Football Betting Thread 2016/2017

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by RedPed, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Mar 18, 2017

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Nah, went for Sheffield Utd against Charlton actually :lol: don't know why I wrote that.
  2. Mar 18, 2017

devil in me Full Member

Was gonna say ...!!! I'm on them too. Treble with Everton and QPR.

Edit: Just realised thats what youre on!
  3. Mar 18, 2017

Ady87 Full Member

4. Mar 18, 2017

devil in me Full Member

Sheff u are on my banned list. Theyve been letting me down for years. Not sure why i broke my own rules today!
  5. Mar 18, 2017

Sheffield have equalized, still hoping they can turn it around and win. Seems like Charlton have been the better team so far though.
  6. Mar 18, 2017

Baxter Full Member

I've got Gateshead in the conference playing like shite apparently :lol:
  7. Mar 18, 2017

Sheffield now 2-1 up, Everton still 1-0 up, QPR 3-1 already so probably safe. Hope Sheffield and Everton don't drop it from here. Everton have a stellar home record while Hull struggle a lot away from their ground, Sheffield are playing to secure promotion so fingers crossed.
  8. Mar 18, 2017

devil in me Full Member

Treble coming in. Also did my weekly bet of Fulham to score twice...not happening atm.
  9. Mar 18, 2017

:drool: Yes it has come in! Moved from 50 PLN to 858 PLN in a day. Think I will stick to going all-in until I reach 2,500 or 3,000. Which probably means I will lose my next bet.

Anyone has a clue if there is any value in PSV and Sporting tonight? Both are at home, to Vitesse and Nacional.
  10. Mar 18, 2017

PSV have won 7 straight at home, Nacional are terrible and lost 7-0 to Porto only recently, there's a huge gulf in class between Oklahoma and Sacramento... 1.68 are the odds and I am on it. Could move me above 1,400.
  11. Mar 18, 2017

Sporting lead but PSV are absolutely dreadful to watch. Cannot even string two passes together, beyond ridiculous.
  12. Mar 18, 2017

Is PSV v Vitesse game meaningless or something? The last 15 minutes of the first half was literally Vitesse passing the ball in their own half with PSV never bothering to press them. Unbelievable.
  13. Mar 18, 2017

feck yeah, PSV lead.
  14. Mar 18, 2017

Maccaa Full Member

Is there a way to upload photos on here directly from my IPhone? I have been so unlucky today on two accas.
  15. Mar 18, 2017

RedPed Full Member

Think you have to upload pics from some hosting site? It is a bit of a pain. But then I don't use iPhones so couldn't say for sure.
  16. Mar 18, 2017

What a day, another one in. PSV, Sporting and Oklahoma all good.

Looking for 2-3 bankers between 1.1 and 1.3 for tomorrow. Any recommendations?
  17. Mar 18, 2017

100 binary bot

I'm thinking City-Liverpool o1.5 and maybe the same for Gladbach-Bayern
  18. Mar 18, 2017

Waldner Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer

Put £2 on a 14 team accumulator today. Would've paid out £1400.

13/14 right - Fulham let me down. Absolutely fuming
  19. Mar 19, 2017

It gets very tough from here, felt much more comfortable looking for bankere at 70 PLN and 285 PLN. Even at 850 PLN I had no problem putting that treble. At almost 1,500 I feel bad about everything.

I am thinking about Porto, Zenit and Barca. Not sure about Barca though, odds seem to be on the low side. Zenit seem to struggle too, they are winning a lot of games by just a goal. Think I will just stick to Porto only.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  20. Mar 19, 2017

Maccaa Full Member

Ahh right well too cut the story short I had 2 accas on. One was A 9 fold 100/1 £3 returned like £306 and I was one goal away and my second acca was an 11 fold 225/1 acca £2 returned £450 and I was one match off that! It happens pretty often but two in one day is a joke.

Going too take a break after that.
  21. Mar 19, 2017

Screw that. Why sweat over the next games when I can comfortably end the weekend with a great profit.

I have banked 1,100 PLN and will put remaining 350 PLN on a small coupon:

Roma, Lech Poznan, Barcelona, Zenit, Porto, Tottenham or draw. Can return over 900. Buying PS VR tomorrow if it comes in.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  22. Mar 19, 2017

Porto were a good bet. Lech Poznan were not. I got almost all my stake back by getting Dallas at 1.67 in the final quarter of Broklyn game and stuck this on Porto, Roma, Barcelona and Detroit.
  23. Mar 19, 2017

Feck me, how lucky I am to have withdrawn that money! Still +900 for the weekend, would have been nothing if I stuck that money on Porto. They somehow drew at home to 11th Setubal despite leading 1-0.
  24. Mar 19, 2017

aikay Banned

Feck off Porto. Useless twats.
  25. Mar 19, 2017

Successful Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)

Right now I'm sitting here with a live bet on Barcelona to win (took it when they went 1 down) and now I'm offered more than what I've put in to cash out despite I'm out of the money with the current 2-2 standing. Of course the red card for valencia plays a part :D It's just that you don't get that so often when betting.

PS also chucked some money in on PSG when they were one down. Looks like they will take care of business now.
  26. Mar 20, 2017

Carlsen19 Full Member

Had a six-fold let down by 1 team last night (Boca Juniors who were in front) and tonight I'm getting let down by 1 team after 5 others coming in throughout the day. Got a feeling I won't win another bet for a while after my 2 last decent wins.
  27. Mar 20, 2017

tangent Banned

Supports:
    chelsea
    Bad luck ..tonight was one of my rare VERY lucky days. I had a big bet (for me ) on Venezia to win away . They led 1 0 but were being attacked .
    I put a saver on the the draw a minute before the equaliser went in. Venezia were still under the hammer so cashed in my draw just as injury time started.
    Venezia got the winner 2 minutes later . It doesnt happen often.
  28. Mar 21, 2017

Carlsen19 Full Member

Nice.

I had an overnight four-fold which was also let down by 1 leg :lol: It's always the shortest priced leg too.
  29. Mar 21, 2017

I am on quite a streak in NBA, got 14 games right in a row. Trying again tonight with Miami, Toronto, Portland and New Orleans.
  30. Mar 22, 2017

Oh feck. Portland actually got back from 15 down to lead by 3 in the last quarter but went on a 0-6 run towards the end to lose the game.
  31. Mar 22, 2017

Carlsen19 Full Member

My first bet on the NBA and first time watching it. Thought the Raptors had no chance so went to bed before the 4th quarter! Unlucky though, I'll keep my eye out for the NBA tips!

Also, do punches usually get thrown or was that a one off?!
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  32. Mar 22, 2017

Yeah Raptors produced a marvelous comeback. They will be a threat in the playoffs with Lowry but it needs to be said that this Chicago team is frankly awful, not much quality outside Butler who must be pissed to play with a bunch of role players at best.

Ibaka v Lopez was sort of funny. Never had Lopez down as this aggressive :lol:

Blazers comeback would have been equally spectacular if the had not bottled that final 2 minutes. We did not score a single point!
  33. Mar 22, 2017

Carlsen19 Full Member

I backed the teams you said (had Miami -7.5) and kept flicking between the games. I know absolutely nothing about it but I was enjoying it! Definitely going to start following it more closely. Which team are considered the best? Miami?
  34. Mar 22, 2017

Nah, Miami were considered pretty awful at the start of season and were actually 11-30 in December before going on this amazing run (25-7 in the last 32 games, best in the league I think). Warriors and Cavaliers are the best teams, followed by Spurs and then a number of good teams but not really challengers yet: Houston, Utah, Clippers, Oklahoma City, Boston, Washington and Toronto.

Phoenix, Lakers, Sacramento, Philadelphia and Orlando are the worst teams in the league and in full tank mode right now. Brooklyn are the worst but cannot even tank because they surrendered their 3 first round picks to Boston.

Teams like Dallas, Indiana, Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Portland or New Orleans want to be good but struggle. Minnesota, Milwaukee and Denver are young teams to follow.

Basically:

Tier 1: Golden State, Cleveland, San Antonio - the best in the league and should challenge for title, will comfortably end with 60-65 wins if playing at full strength all the time (which Cleveland are not doing in regular season because they don't care and don't have to, and will end with slightly over 30 wins).

Tier 2: Houston, Boston, LA Clippers, Toronto, Washington - potential challengers, with 1 more top class player could be championship material, will comfortably end with ca. 50 wins in their conference and get homecourt advantage in the first playoffs round.

Tier 3: Utah, Oklahoma City, Indiana, Memphis, Atlanta - aspire to be top 3-4 team in their conference and show glimpses of getting there but ultimately are not that great and will end up around 5-8 seed likely. Utah and Atlanta are the closest to getting HCA. Atlanta will likely lose their best player in the Summer (Millsap) and will have to rebuild.

Tier 4: Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Portland, Denver, Milwaukee, Charlotte - good, solid teams who can beat anyone on their day but are around 7-8 seed. In case of Denver and Milwaukee they have a lot of young talent who can develop further (same goes for Portland really). Miami have been in incredible form lately and caused a lot of shocks.

Tier 5: Minnesota, New Orleans, Dallas - teams that try hard to get into playoffs but lack quality. They are different though. Minnesota have a lot of young talent who will certainly make them playoffs team in the future (Towns, Wiggins, LaVine). New Orleans have two absolute stars (Davis, Cousins) and not much else, they are in win-now mode as opposed to long term Minnesota strategy. Dallas have a very old team and will have to rebuild soon, they've acquired two good building blocks in Harrison Barnes and Nerlens Noel.

Tier 6: Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Orlando, Phoenix, LA Lakers, New York, Sacramento - teams that are not good enough to be anywhere near playoffs, all except Brooklyn have young talent or picks that project to be good. Philadelphia have two generational talents in Embiid and Simmons and will likely have a good pick this year. Brooklyn have nothing and do not have any picks for two years. Orlando are run terribly, they have some young talent but not that great and will have to do much better to be competitive. Phoenix have plenty of youth and will have a top 5 pick this year, they also have a nice balance but also some old/bad players on terrible contracts. Lakers have been rebuilding forever and while they have nice talent, they may need to give up their pick to Philadelphia soon - if it happens this year it will be a huge hindrance to them. Sacramento have nothing but own New Orleans' pick this year (should be around 10th), are tanking hard to get as high as possible with their pick (they cannot go above Philadelphia though, because they will have to trade their pick to them in that scenario) and could have some nice pieces to rebuild - they cannot draft though which may hinder them somewhat.

That's NBA as of now overview for you :)
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  35. Mar 22, 2017

Maccaa Full Member

Well I officially quit betting. Bolton scored the last kick of the match last night or I would of won over £1600 off £1.
  36. Mar 22, 2017

devil in me Full Member

Ouch.
  37. Mar 22, 2017

RedPed Full Member

Nice analysis @Sarni! :) Magic were quite decent last season and Pelicans were quite poor. Their forms seemed to have reversed this season. Thunder have been very disappointing though they seem to be getting better. I was backing the Cavs for the title last season even though Warriors had that amazing run but didn't follow it up. :(

Thinking of doing a basketball treble with Spurs for NBA, Gonzaga for NCAAB and Real Madrid for Euroleague. Might also do some others with Warriors and Kansas, North Carolina and CSKA Moscow.
  38. Mar 22, 2017

RedPed Full Member

That's harsh! :eek: Please tell me there was NO cashout available??
  39. Mar 22, 2017

Maccaa Full Member

Well it was an in-play bet I put 4 correct scores at half time. In the 80th minute i was needing one goal from Forest Green and the rest was the scores I predicted and the cash out was only £115! It disappeared in the 83rd minute never to be seen again and Forest Green scored so I thought I had won... Went downstairs and seen Bolton was 4-2 with the last kick of the match.

Absolutely gutted I thought Saturday was bad when I was 1 goal off winning £300 from £3 and 1 team off winning £450 from £2 but this one is just taking the mickey. Been the unluckiest week of my life!
  40. Mar 22, 2017

devil in me Full Member

Ive gone over to goals rather than match results recently. Seems a lot more reliable. Doubles and trebles of over 1.5. The odds are never much more than evens but slow and steady. Had Bolton Luton and Milwall games last night and think they were all in by half time.