Jadon Sancho | Dortmund player now ;)

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Varun, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Feb 10, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

Martial was €80m all-in 4 years ago.
  2. Feb 10, 2019

My only concern as far as out prospects go lies with Solskjaer tbh. If he’s in charge. His current vibe is that he believes the group is pretty perfect, and the one player Sancho would threaten more than most is Jesse Lingard, who he raised as a son as they’ve both been reminding us for the last 8 weeks.

That said, any DoF or Head of Recruitment we may get may lead on such decisions so who knows? But left to Ole, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he doesn’t want to replace Lingard. Then there’s Chong, Greenwood and the United Way to consider too. I’m probably not giving him enough credit, but I do think it’s a possibility, especially with us playing well with this group.
  3. Feb 10, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Let's be serious here. None of the players we bought had the potential of Sancho.
    Many of us see Greenwood as a striker, though he can obviously play on the wing. I don't see why Greenwood can't develop while being Rashford's back up and also getting time on the right if Sancho were to be rested.
  4. Feb 10, 2019

quackattack Full Member

Another Barca signing, but one can always dream.
  5. Feb 10, 2019

Ahsan_6386 Full Member

Does Sancho count as a home grown player ? I read somewhere he doesn't for some reason . So if we are going to spend over 100 million pounds on him in future then he should be atleast counted as home grown .
  6. Feb 10, 2019

Fortitude TV/Monitor Expert Scout

If I were to put money on this, Sancho goes straight to Spain from Dortmund.
  7. Feb 10, 2019

Brightonian Full Member

He says all the right things out loud, which is great, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have his eye on some significant signings, whether or not he expects to actually be the one to pursue them. Let's face it, one of the main reasons managers want to go to big clubs is to have the opportunity to sign the best and most exciting players. His positive attitude about our existing squad doesn't mean he's complacent or that he wouldn't seek to strengthen it.

Just watched the Hoffenheim game in full. Absolutely unplayable from Sancho. He's the real deal, I'd pay whatever to get him.
  8. Feb 10, 2019

Judas Open to offers

Using Greenwood as a reason not to buy Sancho is a bit naive to me. Greenwood has bags of potential, he looks like he could be the real deal, but he wouldn't be the first youngster to look a cut above youth level and the reserves to struggle and not make it when it comes to being a first team player. You just never know. He's not guaranteed to be a star. Sancho already is a star. If you can get the best, you buy the best, especially when it's an English youngster like him, those are without a doubt the players Man Utd have always traditionally gone after, and I'm sure that'll be the case under the next manager.

To be fair, I think it's a bit of a moot point as I'd be shocked if Sancho went anywhere in the summer, even though I expect us and other teams to try. So the likes of Greenwood and Chong may get a chance next season to stake a claim.
  9. Feb 10, 2019

gaucho_10 Full Member

I'm pretty sure Real is not going to be interested in this kid. The club already signed Rodrygo.
  10. Feb 10, 2019

Hope so! ;)
  11. Feb 10, 2019

gaucho_10 Full Member

If I could put money I'd do it. That's how certain I am.

Real spent close to 100 mil € on Vinicius (LW) and Rodrygo (RW) last summer. They are two highly rated 18 year old wingers. No way they'll be spending a cent on another one of those, specially when we already know it will be a bidding war between European top clubs to sign Sancho.
  12. Feb 10, 2019

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's Scout

He was at Watford from the age of 7 until Man City bought him. If he is not homegrown then I don't know who is!
  13. Feb 10, 2019

Castia Full Member

Probably the biggest talent in world football for his age.

We should go all out and make him our main target, he’d be amazing on our right side.
  14. Feb 10, 2019

Nicklas Full Member

Has there been any reliable rumours linking him to us?
  15. Feb 10, 2019

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

For him to be homegrown he would have to be at an English club for 3 years during his ages of 15-21. So he might not qualify since I think he left England when he was 17.
  16. Feb 10, 2019

Thiagoal Full Member

Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial in 3 years could be the most exciting forward line in world football; we should go all out for Sancho ASAP.
  17. Feb 10, 2019

BrianMcClair'sBarnet Full Member

No.
  18. Feb 10, 2019

I hope you're right! :drool:

don't think he's been linked to anyone at all yet. Those fun and games will enter the equation soon enough.
  19. Feb 10, 2019

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's Scout

If that's rule then fair enough.

Seems bonkers that an English kid can be in at an English club from 7 to 17 and not be considered homegrown but Lukaku or Fabregas or Pogba is. Just poach them at 16 or buy them at 18.
  20. Feb 10, 2019

Not sure if it’s 3 cumulative years though. If we signed Sancho at 19, he’d do 2 years before he turns 21, but then can’t that be added to the years he spent in England between 15 and 17?
  21. Feb 10, 2019

paulscholes18 Full Member

Correct as Eric Dier doesn’t count as homegrown for Spurs
  22. Feb 10, 2019

MJJ Full Member

Hasnt vinicius being playing as a striker?
  23. Feb 10, 2019

NYAS Full Member

Rodrygo is a LW isn’t he? I could see Real wanting to have the two best 2000-born players on either wing; Vinicius at LW and Sancho at RW.

I don’t think money would be an obstacle either considering you’ve barely spent any in recent years and need to heavily invest in your attack, especially as Eriksen will probably arrive on a discount given he has a year remaining on his contract, and you’ve gone for the relatively cheaper defensive option in Eder Militao instead of pursuing the likes of De Ligt/Koulibaly.
  24. Feb 10, 2019

That is one of the reasons English clubs poach so much players when they are 16.
  25. Feb 10, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

There's only one person who's dense around here and it's the chap who can't remember what he said days ago
  26. Feb 10, 2019

yumtum DUX' bumchum

Are you one of those that include all the bonuses we'd have to pay in a transfer?

He cost us £36m with 3 clauses of £7.2m, and he's only going to achieve one of those clauses (score 25 goals in 4 years) so his total transfer is £43.2m, far cry from €80m. Unless he suddenly gets another 7 caps for France and wins the Ballon d'Or before June?
  27. Feb 10, 2019

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

16 goals + assists in the Bundesliga. 18 years old.
  28. Feb 10, 2019

He would probably have those 7 caps if it wasn't for Mourinho. So I guess Mourinho saved the club some money.
  29. Feb 10, 2019

Sancho’s deal to whoever will likely be structured similarly.
  30. Feb 10, 2019

yumtum DUX' bumchum

Definitely, probably why Woodward kept You so long...

@Rozay absolutely, just with bigger numbers :lol:
  31. Feb 10, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Yep. Having one of Rashford or Greenwood as the back up striker would be fantastic. United should be trying to create a very dynamic and technical 11 knowing that we already have Pogba, Martial, Rashford, and prospects like Greenwood and Gomes.
  32. Feb 10, 2019

Gambit Desperately wants to be a Muppet

I believe Chong is being overlooked by many.
  33. Feb 10, 2019

gaucho_10 Full Member

LW

Rodrygo plays both positions. I don't know how good he is but in those youtube compilations you often see him on the right.

We're not spending much but one of the reasons is that the club can not compete on the market with likes of PSG or Man City so they rather gamble 100 mil € on Vinicius and Rodrygo then wait for a player to become a superstar because by then it's too late.

The issue is not transfer fee, it's wages. Some of the clubs pay ridiculous amounts to secure these young players. I'm not criticizing them, but it's wages on the level of Kroos, Modric, Ramos or Benzema. Real can't have young nobodies getting payed the same as experienced serial winners. It would blow up the locker room instantly. Obviously it's completely different for the likes of PSG. They can and they will do it so we need to have a workaround.
  34. Feb 10, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Chong should be integrated as a back up. His control can get loose when dribbling, isn't a particularly good finisher, and he seems to only think to drive at players. And I like that he's always playing on fast forward and is very direct. However, out of he, Greenwood, and Gomes, I would be the least surprised if he was the one who didn't make the step up.

We'll see though. If he can gain some strength, maybe he takes off. He's been underwhelming to me this season, but was great last season.
  35. Feb 10, 2019

So you don't think Neymar is coming your way?
  36. Feb 10, 2019

The holy trinity 68 The disparager

Mkhitaryan was Bundesliga player of the year then flopped in the PL. The PL is a different kettle of fish to the Bundesliga, it would be a big risk to sign Sancho, especially for the fee that he would cost.
  37. Feb 10, 2019

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

Mkhitaryan was not 18 in that season. Here lies the difference. Sancho is exceptionally mature for his age. Besides, Mkhitaryan flopped at United but isn't a "flop" for Arsenal. And for every Mkhitaryan there is a Son, Sane and De Bruyne.
  38. Feb 10, 2019

saivet Full Member

Is he not? He's been pretty rubbish for them, just better than Sanchez who has been largely terrible for us.
  39. Feb 10, 2019

SilentStrike New Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    Mkhitaryan was never the best player in the Bundesliga. Don't know why I keep on reading that. Out of 3 he had 2 and a half very poor seasons, and a 6 good months after which Mourinho bought him for an offer Dortmund could't refuse. And that's not because the sum was so high, but because the player was considered a flop.
  40. Feb 10, 2019

gaucho_10 Full Member

I think that ship has sailed and with Vinicius playing better day by day hopefully Perez will completely forget about Neymar. Hazard is also somewhat vocal about his future lately and I think we'll sign him in the summer for 100 mil €.