Ireland & Trapattoni discussion

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Name Changed, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 17, 2012

Stick Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Grannygate 2?
  2. Jan 17, 2012

Decotron Full Member

Walters is the best striker available to us given Trap's style of play. Im not sure how even he can fail to notice this. Best is another that gives us something different although I sense Cox will win that battle.

Gibson actually has a good chance of displacing Fahy if he plays regularly for Everton, Trap is on the record telling Gibson to leave United over a year ago. So a run of 10-15 games for Everton could see off Fahy as he's out of Birmingham's first team currently.
  3. Jan 17, 2012

Brophs The one and only

I actually don't think Gibson is Trap's sort of player. He'll go beyond the rest of the midfielders and isn't conserative* on the ball. Even if he's Everton's best player for the rest of the season, I don't think he'll start.

*shit
  4. Jan 17, 2012

Robbie Boy Full Member

Leon Best is a strange one, took his goal extremely well against QPR on Sunday. But apart from his goal, he was gash. His positional sense is awful, for some reason - he never seems to take up a good position in the box and drifts wide far too often.

Maybe Trap got lost in translation when he said that Best doesn't do enough running. He was possibly touching on his lack of positional awareness and off the ball movement.
  5. Jan 17, 2012

Name Changed weso26

I know what you're saying. I respect Trap and am delighted that we qualified. To be honest though, I think with the players we have available, getting to the playoffs should have been the minimum expectation in what was an easy group realistically. Considering who he plays and how he plays, getting to the final is an outstanding achievement. Don't get me wrong!
  6. Jan 17, 2012

Name Changed weso26

If Andy Keogh goes to the euros and any of Walters, McClean, Hoolahan, Coleman, Pilkington or McCarthy don't go, then it will be an absolutely diabolical decision and unforgivable mistake.

It would sicken me, personally. Andy fecking Keogh.
  7. Jan 17, 2012

Name Changed weso26

He will be lucky to get a spot. I think it could be between him and McCarthy. Fahey appears to be third choice, plus he has the flexibility of being able to play out wide.
  8. Jan 17, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Walters starting is a no-brainer for me. I'd still bring Doyle though, his performances for Ireland have been damn good over the years.
  9. Jan 17, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Trap said he will only bring 4 strikers because it's more likely that midfielders and defenders would get suspended, so we would need more of them. It'd be very unlikely that Best will be picked over Keane, Long, Walters or Doyle. Plus, Cox would be ahead of him also.
  10. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Did anyone see the thing with Wilson? Trap seems to have made another one of his horrendous mistakes, this one even worse than the Steven Reid one.

He has said in a press conference that for Wilson to get back into the squad, he has to apologize. Apparently, the last time he was in the squad, he got in trouble for being out late drinking with another player. Trap is not happy about it.

However, Wilson was last called up on a certain date, I can't remember what match. Nothing happened, he went home after. He was called up again when injured, was assessed by the medical staff, and sent back to Stoke on the same day.

Basically Trap is saying he will not be called up again unless he apologizes for something that he allegedly did. Yet, he called him up again afterwards.

Wilson has said he has absolutely no idea what he has supposed to have done. He doesn't know what to apologize for.

Trap even went on to say that Wilson can change his allegiance back to Northern Ireland if he so wished.

This is crazy stuff. Nobody knows what's going on. It's likely that Trap has mixed up one of the players. We don't know who the second player is. Obviously he hasn't looked up YouTube to see Robbie Keane's karaoke in Gibneys, or of most of the squad drinking in Kehoe's two days before the Estonia game.

Anyway, Wilson is another player who should be in he squad. Getting his game at left back for Stoke, and he can cover in the centre of defence and in midfield. He will lose out to the likes of Stephen Kelly and Paul McShane though.
  11. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

12. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Wilson said the other day that he has no intention of turning back to play for the north, despite Michael O'Neill's advances.

This shit will Trap will possibly send him back though.

With Trap now in chance for another term, it'll be the same squad over and over again. None of the young lads will be brought through.
  13. Jan 18, 2012

Robbie Boy Full Member

Yeah, I definitely agree. Those four will no doubt be the first choice and I think that if one of those can't make it, then Cox will get the nod over Best.

About the Wilson thing, it seems a bit of a joke that Trap is taking this stance. Just forget about it and get on with things. Wilson is no World beater, but what is the point in losing a player that could well be a decent squad player.
  14. Jan 18, 2012

Decotron Full Member

I still blame Don Givens, the cnut.
  15. Jan 18, 2012

Brophs The one and only

Wasn't the Wilson thing down to him not turning up for a squad, or something? I vaguely remember reading about that.
  16. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

It could have been. He didn't show up in the summer, the same as a number of players. But he was called up after that anyway!

Trap said something about not going drinking when in the squad, which suggested that Wilson broke some curfew or something.
  17. Jan 18, 2012

Robbie Boy Full Member

By the sounds of it though, Wislon seems to be completely in the dark. He said that he would have no problem apologising, if he knew what it was that he was apologising for.
  18. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Trap should be able to discipline his players. But the player, nor anybody else, seems to know what he has done wrong.

I hope Wilson did do something wrong or it's another one of Traps ridiculous communication errors. And this would be up there with telling the world that Steven Reid would never play football again and that his career was finished, only for him to play on the weekend after.
  19. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

By the sounds of it, Trap has got mixed up about which players went out drinking. A load of them went out after the first Estonia game, and not just one night. There were unconfirmed reports that that they were drinking the day before the second leg. They were photographed/videod in Kehoe's two days before the match.

Wilson wasn't in that squad though.
  20. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Maybe Trap is right and Wilson is lying. I doubt it though. Trap has form for this type of thing.
  21. Jan 18, 2012

Robbie Boy Full Member

Yeah, it is starting to sound as if Trap has got his wires crossed on the whole thing. Surley if Wislon done something wrong, then as he said himself, he would have no problem offering an apology to Trap.
  22. Jan 18, 2012

Brophs The one and only

He's an international manager, he can't keep fecking off our players and buying new ones.
  23. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

He can if he keeps to a core of about 30 and never call up anybody else!
  24. Jan 18, 2012

Irwinwastheking Gimpier than Alex and Feeky

I think some of the language used to describe and talk about Irish players in this thread has been terrible BTW. Even some of the less talented ones, it's not their fault that they're not Roberto Bagio, so maybe some would be better served to have some feckig manners before abusing them for, essentially getting to a major tournament!
  25. Jan 18, 2012

Red Hand Devil Plan M ish

"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
    Not the first time Don Givens & cnut are mentioned in the same sentence. An absolute cuntbag of the highest order. Everytime i see him (which isnt very often now thank God) i want to smash his smug fecking face in.

He ruined a good generaton of Under-21's & fecked up every opportunity for qualification of any Under-21 tournament while he was in charge - for nearly 10 fecking years too, 10 fecking years that prick has fecked up our U-21's.

How he remained that long in charge needs to be seriously looked at. I hope the feck that in his new position of "overseeing" the UK scouting network, equates to being in charge of the Irish Subbuteo team. The mans a wanker & I blame his parents for bringing the bastard into this world!

Don's a pretty keen swimmer apparantly. Here he is taking a dip:

[​IMG]
  26. Jan 18, 2012

Brophs The one and only

Go on then, I'll bite. What have we all been saying that's gotten up your arse this time?
  27. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

I don't think too many derogatory things have been said about too many Irish players.

I do admit I think Andy Keogh is a terrible player. Trap seems to pick players who are "yes men" rather than some who have obvious talent, or at least better talent than some of the yes men who are continually in the squad.
  28. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

I can't really disagree with any of that. I blame the FAI for leaving him in charge for so long.
  29. Jan 18, 2012

Yeah agree with that. If you jump through hoops then you're in his good books. Its a bit too much like the school principal scenario for my liking, but he's probably always been like that!

What pains me & will feck me right off, is that shit players are in the running to play in a major football tournament. I dont want to sound harsh but the likes of Keogh & Green early on, are both are brutal & should never have been anywhere near the squad, nevermind get games. I dont rate Kelly either, Coleman should have been in there instead of that gobshite!

It must be so frustrating & gut-wrenching for the better players that arent gettin a look-in, seeing a squad list & some of the names on it who wouldnt even be capable of lacing their boots.

Some of the games i've been to, i'm just sitting there going "fecking hell, how's he a professional footballer & i'm not.. i was never that bad.." I'm sure many of you have thought the same thing too. Gary Breen always did my napper in!
  30. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Completely agree. With all due respect to the likes of Green and Kelly, they are good pros but there are far better players who should be in the squad. I could name a number of players who are better than both.
  31. Jan 18, 2012

Brophs The one and only

Kelly I can understand as he's versatile and hard working in a position we're not overloaded with experience. Green and Keogh just aren't international footballers. Never in a million years.
  32. Jan 18, 2012

Eamonn Dunphy was a good pro :D
  33. Jan 18, 2012

Ahh c'mon man - surely they'd be on the fringes of the Special Olympic Football team?
  34. Jan 18, 2012

Name Changed weso26

Kelly being included is more understandable than the other two, but still... He can barely get a look in for Fulham, as was the case at Birmingham also. He is a pretty poor defender and makes mistakes at an alarming rate that seem to lead to goals all the time, something similar to what Kilbane used to be at.

It's a pity Trap has basically alienated Steven Reid because he is a pretty good right back. I know he said he'd still play, but he'd never play unless Trap apologized for his outrageously stupid comments, which will never happen.

Personally I'd play Coleman there and play O'Shea in the middle with Dunne.
  35. Jan 18, 2012

Decotron Full Member

Has anyone seen Paul McShane and Andy Keogh in the same room before? Hmmmmm
  36. Jan 19, 2012

Very good point man:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  37. Jan 19, 2012

londonredmaniac I suffer delusions of grandeur

The announcer and referee of Gaz Vs DJS the meet!
    If they do will someone keep them in there while the match is on?

Ta ;)
  38. Feb 10, 2012

cold-zebra Clare Baldings Daughter

Squad named for the Czech Republic friendly.

Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:
  39. Feb 10, 2012

4everUtd Full Member

"But every single game I play [is a highlight
    It's pathetic from trap! McLean and Holohan have been the best 2 Irish players in the league this season. The saggy cnut refuses to change that useless midfield
  40. Feb 10, 2012

jakec nightclub John Terry

David Grays birthday should be a holiday.
    If it gets results, I'm happy. Obviously I'd rather play pretty and win, but he's been effective.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.