Fifa 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Solius, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Oct 3, 2011

Solius Has a massive ginger bush

The fuuck is happening.
  2. Oct 3, 2011

Talking Vulture He's shit, move on.

I dont like this. I think it's shit.
  3. Oct 3, 2011

noodlehair "It's like..."

Played it a bit yesterday.

Love the gameplay, hate everything else. The career mode is pathetic. What a waste of a game.
  4. Oct 3, 2011

iSparky Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad

so its useless then from my perspective, oh well hoping for better from PES
  5. Oct 3, 2011

What's wrong with it? Am enjoying it.
  6. Oct 3, 2011

Walrus Oppressed White Male

In my career mode (as my VP):

We sold nani for £19m, bought Gomez for £30m, signed rolfes and gallas.

Then, in the January transfer window, Rooney demanded a transfer only this time, the board sold him behind fergies back for £40m.
    And city bought wilshere for £50m.

Some crazy transfers, shame my VP is currently too shit to be involved.

Also, I scored a hattrick and scored again the next game (as a CM) and got motm in both - fergie then sends an email saying he is disappointed in my recent performances and if I dont shape up I will be sold.
  7. Oct 3, 2011

acnumber9 Full Member

About 90% of my playing tine is on Ultimate Team though.
  8. Oct 3, 2011

There's just loads of stupid shite going on. City sold David Silva to AC Milan before I'd even played a friendly. There were loads of other big name players who'll probably never move clubs in real life going all over the place. No Champions League/Europe again. I had a youth team set up but I didn't have any youth team players...don't understand what's going on there. It was that silly it put me off before I'd even played a full game tbh. I got disheartened and quit back to the main menu half way through my first friendly. Usually I last at least until Barnet knock me out of the Carling Cup. Fifa has outdone itself.

I'd give it more of a chance but that'd mean going out and buying it, and I've probably been put off. It's become an online whore of a game. Playing online was fun to be fair and I'm half tempted to get a copy on that basis, but it's £40 for something I'd rearely use, and after the third successive game against Real Madrid (Ronaldo FC) I'd already had enough, so maybe not.
  9. Oct 3, 2011

The gameplay is great to be fair. Probably better than the world cup game on initial impressions.

They really should just start the single player from scratch by ripping off the Master League and adding all of their official licenced stuff in.

Or ripping off that other thing PES do where you can just play through a season as a team with league and cup games. I mean, is it really that hard to implement without cocking it up? Whoever's responsible for this year after year should be shot.
  10. Oct 3, 2011

DFreshKing Full Member

To me its so stupid to talk about transfer.

Rooney would never demand a transfer would he?

Enjoy the drama of it all its a game and if nobody got transferred you'd moan about that too.

Isparky if you like Fifa and you are not part of the council of 'what is an acceptable transfer' then you will love this game. The gameplay has improved leaps and bounds and the involment in the career is far more engaging then any of the previous outings.

I am sure you could edit the hell out of players wish for a transfer too if you were adamant that you know who would or would not ever get transferred.

Did anyone really think Shitty would have Silva, Ballotelli, tevez etc a couple of seasons ago?

Really stupid imho.
  11. Oct 3, 2011

Frans Full Member

" Wise people talk because they have somethin
    Online Im currently 80th in the world on manual. i think that new defensive system is really refreshing
  12. Oct 3, 2011

DFreshKing Full Member

I watched an video of a goal I scored on fifa 11 clubs and the difference in one year blew me away. Its like watching matchday 2 when you see the false collisions and physics play out compared to now.

The animations are a massive step up. I honestly cannot see how anyway can think fifa 12 is not a huge step forward for the series.

I have also created my own team and entered them into the premier league along with a french classic side I downloaded.

My starting front 3 are Best, Pele, and maradona with me just in behind. Best is prem top scorer along with cantona who is running amuck for the classic french. Brilliant.
  13. Oct 3, 2011

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

The console version has these slides too right?

And do these sliders come into effect when you start a new career mode or impact the existing career mode you're playing as well?
  14. Oct 3, 2011

I guess it just depends on your game really. The most unrealistic transfer I saw was Kevin Davies to Swansea. Drogba went to Inter but I could see that happening.

The Europe thing is an arse, no idea why they still refuse to put it in.

The youth team thing you have to employ scouts and send them to regions, they come back monthly with reports on young players they found with a rough idea of their potential. You can sign them then, or scout them further to narrow down the parameters of their potential. That risks them being poached by other clubs though. I think it's a good system.
  15. Oct 3, 2011

I'm willing to bet that in real life, Manchester City aren't going to sell David Silva to AC Milan before the start of the season which has already started.

I don't mind transfers, even silly ones, but it was just too much. If you're going to make something with the aim of it being realistic, why deliberately stuff it full of unrealistic shite?

I wouldn't mind if transfers were turned off completely btw. In fact I wish there was an option to do this. Whatver happened to just being able to play as your favourite team, through a season of fixtures? It's literally impossible to do with this game, and has been since feck knows when. They always find ways to feck it up.

and how is the career mode more engaging exactly? It's exactly the same as last year but with stupid tranfers and different looking menu screens.
  16. Oct 3, 2011

Well, if it has player growth, it's already infinitely better than the old one.
  17. Oct 3, 2011

iSparky Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad

last year career mode was a disaster for me, if its anything similar to that then it is a shame, i may sit on the fence a bit longer and see what people are saying a few more weeks on from now about it. the whole transfer thing is off putting, if you start at united for a career do you still have to qualify for europe the next season?
  18. Oct 3, 2011

I ripped the shit out of last years manager mode. I love FIFA but I will criticize it where I think it's faulty. Last years manager mode was a pile of shit, the new one is very good imo. the only downside I can see is the not being qualified for Europe as United. Barring that there's player growth, youth system, integrated news, better way to view your teams stats (with overall goals finally), and I've had no weird transfers. Loving it.
  19. Oct 3, 2011

What's player growth been like on your season so far?

I don't the second season CL.

One thing I find that FIFA can improve and not sure had this time around is how they do player ratings (for a match). Only players who score goals or produce tackles get the good ratings more often than not rather than seeing the impact of the player on the game.
  20. Oct 3, 2011

You were lucky then. With the transfers on mine they may as well have just added a "randomise squads" option, and made it impossible to turn off.

I also had a "youth team set up" and when I looked in it, it told me I wasn't allowed to do anything because I didn't have a youth team set up?

I just can't be arsed with all the nonsense again, especially when they can't even get what competitions United are in right.

I'm still gonna thrash a few of you cnuts this year at some point mind.
  21. Oct 3, 2011

From memory:

Smalling 77 > 78
    Jones 76 > 77
    Rafael 76 > 77
    Fabio 75 > 76
    Welbeck 76 > 78
    Hernandez 82 > 83
    de Gea 80 > 82
    Barkley 69 > 70
    Young 85 > 86
  22. Oct 3, 2011

There are two options in the Youth bit. Scouting Network, and Youth Team. You have to go to Scouting Network first.
  23. Oct 3, 2011

Why?
  24. Oct 3, 2011

Zen Full Member

Who needs player growth. Cleverley is beasting at 73.

I'm now in the fourth division online I think, started this one with 3 draws and just won one as Everton(Barkley despite his low 69 is quite decent though i was playing Hoffenheim or something), but these games are starting to get a bit dull, obviously people who know the system but are very very very cautious with it, the draws were all 0-0 and my victory was 1-0.

Still hate some of the static AI though, they sometimes just dont move, on both defending and as a pass rolls stray pass them into the opposition or something.
  25. Oct 3, 2011

because you need to scout the youth players first. What's the point if they just start in your team? The reward comes from taking a gamble on a young player. Your scout will say he has the potential to be a 69 - 87 and it's up to you to take that risk and develop him.
  26. Oct 3, 2011

Cleverley was 76 on mine :confused:

The only issue I had with the gameplay was that sometimes when the other team are in possession, the computer seems to be a bit thick in terms of which of my players it lets me take control of. Several times people were running at my back four, yet I had to mash the change player button about 6 times before it let me control one of my defenders, by which point they were no longer where I wanted them to be. Stupid.

I thought it'd just be an actual youth team. You know, like what teams have in real life?
  27. Oct 3, 2011

Zen Full Member

Yeah, I think he started at 73 and they updated him to 76, sure I saw at 76 when I go to sub him out, but I've only really done online and UT for which if you look at him on the start screens or his card(that might of changed now tbf), says 73.

I've also had that player control problem happen once....ended up in a blunder of a OG with my defenders running into each other and falling over....so they just got a one on one.
  28. Oct 3, 2011

They're already in the main squad, King, Pogba, Drinkwater, Morrison, etc...
  29. Oct 3, 2011

Those are reserves rather than youth team, but yeah. So you have to go out and scout/buy a youth team? Isn't that illegal in actual football?

To be honest. All I want to do is play through a season as United, you know. It's just such a simplistic thing to ask of a football game, yet Fifa always fails to let me do this. Either players start transfering around, or I get "sacked", or I don't have European games, or the game starts fecking around with the schedule, or more likely, all of these things happen.

If they want to add loads of other shite to make it like a manager game which I'm not really that interested in, fine, but how about not making a complete arse of it every single year?

Take the world cup game for example. I select a team, I qualify for and play through a world cup...that simple, and yet it's made by the same cnuts who cock this up every single fecking year. It makes me angry. Why do they do it?
  30. Oct 3, 2011

I'm currently playing through a season with no isssues, just sailing through, the only thing as I said is the lack of European games.

I'm living your dream noods.
  31. Oct 3, 2011

Saq Banned

stop moaning and dont play it
  32. Oct 3, 2011

mufcwarm92 Full Member

Give it a rest mate. All you're doing is digging your hole deeper and deeper. That first comment a while back was completely ignorant and pathetically arrogant. If you bothered looking back in the thread, a lot of us were very critical of the demo and thought it was a step backwards. In terms of playing against the AI I'd argue it still is, but once you get used to the defending, playing against mates or online is absolutely superb. But to come in and criticise other people for 'not being able to admit' that they agree with your opinion is pathetic.

Equally pathetic is your last sentence above. I'm not sure there's any evidence behind what you're saying, depending on distance, position, keeper position etc, finding the 'bottom corner' can be near impossible in some situations but then realistically easy in others.
  33. Oct 3, 2011

Only until you get a performance review because Lionel Messi scored a hatrick against you for Stoke, in the round of the Carling Cup that Manchester United don't actually play in.
  34. Oct 3, 2011

Plan M Banned

Good post, completely agree.

FIFA Manager Modes in the past have been unbelievably crap, Career Mode in FIFA 12 is fantastic though.

Although Nani did transfer to Spurs on my Career Mode yesterday :nervous: :confused:
  35. Oct 3, 2011

Looks like he can do it on a wet night in Stoke.
  36. Oct 3, 2011

Plan M Banned

:lol:
  37. Oct 3, 2011

Aint gota Kalou Full Member

I'm getting some ridiculous transfers too.

Silva went to Arsenal on mine.

Higuain went to United.

Vermalaen went to Newcastle.

Ronaldo went to City on one of my games, after handing in a transfer request :lol:

It's beyond stupid. Other than everything seems to be okay, apart from not being in the Champions League.
  38. Oct 3, 2011

acnumber9 Full Member

Like I said, if this thread is only for praising FIFA it should say so in the title. I will continue to give my opinion as long as I see fit. I haven't criticised anyone for not agreeing with me. Learn to read.
  39. Oct 3, 2011

Chrisjn Banned

Anybody know if you can put your virtual pro into a creation centre team you've put into manager mode?
  40. Oct 3, 2011

acnumber9 Full Member

Just write off £40 eh?