Fifa 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Solius, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Oct 3, 2011

Domzi Full Member

Manchester City 0 – 1 Manchester Utd | EA SPORTS

pretty much sums up the last couple of fifas. just so you know, the computer broke from the pass back and scored.
  2. Oct 3, 2011

WR Formerly Wayne_Rooney

Was it a manual match? I usually get shit match-ups in manual as there are less players.
  3. Oct 3, 2011

Big-Red Tall ginger

Yeah, gonna be a problem isnt it :(
  4. Oct 3, 2011

WR Formerly Wayne_Rooney

Yeah unfortunately. I'm trying not to pick lower than 4 star as I'd rather not be playing Spain with Derby County.
  5. Oct 3, 2011

WR Formerly Wayne_Rooney

6. Oct 3, 2011

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

How do you stop the computer from having so much possession? Is it possible without having playing like the computer?

Oh and Arsenal bought Silva for 55m. And a player is injured for 5 months because of a broken tailbone. Have no idea how he managed to that without being 80 years old.
  7. Oct 3, 2011

wr8_utd :'(

You just can't get the dam ball of them. Drives me mad when I play City who've got Aguero, Nasri, Silva and....Barry who love to run around with the ball and never lose it.
  8. Oct 3, 2011

James Parkin Over 65s Team Player

Played city in the charity shield in be a pro. They ended the first half with 88% possession. Rooney gave me the 1-0 lead though. Tevez then scored a 35 yard free kick, but we won on penalties
  9. Oct 3, 2011

WR Formerly Wayne_Rooney

You guys need to play around with the sliders.

Go to the CPU gameplay sliders, and increase their pass and shot error, while decreasing position: marking, GK ability and run frequency. That should make it more balanced.
  10. Oct 3, 2011

LARulz Full Member

I've chosen Stoke in pretty much all my games and always end up against either Barca, Madrid or Milan
  11. Oct 3, 2011

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

What a difference that made. I had only tweaked the user slider a little bit. I have it mostly at 50 regarding speed and passing and what not. Just increased the marking, full back running and passing error for the CPU. Totally a new game.

It's smart to have it a bit much somewhere then gradually lessen the errors until you find the right balance. It works in game as well.
  12. Oct 3, 2011

Solius Having a party in his car

Just got robbed at Stamford Bridge.
  13. Oct 3, 2011

Plan M Banned

It's definately realistic!

I've just started a Career Mode with Spurs. My objective is to "Win The League". If I qualify for Champions League but just miss out on the league, will my job be safe?

If not, it's silly. Redknapp isn't expected to win the bloody league. I've got Spurs playing some brilliant football too, 4-3-3 really seems to work well with Lennon and Bale on the wings and Adebayor through the middle.
  14. Oct 3, 2011

Just lost at home to Liverpool now. Apparently they are the best ever ever. Andy Carroll is also Messi.
  15. Oct 4, 2011

Plan M Banned

Defending "clicked" for me in a friendly against Auxerre earlier this evening. I know what to do and I know how to do it - it's just actually doing it that's the problem at the moment.

The runs that your players make for you is fantastic though. I'm loving this more and more with each play.

Haven't taken it online yet - I'll probably get smashed.
  16. Oct 4, 2011

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

Just got the game today on the Sainsbury's offer.

Started a career mode.

Straight away City are trying to aggressively sign Vidic, eventually offering £64m or something. I kept saying no.

Liverpool sold Agger to Atletico Madrid. Drogba sold Drogba and bought Lavezzi. Few other raised eyebrow transfers but on the whole ok.

Ferdinand tore a hamstring in my 2nd pre-season game and was out for 3 months. Came back after 6 weeks

I'm liking it more than the demo. Not getting ripped apart but only playing on Professional until I get used to it. Will bump it up before long as I've found myself scoring some pretty easy goals.
  17. Oct 4, 2011

Vidic is a monster.

Not really feeling Hernandez so far. Prefer Berbatov for the skilled dribble and chipped through balls.
  18. Oct 4, 2011

Good businessman.
  19. Oct 4, 2011

Plan M Banned

Yeah Lavezzi always moves to an English club when I start a Career Mode. I wish we could turn transfers "Off" like in PES's Master League i.e. I can make signings and sell players but no other club will actively buy/sell a player unless I put one up for transfer.
  20. Oct 4, 2011

Zarlak Steve Round (Moderator)

21. Oct 4, 2011

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

Do changes in slides affenct on going career modes?

I'll be getting this tomorrow, hopefully. I'm wondering whether to play as united or a lesser team in my go at career mode. Life's hugely important decisions.
  22. Oct 4, 2011

Frans Full Member

" Wise people talk because they have somethin
    pushed myself for 50th spot in the manual world.

will have a go at 10th
  23. Oct 4, 2011

wr8_utd :'(

Where do I change this slider thing? Could definitely do with the CPU misplacing some passes and running a little bit lesser than they do.
  24. Oct 4, 2011

Chrisjn Banned

Where does it tell you your rank?

Also, what division are you in?
  25. Oct 4, 2011

WR Formerly Wayne_Rooney

Yeah. Not sure if you can have separate slider settings for CM than for other game modes though.
  26. Oct 4, 2011

Frans Full Member

" Wise people talk because they have somethin
    Go to leaderboards hold L1 (ps3) and choose "best 100" , then hold L2 and choose "manual" .

By division you mean the league? 6 or 5 i think. don't remember.

I had a brilliant game last night versus some "Achim" from Germany. He went 2-1 up in 89 minute but i managed to equalise before FT.

This year when you draw after the HT you really need to be careful and wait. I have had many games which I won because the other guy pushed for the win ( no extra time and penalities), and i waited, then quick counter and you are almost there.

Im on 21-10-1 currently. With only 0,28 goals conceded per game which is a great result to be fair on manual settings.
    Shame i lost that one game. He ( opponent) had a lot of luck, just managed to push the ball into back of my net with Ibrahimovic, having only one go at target. Shame.
  27. Oct 4, 2011

Walrus Oppressed White Male

Didn't realise about thse gameplay sliders.

On a semi related topic can you set them for your own team to make more runs? Every time I play as my VP I pick up the ball in midfield, push forward and expect to see Hernandez making a run for me to play him through, only to see him standing there facing me expectantly with 2 defenders on him.

Playing in career mode btw
  28. Oct 4, 2011

I don't get these sliders.

I haven't tried to use them but the concept seems strange.

When you put one down do you have to put another up? Because otherwise you're just handicapping the CPU by increasing their passing error etc.
  29. Oct 4, 2011

kps88 Full Member

Yeah I don't get the point of messing about with the sliders either. Surely the default setting is the way the game is meant to be played. There's no point playing on world class but messing about with em so the CPU is shit.
  30. Oct 4, 2011

I agree to an extent - but more the STYLE of play is what I would want to change. At the moment it is a pain in the ass trying to get possession back off the CPU to an unrealistic extent - world class difficulty or not, Manchester united should be able to retain possession against AFC Wimbledon - but as soon as we get the ball, rio or someone hoofs it forwards to Hernandez and we lose it.

Similarly, when my VP has the ball, all the teammates are just so static. No runs or movement they just stand there.

Also though, handicapping the CPU is good for accomplishments on VP mode ;)
  31. Oct 4, 2011

Chrisjn Banned

Cheers for the tip, I'm doin alright on Manual on the Xbox, stats aren't near yours though, think they're about 10-2-7.

I've had plenty of late comebacks in this game.
  32. Oct 4, 2011

WR Formerly Wayne_Rooney

Wrong. There are no default settings. They're all set to 50 which is there for you to manipulate for your preferred style of play. It will not make them completely shit, they'll just be less robotic and more mistake prone.
  33. Oct 4, 2011

kps88 Full Member

You're right, the way the CPU keeps the ball is unrealistic. Its a fundamental flaw in the game which no one seems to be accepting. The "its because you don't know how to defend" excuse doesn't hold up anymore. The AI is broken. I only play online now because I find watching the computer pass it around boring.
  34. Oct 4, 2011

kps88 Full Member

Well that's a bit shit of EA then. Its like asking us to do their job for them. Most people aren't even aware of the sliders.
  35. Oct 4, 2011

WR Formerly Wayne_Rooney

Yeah it's lazy on their behalf, I agree, but at the same time everyone has different opinions on how the game should be played and how the CPU should act and the sliders give you the option to determine that for your own experience.
  36. Oct 4, 2011

I wasn't aware of the sliders until now, itus something they should mention in the tutorial or so.

And the reason it is unrealistic is that every team plays the exact same way - zero risk passing, just safe possession retention, and even the worst player can easily avoid losingthe ball to about 3 united ones. Again im playing VP mode so I'm not controlling my teammates so don't use the excuse that I just need to learn to defend.
  37. Oct 4, 2011

Dingledoog Full Member

Haven't got the game yet but some mates were explaining the sliders to me. It doesn't just effect the CPU changing the sliders does it? They were talking about how they turned the pass power up but pass error up as well. So the game plays more quick short sharp passing but prone to more errors while doing so. They also turned the shot power up making it a bit easier to score goals, but this would be the same for the AI wouldn't it?
  38. Oct 4, 2011

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

It should be universal is what I'm saying. Say, I start career mode with united and a season in in realize certain tweak via sliders improve gameplay hugely. Changes I make hence should affect the whole game including my career saves. It's not like changes to squads and player stats that you actually can't account for in on going campaigns and careers.
  39. Oct 4, 2011

Zarlak Steve Round (Moderator)

No, there are separate sliders for the opposition and you, so for example to boost my VP I set all of the op sliders to 0 and my teams shot power, shot speed, accelleration and top speed to max, then I beat City on World Class 24-0 because everytime they passed the ball they missed the person they passed it to and they had no speed when running, every time they past it Nani would zoom straight past, pick the ball up and cross it in to my VP to hammer in the goals. Made it easier to get some of the achievements so the VP wasn't a pile of turd.

You can choose to handicap your own team as well as the opposition, so it's really about how you want to play, I only use it for the VP achievements and it's boring as hell when you're playing like that.
  40. Oct 4, 2011

CrazyBelgian Full Member

Didn't play fifa 10 or 11 so I don't know when this was introduced but I love that custom music/chants option. Makes for a great atmosphere to have the rocky fanfare when the players enter the pitch and hearing the crowd sing: We'll never die when being a goal down. :D