Football Manager 2012

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Solius, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Jun 7, 2012

Kinky Melinky Banned

Just beat City 2 - 0. Cracking game. Got my 2 goals and parked the bus! It was the first time I actually invented my own tactics and they paid off
  2. Jun 7, 2012

Brocky In Black Full Member

I take full credit for this win and for inspiring you to invent your own tactics Kinky! :smirk:

Did you delve into the transfer market?

I'd definitely recommend anyone looking for a midfielder to pick up Emre Can from Bayern.

[​IMG]

The kid is class for me. So much so that I'm considering cashing in on Ganso in January and making Emre first choice CM. I play him in CM as a DLP with a support duty but I'll switch him to a defensive duty or even a BWM if I need to tighten up. I'll also use him as my playmaker if my AM isn't getting enough space to create. He can play CDM & even CB if needed.

He doesn't really stand out amazingly in any particular area but he does everything very well and consistently....except finishing....but he rarely gets to the box in my system anyway and if he does, he'll look for the through-ball. I may try to add long shots to his game once he's developed a bit more.

He has 3.5* potential, is ambitious, he trains well, he fits in with the rest of the team, relishes big matches and learns English quckly....although when I first signed him he got homesick after a month or two. I sent him on leave and since coming back has been solid for two years. He cost £2.4m two years ago but is now valued at double that and he has an 11k p/w deal. :drool:
  3. Jun 8, 2012

Kinky Melinky Banned

I haven't got enough money for him yet and the transfer window is closed. Need to see how I am at the end of the season but will definitely buy him if I have enough.

Can you remember your buying price ?
  4. Jun 8, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

I got Can for about 600k in the first season itself. Quality player. I always play him as a DM though.
  5. Jun 8, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

Play him regularly and he becomes the best RB in the World by the age of 21. Absolute monster..
  6. Jun 8, 2012

niMic Curvy gay

The United manager in my game really fecked up somewhere. Rooney is pissed, and he's barely being played. He's not injured, and hasn't been for a while, but he barely comes off the bench.
  7. Jun 8, 2012

Walrus Oppressed White Male

I'm having my most epic transfer saga of all my FM run throughs trying to sign Aaron Ramsey as United. I've unsettled him quite nicely, I initially wanted him 2 summers ago but he was happy at Arsenal. Then Wenger left to manage Barcelona and the new manager wasnt playing him, so he started to get unhappy, so the next summer I put in a bid of £16m which was accepted, but my stingy board wouldn't let me pay him £50k p/w so negotiations broke down which pissed Ramsey off.
    So next season is going again and every approach I makes just being rejected, and even if the bid is accepted Ramseys agent just gives me a straight "feck off".

So now we have just past the next summer again and he is still unhappy, I've had a bid of £7m(!) accepted but don't have the transfer budget - I begged the board to increase it a little as he had agreed terms and everything, and they agreed to increase my budget.....to £3.5m. Tried to delay the transfer but it failed and broke down once more.
  8. Jun 8, 2012

£2.4m. Bargain!
  9. Jun 8, 2012

At the end of the first season.

(Where's my edit button gone? :confused:)
  10. Jun 8, 2012

Big-Red Killed CurveFever.

Test

Change your browse?
  11. Jun 8, 2012

Revan Full Member

This game is so fecking stupid.

In the year 2014 Mario Gotze won the Golden Ball, in process he scored 5 goals and made 22 assists. Lionel Messi was the second with 25 goals and about 20 assists but the surprise was that my Javier Hernandez came only third and he scored 72 goals and made 14 assists. Gotze was in Dortmund and was without silverware (they finished fifth in the league), Messi won the Spanish league but was eleminated in quarter finals of Champions while Hernandez won the league, the Champions, the European supercup and the world Cup for clubs. And he had 300 votes less than Gotze which is an absolute disgrace. To make things worse Seydou Doumbla who almost singel handedly won the World Cup (scoring 11 goals, 4 of them in the final) wasn't even among the contenders. God's know why, even in World Cup Neymar was chosen first and he was second despite Doumbla scoring 5 goals more than him, and in the final thrashing Brazil 6-1 (he scored 4 while Neymar none).

Also a very interesting thing. I called a regen 18 years old striker of mine for England, he played 3 games (all of them as a second half substitude) and scored 4 goals (all in friendly games). He was chosen the best English player :lol:.

And then you hear people saying that this game is realistic. I almost forgot, press conferences when United play Bolton are much longer then when United play in Champions League final :lol:.
  12. Jun 8, 2012

Kinky Melinky Banned

I notice on the match day when you have key highlights on and you go into tactics; when you get back out the game gets reversed into full match. When you click it back to Key highlights it seems to not respond for a while. In some cases I've missed goals.

Anyone else have this glitch ?
  13. Jun 8, 2012

Cina Cina's mum brlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlr

Nope, never noticed it.
  14. Jun 8, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

If its a quality CM you want, try Podstawski from Porto. Or an Italian called Bertolacci. There's also Adryan, Brazilian. He's totally attack minded CM though unlike the other 2 who are more rounded CMs.
  15. Jun 8, 2012

Revan Full Member

Also Felipe Anderson, cost about 5M but he's a really great player.
  16. Jun 8, 2012

SilentWitness Moderator

Supports:
    Everton
    I've been given a touchline ban and i'm not allowed to make any tactical changes in my next match :lol:

Okay, that meant i wasn't allowed to issue team talks (not even getting to let my assistant do it). I wasn't able to make subs (not even my assistant could), or issue opposition instructions either. Thankfully i managed to win 1-0.
  17. Jun 8, 2012

Ralaks Full Member

Halfway through the 4th season with FC Midtjylland now and I managed to get past a very tough group (Atletico Madrid, Bayern & Sparta Prague) Got hammered home & away by Madrid, beat Sparta Prague easily both home and away on the other hand.

The bayern games were brilliant though, I destroyed them in Munich 4-1 and they didn't beat me by enough at my ground so I went through on head to head. I had a goalscore of 15-15 or something crazy like that so I guess I was entertaining to the neutrals at least.

Meant I ended up 2nd which means I draw some beasty first place opposition - FC Barcelona - I don't really fancy my chances but I suppose it'll give a bump in cash as well as coefficients.

I ended up flogging two of my loyal servants this January window, always have a hard time doing that for some reason. I've signed Podstawski who was at City but his contract was running out so getting him on a free which is fantastic.
  18. Jun 8, 2012

Cina Cina's mum brlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlr

Some of my crazy regens from my old Utd save.

This defender cost me £20m when he was 18, but well worth it, his stats for the last season I played are there too, quite a few goals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this striker, £5m, I do love the Brazilians

[​IMG]

£4m for this winger

[​IMG]
  19. Jun 8, 2012

niMic Curvy gay

Brutal honesty.

[​IMG]
  20. Jun 8, 2012

McLovin Bites pillows thinking of John Terry

Psychzophrenic much?
  21. Jun 8, 2012

niMic Curvy gay

My unemployed game has been.. interesting. After finishing 2nd and then winning the Norwegian league with Viking, I took over Charlton who had just been relegated to the L1. I didn't have any money, but just the team that was already there was enough to dominate the league, and after half a season I took over a Blackburn that was on relegation spots in the Championship. I managed to take them up to 16th. They actually have some money, for the level, so I have now had the chance to build on the team a bit. Though ofc some players disappeared on free transfer, like Yakubu.

I didn't plan on being there for very long, but I think I might stay now, at least until I gain promotion to the Premier League. The club isn't in that good shape, so it might take a few seasons. Also, I have an incredible defensive talent that just appeared in the youth team, and I want to see how he turns out before I leave.
  22. Jun 9, 2012

SilentWitness Moderator

Supports:
    Everton
    On my Everton save i have been taken over and thankfully been kept on. The new chairmen gave me 30 million extra to spend so i bough M'vila with it.

Few interesting things happening in my save though. Newcastle have also been taken over with Mcleish in as manager. They have spent £96 million in total and are continuously sniffing around Rodwell and Barkley.

Tottenham have Erikson, Hazard and Jovetic but don't seem to be contending for any major trophies and struggle to get into the top 4.

Plus Arsenal have decided to offer jobs to every single scout that i have.
  23. Jun 9, 2012

Kinky Melinky Banned

fecker isn't interested in entering into contract negotiations with my club! :mad:

What a dick!
  24. Jun 9, 2012

LARulz Full Member

So I started a new game, took over Tottenham after Redknapp bolted. I signed Hernandez but the fecker won't score! I've given him a poachers role and his stats are even improving due to training, so why won't he score? He gets tons of chances a game and he just passes it to the keeper. Any suggestions? I haven't actually managed him before
  25. Jun 9, 2012

wr8_utd :'(

I've put him as poacher too and he just won't stop scoring. He and Rooney are lethal
  26. Jun 9, 2012

bosnian_red Full Member

I always play him next to Rooney in my United save, so try playing him next to a deep lying forward instead of being a load striker. Maybe its just bad form too, which it probably is. Persistence is key.
  27. Jun 9, 2012

Lynk Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  28. Jun 9, 2012

Count Orduck Full Member

:lol:

Amusingly, they all look identical to the regen faces I have. It's amusing that the regens always just end up looking the same.
  29. Jun 9, 2012

LARulz Full Member

So I need to sign Rooney. Think I will play him with someone instead of having people behind him. He went on a run of 3 games scoring 5 then nothing for the next few games again.
  30. Jun 9, 2012

Big-Red Killed CurveFever.

Not just Rooney, I had a complete injury crisis in mine. He played beside Welbeck and Keane and one stage and was still banging them in with them racking up assists. Stick anyone beside him, as either Trequarista or DLF I reckon.
  31. Jun 9, 2012

LARulz Full Member

Yeah just done it. Scored 2 goals. Disappointing he can't play up top on his own but will find a way to fit the formation around him
  32. Jun 9, 2012

jakec nightclub John Terry

David Grays birthday should be a holiday.
    Shite, Evra needs a rest, so i sent him on holiday for a week, just realised Fabios suspended, Digne has been brought up from the reserves, o play against Blackburn
  33. Jun 10, 2012

SilentWitness Moderator

Supports:
    Everton
    The game has scheduled the FA Cup semi final on the 18th of April 2015 against Liverpool. All was fine, until i noticed that they hadn't rearranged the league game on the 19th of April 2015 against United who happen to be my rivals in the title challenge. Great.

EDIT: I lost both games :lol:

Beat 6-5 on penalties by Liverpool, Kagawa and a regen fullback missed the penalties. Narrowly beaten by United 2-1 with most of my players unfit for the match so i did alright. If they win their game in hand they will be 1 point behind me though.
  34. Jun 10, 2012

niMic Curvy gay

So my Media-predicted Championship relegation candidates Blackburn beat Chelsea 1-0 at Stamford Bridge in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, and now I just beat City 3-1 at home in the first leg of the League Cup semi. I'll probably lose 7-0 away, and I'm playing Arsenal next in the FA Cup, but I still feel pretty good about that.

I'm also sitting pretty at the top of the Championship after slightly over half the season has gone. Media prediction 23rd. Not sure why, since I finished 16th after taking over half-way through last season when they were sitting in the relegation zone.
  35. Jun 10, 2012

niMic Curvy gay

I lost 2-1 at their place, so I won, and I am now in the final :lol:

Barry slating Mancini in the press :lol:
  36. Jun 10, 2012

Ralaks Full Member

So finished the fourth season

CL: Managed to go through from a pretty hard group, highlight was beating Bayern Munich 4-1 at their place. Still can't beat or play well against the cream of Europe on a regular basis (lost heavily to At Madrid and later Barcelona)
    [​IMG]Knockout:
    [​IMG]
    The Cup was won pretty easily again:
    [​IMG]
    Same about the league: Best record since I took over 4 years ago - Even bettered my last season goalwise - had some proper mashings through out the season: League is getting too easy, but I've yet to get an offer or a reason to just bugger off.
    [​IMG]
    Igboun once again proved to be an absolute beast, not only at club level but also international level. He also won African player of the year as well as the Golden Shoe.
    [​IMG]
    This lad ended up being my signing of the season (despite good efforts by Bongani Khumalo in defence and Joshua King up front)
    [​IMG]
  37. Jun 10, 2012

niMic Curvy gay

Media prediction: 23rd.
    End poisition: 2nd.

Pretty pleased with that. I expected it to take a few seasons for me to gain promotion. I had incredibly poor form in the end, drawing 4 and losing 2, so I should definitely have been able to win the league, but at least this means promotion. I was considering staying at the club, but I'm not entirely sure. We had a take-over, but not the good kind. We went from one owner to another, and all it got us was £7 million in debt that wasn't there before.

We'll see. I might stay, but if I get some good offers I'll take them.
  38. Jun 10, 2012

Ralaks Full Member

Ouch. That sucks. The club changed hands here as well, but that was a promotion from within so hardly any change was felt for good or worse.

My stadium has been expanded every close season, gone from 11809 at the start and when the current expansion is done it's going to hit 23500, I've averaged a 97% attendance figures, wonder how it'll go this year with the biggest expansion so far (6700 seats)
  39. Jun 10, 2012

niMic Curvy gay

This was also a promotion from within, but I guess he had to take up a loan to buy out the previous owners. I knew what I would find when I got the personal message from him saying there would be no investments.
  40. Jun 10, 2012

niMic Curvy gay

United just hired Ancelotti and Liverpool hired Moyes.

Edit: And Stoke hired me.