Gary Neville gives passionate must-watch analysis of Man United's problems | MNF

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by #07, May 7, 2019.

1. May 8, 2019

FootyGirl88

Exactly!! Another good example is Levy/Spurs look at the what he has done for them since he came in. If people think a new CEO/DOF wouldn't change our current situation they're idiots I'm sorry.
  2. May 8, 2019

Eleven-Eighteen New Member

Ha. Well of course that too. But he could've hid his incompetence a little while longer with the right support
  3. May 8, 2019

Mainoldo Full Member

I swear half of this guys just talk and don’t actually watch what’s going on. I’m still trying to figure out these shirt sale signings we keep making.
  4. May 8, 2019

Mainoldo Full Member

I’m not saying they are not to blame but the real reason they are failing is because they keep listen to us fans and pundits who are proven time after time after time! We don’t know sh!t like your post clearly puts out. With the majority of the boards decisions being backed 100 percent by the fans and I mean ‘100’ percent.

Moyes gets a long contract because of the ‘United way’ the board then get blamed for sacking him too early. Like REALLY???

We’re moaning now about structure philosophy and all that crap. I.e. look at City. So our dumb board hire the guy who helped rebuild Barca brought through young players who you can google if you like. Was that a bad idea? It’s what we are calling for right now isn’t it. A rebuild for a manager who has had successfully youth rebuilds? Next question did LVG not deserved to get sacked? I’ll let you think about it.

The next choice was like oh crap City are getting arguable the best manager in the world. So what do our board do.. get arguably the other best manager in the world. Even give him what he always needs money. Now was that a bad decision to sack him? As far as I’m concerned Mourinho went Mourinho and if Pep didn’t exist we would have been league champions playing Mourinho football.

I’ll repeat the board are fcking this up but if you think if we actually got lucky and got Pep or Klopp (because we was after them) or even Mourinho after Fergie left that this bullshit would have not happened your naive.
  5. May 8, 2019

Mainoldo Full Member

I don’t see any evidence of the Barca model being successful in the 90’s or late 00’s. I’ll repeat I witnessed Christanbal, Xavi, Pauyol, Kliuvert, Thiago Motta and a lot of others play the worse football ever seen by a top club. Currently right now whilst they are winning titles and rightly so, I’m witnessing a poor rebuild protected by Messi and zero promotion of youth. So can you explain to me what is going on there?
  6. May 8, 2019

Okey Full Member

Gotta say I agree with Gary's rant. The club needs a full reset. At the moment the squad is an unbalanced mish mash product of 3 failed managerial appointments. A reboot in strategy is needed to rebuild a squad fit to represent United. And to then run the club properly to stop the rot repeating.
  7. May 8, 2019

sparx99 Full Member

United shouldn't copy Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid. We need to put in place a structure which works for our club.

It's like the way England copied France after World Cup '98 by building St Georges Park. Then we wanted to copy Spain and then Germany. Finally, Southgate is doing things his own way and has had results (aided by some quality players coming through).

Ole may not be successful but he should be the first in a series of managers over the next 5-10 years who have a largely similar playing style. We cannot keep swerving to whichever style or big name is available.
  8. May 8, 2019

mojo Full Member

Neville was right in almost everything he said. But he didn’t mention the Glazers and that makes me wonder why.
  9. May 8, 2019

::sonny:: Full Member

Simply immense,

First point keep only players who wanna stay and care... so get rid of:

De gea
    Pogba
    Martial
    Sanchez
    Lukaku
  10. May 8, 2019

Robbo's Shoulder Full Member

He's 100% right in what he said, the clubs rotten to the core and needs sorting out from top to borrom. Nothing will change unless major changes happen.
  11. May 8, 2019

StrettyEnder07 New Member

Mate not gonna lie, after last night, I don't have the energy to go through all that haha

Lets just hope, for both our sakes, we get our club back next season because I am sick and tired of feeling like I support a business rather than a club, look at the connection of the fans and Liverpool last night, we feel sooooooooo far away from that right now.
  12. May 8, 2019

meamth Full Member

Of course he can F*ck. He's a man.
  13. May 8, 2019

Inigo Montoya Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

And maybe that's the problem. As my wife says, men screw up everything;)
  14. May 8, 2019

Murder on Zidane's Floor You'd better not kill Giroud

He mentioned the glazers.
  15. May 8, 2019

redIndianDevil Full Member

Sanchez was wanted by Mourinho. He wouldn't have moved here if we didn't pay those obscene wages, don't know what Woodward is supposed to do here.
  16. May 8, 2019

Minimalist New Member

The funny thing is the more I consider it, it’s really not that hard to have United back in the top four or top three next season - even with only a few key signings in the summer. If they played like did under Oles first lot of games, they wouldn’t be winning anything but they’d certainly not be causing us misery like they are now.

The real issue is the constant back and forth we see year on year (some progress, then complete collapse again the next). That’s where the structure needs to be better beyond whoever the manager is.

We need someone to direct transfers and the future of the squad alongside the manager (a DoF) or whoever. We need to kick out the bad apples with attitude problems (or confidence/mentality issues) and get this squad looking like athletes again.

We need some fecking stability right now.
  17. May 8, 2019

meamth Full Member

:lol:

I was reading that post with great intrigue..suddenly that one sentence stopped me from reading till the end.
  18. May 8, 2019

ForestRGoinUp Full Member

Nah, the whole lot of them think the solution is to buy up a whole bunch of players who love the club. None of the players Pep or Klopp bought likely had any affection at all for those clubs. But they trust their managers are working hard for them so they return the favor. Once Klopp started delivering the wins and the supporters felt a connection, all the love of the club stuff comes up. Wouldn't even be mentioned if Klopp wasn't delivering the goods though.

We need a world class manager that the players know will improve them and bring out the very best in them. Then they will run through walls for him. And then the fans will love them and so on and so forth.
  19. May 8, 2019

tombombadil Full Member

Spot on from Gary Neville.

I've said it before. What we're suffering now is the same as what Tottenham and City went through with their mercenaries. In both cases, the manager was backed and they challenged for the title eventually.

In our case, Woodward sabotaged the manager so that he could get rid of him after offering him a new contract and had no idea what to do next.
  20. May 8, 2019

Jackal New Member

Except that 8 out of the players you listed weren't his first choice. He submitted a list of priority players and Woodward gets the cheaper options. When has Jose ever had to rely on rookies in his central defence to mount a meaningful title challenge. Just look at the precedent and try to get a perspective of what went wrong at United.

Even with the dirt poor players Woodward kept signing for him, he managed to finish 2nd against all odds. That was the point the board should have backed him fully to bridge the gap between United and Man City - especially when he was handed a new contract. Lo and behold, Woodward was able to do press briefings that Jose shouldn't moan about not getting new players. He was told to coach the one he's got because that is what good managers do.

I am patiently waiting for Solskjaer to coach Jones into becoming Maldini and perhaps Smalling will become Baresi.
  21. May 8, 2019

manunited1919 Full Member

Notice how Carragher asks him a simple question about Mourinho wanting Sanchez, and Neville chooses to ignore it, because it tears his whole argument down.
    And keep Ashley Young, Lingard, Phil Jones, and Rojo, because they care? And make Rashford our primary striker because he is mancunian and he also cares?

Good thing that idiot Neville is NOT in charge of our club. He has too much influence over Ole through his media network as it is.
  22. May 8, 2019

humdinger Full Member

I agree with Gary on a lot of things there. Clearly as furious as the rest of us.
  23. May 8, 2019

Mainoldo Full Member

I’ve heard it all now. So Liverpool can buy Robertson from Hull but our £30m defenders were dirt poor, not first choice and what cheap? What else was £30m getting you?
  24. May 8, 2019

Dante Bang Average but can post Blindfolded for 15 secs

They're not at United.

They're no more a a part of the rot than internet fans like you.
  25. May 8, 2019

Not the same because they do make a lot of noise and can make things very difficult for the manager, so they end up getting some access and influence over the manager.
  26. May 8, 2019

Rightnr Full Member

I have not seen this yet but I bet he doesn't call out the English players. Neville might be generally right but he suffers from some of the same bullshit biases Ole does.
  27. May 8, 2019

Nonsense.
  28. May 8, 2019

Do you see your hypocrisy?

Accusing others of bias whilst simultaneously expressing your own biases with an admission that you don't need to see any evidence to believe them.
  29. May 8, 2019

Rightnr Full Member

I wouldn't be so quick to call someone a hypocrite. I've gone through the clip now and he's very general in terms of his criticism and he doesn't actually focus on the players. I also explicitly stated my bias while Neville tries to portray himself as a cold-hearted logic man and he's clearly proven with his past comments that he's nowhere near that.

What he does say, which is related to my point before I even saw it, is that some players do not want to be here, and that's clearly a swipe at the Pogbas and Martials, which is in the same vein as things he's said in the past. As if the clowns like Young and Jones who are winning the lottery day-in, day-out being part of this club shouldn't be thrown out yesterday.

Basically, all I'm saying is that Neville is as much part of the problem as the solution.

Frankly, I don't really care much for watching MUFC Ltd at the moment because of more important things in life but I can't see how my passion's going to return when we seem intent on repeating the same mistakes of the past (the club, mostly but also fans who refuse to voice their displeasure in an overt way).
  30. May 8, 2019

Nonsense is saying a regular fan has as much influence as Gary Neville and his media friends.
  31. May 8, 2019

In both cases, 0.
  32. May 8, 2019

We can agree a regular fan has 0 interest, but Oh! media does have much more influence than a regular fan.
  33. May 9, 2019

HailtotheKing Full Member

Gary has a blindspot when it comes to the England players that's for sure. Other than that I think he's pretty balanced. And he doesn't exactly proclaim Ashley Young as the best right back in world football. He praises him for practically playing every position in the team, while simultaneously questioning the club as to why they've let this happen. He also regularly criticises our defense (and therefore Jones and Smalling). The only ones he's less keen on chastising are the players he managed - Rashford and Lingard. And Rashford may be playing like shite right now, but it's pretty clear he's been injured since the PSG / Liverpool game, so he's not entirely to blame on that.

I think you'd be right to criticize Scholes and Keane. Their opinion seems to be much more basic and old school to me. Mainly just about players giving an effort and fecking off social media. Neville on the other hand makes great comments about the entire structure of the club and management. And those views are based on the future not the past. I think Neville gets a bad rap and shouldn't be bracketed with the rest of Class of 92.
  34. May 9, 2019

The Boy Full Member

Supports:
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    The real problem is that Ed has tried really really hard to make them but normally comes up short - there are lots of big names that you've tried to get and failed...

Bale, Kroos, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Hummels, Ramos to mention just a few. LvG and Moyes have confirmed that you tried to buy all of these.

Then there were the ones you did get but they failed....

Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Sanchez, Di Maria

The there are the ones that the jury is still out on

Pogba and Lukaku

Then finally the one that worked OK - Ibra

Not sure why you don't see the issue here it's staring you right in the face, from where I sit Ed Woodward's role in your club has been fecking disastrous from pretty much day 1
  35. May 9, 2019

Mainoldo Full Member

Good points but answer me this. Is Ed Woodward the only guy to fail at transfers? Did David Gill not fail at transfers.. if we took Fergie away we would have been crap for years because after selling Ronaldo and whilst having Ronaldo. We failed to land Aguero, David Silva, then onto Hazard, Lucus Moura, Sami Nasri, Hummels who you’ve mentioned already. Like this happens in football. I have no problem blaming the board we just blame them for the wrong thing and scratch our heads to why we don’t know what’s went wrong.
  36. May 9, 2019

Lennon7 nipple flasher and door destroyer

So you'd keep the well below United quality players just because they care? feck it, let's buy Billy Sharp or Jansson then
  37. May 9, 2019

Eddy_JukeZ Full Member

He lost me when he said we've appointed best in class coaches. Jose was not a 'best in class' coach in 2016. Neither was Van Gaal in 2014. It's pure fan fiction from Neville to dispel any blame from the managers failing.

He will never ever criticize the managers.
  38. May 9, 2019

Celoti23-81 New Member

Yeah, completely correct. However, we now have a manager who lives in the past. If you have to resort to showing videos of the 1999 treble year, like Solskjaer has done as his motivational toll, then you are in trouble, and I see no chance of us evolving!
    The Utd way will hold us back.
  39. May 9, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

Neville makes few good points, gets over dramatic and spouts lot of nonsense, which gets mixed with his good opinions and people barely notice.
  40. May 9, 2019

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate Scout

With 30m£? Umtiti, Hummels, Sule, Lenglet, Skriniar and others.