View full 2018-19 profile

5.2 Average rating
15 Appearances
1 Goal
1 Assist
3 Yellow cards
  1. Jan 7, 2019

Litch Full Member

I can see many have given Lindelof a temporary reprieve and are now turning to Fred. Shall we wait until he's actually played some football games for us before writing his career of here...
  2. Jan 7, 2019

NotQuiteManc Full Member

Supports:
    Higher Income Tax For The Rich
    For a supposed experienced midfielder who has been playing in UCL and WC etc, his touch and passing is pretty loose. I guess Jose managed to sap all the confidence in the club, especially to players that have rarely given enough minutes.

Hope the likes of him and Pereira will return to normal at least, so they can play more as the 2nd half of season progresses.
  3. Jan 7, 2019

Majima New Member

Exactly. Go back to Lindelöf in the defeat at Brighton at the start of this season. Glenn Murray schooled him that day. He couldn't handle the physicality. He was truly hopeless. I don't think anyone would have been bothered if we never saw him again after that.

Now look at him. He's come of the back of a string of MOTM displays. He's easily our best defender at the minute. He's even being assertive against big physical strikers like Rondon too which was the big weakness of his. A complete contrast to the the start of the season.

This just shows how much of a factor confidence is.

You can see Fred is very talented when he gets on the ball. I'm a fan. He has good vision. He picks out some nice passes, quickly advancing the play forward. He just comes across as needing to calm down and stop trying so hard to impress.

Which will happen eventually, he just needs time. We just need to show patience in the meantime.
  4. Jan 7, 2019

ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg Full Member

I just can't see any justification for him being on the pitch at the moment, and without an injury crisis he won't get on the pitch.
  5. Jan 7, 2019

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    It’s weird when he was coming so many were sure it was for a DM but watching him if anything he should probably be Pogbas understudy as he looks like he loves a venture forward, has shown goal scoring instincts, an ability to travel with the ball and an eye for a pass, just a bonus that he has a bit of the Herrera appetite for winning the ball back.
    I’m not convinced he and Pogba with Matic would be a great idea, right now Herrera seems the glue that holds that together and makes it work.
  6. Jan 7, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

exactly. I made a very similar post above.

I think many on this forum are too young to remember Evra + Vidic's first few matches.

Evra got subbed at HT after a shocker, Vidic took a few fair months to even start looking impressive.

Players from foreign countries always take time to settle. Some better than others.
  7. Jan 7, 2019

But when is he even going to get to play? He appears to be such an I'll thought out signing by the club. At his best, is he going to be a great midfielder, or just another squad player? Midfield wasn't the issue in the summer. I hate to take a leaf out of Liverpool's book, but they spent big on their biggest problem areas, CB and GK. We spent big on another squad player that we didn't need, and that's one of the reasons his playing time will be so limited, we have so many other players there.
  8. Jan 7, 2019

Oldham Full Member

I think he's some really good qualities for a box to box midfielder.
    But yes he's struggling for us so far. Hopefully just needs time to find his feet at United...
  9. Jan 7, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

He obviously has the talent. He can pick a pass and times his ball control is very Brazilian and then at times, it has been Lukakusque. I feel he need more game time. he is not a defensive midfield player by any stretch of the imagination. As another OP has said he should be the under study for Pogab. He is best when he attacks.
  10. Jan 8, 2019

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Who is going to turn out the better signing - Bet Victor or Bet Fred?
  11. Jan 8, 2019

Our midfield is actually pretty good, and we have numbers there - and they generally stay fit! Our CBs are poor, and cannot stay fit, ergo Lindelof will get lots of opportunities, which I can’t see Fred getting at all.

I think Lindelof will be a useful squad player, and I think Fred will be gone within 18 months. I’d love to be wrong, and both turn out to be great first team players.
  12. Jan 8, 2019

BluesJr Full Member

What’s the reason for Fred not being in Dubai?
  13. Jan 8, 2019

tomaldinho1 Full Member

I think his girlfriend is pregnant. Tbh, I think that was the Mirror so literally could be any reason.

I like to think he'll still come good, not ready to give up on him yet
  14. Jan 8, 2019

BluesJr Full Member

Suppose that’s valid however don’t think it’s a very good look. Perfect chance to really get some more work in.
  15. Jan 8, 2019

red woppit New Member

Yes, it will be difficult for him at the moment, but some players do take time to settle into new surroundings, and with his partner about to give birth, I can understand why he may not be totally focussed. Let Ole work with him, let him know what is required to be a Manchester United player, give him a few runouts before the end of the season, and then we may see what he is really like.
  16. Jan 8, 2019

matherto ask me about our 50% off sale!

What's he supposed to be good at?
  17. Jan 8, 2019

roseguy64 Full Member

I wouldn't knock someone for wanting to be there for the birth of their child over showing up for a work thing. He's still showing up for work anyway and if it counts against him he'll be with another high paying job soon anyway.
  18. Jan 8, 2019

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Are people really suggesting he should miss the both of his child?
  19. Jan 8, 2019

el3mel Full Member

Completely fine for me for him to attend the birth of his child. Football wise he's irrelevant for the team anyway so I shouldn't be mad at him missing the training.
  20. Jan 17, 2019

Prodigy24 Full Member

Joined the rest of the midfielders in becoming a father. Congrats!
  21. Jan 17, 2019

0le Full Member

Congratulations Fred, all the best to the new addition to your family.
  22. Jan 17, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

The more you see the recordings of the matches, the better you realise that he is not a bad player. He has the attributes to be a very good football player.
  23. Jan 18, 2019

Funky Futurista Full Member

Think he'll be an important squad player in in the coming months. We have a lot of games coming up, and we'll need to rest our best midfielders at some point. Hope he kicks on and puts in some decent performances. Really like the guy, would be a shame if he flopped.
  24. Jan 18, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

He has vision and the Brasilian touch. I remember the way he toe flipped a pass during one of his recent games. His ball control and passing is not bad. It is that sometimes he is careless in his passing.
  25. Jan 18, 2019

adamwest Full Member

I believe in Fred
  26. Jan 25, 2019

Kostur Full Member

Still not getting a nod. Guess it's still Mourinho's fault?
  27. Jan 25, 2019

haram Full Member

Well he's not going to get in ahead of Herrera at the moment.
  28. Jan 25, 2019

RedTiger Full Member

Squad rotation. He'll play the next game for sure.
  29. Jan 27, 2019

lex talionis Full Member

We should gird ourselves against the possibility that Fred will fail to make a notable contribution to the squad this season, but we may a pretty decent midfielder on our hands next season. Patience is required here.
  30. Jan 27, 2019

ChaddyP Full Member

Lindelof came good. I think he will too. Just needs time to adjust
  31. Jan 27, 2019

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

He’s a good player. He’ll come good, just needs abit of time and patience.
  32. Jan 27, 2019

Mcking Full Member

His touch and passing is loose at times, and he always seem to think he has infinite time on the ball. He is talented, but he does not seem like someone that has had any iota of coaching. He is inconsistent at everything and desparately needs to sharpen up.
  33. Jan 27, 2019

robbieromance New Member

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    He’s just massively overpriced. He’ll be a decent member of the squad I think and there’s no massive need to panic. It wasn’t long ago people wanted Herrera out but he’s a high-end squad midfielder who would end up at a top club if he ever left United. I think Fred is going to be the same type of player. It’d be better to have got him cheaper though.
  34. Jan 27, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

Still have faith in him. Think he’ll need the full season, but he should be judged fair and square next season if he doesn’t perform. Similarly with Naby Keita at Liverpool. Some players take longer than others, although fans should not reserve judgment forever either.
  35. Jan 27, 2019

abdo99 Full Member

Very excited to see him in action again. Hopefully on Tuesday .
  36. Jan 27, 2019

matherto ask me about our 50% off sale!

You would hope Mr. Carrick might have a word with him and just calm him down a bit. His passing is all over the shop and Carrick might just help.
  37. Jan 28, 2019

DarkRed New Member

Supports:
    Man Utd / Barca
    Talked to a friend from Ukraine today about Fred, he said that Fred used to play in a defensive role more like a Holding, but never looked like he is on the same level as Fernandinho.
    also wanted to add two observations:
    1. Fred took the full time off after the world cup after not playing a single game.
    2. Morinio and OGS both said that Andreas is working really hard in training but you never hear it about Fred.

doesn't look like he is really putting in the effort ...
  38. Jan 29, 2019

Bwuk Full Member

I’d give him a game tonight against Burnley and rest one of Matic or Herrera.

We need to see if we can get something out of him. It’ll be madness to go into the Feb busy period with only 2 functional holding midfielders.
  39. Jan 29, 2019

charlie9882 New Member

He's only played 90 minutes more for United than Phil Foden has for City this season.
  40. Jan 29, 2019

SteveW Full Member

We need to rest them a bit. Theres no way they will be able to maintain current energy levels with so many difficult games coming up.

Fred is perhaps the best option but I honestly trust none of the back ups. Ole needs to squeeze some performances out of at least one of them. Fingers crossd