect from the fact that City and Mancini knew they had to bend over and take it up the arse from Tevez because their form was faltering and Mancini panicked. Its a pity Keano wasnt out club rep then he could have twatted Viera before the game at the council house.
  34. Mar 23, 2012

Pexbo Takes body parts and sells them on Amazon.

Putting the fact that it is an Anti-Racism slogan, I always like the fact that the badge on Giggs' shirt says "Stand Up, Speak Up".
  35. Mar 23, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

It's actually "stand up, stop pretending!"
  36. Mar 23, 2012

Relevated Moral Guide

First Berbas agent takes a dig at tevez but this one from fergie is top drawer. holy feck hes hit them for six with those comments. shittttt
  37. Mar 23, 2012

Devilton Banned

[​IMG]
  38. Mar 23, 2012

Claymore Full Member

What a legend. Just watched it on BBC website and he is in top form here no doubt, still got it. Couldn't help but laugh and smile, cheered me right up after a shitty day so far. What a response though about Tevez taking a holiday for ages and them using him asap despite what Manchini said.

Man I wish he was 60 or something but can't complain, how lucky have we been (and still are). Long may it continue........ but as LAF(LF) not SAF. :lol::D
  39. Mar 23, 2012

kouroux Full Member

This.
    The impact mind games have (except for certain special cases like Keagan or Rafa) is overrated.They're just comments after all.They don't play that much of a role at the end of the day once you're playing the match
  40. Mar 23, 2012

NewDawnFades Full Member

:drool:

Fergie believes, thats for sure. Would never have said this so bluntly when we were chasing and 5 points back