I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by CA1, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Apr 14, 2019

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I agree I love Sky tbh, wouldn’t be without it.
  2. Apr 14, 2019

breakout67 Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    Bias pundits constantly spouting shite during a game, I wonder how that can affect you. Give me the pitch noise and no commentary please.
  3. Apr 14, 2019

DomesticTadpole Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Today is one of the few Liverpool game I started to watch, have turned to BT. I just don't watch them. If they lose watch the highlights later. You don't have to watch them.
  4. Apr 14, 2019

Zexstream Full Member

The cost is the joke.

You pay something like 40 quid a month for a handful of games. Or you can sub to legitimate subs around the world for peanuts and watch all games!

I don't mind paying but we are literally being ripped off when compared to other countries.

The only thing I miss about Sky is the lack of time delay, sadly some streams can be a minute behind, and of course, you need half decent Internet for picture quality.
  5. Apr 14, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

Hopefully a cheap netflix type service comes in. Twenty a month would not be all that bad.
  6. Apr 14, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

It is. Sickening really. The only sport i watch is the PL on sky.
  7. Apr 14, 2019

Di Maria's angel Captain of Moanchester United

Feels like we're more on BT than Sky as it is.
  8. Apr 14, 2019

At least if we are in the EL, that is on BT as well.
  9. Apr 14, 2019

Art Vandelay Full Member

The bit where they had the touchline reporter describe Klopp smiling. I threw up in my mouth.
  10. Apr 14, 2019

GledTheRed Full Member

Tyler can so one an all, and Thommo. cnuts!!
  11. Apr 14, 2019

izzydiggler Full Member

I cancelled mine a few months ago...price kept on rising, despite them losing a lot of other leagues, CL and then BT sport games. Was sick of paying £1k plus for it and then seeing United once or twice a month and just watching Netflix. It hasn’t improved the sport either - I see a lot less and all it seems to have done is made transfer fees stupid and given mediocre players ridiculous wages. Apart from maybe 3 games I’ve had to go elsewhere to watch, I’ve not missed it at all and saved myself loads of money. Wish I’d done it sooner.

I’ve also just got 3 months of NowTV entertainment for £12, so I can watch GoT and the cinema/sports passes are also far cheaper than having a subscription. It’s a dying model and won’t be long until teams start negotiating their own TV subscriptions and people start cancelling en masse.
  12. Apr 14, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

There is no escape I'm afraid.

I switched to BT from Sky due to the latter's relentless Liverpool bias, only to discover that Steve Mcmanaman commentates on 90% of United games. Go figure.
  13. Apr 14, 2019

I know. I woudn't care but they all have high pitched squeaky voices as well. It is like listening to Alvin and the Chipmunks.
  14. Apr 14, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

:D
  15. Apr 14, 2019

Stookie Nurse bell end

I haven’t had it for years but they offered me a deal to get it for £15 a month for 18 months. I only watch United on it if I can’t get to the match and so far this season I think I’ve watched them twice on Sky. Even yesterday the game was BT. And now amazon are wanting to show matches. Where does it end? I’ll just sack it all off In the end and get rid of football completely out of my life.
  16. Apr 14, 2019

Josep Dowling Full Member

This is one reason I hate BT. Why they insist with him co-commentatoring every single one of our games is beyond me. Incredibly bias in every game, and his scouse accent is simply horrible to listen to.
  17. Apr 14, 2019

Balljy Full Member

You can effectively get the Now TV Sports Package for £20 a month. Not sure if it works for everybody, but whenever I press cancel, it says click for a "special deal" where they offer me £20 for the next 3 months. Only problem is remembering to "cancel" every few months.

That gives me all the Sky Sports football coverage and the other sports. I think I searched for deals for the first subscription, but have done the above ever since.
  18. Apr 14, 2019

Mb194dc Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    NBCSN coverage is far better than Sky or BT, way less partisan, better pundits and commentary and generally far less annoying.

It's a shame UK coverage of football is so poor these days and no Saturday 3pm games.
  19. Apr 14, 2019

Tiber Full Member

Can't wait for the day you can buy a streaming package for all your clubs games. It's already how I watch the NFL.

Screw paying for an expensive Sky package that includes crap like cricket, cycling and sailing that I have zero interest in ever watching
  20. Apr 14, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

That is neat.
  21. Apr 14, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

Basically this. The only thing i watch on sky is the premier league matches. Man utd and when the top six are playing each other.

The only other thing i might watch is the tour de france when it is in the mountains on eurosport. Did not watch it last year though.
  22. Apr 14, 2019

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

I just can't take a yank accent seriously when it comes to discussing football though. Even if they are ex players, it doesn't sound right.
  23. Apr 14, 2019

Tiber Full Member

Now TV in general is great.

I'm currently getting the entertainment pass for a pound per month. A small group of live channels including Sky One, Fox, Sky Atlantic and a dozen other channels - plus a load of boxsets for a quid. I will be watching Game of Thrones in a couple of hours

I also have their internet, which is sky broadband at a much cheaper price

Streaming and Now is the future of Sky, Sky just don't know it yet.
  24. Apr 14, 2019

lukepowell1988 New Member

Wouldn't mind so much paying the rates I pay for Sky BT and next season Amazon but I would expect the 3PM games given the amounts.

They claim attendance would drop but in Germany they show all games and haven't they got the highest average attendance in Europe?
  25. Apr 14, 2019

Gjx Full Member

I'd tend to agree but thankfully NBCs one token American speaks a poor game anyways, regardless of his accent it is so easy to ignore him and a vast improvement on Souness and Hargreaves.
  26. Apr 14, 2019

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

Yeah overall NBC is pretty good.
  27. Apr 14, 2019

Gjx Full Member

It's great, NBC or Russian coverage for me. I can't stomach BT or Sky. It's sensationalist, agenda driven garbage. I may tune in to see what Rio has to say about United performaces as he has his head screwed on right and wears his heart in his sleeve but the rest of them are utter tosh.
  28. Apr 14, 2019

RC89 Full Member

DAZN making a big splash, particularly with boxing. In the states though they have mixed martial arts, baseball. Rumours around for a while that they might look to expand into UK. Most likely for boxing, but wouldn't be surprised if within ten years they make a play for PL football too (if they enter the UK boxing scene).
  29. Apr 14, 2019

redmanc Full Member

Its the same as Apple and mobile phones, expecting extortionate amounts of money for a service or product that is pretty fecking stale with far superior alternatives out their for a lot less. It'll take a few years yet but i expect one of the big online companies to come in and make some major changes, Amazon are already sniffing around in football as well as a few other industries so wouldnt be surprised if its them.
  30. Apr 14, 2019

Pfmpd New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Trouble is, you can't even put BT sport on without listening to mcmanaman spouting crap all game. Doesn't shut up.

And I'm sure we had Robbie savage covering us vs Porto? Another one who chats crap all match.
  31. Apr 14, 2019

lsd Full Member

He has never been biased in a utd game if listened too .

I really dont get this hatred of commentators . I only watch the game and turn over at half time and full time .
  32. Apr 14, 2019

Liver_bird Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    People just like to moan. Mind you he annoys the shit out of me but it has nothing to do with bias he’s actually mostly fair. It’s just his voice and over pronouncing everything.
  33. Apr 15, 2019

Josep Dowling Full Member

Repeated numerous time that Mata penalty wasn’t a pen. The only commentator who said that I’ve seen the entire weekend. That’s just one of many times this season. Usually ‘that’s a fair challenge’ when a United player is taken out from behind.
  34. Apr 15, 2019

vanderpants New Member

Not only is the cost a joke but it might as well be scouse tv now
  35. Apr 15, 2019

steakpie New Member

Bring back Andy Gray.

McManamam on Utd games is a complete joke. Don't like Carragher or Neville commentating on games either.
  36. Apr 15, 2019

MAME DIOUF 32 Full Member

Biased.
  37. Apr 15, 2019

breakout67 Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    McManamam commentates like he's been picked out of the stands. Neville goes on tirades against players often going way too far (as if he has never had a bad game).
  38. Apr 15, 2019

Rooney24 Full Member

DAZN are already doing PL football. And CL in certain countries.
  39. Apr 15, 2019

mitchmouse Full Member

Can't believe anyone thinks BT's coverage and pundits are better than Sky's...
  40. Apr 15, 2019

Robbo's Shoulder Full Member

Supports:
    United and Barrow AFC
    Got rid a couple of months ago, saved heaps of cash while still watching most games i want to as well bringing down my blood pressure enormously with not having to listen to the likes of Souness, Redknapp et al. Can't recommend highly enough.