Italian Serie A 2017/18

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Infordin, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Jan 29, 2018

Yagami Full Member

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. Bar the game or two he played on the right, I always thought Mario looked the part in the center, which is why I was all for us signing him. Likewise with Brozovic. Their best games came with one of Mario/Brozovic as the #10, Valero as the deepest midfielder, and a more advanced midfielder next to Valero whether that was Vecino/Gagliardini/Mario/Brozovic, in my opinion.
  2. Jan 29, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Roma is simply weaker than last season. Spalleti is experienced top class manager, EDF is still learning at the top level and results reflecting that.
  3. Jan 29, 2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Yeah, losing Salah and even Rudiger was a bad move. If they sold Dzeko as well it would completely kill them.
  4. Jan 29, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Mate, maybe the games you've seen were from the brief good spell under Pioli last season

Because this season Joao Mario had a decent 20 minute cameo against Roma, the rest of the time he was outright poor. Brozovic had some good games, and some bad ones - he's inconsistent. Inter are better with Brozovic over Gagliardini when Brozovic plays well, for sure, problem is when Brozovic is bad he's really bad. It's the reason they've signed Rafinha and are desperate for Pastore and Ramires
  5. Jan 29, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    De Rossi declining and also selling Leandro Paredes means there's a lack of mobility in their central midfield aswell.
  6. Jan 29, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Icardi might be on his way to Madrid due to a post on Instagram. "To say goodbye means to grow up".
  7. Jan 29, 2018

Yagami Full Member

No, I didn't watch Inter much last year which was a shame because they had Banega. I didn't really have an opinion on both Brozovic and Mario until I started watching Inter this year.

Oh, I agree with you on Brozovic but I'm not arguing that they should be starting both Brozovic and Mario every game. I just don't they should've dropped both in recent games (bar their last where Brozovic play). I'd always have one starting to offer a better balance to the midfield. Like, I don't think Herrera's been good enough this year but I'd still start him to offer a better balance for us (maybe that'll change with Lingard's form and the arrival of Alexis now, though).

On Mario, I think he's played really well whenever he's been played in the center this year. His final ball lets him down a lot of the time but I'm a big fan based on this season alone. He's the reason I tried to catch as many games as I have this year which is quite a lot. He's by no means the finished product as his decision making is bad at times, but I do get D.Silva vibes from him due to his close control and ability to resist pressing players. Plus, he's actually quite good defensively.

I've known about Inters interest in Rafinha and Pastore (not Ramires) and I get Pastore because, when fit, he's one of the best playmakers in the world, but not Rafinha. I don't think he'd be any better than those two in midfield, and can you really trust Inters decision making in recent times? I'm no expert so feel free to correct me but they seem to have no plan at all.
  8. Jan 29, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Joao Mario was really bad for them the few times he played this season. Really, seriously bad. The last game he played, started against Fiorentina, even Bergomi (commenting the game) was flabbergasted by how truly pathetic he was

Inter fans are quite happy to see him gone, with good reason. Maybe he's a good player and it just didn't work out, but Inter's not the team for him and he's not a player for Inter

Rafinha they already signed, on loan. Can't be worse than Joao Mario
  9. Jan 30, 2018

Yagami Full Member

I didn't see that game but I believe he started on the right where, in my opinion, he's wasted. Not that he should be excused for terrible performances because of this, but I wouldn't base my opinion on him too much playing from the right. The times I've seen him as a #10 and a #8 I've thought he's always looked promising.

Yeah, I know they've landed Rafinha. I don't rate him much but it's a good deal for Inter considering they felt Mario wasn't up to the job and it is January.
  10. Jan 30, 2018

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Looks like not everything is good at Inter camp. Apparently Icardi posted some cryptic message, might be him leaving or it's about his personal life.

Also Inter fans are not happy with Perisic at all.
  11. Jan 30, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Atalanta-Juventus for the Coppa Italia semifinal first leg today. Gasperini's side will give it all to go through. Not easy for Juve.
  12. Jan 30, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    1-0 Juventus. Fatty scores. Juventus have become a tank once again. Can't see Napoli keeping it up for so long.
  13. Jan 31, 2018

B&Wandmore Full Member

Supports:
    juventus
    Juve has thanks God, closed the gates again and only conceded 1 goal in the last 14 games, a lucky shot from 30 mt btw. But this has costed quite a bit in attack where we are creating less chances, still enough to win most serie A games probably not enough for CL, hopefully Dybala comes back soon finding a place in the team.

Napoli has very good chances though, first of all because they are focusing on the league only abandoning all other competitions (except EL that I think they will drop soon) and secondly because they have become very solid in defense, not quite as much as Juve but still very good. Add quite a lot of luck with episodes and referees and it looks increasingly their year, despite their constant crying.

Over the next month they have a very favourable calendar with Juve playing for CL and CI, besides a couple of tough away games, I expect them to increase their advantage. If Juve can manage to get to the last 8 games within a 3 points gap, we will be a strong favourite given the pressure Napoli will have to withstand with a less experienced side, if on the other hand Juve should progress in CL and fall over 3 points behind then Napoli would have a very good chance to win the title. So far despite not always playing very well as the media circus claims, they have been incredibly consistent
  14. Jan 31, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I think they will just fall short. Juventus know how to win it, instead.

Mlan-Lazio for the second semifinal today.
  15. Jan 31, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    0-0 FT. Great result for Milan. Now they just new a goal draw to go through.

The game was not that good overall. Lazio had the edge, but didn't create that much.
  16. Jan 31, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Milan were woeful from what I saw although Hakan did miss a sitter late on.

Now Immobile is back think Lazio will score a couple in the second leg.
  17. Feb 3, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Inter haven't won a single game since december, 3rd :eek::houllier::lol:. Milan can still catch them :D
  18. Feb 4, 2018

SCP Full Member

Supports:
    Sporting Clube Portugal
    Pff the Spalletti efect turned into another Western Spaghetti, who would have thought? :lol:
  19. Feb 4, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Zenga getting a hero's reception by San Siro, always great to see, that
  20. Feb 4, 2018

IAmAWinner New Member

Roma takes the lead against Verona in the 1st minute. √únder great goal.
    Pellegrini sent off, stupid stupid tackle.
    FT 1-0. Roma win with 10 men. They missed a lot of chances though, especially Dzeko.
    1 point behind Inter now.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  21. Feb 4, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Suso with the goal of the month in Udine

The Gattuso effect still going strong for milan
  22. Feb 4, 2018

van der star newprawn warrior Scout

Juve running rampant against Sassuolo. 4-0 at HT.
  23. Feb 4, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Also bologna and fiorentina traded olimpicos :lol:
  24. Feb 4, 2018

GifLord The gif that keeps on giffing

Milan crumbling after the sending off
  25. Feb 4, 2018

GifLord The gif that keeps on giffing

1:1 Donnarumma OG

26. Feb 4, 2018

paulscholes18 Full Member

Higuain with a 2nd half hat-trick 7-0
  27. Feb 4, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Udinese are good. Very well coached and full of big strong, pacy and technical players. With the man advantage they were able to make it count
  28. Feb 4, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Bologna-Fiorentina 1-2: two goal olimpico and a wondergoal by the son of enrico to win it
  29. Feb 4, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Yep failing to win away games against mid table or worse teams. ;)

Rino tactics away to a Juventus is going to be a total car crash.
  30. Feb 4, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    They were in control until calabria got himself sent off stupidly. Gattuso is doing very well so far
  31. Feb 4, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    He really isn't.

Think Montella would've picked up more points in this run of games. Milan won 3 away games under him not that the form was acceptable under him of course.

Just to recap Milan have failed to beat Benevento with the keeper scoring against them, lost dismally in Verona, lost at home to Atalanta who were slowly picking up at the time.

They did pick up a good result against Lazio but remember Lazio lined up with Caicedo upfront instead of Immobile so bit of difference in quality there.

Milan has lots of tough games coming up in next 6 weeks, second leg of Coppa Italia, away to Roma and Genoa, home to Sampdoria and Meeelan derby and Juventus away on March 31st.

I'd be amazed if on April 1st they're closer to champions league places than they are now. The difference is ten points as of now.
  32. Feb 4, 2018

adexkola Arsenal supporter Verified Moaner City Lover

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    Napoli leading away at Benevento.
  33. Feb 4, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    The fight between Napoli and Juventus continue, albeit Juventus are emerging as clear favourite. Their defence is more solid than inox steel :D
  34. Feb 4, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Next few weeks will be interesting for Juve.

Aways to Fiorentina and Torino which will be tricky and that's either side of the first leg v Spurs so interested how Allegri rotates the team.

Looking at the run ins, both are pretty similar in difficulty. Napoli have to go to both Milan clubs away, Juventus have to go to both Rome clubs away.

Juventus also have Inter away on the schedule. I know they're terrible at the minute but remember Juventus did lose to a Inter team managed by Frank De Boer so anything is possible.

Guess Juventus hosting Napoli in Turin could be a factor. Hope not as I can see it now with Juventus getting 97th minute VAR penalty to win the game.
  35. Feb 4, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Think so. When they face each other they will still be close.
  36. Feb 4, 2018

B&Wandmore Full Member

Supports:
    juventus
    yes because Juve so far has been treated so well, by VAR while poor Napoli has had so many decisions going against them :lol::lol::lol:
  37. Feb 5, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    TBF I'm basing it on that infamous title showdown game between Juve and Inter in Turin when Ronaldo was nearly lynched in the penalty area. No penalty was given and then think it was a minute later when Del Piero was lightly touched in the penalty area, went down and penalty was given. Juventus won that 1-0.
  38. Feb 5, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Wait for him to tell you that wasn't a penalty........
  39. Feb 5, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Surprising defeat for Lazio against Genoa. If they had won they would have basically secured the 4th spot.
  40. Feb 5, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Don't think so chap. :lol:

Just as a reminder....