John Terry | Episode 22: John is banned for Racism

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Raoul, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Jul 20, 2010

MacMUFC Banned

Huh? He missed a penalty that won us the CL, so that was good I guess. I cant believe i'm even debating whether or not Terry was better than Ferdinand and Vidic in 2008 and 2009, those two were absolutely miles ahead of Terry in those years. Whats more, is that Ferdinand and Vidic were both in the PFA team of the year, which I feel is a better indication of a player's form over the course of the year, but as we know with FIFA, Ballon D'or etc, they'd rather pick players on past reputation, just the likes of Kaka.
  2. Jul 20, 2010

kouroux Full Member

I didn't say Terry was better than Rio/Vidic in 2008/2009 did I ? It's not like Terry was playing like a bag of shit either.He was a very good defender.
    I just wonder, why is it mostly United fans (me included) that think Terry didn't deserve those awards.I've had the chance to ask the question to many different people and they didn't find a problem as much as we do on the subject
  3. Jul 20, 2010

Cutch Shit stirrer (Literally)

People are seriously saying Wes Brown is a better player than John Terry.....feck me
  4. Jul 20, 2010

MacMUFC Banned

You were almost implying it though.

As for why we think Ferdinand and Vidic were better; because it was simply obvious. In 2008, where Ferdinand led us as captain to the double, the media, fans almost everybody agreed he was the best defender in the world at the time, but for some reason, UEFA and to a lesser extent, FIFA didnt agree. Then you have Vidic, who almost won the PFA player of the year, won the awards given by our clubs, yet the Bigman storms in and takes the cream of the crop, which was the UEFA defender of the year of award, it just didnt add up.

I dont know which fans you've been speaking to and whether they're regular viewers of the Premer League (as you live in France right?), but my friends who support different teams would tell me the same thing - Ferdinand and Vidic are/were better than Terry.
  5. Jul 20, 2010

kouroux Full Member

No I wasn't.

They're part of official fans group of different P.L clubs, they often travel to watch matches in the stadiums for many years therefore it's fair to say they know about PL football.However it's just opinions so ...
  6. Jul 20, 2010

Boss Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker

I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
    Terry doesn't even have to be that good to get nominated into FIFPro World XI
  7. Jul 20, 2010

adexkola American Arse

Tristate. In the street like a hooker's feet
    Does Vidic not make those last ditch tackles?

Different defenders have different styles of defending, as long as it works, I don't see a problem. Of course some may look more sophisticated, but as long as the ball stays out of the neck, who gives a feck?

Terry and Rio complement themselves, just as Vidic with his last ditch tackles and Rio and his swagga style do
  8. Jul 20, 2010

adexkola American Arse

Vidic and Ferdinand were the best defenders in 2009 and 2008 respectively, ahead of Terry. That does not negate the fact that Terry was and still is a very good defender, with a few good years ahead of him
  9. Jul 20, 2010

204Red Full Member

I think there's two main schools of thought here...

1. Drop Terry because he is a bad player... I'm not sure this holds true, he is clearly not a bad player, and is generally better than a host of English players (Wes Brown included) who would take his place should he be dropped from the national team. Although I would argue that the quality of his play has declined over the past couple of seasons, at least he has the potential to regain that form.

2. Drop Terry because he is a cancer in the dressing room who brings negativity to the squad and because he is bereft of any moral compass and believes that his presence is bigger than the team.

Argument two seems to hold more water with me. Lots of football teams put up with cnuts like Terry because they do the job on the pitch (and generally better than most around them). But when the quality of their play drops off (as I think most would argue Terry's has in recent seasons) then it becomes very hard to look past all of the non-footballing reasons for them to be left out of the side. Compare Terry to say David Beckham who was injured, despite his injury Capello felt he had a role to play behind the scenes... and by all accounts Beckham was a positive influence on the squad. Can anyone say anything Terry has done since stripped of the Captaincy has been anything resembling positive?

If England was a club side, I guarentee they'd be trying to sell Terry.
  10. Nov 19, 2010

wr8_utd :'(

h John Terry. If ever there was a footballer worthy of mocking and hatred, it is him.

After shagging the mother of Wayne Bridge’s child, the man who was his England team mate and a friend, Terry was rightly stripped of the captaincy. Chelsea fans responded by adoring him all the more and booing Bridge.

Terry attempted a revolt at the World Cup, organising a press conference to talk about what was going on behind the scenes. This failed and left Terry with egg on his face.

Today he has revealed what a man he is for taking it on the chin and how he should be proud of being first choice for Steve McClaren and Fabio Capello. Of course, not a dig at Rio Ferdinand, just asserting himself as the biggest, bestest and bravest, like usual.

“I suppose the only time I felt disappointed was during the next game against Egypt, which was a friendly, and the armband got passed around between five or six players,” said Terry. “I just felt, ‘OK, I’ve been stripped of the captaincy, but don’t take the piss out of me’. Fabio had told me at the meeting that I was still a big voice in the dressing room and he wanted that to continue, but on the night it felt the opposite. Had I got the armband third, even fourth, I would have been happy, but Steven Gerrard was captain and first he went off, then Frank Lampard got it, and then Lamps went off and they gave it to Gareth Barry, and then he went off and it was anybody’s. I think they would have given it to one of the stewards ahead of me. Even if it was a friendly, we were still there to win and you should put your best people in charge. People might not like to hear this, but I just thought it was a little disrespectful. I had no choice but to get on with it, though. That is how I feel now. I don’t envisage I will be captain again, but for two England managers, Steve McClaren and Fabio Capello, I was their first choice and I’m proud of that.”

But just in case you wondered, Terry is still feeling the hurt of that magnificent penalty miss in Moscow.

“I said to Fabio I would continue to train and play exactly as I had before, then we shook hands and that was it. I’m not saying it was a good day. Only the penalty miss for Chelsea in the Champions League final hurt as much, but we have moved on.”

RoM
  11. Nov 19, 2010

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

:lol:

Terry
  12. Nov 19, 2010

MacMUFC Banned

You know what, credit where credits due. Fair play to JT, theres so many cnuts in football, but this guy manages to top them all, I mean, really.
  13. Nov 19, 2010

Allforone Full Member

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
    Thats why he feigns injury to miss England games these days, hes all upset hes not main man anymore, cant understand how hes just another part of the group so he throws his toys out the pram.

Big man.
  14. Nov 19, 2010

kleberson_ Full Member

From a swedes point of view, the quality of the CB's isn't the problem. The problem is that Capello continue to pick Gareth Barry as a holding midfielder all the time, I mean, the player has got no pace what so ever. My grandmother can walk faster than he runs. And he has been useless for England the last 1½ years or so, can't believe he is still starting after WC.

Capello has lost the plot, I really pity you. NOT ;)
  15. Nov 19, 2010

Redlambs Creator of the Caftards comics

Officially the best poker player on RAWK. Your cas
    What, England's lion is a bit upset so plays the Giggs card? Say it ain't so!

Just typing that would have saved your fingers and everyone would know and agree with you.
  16. Nov 19, 2010

Zen86 Full Member

[​IMG]
  17. Nov 19, 2010

B Cantona Desperate

There are more problems than just that, but you're quite right

I can't believe all the money City have at their disposal, and they waste so much on Barry and Milner. Think you're gunna win the league and dominate Europe with that?!
  18. Apr 10, 2011

vanrooney Full Member

19. Apr 10, 2011

kouroux Full Member

wtf :lol:
  20. Apr 10, 2011

Starkie_1 Full Member

Pretty pathetic that this even got an online article.
  21. Apr 10, 2011

MacMUFC Banned

England's lion.
  22. Apr 10, 2011

Alex Banned

[​IMG]
  23. Apr 10, 2011

WR Formerly Wayne_Rooney

I agree. Who genuinely covers a chav's day out with their kids?

Well, it is The Sun.
  24. Apr 10, 2011

TheHorse'sMouth Full Member

The feck :lol:
  25. Apr 10, 2011

thoward It's not a lisp!

26. Apr 10, 2011

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

To be fair to him, that's a pretty good way to disguise yourself from the general public, on a day out with your family.

If I walked past him I wouldn't think "there's that twat John Terry" I'd just think "there's a twat with tiger facepaint."
  27. Apr 10, 2011

BaldwinLegend Full Member

Agree with Kraftwerker - it's clearly a way to take the family out without getting recognised constantly.
  28. Apr 10, 2011

Bread Full Member

Why do footballers never play in facepaint?!? would be brilliantly distracting
  29. May 12, 2011

prateik City Fan

Was watching the HLs from the game against Chelsea.
    What has happened to him? Looked like he has aged 20 years in the last few months
  30. May 12, 2011

MacMUFC Banned

He plays like he's aged about 20 years too.
  31. Oct 29, 2011

evra Full Member

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
    I just lost a potential £80 but that was still fecking hilarious.
  32. Oct 29, 2011

Crustanoid Full Member

lol
  33. Oct 29, 2011

OneToAnother Full Member

Couldn't have happened to a bigger twat :lol: old lionheart doing his bambi impression.
  34. Oct 29, 2011

evra Full Member

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
    My second favourite JT slip of all time.
  35. Oct 29, 2011

finneh Full Member

I'm not even sure it was a slip, he just looked like he was so unbelievably beat for pace that he just collapsed to the ground.
  36. Oct 29, 2011

prateik City Fan

[​IMG]
  37. Oct 29, 2011

adexkola American Arse

:lol: That's how I see it
  38. Oct 29, 2011

adexkola American Arse

With the first being :D
  39. Oct 29, 2011

JayWalker Ball Spotter

Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
    :lol: Terry.
  40. Oct 29, 2011

MacMUFC Banned

Looked like he slipped on a banana skin..