Italian Serie A 2018-19

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by roonster09, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Dec 27, 2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    They want to close Inter form until the end of march for racism and for what happened outside the stadium yesterday. 4 Napoli fans were wounded and 1 Inter supporter was killed.
  2. Dec 27, 2018

AgentP Full Member

We need to rescue the lad and bring him to Manchester! But seriously speaking, it's time for the clubs, UEFA and FIFA to step in and take drastic actions instead of choosing to ignore the frequent racism. Italy and Russia are the worst but even other leagues need to step up.
  3. Dec 27, 2018

izec Full Member

The technology is not 100%? I am sure it is only 99,x percent correct, maybe that bit was missing this time.
  4. Dec 27, 2018

48 hours Full Member

5. Dec 27, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Man, what the feck are you talking about. First, we don't know whether Douglas was racially abused or not. He's not said anything about it, juventus have not said anything about it. You're want to believe that's the case, but you might very well be wrong. Especially because refusing to denounce an incident of racism would be a very weird, inconsiderate thing to do both on the player and juventus' part. Koulibaly on the other hand was the target of clear, loud monkey noises, by what must have been a considerable section of the stadium, several times, including right before and during the clapping incident. Second, Douglas spat at someone. That's very very different than clapping your hands at the ref
  6. Dec 27, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    A joke. Coaches of Napoli fans being assaulted by 100 ultras of inter(and varese and Nice FFS. Even the french scumbags came out), which resulted in 4 napoli fans lightly wounded and one idiot who got run over by a car and died -good fecking riddance to him-. Prolonged, reiterated incindents of racism inside the stadium.

What the feck is that. You wanna stop this shit from happening again? Get real about punishment. Close the ultras stands for 3 years and the rest of the stadiums for the remainder of the season. Stop the games and award an automatic victory for the teams whose players are racially abused. Detract points. We'll never get rid of it so long as the scum knows they can get away with it with little consequence
  7. Dec 27, 2018

Pagh Wraith Full Member

Christ. To think I was at the San Siro only a few days earlier in what can only be described as an almost family atmosphere.
  8. Dec 27, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    I don't know, this almost seems malicious to be honest. @GifLord posted a screen on the last page of this thread. It's really REALLY clearly over the line.
  9. Dec 27, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    It's really clearly not actually
  10. Dec 27, 2018

Pagh Wraith Full Member

It shows it clearly isn't.
  11. Dec 27, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    Not the goal line sim. The paused video.

Wait two people saying it makes me doubt myself. But what the feck, it's over the line quite far innit?!

Edit: pause the replay, it's a goal, clearly.
  12. Dec 27, 2018

Berbaclass Full Member

If you watch the replay it's clearly wrong.

Looks over the line to me.

[​IMG]
  13. Dec 27, 2018

Pagh Wraith Full Member

I don't think the quality of that video is anywhere near good enough to draw conclusions from it.

The goalline capture however shows the ball wasn't in. I've highlighted the edge of the goal line for emphasis.

[​IMG]
  14. Dec 27, 2018

Pagh Wraith Full Member

Also the ball is spherical not cubic so it's not enough for the part of the ball that touches the surface to be behind the goalline (I assume that is why you think it looks as if it went in in the video). The whole object has to.
  15. Dec 27, 2018

B & W New Member

Supports:
    Juventus Turin
    Nobody knows what kind of insult was the one direct to Costa, but had to be an hard one, racist or not. Or do you think that he reacted in this way for nothing? He spat on him? Ok, but he was the one to be blamed for the insult. Koulibaly clapped the referee, and I don't think he was one of the peoples that have been making this monkey noises. This is only an excuse to avoid the punishment, as usual.
  16. Dec 27, 2018

Berbaclass Full Member

Think it's accurate to something like 4mm though which for me means that could very well be wrong.
  17. Dec 27, 2018

B & W New Member

Supports:
    Juventus Turin
    Sorry but this is absolutely not the right way to punish criminals. In this way you punish many people that are not to blame for this facts and clubs are not guilty any more. Much more: in many cases some groups of ultras used this kind of stupid punishments against the club to force them to do what they wanted (giving them some benefits). The club refuses? Ok. They act in a way that causes damages to the club (like fines or closing of a part of the stadium). This means in many cases do exactly what you want to avoid, like racial abuses against opponents or some kind of violence in the area of the stadium. You want to avoit it? You have to punish not spectators or clubs (it is not correct to punish an innocent, and counterproductive as I said) but these thugs, arresting them (police knows exactly who they are, but for them and for the State is much easier punish normal people, because they do not protest) and throwing them in a jail for some years. Actually, the State does exactly the opposite. If someone breaks the law in the norma life is a criminal and can be arrested, but if a group of ultras does it loudly, this persons do not risk anything. Free lunch.
  18. Dec 27, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Not enough. It's just a slap in the face saying not to do it again. They should have extended it to the whole season.
  19. Dec 27, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    That image is no goal, but if you pause the video from that same post it's very clearly over the line. It's honestly about 10 cm over it, if not more.
  20. Dec 27, 2018

Peyroteo Professional Ronaldo PR Guy

Supports:
    Sporting CP
    @KirkDuyt

That's not over the line, you can see the grass between the line and the ball but the furthest part of the ball still didn't cross the line
  21. Dec 27, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    In that still it actually doesntlook to be over the line. I dont trust my eyes anymore. Feck this I dont even care about the seria A.:lol:
  22. Dec 27, 2018

Berbaclass Full Member

I think it's over it's just very close (literally 1-2mm). Hawkeye isn't that accurate...
  23. Dec 27, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Still more accurate than the naked eye watching it from a worse angle
  24. Dec 28, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Guess it's the last call for Ringhio tomorrow against Spal, albeit the club may still sack him during the winter break.
  25. Dec 28, 2018

B&Wandmore New Member

Supports:
    juventus
    Right, what could possibly go wrong with that plan? :confused:

Nothing apart from punishing everybody, causing an incredible damage to clubs and giving a formidable blackmail tool to rogue fans.

This kind of demagoguery just pisses me off. The solution is to apply laws arresting criminals, charging them and keeping them locked not to close stadiums and other idiotic measures like that, that serve only to show some muscles to hide oneso impotence
  26. Dec 28, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    No it doesn't. The law is being applied just fine, it still can only act after the fact. And racism isn't a crime unfortunately. When this kind of shite keeps happening and happening and happening, then it's high time we as a country that pretends to be civilized accept that maybe, just maybe, stopping this shite is more important than sport, and that we should be willing to sacrifice said sport for however long it takes until said behaviour is erased.
  27. Dec 28, 2018

B&Wandmore New Member

Supports:
    juventus
    The law is not being applied at all since the criminals that managr organised fans are never locked up. Closing stadiums is not the way to do it then, because it gives them exactly what they want visibility and power. Besides I don't see why somebody who is behaving correctly should be penalised to punish a few or a lot that are criminals.

That without even going into the definition of racists for these morons. And the botioj that this is an issue only for Russia and Italy is ludicrous
  28. Dec 28, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    It you don't teach them a season they will never learn. It's time to be tough.
  29. Dec 28, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    They are. But there are others like them ready to fill the void. The law can't punish people on principle or randomly, if you have 50 perpetrators and only 3 are identified, what do you do about the other 47?

I never understand that. These things happen repeatedly, en masse, relating to football. How do they win by having football taken away from them?

Will they still find ways to pull this kind of behaviour outside of football? Possibly. But at least they wouldn't be doing it at a football event, where they have thousands of people to hide among and do it with impunity

And we, the civilised, should be able to accept the sacrifice to make things better overall for everyone. We're giving them all the power when we peddle the don't punish everyone because of a few idiots line. They know they will never be punished

Football isn't a primary necessity, we could survive without it just fine.
  30. Dec 28, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I read most of the stadium racially abused Koulibaly, not just Inter ultras. That's the most disgusting thing.
  31. Dec 28, 2018

damageinc. New Member

Supports:
    the unknown
    The most disgusting thing is that no one is talking about the Napoli ultras that attacked the Inter ones too and one man died. https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset....emente-sei-uno-e-morto-_1253413-201802a.shtml

I mean theres a lot of hypocrisy around about this racism argument, we all know is a real problem but I think that the violence should be stigmatized with the same emphasys at least or even more becouse killing people is worser than buuing a black man (millionaire)
    No body said something or took measure against Napoli and their fans becouse or their violent fans (which are well known for that everywhere in Italia and Europe too), they are acting like victims which are not. Another shame
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  32. Dec 28, 2018

B & W New Member

Supports:
    Juventus Turin
    Very well. We can say also that to prevent crime the better solution is to punish innocents.

To avoid robberies nothing better than close all banks, jeweleries and drugstores. F*** you criminals.

Then we have only to close Internet to avoid scams and car industry to prevent car thefts, to tear down all buildings to prevent housebreaking.

In a few years our society will become like a new Eden. If you explain this plan to little crickets you can easily become the next italian Prime Minister candidate.
  33. Dec 28, 2018

B & W New Member

Supports:
    Juventus Turin
    Though means to put them in jail, not to punish other people. They are absolutely not interested to watch matches. They are interested to money, power and violence. You don't teach them a lesson in that sense closing the stadium. The only lesson you would teach them is that they can do whatever they wants without to be punished.
  34. Dec 28, 2018

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know what news channels you're watching because the ones i follow haven't even said much about the racism, focusing mostly on the violence(which yes, kind of understandable given people actually died)
  35. Dec 29, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I would have said the same if the same thing had happened elsewhere. Unfortunately, many football firms are cnuts in Italy (Inter, Napoli, Lazio, Roma, Verona, sometimes Juventus and so on). It's the whole system that needs to change, starting from the clubs that protect the cnuts too much.
  36. Dec 29, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Thanks god we are back on the pitch today so we can focus on football and not on what happens outside.
  37. Dec 29, 2018

Bole Top Full Member

I didn't bet on Ronaldo scoring since Madrid's first game vs Juve I think. tnx man :)
  38. Dec 29, 2018

Peyroteo Professional Ronaldo PR Guy

Supports:
    Sporting CP
    :lol::lol::lol:
  39. Dec 29, 2018

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Harsh decision imo.
  40. Dec 29, 2018

NieThePiet New Member