Jürgen Klopp Watch | Charged with misconduct, accepts and is fined £8k

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Dec 4, 2018

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy Scout

This whole thing is silly.

He ran onto a bit of a grass after a goal... it's hardly the end of the world.

The FA fine managers for all sorts of pointless shit.
  2. Dec 4, 2018

OldSchoolManc Full Member

I think Jose should run onto the pitch against Arsenal, just to see if he gets treated equally.
  3. Dec 4, 2018

marukomu The Gatekeeper

At least the guy cares about his team. Their fans will love him even more. That's worth 8k of any manager's money.
  4. Dec 4, 2018

marukomu The Gatekeeper

and twat the ref.
  5. Dec 4, 2018

Raees Legal Guardian of the Football forums

I think the FA had to do something because otherwise it opens the gates to anyone running on to the pitch post goal scored. But why do we give such a shit? It’s minor and inconsequential.

Jose’s bottle throwing was more charge worthy imo.
  6. Dec 4, 2018

RobinLFC Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I'd even doubt he has to pay it himself tbf.
  7. Dec 4, 2018

Pagh Wraith Full Member

This. If anything I find it ridiculous that this warrants a fine at all.
  8. Dec 4, 2018

Aloysius's Back 3 Full Member

For me the thing about Klopp is that he acts like a Kid, a kid with a lot of passion and energy with what he does - personally would love to have a manager with that type of energy for the club because it is a direct representation of the football that is being played by the team.

On the other hand - am i really unhappy that Jose gets charged more and banned? no not really - he has always been a depressive guy, a manager who is consistently angry unless what he himself has done has made the team win the match to which he will party all night and day for. The guy feels like a monster instead of a kid with energy - a person who will or may accidentally swear at the camera man but ultimately comes across all the time as a man who can control himself but chose not to do so.
    Then there is the constant bitter nature against the media, the fans, the club, the owners etc etc - everything is just a rotting demeanour about him that I can see why the FA want to lock him up in a cell whilst giving managers like Pep and Klopp the benefit of the doubt.

I personally don't care if what I say is wrong or delusional - but whilst all clubs and managers should be treated equally - I literally have no problem with Jose being treated like 'the special one' he puts himself up to be. He will always be an individual - and just like klopp; that is a representation of his football.
  9. Dec 4, 2018

Tom Van Persie No relation

The FA are a joke. :lol:
  10. Dec 4, 2018

Andy366242 New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
  11. Dec 4, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    Wouldnt a 1 game ban be better? Who gives a feck about a fine. Though honestly, who gives a feck about running into the pitch.

Or knocking over some bottles for that matter.
  12. Dec 4, 2018

Rossa Full Member

People care because he was disrespectful after Liverpool won due to a massive mistake by Pickford. I recall Casillas not celebrating after the opposition goalie made a mistake that won RM the match, and when the match was over, Casillas was the first to consolidate him. What Klopp did was the complete opposite - passion, yes, still an absolute tosser.
  13. Dec 4, 2018

Isotope Full Member

If there's such a black and white rule about pitch invasion, why some seems butthurt?
    The charge for bottle throwing is 100 times way more ridiculous, as that's an 'interpretation', and it didn't incite other fans.
  14. Dec 4, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    What the actual feck. What manager would have as a first reaction not to be ecstatic and celebrate with your player but go over to your bitter rivals to consolidate them? Feck that :lol:

I don't even see how it's disrespectful. It warrants a fine because it's prohibited, and that's all there is to it.
  15. Dec 4, 2018

Ibrahimorich New Member

Wtf? One is entirely inconsequential, the other is a manager running onto the middle of the pitch while the game is still in progress. Imagine if he did that at an away ground? There could be a riot.
  16. Dec 4, 2018

marukomu The Gatekeeper

Oh yeah. Giro day tomorrow. ;)
  17. Dec 4, 2018

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Oh behave. Mourinho ran along the touchline when we lost the title in 2014, trying to actively provoke our fans and no one did a thing.
  18. Dec 4, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    I thought it was a bit over the top as well, but who gives a feck, it's sports, talking trash and provocations should be part of it if you ask me. What's next? Not celebrating after scoring from an intercepted back pass? Or from a careless turnover?

Klopp obviously broke the rules, so he should be punished, but I think the rules are silly. Mou releasing his frustration on those water bottles might've been the first time I ever cheered for the guy.
  19. Dec 4, 2018

Raees Legal Guardian of the Football forums

Yes but context also needs to be taken into account. He didn’t run to opposition fans, it was his home ground, he’s in the middle of a title race and he went to celebrate with his goalkeeper. Should he still be punished? Absolutely but does he need to be taken to the cleaners for it - not necessarily and I hate this argument of ‘if Jose did it’.

Jose is a provacative cnut - everything he does you need to view it with a certain lense because he’s actively trying to wum whereas Klopp for all his faults is not someone who seeks confrontation for the fun of it - he’s just abit of a cheesy twat at times but we at United would lap it up if he was one of our own.
  20. Dec 4, 2018

buckooo1978 Full Member

I don't recall outrage

I felt personally it was a bit rich after the shitshow we served up but don't recall many calling for bans
  21. Dec 4, 2018

Cpt Negative Full Member

I don’t really give a feck if managers run on the pitch. The more managers and players show that kind of passion the better.

However, if the rules are you can’t do it, they have to be followed for every manager and every club and we know that would never be the case.

It seems Klopp toes the line an awful lot and seems to get away lightly.
  22. Dec 4, 2018

shamans Hoser

The disposable income argument makes no sense. The ratios are same.
  23. Dec 4, 2018

septic Full Member

it's pretty straight forward, not sure why you're not getting it. the lower you earn the more every pound means to you.

someone earning £15k a year is going to notice losing say £150 much more than someone earning £100k losing £1k. when you get into millionaire status it's even more pronounced.
  24. Dec 4, 2018

B20 HALA MADRID!

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The amount of petty attention this is getting on here is weird, it has to be said.
  25. Dec 4, 2018

ShadesOfTomato Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Lynch him!
  26. Dec 4, 2018

dove Full Member

The only reason this is getting attention because FA has a clear bias towards certain managers and clubs. If this joke of an organisation controls football, football is in trouble.
  27. Dec 4, 2018

Borden Full Member

So no jail time then? :rolleyes:
  28. Dec 4, 2018

shamans Hoser

yeah but that's what I said. You earn 50k, you get a 50 pound ticket. That's 0.001 percent of their yearly salary.

Jurgen klopp earns 3.5 million. The 0.001 percent equivalent is 3560 pounds. If he got fined 8k then that's almost double of what the equivalent was.

Also: Driving a fast car putting people at risk vs stepping on a football pitch.
  29. Dec 4, 2018

Kostur Full Member

8k? Hope they mean 8k days in a quarry.
  30. Dec 4, 2018

septic Full Member

he earns £7m a year from what I've read. and the average speeding ticket is £188.

but it's semantics, someone earning millions per year isn't going to feel a paltry £8k fine, even if it was 10x what a speeding ticket was.
  31. Dec 4, 2018

shamans Hoser

Wow, no it's not. I just explained to why it isn't. An 8k fine hurts him just as much as a speeding ticket would hurt average citizens. Calculate the percentages. 8k is not a joke for anyone.

And also, why are we comparing it with a speeding ticket? Stepping on the pitch is the same fine?
  32. Dec 4, 2018

Bergman New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    It wouldnt make sense to run onto the pitch whlst chasing the game.
  33. Dec 4, 2018

septic Full Member

i didn't bring the speeding ticket into it.

what I'm saying is very simple: the more money you earn, the more easy it is to pay for things. this is the basis of our entire tax system ffs. if you think Klopp is going to lose sleep over an £8k fine when he's earning £7m per year - £135k per week - then i give up.
  34. Dec 4, 2018

Bola Full Member

And a bridesmaid tit at that
    I dont fall for cheap parlour tricks as a substitute for trophies
  35. Dec 4, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    This percentage thing is quite simple really. Someone earning 1000 a month is hurt way more by losing 500 than someone earning 1000000 is by losing 500000.

A poor man needs almost is entire income to pay for the basics in life whereas a millionaire spends only a fraction on that.
  36. Dec 4, 2018

jeff gurr New Member

Supports:
    Leicester City
    I agree with you, if you are going to post on another clubs forum you have to expect to get a bit of stick especially if you want to be controversial.
  37. Dec 4, 2018

septic Full Member

PERCENTAGES!!
  38. Dec 4, 2018

shamans Hoser

I didn't say he'd lose sleep but it is a completely appropriate fine and if you're suggesting that anything above 8k is reasonable for stepping on a football pitch then you need a reality check.

8k is a significant amount even for someone earning 7 million a year. It's the same as taking 80 pounds from the average British person. Heck, make it 50 pounds. No one will lose sleep over it and most can easily pay it but it is not meaningless.
  39. Dec 4, 2018

septic Full Member

I’m not talking about the offence itself, which I’m not even bothered about. I’m talking about the fine as a means of deterrence, which it is not.

No it’s not the same and I’m done trying to explain it to you. You clearly refuse to listen.
  40. Dec 4, 2018

shamans Hoser

And you are unwilling to accept basic ratio, rate and proportion. show me mathematically how it is not the same rather than "Rich guy can afford anything!"