Jürgen Klopp Watch | Charged with misconduct, accepts and is fined £8k

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Dec 3, 2018

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Nope, after their second goal in injury time. Game was definitely still going on.
  2. Dec 3, 2018

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    SAF did not go on the field, Silly!
  3. Dec 4, 2018

Kharhaz New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I love the comment from Danny mills "hes lucky I wasnt on the pitch". So little mills thinks he would have given a 6 foot 5 Klopp a reason to think twice about it?

I bet he sleeps peacefully at night (Mills) safe in the knowledge his football career was a huge success and off the field, he has also been a success! A legend in his own mind this guy.

Between the uproar of the colossal crime Klopp has committed and the fact that the Baby Its Cold Outside christmas song is now a rape song, I dont know how humanity will survive this crisis so close to christmas.

We will power through, I hope!
  4. Dec 4, 2018

Karel Podolsky New Member

Supports:
    Ex Laziale
    Klopp's lucky I wasn't on the pitch!

Note: I am only 5 inch 2 and almost never played football except when I was a kid.
  5. Dec 4, 2018

Briman63 New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Fair point, he most probably will be sanctioned, the main point i was making is that a lot of the posts on here come across as Mourinho is treated unfairly, when i don't think that is the case, some of the antics Jose has got up to he rightfully deserves to be punished, the problem is inconsistency from the FA, not victimising Jose
  6. Dec 4, 2018

Briman63 New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I get that, the point i was making is that a lot on here are using this as a case that Mourinho is unfairly treated and that's not the case, he deserves everything he get's, it's the inconsistency of the FA, not Jose being victimised.
  7. Dec 4, 2018

NinjaZombie Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

When you see other managers escaping sanctions and fines for doing the same things you're punished for, you're right to think you're being treated unfairly.
  8. Dec 4, 2018

Barnslig New Member

You could hear him saying feck again during the derby. Doesn't get brought up anywhere.
  9. Dec 4, 2018

tenpoless Full Member

Giants should be banned from attending football matches.
  10. Dec 4, 2018

anant Full Member

3 game stadium ban please!
  11. Dec 4, 2018

Halds Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool FC
    Oh my god. That is schocking! In that case..Throw him in the dungeons of the Tower and get the scavengers daughter back in business.
  12. Dec 4, 2018

Barnslig New Member

I'm not saying that, I also thought the FA going after Mourinho for him whispering profanities in portugese were ridiculous, I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the FA.
  13. Dec 4, 2018

christinaa Gossip Girl

Did they win the World Cup ??!
  14. Dec 4, 2018

macheda14 Full Member

No, that's the thing. Jose deserves what he gets, but if he's the only one consistently punished for it, whilst others don't get punished, then inconsistency = victimisation. Jose swears in Portuguese towards a camera, the FA attempt to charge him, an independent board say there was nothing wrong and the FA go out of their way to appeal that decision. Klopp swears at the fourth official while shouting in his face, nothing, it's passion. The main reason that Klopp is being punished now is that there is more of a public outrage. People are looking past his passion. It is always mainly media led. Media don't like Jose anymore and jump on his antics, the FA follow suit. The same thing will start to happen to Klopp when Liverpool inevitably fall off the pace set by City and Klopp becomes bitter, I think this is the end of the honeymoon period. The only one who will now get a free pass is Pep.
  15. Dec 4, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

16. Dec 4, 2018

Irrational. Full Member

Fecking pathetic.
  17. Dec 4, 2018

Tommy bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered

Supports:
    Liverpool
    That's pretty damn light if that's all he's getting. I expected a touchline ban of some sort.
  18. Dec 4, 2018

AlecHDR Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob

8k fine for someone on a 7m income is quite the fine. He'll have to move some monies around to manage.
  19. Dec 4, 2018

11101 Full Member

Is that it?! :lol:
  20. Dec 4, 2018

septic Full Member

it's the equivalent of someone earning say £50k a year getting a £57 fine. tough action there by the FA.
  21. Dec 4, 2018

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Isn't that what an average Joe gets fined for speeding for example?

I'd have thought they would make an example out of him but I don't think any manager will think about the £8k fine if they want to run onto the field next time.
  22. Dec 4, 2018

buckooo1978 Full Member

I know it's a lot of whataboutery but the demands for stadiums bans etc is a bit sad IMO

football is so sanitised it's losing what makes it great

guy loses it when scoring an injury time winner in a derby - what do people expect? if that was our manager we'd be delighted to see that kind of emotion

we all laughed when Mourinho wound up Juve fans the other week.

seeing Brian Kidd on the pitch vrs Sheffield Wednesday is a fantastic memory of pure joy, elation and relief- how dull would it be to hear about stadium bans

you didn't hear a peep about stadium bans back then - Generation Snowflake need to catch a grip perhaps
  23. Dec 4, 2018

septic Full Member

average speeding fine is more than 3x that.

there's also the argument that someone earning millions per year has far much more disposable income than the average joe, so the deterrent should be more extreme.
  24. Dec 4, 2018

arthurka Full Member

I really dont care , he was happy . Like my Liverpool supporting mate said Mourinho was mad , Klopp was happy so what Klopp did wasnt half as bad as Mourinho.
  25. Dec 4, 2018

shamans Hoser

Isn't that fair then? What the hell do people want here. A speeding ticket which is a far more dangerous act is around the same
  26. Dec 4, 2018

shamans Hoser

It's quite pathetic. I think its just this "FA hates mourinho" crowd that are pushing for these weird asks
  27. Dec 4, 2018

FootyGirl88

How are the FA going to spend the £8k?
  28. Dec 4, 2018

Di Maria's angel Captain of Moanchester United

Would we? Specifically remember outrage from his celebration (or anger) from throwing bottles last week.
  29. Dec 4, 2018

Makalakalele New Member

Supports:
    Good Football
    Didn’t Pep Guardiola do the exact same thing against Southampton and only received a warning? Klopp getting a warning and fine is the fair decision then. The state of some people asking for a ban, you people would probably cry if you saw the passion in English football during the 70’s 80’s and maybe 90’s
  30. Dec 4, 2018

Makalakalele New Member

Supports:
    Good Football
    Guardiola received a warning for doing the exact same thing so this is actually pretty consistent and fair.
  31. Dec 4, 2018

SilentWitness ShoelessWitness Staff

Supports:
    Everton
    People saying 8k fine is pathetic need a bit of perspective. He ran onto a football field you plums.
  32. Dec 4, 2018

montpelier Full Member

I think a 1 game ban would have been right. Charging right on to the pitch while the game is still on is a bit different from water bottle abuse or running down the touchline, for me. He knows what he's doing - the overacting is a gamesmanship schtick he uses to wind up his team & his team's support. It's not an accident. It's a theme of his Management approach.

And to properly snowflake it. It's a threat to safety & a wind up of the away fans. and quite a big one in the scheme of the other stuff they take action on. Shirt's off, over-celebrating & so forth.

I'm possibly not being objective because I hate the cnut. But neither are you mad people, producing the idea that he hasn't really done anything because you have a soft spot for the guy who manages Utd's fiercest rivals.
  33. Dec 4, 2018

septic Full Member

I don’t think it should be an offence either. But given it is, £8k is hardly a deterrent to multimillionaires. Either increase the fine or just do away with the rule. Otherwise there is literally no point to the fine.
  34. Dec 4, 2018

septic Full Member

As I said earlier, multi millionaires have far more disposable income than the average joe. Having an equivalent/fair fine to the average joe is therefore pointless.

Also the average speeding fine is a lot more than £57.
  35. Dec 4, 2018

montpelier Full Member

I also think Danny Mills or more likely an Everton player would have been ''perfectly entitled'' to smack him one & be fairly leniently treated for doing it.
  36. Dec 4, 2018

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I think the point being made is that if they're going to punish him for it they might as well give him a meaningful punishment.

An 8k fine is fairly pointless. There wasn't really any point in charging him at all if that's all they're going to dish out.
  37. Dec 4, 2018

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

Fair play to Merson for saying it as it is. Media darlings Liverpool have one set of rules, big bad wolves United have a completely different set.
  38. Dec 4, 2018

freeurmind weak willed

Based on the rules, it's fair for him to get a fine but I think the league shouldn't be trying to legislate passion like that out of the game.
  39. Dec 4, 2018

SilentWitness ShoelessWitness Staff

Supports:
    Everton
    If that is the case then fair. I don't think he should have been fined at all. Touchline ban would be fair but i don't blame him for wildly celebrating either, i'd have expected us to do the same. Still think he's a tit though.
  40. Dec 4, 2018

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    He might be a tit, but he’s our tit.