Hooligan watch (Russia 2018)

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Ian Reus, May 24, 2018.

1. Jul 5, 2018

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Gather round, gents. Strap on your tin foil hats and enjoy some rare footage of crisis actors at work.
  2. Jul 5, 2018

walkinhop Full Member

What is this supposed to show.
  3. Jul 5, 2018

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Let’s wait and see what happens when Russia exit the tournament, but thus far it’s been a very well organised tournament.
  4. Jul 5, 2018

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    So your saying there isn’t a problem with Russian football and racism? Really? It’s just all made up. Their ultras are very real.
  5. Jul 5, 2018

DatIrishFella Band of Brothers, Thief

You just know the heads of these hooligan firms were paid a visit by "associates" of Putin and been told to keep themselves in check.
  6. Jul 5, 2018

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    No doubt about it, cause trouble and you will Be encountering some radioactive substance in your mail lol.
  7. Jul 5, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt Scouse Lover

Think that's what he's saying mate.
    All the videos we've seen of ultras fighting and monkey chants are fake.
  8. Jul 5, 2018

Tomuś Nani is crap, I tell you!

Told you. I think if anyone wants to know the truth about Russian culture should listen to the sensible Russians and people from Central Europe who know their mentality pretty well. Both the good and the evil.

I've noticed that West-based journos are lazy gits mostly who just circulate the cliches. There was a docummentary in our public TV lately which showed how clueless they are. Don't believe they're saints cause Putin keeps him them on a lead, though. They aren't all racists as it was portrayed but also it's not all well there on a daily basis as I read on here, esp in the Siberia region. You can also believe the laughable (when it comes to Russia and Central Europe) BBC if you like.

I can imagine them being very kind towards the tourists/fans, actually.
  9. Jul 5, 2018

Sean_RedDevil Twitter bot

No russian hooligan will make trouble during the World Cup because otherwise Putin will send him to a prison in Siberia and his family/friends will all lose their jobs.
  10. Jul 5, 2018

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Ah I see it’s all propaganda against poor little Russia :lol:, wait the state sponsored doping is more proganda I suppose too. I was at the N Ireland v Russia game in 2013 and while the majority of their fans were sound there was a very visual section that were different than the rest,
  11. Jul 5, 2018

Tomuś Nani is crap, I tell you!

Or, in the extreme scenario, he will do to them what he promised to do to the potential terrorists - kill and flush in the loo. His words speak to people there because he's transparent and history shows it's only wise to believe him in such cases..
  12. Jul 6, 2018

walkinhop Full Member

Another day, another missing of the point. Russia, like any other country has garbage human beings and like any other country most of the pop are actually just normal people. Nobody can honestly say they don't have problems.

The issue is when they are made like the evil incarnate, which is hilarious. Why can't anyone say that some things are exaggerated without it meaning that nothing is true. As always. the truth is in the middle yet it's uncool to be realistic about it all.

Most of the most firm believers in the horrible stuff have never set foot in Russia, have their info from the usual sources, yet are as convinced as anybody. If you think any of your governments are just nice blokes and gals who don't fund any bat poo crazy stuff, they are doing a good job on you.

Be honest people, Russia is just another country with its problems, nothing more and nothing less.
  13. Jul 6, 2018

Mrs Smoker Full Member Scouse Lover

Supports:
    Panthère du Ndé
    That's fantastic Cathy Newman impression! Kudos.
  14. Jul 6, 2018

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    No idea who she is, you can keep your kudos.
  15. Jul 6, 2018

Mrs Smoker Full Member Scouse Lover

Supports:
    Panthère du Ndé
    Kudos rescinded. Kudos on that.
  16. Jul 6, 2018

K2K Full Member

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    This
  17. Jul 7, 2018

kiristao Full Member

Could not have said it better myself.
  18. Jul 7, 2018

Kostov Full Member

It’s the usual Russia is evil, we are the good guys chit chat again it seems. People will find a way to criticize a perfectly well organized tournament because of the way Russia are dealing with their troublemakers.

I wish my government deals with our own scumbags as effective as the Russians.
  19. Jul 7, 2018

Massive Spanner Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one

It was all going so well.
  20. Jul 7, 2018

Massive Spanner Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one

21. Jul 7, 2018

Kostov Full Member

Trust me, if you were living in Macedonia you would know what I'm talking about.
  22. Jul 7, 2018

MadDogg Full Member

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    This was always going to happen. No way was Putin going to allow them to give him and Russia a bloody eye, and he would have let it be known that there would be severe penalties for anyone who caused problems.

Also worth noting that Russian football hooligans are very different than Russia as a whole. Some media outlets go overboard and paint all Russian people badly.

Yes and no. The trouble-makers know this is a one-off thing so it's easier to get them to sit it out and play nice. If the authorities tried to make it a full time thing those trouble-makers would definitely fight back. In saying that obviously the authorities could definitely do more than they normally do.
  23. Jul 7, 2018

The fictional Russian hooligans, created by an anti-Russian narrative in the mainstream media. Apparently.
  24. Jul 7, 2018

Kostur Full Member

While I agree it didn't really stop the English/British press from stirring shit as per usual about rioting racism, hooliganism and veganism now did it? Same as prior to Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine when we both were painted as cavemen by BBC and the likes. Ironically enough it's the English chavs you hear about throwing themselves at windshields of cars or causing trouble.
  25. Jul 7, 2018

L1nk Full Member

There definitely is an Anti Russian narrative everywhere you look, particularly when you are from the West, this should obviously come as no surprise because we've always been at odds with Russia. Are they a saintly country? No, are they the devil incarnate? No, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

The fact is Russia is a beautiful country with amazing, welcoming, people populating it. The media here in particular poisons the public's opinion of Russia when there's no need, yes Russia has some garbage people in it, just like any other country, some people don't like Putin and his regime, what country hasn't had a polarising government in it, Russia has hooligans, ok, so does England, so does Poland, so do many many country's. Doping is obviously shocking, but let's not pretend Russia has had the only doping scandal in history, how many Americans, perhaps famously Lance Armstrong, or Tyson Gay, Justin Gatlin, I think at one point nearly 10% of all Baseball players were doping, NFL scandals etc. Now state sponsored is obviously worse, but let's not tar the entire country with the same brush,

I had nothing but a fantastic time there, with no issues, friendly welcoming locals and would definitely go back in a heart beat, as I would do with any country I felt like that about. Yes the regime is questionable for sure and a small amount of people there are undoubtedly awful, with racism and hooliganism a problem, but then we could reel off countless countries past and present with the same issues.
  26. Jul 7, 2018

podurban2 Full Member

The only hooligans this World Cup have been the English. I love you guys but wtf?

Numerous videos online of English fans rampaging streets of Russia.

A friend of mine just got a text from a girl friend. She was knocked down by an English man in Oslo just for being Swedish.

Yet, nothing on here. Nothing?!

I guess it’s fine as long as it’s coming home.

Disgrace.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  27. Jul 7, 2018

podurban2 Full Member

Well that narrative fits in pretty nicely when you see how the English fans are behaving in Russia. If it was the opposite, Russians jumping on English coppers’ vehicles in the UK, it would be all around the world, viral.
  28. Jul 7, 2018

arnie_ni Full Member

This is the only hooligan walking the streets in russia[​IMG]
  29. Jul 7, 2018

I’m not sure what your point is? Everyone knows that English fans regularly behave like arseholes overseas. No surprise at all if they’re at it again.

My point was about a different issue. The fact that people worried about organised thuggery from Russian fans had a rationale for their worries that had feck all to do with some sort of myth created by the western media.
  30. Jul 7, 2018

Redlambs Creator of the Caftards comics

Officially the best poker player on RAWK. Your cas
    How are English fans behaving, exactly?

How are fans of other countries doing for that matter too?
  31. Jul 7, 2018

Rolandofgilead Inserts strawberry yoghurt rectally Scout

In Oslo :lol:
  32. Jul 7, 2018

BeforeKeanetherewasRobson Full Member

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
    Really? Where? (Other than your friends' girlfriend got a text from her Aunty's dogs' walkers' neighbour saying an alleged English fan hit someone Swedish in Norway.)
  33. Jul 8, 2018

MoskvaRed Full Member

Stop posting outright fabrications.
  34. Jul 8, 2018

Barca84 Full Member

Supports:
    Doesn't support Barca
    Let's have a link to these "numerous videos" then. I see no verifiable reports of any trouble anywhere.
  35. Jul 8, 2018

Darwin09 Theory of Thread Pollution

36. Jul 9, 2018

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    This is why fans have behaved themselves in Russia.

37. Jul 9, 2018

MaxiPaxi likes to shove his mum's boiled eggs up his rectum

Tweet says it's an English lad but in fact it's some Russian idiot. There are idiots everywhere. Every county. Every race.
  38. Jul 9, 2018

GledTheRed Full Member

cnuts
  39. Jul 9, 2018

Hanks New Member

One of my favourite hooligan stories so far. ;)

40. Jul 9, 2018

ghagua Full Member

That's exactly how they should be treated. Hopefully they took him in and gave him some more.