How would you spend Pogba and Lukaku money?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by MaxiPaxi, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jul 11, 2019

mitchmouse Full Member

yup.. that midfield would be swamped by even mediocre PL teams
  2. Jul 11, 2019

RedFish Full Member

A huge bag of penny sweets and a copy of reader's wives, not necessarily at the same time.
  3. Jul 11, 2019

Jacob Full Member

Assuming we'd get 70 for Lukaku, I would invest as follows (realistically, I believe);

DDG
    AWB ------------ LINDELOF ----------- MAGUIRE ----------- SHAW
    CARVALHO
    LONGSTAFF
    ---------------- POGBA
    MALCOM ----------------------------------------------- MARTIAL
    RASHFORD

CB: MAGUIRE because there aren't that many better CBs available and wanting to join us
    CDM: CARVALHO is vastly underrated, he's the anchor in an over-achieving Portugal side. Could also do with NDIDI or SAUL but I feel both are unobtainable
    CM: LONGSTAFF seems to be the realistic bet, I think we need one more though, having LEMINA on the bench would provide good cover/rotation. I don't think FERNANDES is a good match for us, can see him being really frustrating if POGBA is kept
    RW: We all want SANCHO but it doesn't seem likely they'll sell him, and CHIESA is more or less Juve-bound. JAMES/LINGARD/MATA are not good enough to start so I'd like to bring in MALCOM or DEMBELE. Depending on how good GREENWOOD turns out, he can rotate ST/RW with RASHFORD and this new signing. I do not think an RW signing is likely though, we'll probably stick with MATA/LINGARD

Bench:

ROMERO, TUANZEBE, DALOT, LEMINA, McTOMINAY, JAMES, GREENWOOD

Rotation:

GRANT, SMALLING, ROJO, LAIRD, GOMES, CHONG, GARNER, MATIC, LINGARD, MATA

Surplus:

HENDERSON (loan), JONES, DARMIAN, SANCHEZ, LUKAKU

Squad without surplus: 28

4. Jul 11, 2019

Ranchero Full Member

I would buy a small island.
  5. Jul 11, 2019

devlinadl New Member

Knowing Woodward, I am fully expecting a straight swap Pogba for Bale and £10m for a two year loan on Lukaku. The money will be spent on Bale’s signing-on fee.
  6. Jul 11, 2019

Eric's Seagull Full Member

Nothing would surprise me Woody but please not to Bale. Although Bale was one of Woody's 4 dream signings on his list and he may still be obsessed with getting him to prove he is such a good CEO and always manages to get the targets 'he' wants.
  7. Jul 11, 2019

Real Madras New Member

What about bringing in Diego Costa for a couple of years? He’d be a pretty good replacement for Lukaku or am I going mad?
  8. Jul 11, 2019

Eric's Seagull Full Member

Agree with your post. Been saying foor a while they will pocket a lot of the money that's why I'd rather tsake players in excgange for Pogba preferably Casemiri plud £80m. You make an excellent point in bold part. I hope they sell the club to someone decent who doesn't have a shady background as soon as possible mate.