If De Gea were to leave, which 2 players from Madrid would you want?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by beingshe7don, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Feb 8, 2018

2mufc0 Full Member

Kroos + Marcelo.
  2. Feb 8, 2018

unitedforeveral Banned

I do not think De Gea will be sold for 2 players in exchange. I hardly doubt that would happen. Real don't like to sell players just like us and i think we can maybe get 1 player who they are wishing to release. I guess Asensio is one and Kovacic is another. I guess either of those plus cash will be a good deal if and only if DE GEA decides to leave. De Gea must not leave on any account because Sir Alex identified him as one of the best there could be and today, it's true. He's the best alongside Ter Stegen and that's not something we should ever let go! Give him a decent salary and tie him up for as long as possible.
  3. Feb 8, 2018

vk20legend Full Member

If given a choice, I'll not sell DDG.. But in a hypothetical situation, I'll ask for Kroos and Varane and also Navas like last time around.

Will not happen, but I'll settle for 150M thank you.

I really hope they sign Courtois and we sign Dave to a long term deal like 6 years + 1
  4. Feb 8, 2018

Jaybomb Banned

Ronaldo and James Rodriguez.

I’d still rather De Gea though.
  5. Feb 8, 2018

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

There's an awful lot of players I'd be happy taking from Madrid. They are the currently the Champions League holders after all. Twice in a row, at that.

I think any of their central midfielders.

Kovacic stylistically would be perfect beside Pogba in a midfield 3 and is really on the cusp of breakout from talented player to established star. Kroos and Modric are Kroos and Modric, and Ceballos is an excellent prospect who needs more game time.
  6. Feb 8, 2018

Vato Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    :lol: DDG must be able to cure cancer.
  7. Feb 8, 2018

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

Actually he can, so we'll take Varane as well ;)
  8. Feb 8, 2018

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Surly if DeGea goes you would be targeting another keeper?
  9. Feb 8, 2018

SaradM New Member

Kroos and Asensio
  10. Feb 8, 2018

ThatsGreat New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Don;t think it'll be a swap. Real want to be seen splashing the cash, as much as they actually want the player. Hypothetically though, value wise it'd be De Gea for Isco or Kovacic. I'd value De Gea at 70m, easily the costliest gk ever.
  11. Feb 8, 2018

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

Those who are saying Asensio should forget about him. Mourinho just said a couple of days ago we're not signing any attackers in the summer. Casemiro is good but we already have Matic in his position and we've been linked with Fabinho anyway. I'd take Varane and Isco/Kroos. Isco especially. He doesn't play much and if he came here he'd give our midfield another dimension. It would take us to the next level.
  12. Feb 8, 2018

Sterling Archer Full Member

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Goal scorers are typically the ones we look at for world record fees, but there are intermittently keepers that deserve it. De Gea is one.

Despite being in one of our less successful teams, DDG is in the debate for best Manchester United goalkeeper of all time. That's remarkable .
  13. Feb 8, 2018

whatwha Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

There's no way we're getting two of Real Madrid's best players for DDG. And if it's cash, never above 100m. He's only a GK.
  14. Feb 8, 2018

D4X73r Full Member

But not a GK from Real.
    If DDG is leaving (big if), I would like us going for a GK in the tier of Courtois and Oblak.
  15. Feb 8, 2018

Trigg aka Trippin_Stoned

You're right. I'll take all 4. Problem solved.
  16. Feb 8, 2018

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Yeah I think some fans on here feel that a goal keeper the calibre of DDG isn't needed.
  17. Feb 8, 2018

D4X73r Full Member

In my opinion, we still need a world class GK until our defence is working as good as it was back in the days. for now, our defenders do make too many mistakes and DDG saved us more than just once in the last few seasons.
  18. Feb 8, 2018

AshRK Full Member

I don't see DE gea going anywhere, especially with Perez playing hard ball while selling morata. Do you think Woodward would just accept any offer after that. Also, I have not seen DE gea putting any request or even showed his desire of going to Madrid. If he wanted to go he would have long gone. It's been 3 years since that broken fax machine saga and there's been no reports of DE gea handing a transfer request or suggesting he wants to leave. Also feel Madrid have other areas to priorities so no point spending 100 plus m on GK. DE gea will be our player for next season. And once we get him signed for another contract , that's it for madrid and their pursuit for DE gea.
  19. Feb 8, 2018

rm4eva Banned

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Modric + Benzema + Ronaldo + Bale + Navas for De Gea + Pogba + Sanchez.
  20. Feb 8, 2018

spwd likes: servals, breasts, rylan clark and zooey

Kroos, Asensio and Casemiro straight swap, if you want our best player youre gonna have to offer something ridiculous.
  21. Feb 8, 2018

Sparky Rhiwabon Full Member

Kroos and Bale
  22. Feb 8, 2018

BenjaminP Banned

Ronaldo + Bale
  23. Feb 8, 2018

mitchmouse Full Member

Two of Kroos, Ronaldo, Bale
  24. Feb 8, 2018

Red_toad Full Member

Fully agree, thread is just silly suggestions galore. If Dave wants out he'll end up leaving on a free in 2 years, or the club will accept an suitable offer for one of the best keepers in the world. I'd estimate around 70 million will end up as his value if he goes this summer. All this talk of 150 million is just plain unrealistic.
  25. Feb 8, 2018

Swift Football Banned

'cure' cancer...I am not sure..BUt he certainly can 'stop' cancer. Throw in Roanaldo and Bale as well! :D:D
  26. Feb 8, 2018

Desert Eagle Punjabi Dude

Modric Casemiro
  27. Feb 8, 2018

langster DJ Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow! Scout

What the feck is this? :lol: Did you forget the white text? We only signed Sanchez a couple of weeks ago.

Bale is an overrated injury prone fanny @Damien

And Modric and Ronaldo are both in the twilight of their careers while Pogba has his ahead of him and he could become one of the best players in the world.
  28. Feb 8, 2018

Irish Jet Full Member

Supports:
    Anyone but Rashford
    Any two of Kovacic, Ceballos and Llorente. Not too unrealistic either but you wouldn’t get much of a fee if anything.
  29. Feb 8, 2018

Dolf Full Member

Kovacic and casemiro.
    Imagine a midfield of them + Pogba.
    We would dominate
  30. Feb 8, 2018

langster DJ Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow! Scout

Then he really isn't for sale then is he? Why would we sell for peanuts like that? And who would we get to replace him? Although Romero is a decent back up to be fair but De Gea who was back to back player of the year for us and who I reckon must have saved us upwards of 20 points a season, maybe more.i

I know It's only a hypothetical but It's really a very daft one as imho he is untouchable and irreplaceable. He would be the first name on our team sheet if I were manager. The best we have had since Schmeichel and if he carries on the way he is, and stays at the club for many more years, he could easily become our best ever keeper.
  31. Feb 8, 2018

Swift Football Banned

If we have to replace De Gea, it would easily cost us 50M, so we should not even consider selling him in 70M, rather take the risk and keep him for another year. If Real get some other keeper this year, then the matter will be closed and De Gea will more than likely extend his contract.

If we are planning to go head to head with Real, then we should try to stop supplying our readymade top players to them, and in the situations where player himself wants to go, we should still try to do our best to keep them.
  32. Feb 8, 2018

Nick. Full Member

If we sold De Gea it should be for whatever Oblak's release clause is + £40-50m so that we can get a replacement easily and move on with our window. I wouldn't even bother trying to get players from Real Madrid it's a waste.
  33. Feb 8, 2018

Android1974 Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups City Lover

Asensio, Bale.
  34. Feb 8, 2018

Jaybomb Banned

The fact that the majority of people in this thread are choosing the likes of Kovacic, Asensio and Llorente makes me glad some of you lot aren’t in charge of our transfer dealings.

Pretty much the only players worth De Gea in Madrid are Ronaldo and Bale. Maybe James Rodriguez.

The rest of them wouldn’t fit in at Manchester United. They would see it as a “step down” and be sulking all over the shop. Ronaldo is at least a United legend and Bale is British and knows how big the club is. So if we were to get one of those plus cash for De Gea, it’s a no brainer in my eyes.

We have the funds to splash on another keeper. For me, it’s got to be Lloris.

Butland and Pickford are laughable choices. I’d honesty rather keep Romero as the number 1. He’s earned it anyway.
  35. Feb 8, 2018

SwansonsTache incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

Kovacic plus a boatload of cash.
  36. Feb 8, 2018

Zlatan 7 New Member

Supports:
    United
    Is it just paper rumours though?

I know it's probably biased but I'm sure we're on the way up and Madrid have had their spell, I think DeGea stays, atleast this summer. Madrid need a few attacking signings to start with, it's the World Cup year they love their star player attacking signing, possibly a manager change.
    DeGea will be leaving one club that's gone through a few years of changes for another, I'd wait it out to see where Madrid are going first.
  37. Feb 8, 2018

2ndTouch Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    Not a Real player anymore
  38. Feb 8, 2018

Hamadovich86 Full Member

Oblak would be my preferred choice. Cant think of any one who would adequately replace Dave but hes the best in the world so almost anyone would be a definite step down.
  39. Feb 8, 2018

patty123 New Member

No disrespect intended but there is a difference our two clubs when it comes to transfers. As you are of the mind set of just transfer fee due to money issues, where as we see it, as well he helps get us into CL that's worth at least 30 million a year, higher up in the league gets you a few more million and then we have to add in his value in the current market and lack of WC keepers out there, problems like I said you're club doesn't have to take into consideration.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
  40. Feb 8, 2018

Jaybomb Banned

Still on loan at Bayern.