Isco

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Robbie Boy, May 11, 2017.

1. Feb 9, 2018

Infordin Full Member

Supports:
    Barcelona
    Imagine the shear amount of selfishness and ball hogging in a midfield of Pogba and Isco. United games might need 2 balls. :lol:
  2. Feb 9, 2018

RC89 Full Member

While there might have been a difference in their abilities, I don't think it was massive when Mata first signed for Chelsea. Both were excellent.
  3. Feb 9, 2018

beingshe7don Full Member

For me having Pogba and Isco would be equivalent to having Silva and De Bruyne. If the latter pair can work, why can't Pogba and Isco? Both have immense control over the ball, I just think Isco is underrated. The guy is really good and creative. He can pick out a pass and score goals as well. He's proven at the highest level and is still young. Real will try to reshuffle their squad like they did when they sold Robben, Van der Vaart and Sneijder and bought Ronaldo, Benzema and Kaka. If Isco comes available, we need to go all out to get him. I just fear that with Silva almost towards the end of his City career may convince Pep to get him instead.
  4. Feb 9, 2018

ValenciasDrilledCrosses Full Member

The difference is that Silva and De Bruyne have an ultra mobile DM in Fernandinho behind them. While Matic is a very good holding midfielder mobility isn't one of his strengths and he would still have to do pretty much all of the defensive work. I'm not saying it wouldn't work as I think we would hold onto the ball very well and I really rate Isco, just that it's not a like for like with KDB and Silva
  5. Feb 9, 2018

RooneyLegend Full Member

It's pretty much a like for like, the biggest difference is the coaches and their styles. Pep would make it work while doubt Jose would like it. We're already experiencing problems in midfield due to Pogba refusing to partake, can imagine him thinking Isco would be the same.
  6. Feb 9, 2018

roonster09 Full Member

Pogba isn't selfish, very few times he holds the ball and takes to make decision but most times he just plays quick passes.
  7. Feb 9, 2018

Yagami Full Member

I don't think Pogba ball hogs that much. It's just that most of our players are happy pass the buck and lay the responsibility of actually creating something all on him. Now that we have another creator in Alexis, Pogba's seemed more than happy to give him the ball and make surging runs forward to support Lukaku in the box.

I think we could emulate a Pep style midfield with a 3 of Isco, Pogba and Matic - not that I think José would opt for such a template. Matic is the Busquets/Fernandinho - protects the defence but is comfortable on the ball, Pogba is the Xavi/De Bryune in that he dictates the play, and Isco is the Iniesta/D.Silva in that he can contribute in defense and link the midfield to the attack with his ability to dribble forwards and link-up with others due to his quick thinking.
  8. Feb 9, 2018

BlahRules Full Member

I thought he became selfish because if does not take glory himself he won't be picked for the next game?

Which has been the situation for the past couple of years when he has out performed his competition but with no avail he has to stay on the bench when Madrid's Glaticos are injury free.

If Isco starts getting the first football consistently and knows his role in the team. I can guarantee he would be the midfielder in the league.

I wonder where he would end up as I believe he would be on the level of KDB when a team gives him the consistent football he should be getting all these years.
  9. Feb 9, 2018

Sanche7 New Member

Any other team in the world, he would start, even at Barca. If he comes to the PL, he will a top five midfielder easily and can become the best with constant playing time.

Can see City going for him because he suits Peps playing style. Whenever I watch him play, I get this feeling of watching a special player, he's so good on the ball, great dribbler and great close control. In many ways he is similar to David Silva.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
  10. Feb 9, 2018

Trizy Full Member

Their ball retention and pressing style allows those two CMs to work well together. It's all about Pep's system.

Be like Xavi and Iniesta under Mourinho tactics, they'd get bullied in the PL. Play them in their typical Barcelona system though and they'd tear teams apart.
  11. Feb 9, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

12. Feb 9, 2018

Vato Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Good. We'd be absolute braindead cretins if we'd sell him.
  13. Feb 9, 2018

izec Full Member

Not if you sell him only to us. There is also De Gea, we have some experience with trades
  14. Feb 9, 2018

Vato Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't straight swap him for DDG or even Hazard. I really think he's that good.

Only player I'd swap him for is Neymar and that other steroid smurf.
  15. Feb 9, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    And Mbappé
  16. Feb 10, 2018

gibers Full Member

Spot on. Been saying this for ages. Still doesn't know when to release the ball.
  17. Feb 10, 2018

Plonker New Member

I have to agree,I think his composure and control on the ball is as good as anyone in world football.

I would love him at United but there is no way real Madrid would let him go, not even if De Gea is involved.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2018
  18. Feb 10, 2018

Peyroteo ahahahahah feck off dad!

Supports:
    Sporting CP
    The most lucrative business in the world is buying a spaniard for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

Madrid would do well to sell Isco if they make sure they can get Hazard for about the same price.