Jürgen Klopp Watch | "Coming 4th is like winning a trophy" | Wins the top 4 and fair play double

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Mar 20, 2017

Infordin Full Member

Supports:
    Barcelona
    He needs to buy at least a new striker, a new central midfielder, a new centerback and a proper left back.

Realistic targets for Liverpool would be Azmoun, Paredes, Tah and Kolasinac.

Not sure about goalkeeper, I'd give Karius at least another run of games before making a judgement on that.
  2. Mar 20, 2017

balaks Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    They need a total overhaul in defence for a start - possibly 4 players.
  3. Mar 20, 2017

giorno Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    Think 2 and backups would be enough honestly. But those two have to be absolute top shelf players and fit in with klopp's system. I'd be very curious to see belotti and naby keita at liverpool
  4. Mar 20, 2017

Fracture90 Full Member

Has he said anything about Klavan's foul on Sterling? Surely that was worthy of penalty.
  5. Mar 20, 2017

RobinLFC Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Supports:
    Liverpool
    You mean Milner's? Was a definite penalty yeah. Pep also had a go at Oliver while he could've awarded one or two more penalties to us and a red card for Toure. It's just what managers do nowadays, and I hate it frankly. Look at your own faults first before blaming it all on the ref, cause you certainly won't hear a manager say one word about the ref if they got a decision in favour of their own team on the day.
  6. Mar 20, 2017

Fracture90 Full Member

Ah, okay. I thought it was Klavan tbh! :D

Klopp is always bringing up that offside goal vs. UTD so i thought he might have something to say about that one as well.

I agree tho they managers should look at their own backyard, you never know when ref might make a mistake in your favor.
  7. Mar 20, 2017

Infordin Full Member

Supports:
    Barcelona
    Matip is fine and I doubt Liverpool can do much better than Clyne either
  8. Mar 20, 2017

balaks Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Left back - 2 new central defenders (IMO) and a new goalkeeper would be what I would do if I was Klopp.
  9. Mar 20, 2017

Akash Another Muppet

:lol:
  10. Mar 20, 2017

Fracture90 Full Member

LB, CB and another winger as backup for Mane/Coutinho.
  11. Mar 20, 2017

Big Andy Is really a midget

I'd stop being a cnut...

Turning around and not watching a penalty, what a complete melt...
  12. Mar 20, 2017

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

:lol: Brilliant.

Klopp is too over the top for me.
  13. Mar 20, 2017

Nostradamus Full Member

Tah is absolutely not realistic and impossible to get for Klopp and Liverpool. He has contract until 2020 and after losing Toprak to Dortmund, Leverkusen wont listen to offers for Tah.
  14. Mar 20, 2017

do.ob Full Member

And on top of that Dragovic, Toprak's designated successor, hasn't impressed at all this season, so they'd be mad to sell their one (defensively) solid defender, especially since they will probably have a hard time keeping their squad together already with out EL/CL football: Brandt (overrated a f, but might suit Klopp's football) has a €20m release clause for 2018, Kampl supposedly has drawn interest from Atletico, Chicharito is likely to be sold if he doesn't extend his contract and Calhanoglu seems to be fishing for a transfer, too.

So I agree, unless he has some sort of release clause that is yet to be revealed, Tah will stay put this summer.
  15. Mar 20, 2017

Cascarino Full Member

Supports:
    Swansea
    How has Clyne done this season? In most of the games I've watched he's been pretty underwhelming, and I used to rate him fairly highly.

:lol:
  16. Mar 20, 2017

RobinLFC Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Turning around for a penalty is needless attention seeking but going to the locker room a couple of minutes before the game has ended definitely is as well, imo. Let's not pretend any of them are saints here.
  17. Mar 20, 2017

do.ob Full Member

People seriously think that he is bothered about attention when his team is about to kick a penalty that could easily be the difference between EL and CL?
    Sometimes it feels like everything Kopp does is attention seeking while Mourinho could take a shit on the pitch and it would create a heated argument because people can't decide whether he is creating a siege mentality, masterfully playing mind games or sticking it to the media and Fa because he is a cool fecker.
  18. Mar 20, 2017

Rooney in Paris Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down

Do people on here claim Mourinho isn't attention seeking?
  19. Mar 20, 2017

VanGaalEra Full Member

Tbh with you, you could find Klopp at home in bed with your lady when you get back from work and all you would do is tuck Klopp in and wish him all the best.
  20. Mar 20, 2017

DJ Jeff Not so Jazzy

Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
    Agreed. They're both kind of tits to be honest.
  21. Mar 20, 2017

RedChip Full Member

Standing like knob end makes it look contrived to me.
  22. Mar 20, 2017

do.ob Full Member

I'm not sure tbh. Just seems to me like we're dealing with two quite eccentric Persons here and one gets cut a lot of slack while the other basically is supposed to behave like a completely passive robot. The way I see it if a person gets offended by Klopp turning around for a penalty they should be livid by Mourinho walking off the pitch.

Oh please, I have no problem criticising Klopp, his lack of a patient approach especially, which is far more damning than any kind of tears over his supposed acting.
    But I don't have to see everything he does as some kind of offence to feel better about his status with the media and lots of the public.
  23. Mar 20, 2017

Cascarino Full Member

Supports:
    Swansea
    Definitely agree with that.
  24. Mar 20, 2017

SwansonsTache loves German sausage

Look at people here largely being amused by Conte at Chelsea and his antics. Klopp just feels fake, and besides that there is true animosity between MUFC and Liverpool.

It is not like Germany where Dortmund has succumbed to a strange case of the Stockholm syndrome towards Bayern and you all unite against ze evil English and horrible PL.
  25. Mar 20, 2017

do.ob Full Member

Bringing up Bayern.. as predictable as it is boring..

Conte is a good example to highligh the double standards though, so thank you for that.
  26. Mar 20, 2017

Nostradamus Full Member

Agree with everything.

Brandt might leave, if an extraordinary offer somewhere between 40-50m€ arrives, especially if Brandt himself putting some pressure on Leverkusen. 50/50

Leverkusen would be open to sell Calhanoglu, if somebody offers close to 35-40m€, Chicharito can go as just 1 year contract left for around 25m€, Leno has a clause around 20m€ and could be tempted to move to Leipzig this time.

Tah and Henrichs wont go anywhere and I m also pretty sure that Kampl will stay.
  27. Mar 20, 2017

roonster09 Full Member

As boring as Klopp and Pep fan boys bringing Mourinho into everything?
  28. Mar 20, 2017

do.ob Full Member

It's natural to compare a coach (and the way he is perceived) with one of his peers, don't you think?
  29. Mar 20, 2017

Bayern is besides the point, only used to highlight this strange nationalistic thing you have going where a German coach or a German club takes presedence over anything foreign, even if it is a rival or a previous successfull coach from a rival team in the BL.

I dislike Bayern, in fact I strongly dislike Bayern, but I would still love them to absolutely stomp Liverpool 300-0 in a CL match. You guys would rather see a domestic rival like Dortmund beat United though, just because it is a domestic team and also it is a sting towards the horrid PL.
  30. Mar 20, 2017

do.ob Full Member

That post could use a couple of stereotypes and unfounded accusations.
  31. Mar 20, 2017

mav_9me Full Member

I don't understand why they do it.

Klopp turning his back to the penalty.
    Mourinho going inside 2 minutes before the final whistle.
    Pep claiming yesterday was one of the best days of his career?

It can't be attention seeking, they all have too much attention already. I don't know. So weird...All 3 of them.
  32. Mar 20, 2017

Fracture90 Full Member

You seen "Boogie nights"?
  33. Mar 20, 2017

roonster09 Full Member

If Jose acts like a clown whole game on the sidelines he will get lot of shit on CAF. It's like people don't know CAF at all, even ManUtd fans and managers gets shit for acting like clowns. Moyes was abused for celebrating a goal against Fulham, imagine what would have happened if a draw against WBA was celebrated? Players like Lingard, Pogba gets stick for their social media videos so why do you think Klopp will get the pass here?
  34. Mar 20, 2017

Stereotyping Germans? No, I would never.

(do you play the accordion?)
  35. Mar 20, 2017

Winrar Full Member

to be fair to klopp, he's had fantastic record against top 6 teams in the PL, mostly very good performances as well and not just scraping by.

just hope he never manages to replicate that form against other teams.
  36. Mar 20, 2017

ForeverRoma93 Full Member

Supports:
    A.S. Roma
    Not too bothered about a manager's weird antics (Klopp's craziness, Conte's craziness, Mou going to the dressing room before the final whistle). If Klopp guides Liverpool to CL qualification, I'd say he's had a good season considering what is a thin squad that lacks world class players and has a dodgy defence. What he has done is implement a very nice style of football and makes a team that mainly consists of good (not world class) players play as a team. That along with the atmosphere he provides or how tries to encourage I find commendable.

We shall see in May if he has succeeded this season.
  37. Mar 21, 2017

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

That was as exaggerated and fake as Conte's celebration at the end of the game this weekend. Attention seeking twats.
  38. Mar 21, 2017

Irrational. Full Member

:lol::lol:
  39. Mar 21, 2017

Ban Full Member

When I see that picture I remember how Liverpool fan or 2 here were claiming that when the game starts he doesn't act for the camera. Him standing like that is definitely an act for the camera and it's cringeworthy. I'm counting seconds until someone mentions Mourinho again.

Anyway has this been posted:

http://www.thesportbible.com/footba...no-accidentally-celebrate-adam-lallanas-miss-

Firmino started to celebrate Lallana's miss to early.
  40. Mar 21, 2017

cyberman Full Member

Jose is routinely discussed on here without Pep and Klopp being mentioned to point score or deflect.
    It's ridiculous at this stage.