If we have been financially blown out of the water by Chelsea...

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Feed Me, May 28, 2012.

1. May 29, 2012

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots

You all let yourself get too hyped up. I'm not even fussed about the gimp because I knew it was 50/50 the whole time, because nobody knows anything (including the media). At the end of the day it just boils down to standard transfer muppetry.

Too many over reactions (which even this thread stems from). Sure, speculate, hope or whatever but some people have clearly gone a bit far.

The kids probably not going to fulfill his potential at Chelsea, he'll just be another decent player. Chances are he'd have gone to City if Chelsea hadn't won the CL too. He'd fit in great with the other attention whores there.
  2. May 29, 2012

Edmeiste Banned

Veeva,

that last bit just wreaks of being bitter. although it hasnt been confirmed yet, a part of this transfer is the agent fee which City werent willing to pay so it's possible that he could have come to us.

there's a lot of factors in transfers that we as fans dont take into account. things change quickly and we are naive if we take everything said in public as fact. it's hard to know, even for those that are supposedly ITK
  3. May 29, 2012

adexkola American Arse

Tristate. In the street like a hooker's feet
    Until a player signs for Manchester United, they're just another player. I don't get excited by the muppet chase. Helps when "disappointments" like this occur.
  4. May 29, 2012

Name Changed weso26

He won't fill his potential just because he went to Chelsea? That's absolutely ridiculous, and what exactly is it based on? Who's to say he would have fulfilled it at United? The team will be built around him at Chelsea. He has as much chance of fulfilling his potential there as anywhere.
  5. May 29, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Some of the transfer muppets seem to think that we have some kind of divine right to any player. And that every player should choose us because we have a great history. There are so many other factors to consider.
  6. May 29, 2012

LLMU Full Member

i agree to this. We get things done our way with SAF and i don't think the club would think it is a big miss to not sign Hazard. Still plenty of potential players out there
  7. May 29, 2012

Theon Full Member

Certain clubs are better at developing players than others. United under SAF are exceptional, the way we brought through and developed Ronaldo, Nani and Rooney in recent years is incredible, as all three reached their full world class potential, obvously the same for Scholes, Giggs etc in the past.

Evans, Welbeck, Cleverley, Rafael, Fabio, Jones, Smalling, DDG are all developing well now. I doubt you would see the same results at any other club in the league, so it isn't outrageous to suggest Hazard would develop better at United.

I think if we sign Kagawa he would end up a better player than Hazard. There isn't much between them now and I think Kagawa would thrive at United.
  8. May 29, 2012

AlwaysRedwood Full Member

Yep.
  9. May 29, 2012

Sir Matt Full Member

:lol: I don't think, or at least hope, that most of the people in the Transfer forum don't take it seriously. I post in there, but I'm not invested in any of it. It's just entertainment when I'm bored. We need to spend to improve the team, but there are few players I really, really want to see at United that are feasible. Still, that doesn't stop me from being entertained by Hazard's total lack of self-awareness.
  10. May 29, 2012

SharkyMcShark Horrified

Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
    I think we should take that City apparently baulked at his silly money demands as a sign that it wasn't meant to be for us.
  11. May 29, 2012

Cantona07 Full Member

Most Games are played with ONE Ball but the REAL g
    Too much risk was involved in the Hazard deal. 70mil package for a player with potential. With our financial situation. No tks. However if he was proven as a world class player, maybe the situation would be different.
  12. May 29, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

It's impossible for a club which is self financed or in our case financing it's forcibly adopted retard baby (the glazers) to be offering the same wages as the likes of chelsea and city. Fact is, we have resources that are more than most but less than some. And we aren't funded externally. We have rules in accordance with our revenue flow that we have to follow and rightfully so.
  13. May 29, 2012

REDMULLERS Full Member

Agreed - this is financial madness in my view. Close on £80M over 5 years for an as yet unproven 21 year old, is a shed load of cash notwithstanding the impact on wage demands through the rest of the squad.
  14. May 29, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

Isn't he the best player in the French league? How is he unproven in that case? But i agree wirh the overall point.
  15. May 29, 2012

EB100 Full Member

The thing is, Chelsea and City compete for the same trophies we do. At some point consistently blowing us out of the water financially could translate to the same on trophies. Not that we should moan and complain about it on the cafe or anything, but we shouldn't pretend that's not a potential outcome. Sleep with one eye open so to speak.
  16. May 29, 2012

REDMULLERS Full Member

I'm probably slightly bitter. :lol:

He is undoubtedly a talent and will most probably do very well. But PL a different 'kettle of fish' to the french league.
  17. May 29, 2012

togg Full Member

just a thought..but do you think Rooney is sitting there thinking...."well...I was right wasn't I..." His main gripe I believe was that united were not going to compete in the transfer market..that the owners where not going to dig in their pockets...
  18. May 29, 2012

I'm always right Banned

We'll still be making some great signings this summer, Rooney has nothing to worry about, he just wanted assurances about strenghtening the squad, not us throwing silly money at players.
  19. May 29, 2012

CassiusClaymore Full Member

:lol: @ £6 million to his agent. What position does he play?
  20. May 29, 2012

1211+subs Full Member

:lol::lol:
  21. May 29, 2012

PTME Reserve Team Player

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. We can't compete financially and in the long term this will mean that we won't be able to compete on the pitch.

Football is silly money. If you don't have it you won't last. Simple as that.
  22. May 29, 2012

I'm always right Banned

Disagree, we've been fine since Roman arrived and we'll be fine now. For every Ronaldinho there's a Ronaldo, for every Fernando Torres there's a Javi Hernandez, for every Hazard there's a Kagawa etc. etc.

Dortmund are further proof that money isn't everything.
  23. May 29, 2012

Point is that City and Chelsea are having to spend exhorbitant amounts of money to compete with us.
  24. May 29, 2012

I'm always right Banned

Correct.
  25. May 29, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

If the 170k a week wage and 6mil to the agent is correct, i'd rather we not compete anyways. Its not just about 1 player, it spreads on to what others within the squad would want in the future.
  26. May 29, 2012

I'm always right Banned

Exactly, apparently Nani, who is better than Hazard has just been offered 130k, how on Earth could we then offer Hazard 170k?
  27. May 29, 2012

Exactly. The fee for the player is by the by. You pay what the other club are looking for or you don't but these agent fees and inflated wages are beyond a joke now.

To put this into context the fee that Chelsea are reported to be paying to his agent is the same amount that we paid for Javier Hernandez and less than Newcastle paid for Yoahn Cabaye from Lille just last year. :houllier:
  28. May 29, 2012

CnutOfAllCnuts Bald Boring Cnut

Spot on.

A quick look, since Roman tooj over, Chelsea has spent £570m+ on buying 45 players (excl free transfers and Hazard). United, in the same period has spent £280m on 27 players.
  29. May 29, 2012

Cina Wants to get forked

Very true, the beauty of our transfer system, signing youth and established players who can make the step up (Carrick, Young, Vidic) means that we are always only 1 or 2 signings away from being a great team again. Which we are this Summer as we desperately need ourselves a midfielder.
  30. May 29, 2012

Varun Wants the D...

Yep, you pay hazard 170k now and Nani will immediately want parity atleast if not 10-20k extra. His agent would want a couple of mil too. This effect will then snowball into our future signings too and we'l have every blooding agent queuing up to collect their 5mil everytime we sign a quality player.

It wont just be about players of Hazard's quality either. Even a player a level below him would want more than what he deserves because we did the same with hazard.

Short term, it'd have been great to sign Hazard, long term, it'd just cripple a club like ours if the figures are true.
  31. May 29, 2012

PTME Reserve Team Player

You gotta love the "money isn't everything brigade". It sounds great and gives you a warm feeling inside. Who cares about the cold hard truth anyway?
  32. May 29, 2012

anver Shart stop

Money isn't everything.
  33. May 29, 2012

Eriku Full Member

Money clearly isn't everything... How the feck are we competing well against Chelsea and City if that isn't the case?
  34. May 29, 2012

PTME Reserve Team Player

Yup, Man City won the title because of their great history, their heritage and ther millions of supporters.
  35. May 29, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

This. With an exception about Rooney
  36. May 29, 2012

Has anyone?

What he should have said was 'winning isn't everything'.

But that's loser talk....
  37. May 29, 2012

PTME Reserve Team Player

Winning is everything. Period.
  38. May 29, 2012

Eriku Full Member

Stop WUMing, Pimpy.
  39. May 29, 2012

togg Full Member

That really is the most rediculous amount of money for a 21 year old who hasn't proved himself in a league like the Premiership. France's league is hardly competitive all the way down ligue1. Not like ours where the bottom teams can often get results against the top teams.

Personally I think Fergie and Gill would not even start to pay an agent 6m purely on principle and I'm not in disagreement with that...
  40. May 29, 2012

RedPhil1957 Full Member

my friend in Belgium said the talk there was it was City or Chelsea for last couple of weeks, we dropped out over wage/agent demands. City refused agent demands and chelsea didn't - simple as that. If true well done city.