I get redirected to a spam page

Discussion in 'Admin/Mod Help Forum' started by Kasper, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Jan 29, 2019

Kasper Full Member

Supports:
    Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
    ... when I click on the last page of the Afghanistan thread. Don't know what's causing it, it always happens after a few seconds.
    Anyone else having this problem? Im on mobile (Android) if that helps.
  2. Jan 29, 2019

Kasper Full Member

Supports:
    Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
    Okay it just happened again in this thread. Seems like it doesn't have to do with the specific Afghanistan thread but rather with some ad.
    The page which opens itself is searchoeper(.)top, offering me a amazon voucher or something.
  3. Jan 29, 2019

Niall All Powerful Super Being Staff

Do you have a screenshot of the ad so I can block it?
  4. Feb 12, 2019

11101 Full Member

I'm getting loads of these at the moment on Android. Every few pages I'll get redirected to various spam pages. It doesn't happen on Wi-Fi, only on the mobile connection, which suggests the network is the issue but is that even possible?
  5. Feb 12, 2019

Niall All Powerful Super Being Staff

Can you take screenshots of the ads and post them? And also post the URLs you’re being redirected to?

I’ll try to track them down and block them with that info.

Thanks.
  6. Feb 12, 2019

0le Full Member

Sometimes resetting your google advert ID can help. First delete your cookies/history/data from your browsers. Make sure your bookmarks/passwords are backed up, if necessary. Then reset your ID:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6048248?hl=en

Follow the information for "How to opt out of personalized ads" and there should be an option somewhere to reset it as well.