Heynckes back to Bayern!

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by OutlawGER, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Oct 5, 2017

OutlawGER Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
  2. Oct 5, 2017

The Mitcher connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

3. Oct 5, 2017

OutlawGER Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
    (very)Quick translation:

Football sensation of the year! Bayern reactivates trebble-winner Heynckes from his retirement, until the end of season.

If BILD is reporting something like this, this is 100% true. Hoeneß is known to leak information to BILD. Julian Nagelsmann is likely, well almost guaranteed imo, to be his sucessor next year. Apparently Tuchel asked for too much (sell specific players (Müller?) and buy specific players).
  4. Oct 5, 2017

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)

Right move, IMO. Nagelsmann will be quite the risk (they played terrible in the qualifiers vs Liverpool) but I prefer him to Tuchel.
  5. Oct 5, 2017

izec Full Member

Good choice
  6. Oct 5, 2017

rtr New Member

Didn't expect that
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  7. Oct 5, 2017

VanHaal'sRedArmy Full Member

Bayern's Hiddink. Albeit way more successful.
  8. Oct 5, 2017

NieThePiet New Member

Supports:
    Werder Bremen, Arsenal
    You should read German Bayern forums. They are going crazy.
    He already announced his retirement, he was away for 4 years.

Since Hoeneß is back:

Guardiola -> Heynckes
    Sammer -> Salihamidzic
    Chef-Scout Reschke to Bayern.

Ribery and Robben still not replaced, no Back-Up for Lewandowski. Players like Müller, Robben, Ribery and Alaba gets a play guarantee from the bosses.

Nagelsmann will make a turn around next year? He had one good season and is very young. Bayern is something completely different compared to Hoffenheim..
  9. Oct 5, 2017

Eddy_JukeZ Full Member

Interesting.
  10. Oct 5, 2017

SmashedHombre Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

Crazy in what sense?

TBH I would have been delighted if Fergie had come out of retirement to steady the ship temporarily if Moyes or LVG had been fired early in the season.
  11. Oct 5, 2017

Sid234 Full Member

Too much power with the Bayern board for their own good atm.
    As good as that squad is, it is going to be a massive challenge for a young and inexperienced manager like Nagelsmann.

I think they would need to overhaul that team next year and let Nagelsmann make the moves he deems necessary or it's going to end up with players forcing the manager out if he doesn't keep all the big names happy
  12. Oct 5, 2017

prtk0811 Full Member

This will be like bringing Sir Alex back from retirement.
  13. Oct 5, 2017

RooneyLegend Full Member

Why are Bayern fans so concerned about him being gone for 5 years, it's not like football has changed all that much since back then. Only thing they have to fear is whether he'll put too much trust in his fading stars who did so much for him instead of getting the best out of the likes of James. Best appointment they could've possibly made.
  14. Oct 5, 2017

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    As long as it keeps Enriquez out of the managerial seat there, I'm happy. No better man to manage a transition before Nagglemann
  15. Oct 5, 2017

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    I read that first thing in the morning. Just opened my eyes and checked my phone, and there was the kicker news alert, I thought I was still sleeping for a moment. :lol:

I think Jupp will always be our plan B up to his last breath. ;)
  16. Oct 5, 2017

Sad Chris Full Member

From his point of view I‘d not take the job. He finished at the best possible high and really he can only taint his previous success unless he manages to pull off the triple again, what I find highly unlikely.

From Bayern‘s point of view it‘s probably as good as it gets. The season is still too long for an unexperienced caretaker. Proven manager will keep the press quiet and stir up less discussion in general.
  17. Oct 5, 2017

Sad Chris Full Member

We should keep our eyes open for too keen Liverpool supporters openly carrying spades...
  18. Oct 5, 2017

Treble Full Member

We may play them in the 1/8 finals of the CL as they are going to finsh 2nd in their group.
  19. Oct 5, 2017

Blackwidow Full Member

I am not. I think that Heynckes is somebody that can really sell to Ribery how important it is to have him as joker...

And James... In the treble season when Robben was fit Ribery's job was more the playmaker who had many passes but less runs down the wings. James could play a similar role.

Having coached Bilbao and Real Jupp always loved not just his German guys but the spanish players, too. Right now, in this situation, he might be ideal to steady the ship.

He is a real football teacher. Loves to work with the guys on the pitch. Maybe missed that, too. Uli got him out of retirement in 2009 when Klinsmann failed and he saved the season. He advised the club to get van Gaal, but then found out that he did not want to go back into retirement but took a job from Leverkusen. Leverkusen then asked to get Müller from Bayern but that was when van Gaal already decided that he will play a lot. When he went to Bayern after van Gaal and Jonker he wanted to take Vidal with him, but after Leverkusen vetoed that Vidal went to Juve.

The name Thiago I heard first in his press conferences in 2011 when he often talked about the best two midfield talents, Kroos in Munich and Thiago in Barcelona...

So there are some players that will for sure like that...
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  20. Oct 5, 2017

The Stain Soccer Manager's Highwayman

Sorry but that's nonsense.
  21. Oct 5, 2017

yfoFC Full Member

It does make sense from a legacy point of view though, just as how I could never understand drogba coming back to Chelsea when his last kick (absolute last) for them won the champions league...

It's just a matter of legacy to me as he's liable to dent his reputation if he fails in this stint, it doesn't wipe off his previous accomplishments but it will leave a bad taste in the mouth (at least, if it were me)
  22. Oct 5, 2017

The holy trinity 68 The disparager

It is nonsense because he is only coming back to steady the ship until the end of the season so there is no expectation to win the CL. And they will win the Bundesliga as they always do.
  23. Oct 5, 2017

Regulus Arcturus Black Full Member

Great choice, they should do everything convince him to stay a few years this time.
  24. Oct 5, 2017

fjedN Full Member

I am very pleased to see JH back at Bayern, I rate him very high but yet one can not expect him to succeed immediately nor win the CL or anything stupid like that. Even if Jupp doesn't succeed too big, he won't demolish his legacy, on the contrary, he will be remembered as the one who came in the time of need and helped the club. Someone like him does not think twice about his stupid legacy, he obviously doesn't care too much about those publicly built narratives.
    While my rational part says all of this, my football mind remembers seeing the best football ever under Jupp and wants to see the holy 4-2-3-1 and demolish everyone to the ground :devil::devil::devil:
    Jupp Jupp Jupp
  25. Oct 5, 2017

B20 Giggsy! Giggsy! Giggsy!

Drogbas legacy is not tainted in the slightest by him coming back for a second stint.
  26. Oct 5, 2017

Regulus Arcturus Black Full Member

Absolutely not. Nor was Henry’s at Le Arse.
  27. Oct 5, 2017

VanGaalEra Full Member

Good choice tbh! Will be a popular choice with the dressing room too.
  28. Oct 5, 2017

Siorac Full Member

As opposed to the concealed carry of spades. Spades don't dig up dead people, people dig up dead people... with spades.
  29. Oct 5, 2017

serxyo New Member

Should've never left
  30. Oct 5, 2017

DannyCAFC Full Member

Supports:
    Charlton Athletic
    Didn't think of this as being an option, brilliant contact to have for a situation like this.

I'm assuming this means Nagelsmann next year then, I'm always interested to see how players respond to a manager that's so young, in some cases younger than the players themselves.
  31. Oct 5, 2017

Godfather Full Member

What can go wrong though? The worst thing to happen is losing out to the BL trophy with Dortmund winning it. They can't do worse than 2nd even if they tried to in that shithouse of a league. And there is no way they can win the CL anyway so hey not much to lose really.
  32. Oct 5, 2017

golden_blunder Dreaming of a return to 4-4-2

Liverpool did it first with doglead
  33. Oct 5, 2017

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    Strong words from an Austrian :nono:

:D
  34. Oct 5, 2017

arthurka Full Member

This might get interesting.
    They made a huge mistake replacing him in the first place.
  35. Oct 5, 2017

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I think the reason why they don't take Nagelsmann now is because Hoffenheim are reluctant to letting him go in the middle of the season and he also doesn't want to dump them after they gave him a chance. He will still become their manager at the end of season.
  36. Oct 5, 2017

Godfather Full Member

Was tongue in cheek but I think it's true. There is not much to lose for Heynckes. And I do think Bayern are going to win the league anyways so.
  37. Oct 5, 2017

OnlyTwoDaSilvas Gullible

Give it Heynckesy til the end of the season.
  38. Oct 5, 2017

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    I agree Heynckes has nothing to lose, I hope this Bayern stay is a welcome distraction from retirement for him. About Bayern winning the league, we'll have to wait for the matches against Dortmund. If we don't win those, Dortmund may be too far away already.
  39. Oct 5, 2017

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

It's so early in the season and Dortmund are not unbeatable, they will drop plenty of points between now and the end of season. 5 points is a nothing gap. It's going to be much closer this season than at any point in the last 3 or 4 seasons but Bayern are still firm favourites.
  40. Oct 5, 2017

Schneckerl New Member

Curious how that turns out.
    Most 2nd stints coaches had for clubs/NT which I remember ranged from decidedly worse to straight up hilarious failures.

Actually one rare case who did well is Van Gaal..