Has Ole given up on next season already?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Ranchero, May 11, 2019.

1. May 14, 2019

JohnnyKills Full Member

He's a decent guy and he probably doesn't want to bullshit the fans. Fair enough really. We all know we're shit so no point him trying to sugarcoat it.
  2. May 14, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

Again with this stupid comparison. Care to compare both resumes before they took United and Pool?
  3. May 14, 2019

Denis79 Full Member

He could be even more honest imo. We all know how bad it is and that there is no quick fix.
  4. May 14, 2019

AJ10 Full Member

Not sure who he's suppose to play if not them at the moment and technically we can call nearly every player "dross" in our team. Ofcourse if they the likes of Young/Smalling/Jones/Rojo/Matic/Lingard etc are starters next season and we neglect our weak areas then he'll be gone sooner rather than later.

Is he the right man for the job? Was LVG/Jose? Who knows tbh I thought jose would come in and clear these crap players out but all he did was made them first names on the sheet. Based on the way Molde play and our earlier glimpses, I do have a tiny hope we'd play some decent football IF we get some decent signings. He was hired due to that run and IMO he had something to do with that (others don't) we'll see next season, if he's the right man.

Our performances went downhill after that PSG game because he changed the way we played, went counter attack style because we had too many muscle injuries trying to play high intensity football but despite that we still managed to created chances and of course missed them (already pointed out in my previous post). I am not saying he didn't make mistakes (Klopp/Pep have as well)with late subs, Most Cb's were injured i think (if you're talking about the last game). But as I said before regardless of tactics if your players miss easy chances and you let in easy goals through mistakes then you have no chance.

Based on the way Molde play and the way we tried to play earlier on, 4-4-3/4-2-3-1 is his preferred formation with High press/Quick passes/Build from back/Really aggressive style. Watch Molde if you want to know more as i am sure you like others think Ole's style is only counter attack and for some reason think the style earlier was drawn up by players.

Well neither can you have it both ways, Any other day Rashford/Pogba could have taken their chances and made it 2/3-0 to United then spurs would have found it even harder to win/Draw, We wouldn't have made mistakes which Burnley scored 2 goals from, Not sure why it wouldn't be a pen based on the rules of the game its a pen, Lukaku might have missed that chance but we could have scored from the number of chances we created in both halfs, We could have taken our chances/Not f'ed up vs Arsenal/Wolves/Huddersfield/Cardiff/Chelsea then we'd be in top 3/4. it works both ways, its not like the opposition were the only ones creating chances.

Well when he came in we were 8+ points below 4th I believe and got close to getting top 4 unfortunately our players f'ed up too many easy chances in important games. were you expecting a CL final with our squad? LVG and Jose had all the credentials in the world but both failed, so they don't mean much. You have to ask Ed Woodward that question.

If you're going to compare managers then you also have to look at the squad and league. We certainly don't have the squad Real Madrid do and their oppositions are certainly not strong bar 2/3 teams. I've already listed the good teams we faced and got good results in our winning run and in our bad run ;players miss easy chances vs Arsenal and give them 2 crappy goals, 3 sitters vs Wolves and Defenders f up, De gea vs Chelsea, and our feck ups in the last 2 games with easy chances being missed and Individual errors costing us goals plus we faced Barca (2)/City (anyone expecting us to win vs them needs their heads examined IMO). In our bad run we've simply missed too many easy chances then gifted them goals with individual errors, not sure what any manager can do about that. Of course that doesn't mean didn't make mistakes with his subs/Lineups/ could have stayed with the earlier style rather than change it due to injuries etc.

At the end of the day, who knows how this will turn out as Jose was suppose to be this **Guarantee** but failed.

We'll find out next season.
  5. May 15, 2019

StrettyEnder07 New Member

Certainly will mate, he may well fail as the last 3 managers have, not saying he is guaranteed to succeed thats your man Enigma or whatever he's called putting words in my mouth.

I think Ole deserves a crack at it, 100% and will hold fire judging and wanting him sacked until he has had the chance to get rid of most of the players causing a toxic dressing room.

If he fails he fails, I sure as hell won't be going anywhere.

I thought Jose would succeed, proved very wrong there.
  6. May 15, 2019

Very true mate, that's me assuming that we sort this absolute mess out and start building a decent side and not chop and change every 6 months and continue to have a squad made up of various managers.
  7. May 15, 2019

Eleven-Eighteen New Member

No he hasn't. Nothing he has said suggests he has.
  8. May 15, 2019

Hahahaha so your argument is now going back through my timeline from months ago, and using my suggestion that we have a nucleolus of good KIDS (all the ones I have quoted) and saying that I have contradicted myself, the 1st squad is very poor, as in Lukaku, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Fred, Pogba, Matic, Pereira, Martial, Young, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Shaw.

The nucleolus of a decent squad going forward as in Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, Garner, Tuanzebe, Henderson.

That explain it for you, hahaha I can't believe you went back through all my posts to find that, very very sad little man, in stitches here that is absolutely priceless!!!

Is that my strategy is it, thanks for letting me know, I will give you a shout on anything else to see if your genius can help with, personal life, do pretty well thanks for your concern.

I'm sure if you spend enough time going through all my posts you can find something, hahaha I love that, sad as feck, enjoy your day Top Red, no doubt you have some Googling to do to waffle on about being a Top Red while the rest of us work.

Amazing
  9. May 15, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

I won't bother wasting my time with someone who will change his opinion to suit his agenda.

Whatever floats your boat, but no wonder you are still not promoted.
  10. May 15, 2019

Jesus watch out lad, don't hit me where it hurts, no wonder your not promoted, ouch!!!

Assuming someone has offended you because you don't go to games or something, this why it's all the Top Red stuff you keep going on about?

You seem a bit upset, horrible when someone has a different opinion to you hey, go get some kleenex mate and wipe those tears.
  11. May 15, 2019

Enigma_87 You know who

:lol: whatever.
  12. May 15, 2019

Enjoy your day Top Red, look forward to seeing you at OT next year and a few away days I'm sure
  13. May 15, 2019

Nikelesh Reddy Full Member

Actually it’s a bit ironic that you talk about us banging on about the “good old days” like Liverpool,because nobody talks more about the good old days than Solksjaer.I hardly remember Moyes,LVG or Jose looking back....But Ole keeps talking about the good old days in every press conference.So it’s Ole who’s stuck in the past,not anyone else....

Is there even an iota of evidence to suggest that Solksjaer has the skill set,the acumen,the quality,the experience,the personality and the track record to manage a club like United?Even managers with better track records have struggled recently,with someone like Solksjaer we”ve got no chance....

Isn’t it just better to entrust a better manager with 150 million quid?Why take the risk of letting someone sign players when there’s a huge question mark on his ability to manage the club?
  14. May 15, 2019

sunama Baghdad Bob

Like everything in life, time moves on.
    The standards by which human beings were judged by in any walk of life, was different 40-50 years ago.
    In today's climate, with all the money on offer, managers need to make instant impact. And if they fail to do this, they get canned.
  15. May 15, 2019

RedTillI'mDead A Key Tool