Jürgen Klopp Watch | "We dropped points because of dry pitch"

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Samid, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Dec 7, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

Performance in the league generally cannot be seperated from performance in the CL. In the last 10 years only one team won the CL without being competitive in their league and that was Chelsea.

Teams like Liverpool get found out because they come up against teams that have quality through out the team. If United and Chelsea can hold Liverpool to a draw at Anfield, then better teams in Europe will fancy their chances there.

As further evidence of Liverpool's level, Liverpool had one of the easiest groups in the CL, but had the 2nd lowest points total for first place. The only other group with a lower points total for 1st place was one of the toughest groups which had Chelsea, Atletico and Roma.
  2. Dec 7, 2017

B20 Giggsy! Giggsy! Giggsy!

Ffs. :lol:
  3. Dec 7, 2017

Maradona10 Duncan Castles

If the germany/bayern jobs become available as expected and are offered to him, i think it will be hard for him to turn them down. I do think he will stay though,mainly because he might not even be offered the jobs. He has done well and made the owners spend the biggest they ever have, getting Pool in the champions league and then to Last 16, even though it was an easy group. His main test starts here, can he challenge for anything more than top 4? Can he win the F.a. cup and secure passage to Semi finals atleast? I think if he doesnt win anything at all, maybe season should be considered a faliure considering money they spent.Even though its on a player to eventually replace coutinho.
  4. Dec 7, 2017

shaky Full Member

Is this Liverpool team, who sit 14 points off the pace after 15 games, the best Liverpool team ever? Possibly the 2nd best behind the quadruple winning team that existed in their heads for those few days when they thought Lemar and VVD were about to sign in the summer.
  5. Dec 7, 2017

Klopper76 Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Interesting video about our defensive issues.

6. Dec 7, 2017

adexkola Arsenal supporter Verified Moaner City Lover

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    They are on pace for over 80 points. It's been a while since they had a team this good.
  7. Dec 7, 2017

Ban Full Member

WHy are they like that. It's either + or -, 0 or 100.
    Either the best team that ever was or they think they're completely crap. But mostly they overrate their team and players and everything. Weird bunch.
  8. Dec 8, 2017

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

They literally got 84 points, three seasons ago.
  9. Dec 8, 2017

4 years ago...
  10. Dec 8, 2017

Dorian Gray New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Which season was this? I have absolutely no recollection of this happening. Like none at all. I will go now. Something got into my eye.
  11. Dec 8, 2017

Treble Full Member

Liverpool struggled to outplay Chelsea at home just several weeks ago. Maybe Klopp not starting Mane contributed to it but they didn't look like a top team at all.
  12. Dec 8, 2017

Outplaying Chelsea is not exactly par for the course for any top team.
  13. Dec 8, 2017

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    I think Klopp said in his presser, that Henderson has the most difficult job in World football, or something.
  14. Dec 8, 2017

thegregster Harbinger of new information

(29/15)*38=73.466
  15. Dec 8, 2017

Supports:
    Huh, that's weird. Could have sworn my calculation brought it to ~82, but I stand corrected.
  16. Dec 9, 2017

ShadesOfTomato Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The same Chelsea side who comfortably outplayed Manchester Utd a few days before?

We would have taken those three points fairly comfortably but for an outrageous late equaliser from Willian.
  17. Dec 9, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

You tried to use the oldest trick in the book and thought we'd fall for it. Chelsea beat United at the Bridge which is massively different from playing away at Anfield.

Klopp is usually good at winning against big teams, but your results have been atrocious this season. 5/15 points is not good.

Compared to other top teams:
    City have 9/9 points
    Utd have 7/12 points
    Chelsea have 8/15 points
    Arsenal have 4/15 points
    Tottenham have 3/12 points

Liverpool are 14 points behind 1st place, the only good thing about them is their home form, which is still not as good as City, Utd or Arsenals home record. You are not a top team.
  18. Dec 9, 2017

SwansonsTache incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

They are actually not far off.

They mostly have the attack sorted, and with the addition of Keita which is another one tailored for their system they will benefit both in attack and midfield.

A proper DM instead of Hendo La plus two new top class cb's and they are pretty sorted.
  19. Dec 9, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

I see no definition by which you can call Liverpool a top team. Sure they might not be far off, but that's still a lot of investment which will take a few years. Liverpool cannot splash £200m every summer.

City are the only top team already in my opinion, while Utd are close to it. Its not a surprise that they have the best managers, and the most money.
  20. Dec 9, 2017

Kapardin Full Member

If Coutinho and Can leave, then they are back to square one even with Keita though.
  21. Dec 9, 2017

Keita is already bought. To buy one very good CB and one better than what they got they'll probably look at £80m, something they'll manage.

The heaviest investments are attackers that produce on the level that Mane, Salah and Coutinho does, and they have that sorted.

Can is replaceable. Keita is better than him defensively while also being far superior offensively. Coutinho is a tough one though, but if he leaves they'll get a lot of money, so they can try to reinvest.
  22. Dec 9, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

So what you are saying is that the difference between Liverpool and City is 2-3 players???

Liverpool do not have a complete starting 11, they do not have a complete squad.

Wijnaldum and Lallana are not top players, they are squad players at the best teams in the world. Henderson is not part of any top team except for that one good year he had a few years back. Only Matip in their backline is worth anything.

I see 3-4 new players in the backline (including a GK), a brand new midfield as well. The only thing good about Liverpool is their forwards. The rest of the team needs overhauling.
  23. Dec 9, 2017

Where have I said that they are that close to City?

They are close to being a top team in their own respect. They will always lag behind teams like City and United because we'll spend £150-200m every summer and also go out of our way to buy mercurial talisman type players. Liverpool doesn't have that financial clout or pull.

Two new defenders and a dm in addition to Keita though and they will be a totally different prospect than this season.
  24. Dec 9, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

You know that top team is a relative term right? City is at the top and in order to be at the top or near it you need to match their quality and depth. In order to be considered a top team in Europe you need to match the quality and depth of other top teams.

Liverpool can be a good team with 2-3 signings, but their squad needs an overhaul to be among the best teams.
  25. Dec 9, 2017

JohnnyKills Full Member

Supports:
    United
    The most difficult job in world football?

That title has to go to Richard Keys's agent.
  26. Dec 9, 2017

A few of their comedical losses this year could have ended differently if they had the new dm and two new defenders, which would put them near us on the table.

Don't see them challenging for the league in the near future though. Their best players will be picked up by others like we see with Coutinho and Barcelona. The same will happen with Salah if he performs like this for a season or two.
  27. Dec 9, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

I'm not sure about that. Their left back and goal keeper have nightmare performances several times a season. If they still have Moreno at left back and Mignolet in goal they'll still drop silly points.

To put it into perspective, Liverpool fans have been complaining about Moreno and Mignolet since Klopp got here and they are still starters.
  28. Dec 9, 2017

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

Oxlade was such an unnecessary buy...they should have bought a DM but whatever.
  29. Dec 10, 2017

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

Rests Coutinho and Firmino for the derby and takes off Salah at 1-0. Genius.
  30. Dec 10, 2017

haram Full Member

Garbage :lol:
  31. Dec 10, 2017

IAmAWinner New Member

But don't you know, he hugs his players. Also gegenpressing.
  32. Dec 10, 2017

Bwuk Full Member

Deserves it for being cocky and taking their best player off at 1-0.
  33. Dec 10, 2017

GifLord The gif that keeps on giffing

34. Dec 10, 2017

Yeah mate bench Coutinho/Firmino, that'll work out. :lol:
  35. Dec 10, 2017

breakout67 Full Member

How often have Liverpool lost a lead this season?
  36. Dec 10, 2017

11101 Full Member

Don't forget subbing their best player at 1-0. Genius management :lol:
  37. Dec 10, 2017

Supports:
    I'll join in the laugh session in a bit, but this is hindsight thinking. Bar a horrendous decision from the ref, Everton looked useless against a weakened Liverpool side.
  38. Dec 10, 2017

shaky Full Member

If Jose had rested 2 of our best players in such a game, he'd be getting pelters from everyone. I wonder if Klopp will manage to avoid all blame as usual.
  39. Dec 10, 2017

ti vu Full Member

Klopp's "Get in" posture? :lol:

Need to bookmark this for future use
  40. Dec 10, 2017

I kinda expected it. Solanke etc are not good enough yet to do the job for them as starters.