Halloween

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by pocco, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Jun 9, 2018

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    My favourite horror movie franchise is returning this October and they're trying to take it back to what it was.

The movie will be set after the original. The new trailer was released yesterday...

Personally I can't wait. I was born in 88 so to be able to watch a Halloween movie that will hopefully bring the same experience as the original did, in the cinema, will be amazing.
  2. Jun 9, 2018

The Bloody-Nine Full Member

It's already far superior to Blob Zombie's shite.
  3. Sep 15, 2018

Sweet Square Full Member

Retweeted by John Carpenter

Also earlier reviews have been saying the new film is great.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  4. Sep 15, 2018

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Yes I'm looking forward to seeing it, heard the reviews have been very good. Apparently it's really brutal.

Also I'm laughing at the thought of something taking the knife out of the hand of that mannequin and it is calling everyone a w*nker as they walk past.
  5. Sep 15, 2018

BluesJr Full Member

Can't wait for this. Michael Myers has always been one of the best movie killers around.
  6. Sep 15, 2018

Jippy Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes Staff

Has he directed this reboot?
  7. Sep 15, 2018

Sweet Square Full Member

:lol:

Sadly not. He's done the soundtrack with is great but it's been directed by David Gordon.
  8. Sep 15, 2018

Hopefully him attaching his name to it in some way means it's not a bag of shite.
  9. Sep 15, 2018

Grinner Fat gutted, hairy shouldered, stinky Arse. Staff

Supports:
    Arsenal

Have you seen Ghosts of Mars? JC has declined over the years.
  10. Sep 15, 2018

Sweet Square Full Member

I'm pretty sure he's been open in the past about hating shite remakes of his films.

Hopefully as you've said his(And Jamie Lee Curtis) involvement means is somewhat decent.
  11. Sep 15, 2018

Fair point. Seem to remember a ropey later one set in psychiatric ward/orphanage or something too.
  12. Sep 15, 2018

Art Vandelay Full Member

Was that the one with Amber Heard? I remember it being ok, but nothing special.

I'm really looking forward to this. Early reviews are postive and I'm hoping they don't feck around with anything stupid involving murdering relatives or cults this time. Just pure evil unleashed and Jamie Lee Curtis trying to stop it.
  13. Sep 15, 2018

lsd Full Member

Danny Mc bride co wrote the script which is not as bad as you may think .

He is a huge fan of these films and going by his interviews is taking this very seriously
  14. Sep 16, 2018

Garethw scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

The general consensus seems to be that this is a worthy sequel to the original Halloween.

The final showdown between Michael and Laurie is supposed to be fecking brilliant.

I absolutely adore the majority of Carpenters films. He is my favourite director and Halloween is my favourite horror film of all time. I cannot wait to see this.
  15. Sep 16, 2018

Sweet Square Full Member

:nervous:

That was my least favourite part of the original, it always felt like a bit of a let down although I image that was down to the budget.
  16. Oct 23, 2018

Art Vandelay Full Member

I just saw it and it's very good, the best since the first. Michael is like he was in the first, murdering and piss taking. The actual ending isn't brilliant, but overall I very much enjoyed it.

Although I'm not sure it's worth seeing in the cinema, other people are just absolute fecking dickheads really. Getting their phones out when they are scared, talking loudly to pretend they aren't scared and some idiot woman commenting on everything "He's killed her!" what the feck did she think was going to happen? There was a fair amount of screaming too, but that's acceptable, it's not talking for the full fecking 2 hours.
  17. Oct 23, 2018

Olly Gunnar Solskjær bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal dog Scout

18. Oct 23, 2018

beedoubleyou Full Member

I didn't think it was great. It's certainly not bad at all and sidesteps any real hint of cringe. However, I was a little bored and at no point scared or even feeling a hint of tension. It would be a fitting and sensible full stop for the series, but the reviews and box-office suggest Michael will be back, but he really shouldn't be.

It's fine, a solid 6/10.
  19. Oct 23, 2018

gza the genius Full Member

I don't think this will spoil anything without context but in the theater I saw it in right after a character in the movie kept yelling "I can't do it" an older woman in the crowd proceeded to yell back "yes you can!!" and I burst out laughing. Sort've a mood killer.

I really enjoyed the film though. Much, much better than any of the other sequels.
  20. Oct 23, 2018

Art Vandelay Full Member

When it started getting really intense not long before that scene some guy started talking loudly to the film because he was clearly shitting his pants. Then several people told him to shut up, he kept talking and it was killing the mood. Eventually he shut up, I think his significant other had to have a word with him.

I'm tempted to see it again later when the crowds die down a bit, I'm surprised how much I enjoyed it. You can tell they really did love the original.
  21. Oct 23, 2018

JoaquinJoaquin Full Member

Movie was pretty average IMO. I liked it more than the Zombie remakes but doubt I'll watch it again if truth be told. Some of the plot holes were just crazy.