Jose Mourinho admits he is powerless to stop Marouane Fellaini leaving Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by van der star, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Feb 7, 2018

Jonty New Member

Never been a fan but under Mourinho he had been deployed better at times but i think the injuries this season are indicative of what's to come. Think its time for him to move on a close a dark chapter in United history.
  2. Feb 7, 2018

Craig Ward Full Member

He's needed to go for a long time.

He has improved under Jose, but still part of the deadwood that needs moving on.

Will be absolutely no loss to us
  3. Feb 7, 2018

Rifer Full Member

We have Scott McTominay for the physicality + more basic abilities as a CM/CDM, and retained that afro in Tahith Chong. Thanks for all the great services, go and have a well deserved retirement elsewhere, for sure Fellaini will be remembered in many mixed views of appreciation, the sincere ones and otherwise.
  4. Feb 7, 2018

Reiver Full Member

It's not a crisis. I've been a defender of Fellaini but I have no problem with letting him go. We can, and need, to bring in better quality central midfielders than him.
  5. Feb 7, 2018

Hanky panky New Member

I hope he will go. Don't rate him at all.
  6. Feb 8, 2018

Mr Mata New Member

I think all of these comments saying he needs to go are bizarre. He’s an excellent squad player to have around and capable of turning a match on its head, an absolute prick on the field to deal with I would imagine but he’s our prick. I hope he stays with us, excellent rotational option for when the fixtures start to pile up.
  7. Feb 8, 2018

ti vu Full Member

Your point is valid and all, but if his fitness stays like this season, with him being in 30s and insisting for higher wage, then people have a point about entertaining other options. Anything needs to be reasonable, which Fellaini's wage demand for the new contract is not
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  8. Feb 8, 2018

Johannes Martinus New Member

I for one am excited about the potential replacement his wages will fetch
  9. Feb 8, 2018

Giant Midget Aka - rooney_10119

If he does leave, he hasn’t had that bad a time at United, has he?

Won the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League. Not a bad return for an above-average at best player
  10. Feb 8, 2018

NotoriousISSY $10mil and I fecked it up!

It’s not a big loss.

If he stays he’s certainly a useful option, if he goes a squad place opens up for McTominay permanently + at least one fancy player in the summer given Carrick’s impending retirement.

Everything he can do bar controlling with his chest and elbowing in the face can be done by the others.
  11. Feb 8, 2018

groovyalbert Full Member

Appreciate what he's done, and he did well to win favour with the club after his first season here.

Won't be sad to see him leave though. Even if it means dropping a few points here and there to begin with, I like the idea of us developing a more complex plan b.
  12. Feb 8, 2018

shamans 1 set of sheets, optimistic about chances of sex

What we (this forum) has considered good enough/better than Fellaini in the past:

Cleverly, Herrera, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger in his last season here.

You believe Fellaini offers nothing other than an occasional goal means you simply don't understand his game.
  13. Apr 30, 2018

United_We_Stand Full Member

Rob Dawson:
    Marouane Fellaini would prefer to stay at Manchester United this summer but is keen to sign a longer deal than the one currently on the table.
    United have often chosen to offer players over 30 one-year extensions. But sources said Fellaini is reluctant to sign on for just 12 months and would prefer a contract more in line with the one Antonio Valencia agreed in 2017. The Ecuador international, then 31, signed a two-year contract with the option of another season.
  14. Apr 30, 2018

Bastian Full Member

Understandable.
  15. Apr 30, 2018

Carlsen19 Full Member

No thanks.
  16. Apr 30, 2018

Rajma Full Member

It would be a huge statement from the club if we can secure Fellaini's signature and get him tied here for another 3 years.
  17. Apr 30, 2018

wolvored Full Member

If we cant do better than sign on Fellaini again we might as well pack up. The tactics and dire play will be exactly the same as the last 2 years and that wont be good enough to win the league. Surely a world class or as near as dammit central midfielder who can carry the ball forward and pass through the eye of a needle should be sought after.
  18. Apr 30, 2018

arthurka Full Member

Yes not a statement of intent by any means ..
  19. Apr 30, 2018

Handré1990 Full Member

He’s done much better here than I expected, which is a long way from good enough. I hope he goes.

Edit: Might seem like I can’t stand him, which is not the case. I just see it as a chance to improve the team.
  20. Apr 30, 2018

whatwha Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Exactly. We should be doing better than giving in to fecking Fellaini.
  21. May 1, 2018

Ramshock CAF Pilib De Brún Translator

Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
    I agree lets give him 5 years.
  22. May 1, 2018

edgar allan Full Member

A statement that we are happy to continue to overpay players for mediocrity
  23. May 1, 2018

Bastian Full Member

I kind of agree with this. I'd definitely prefer signing 2 good enough midfielders over one, with Fellaini signing elsewhere. But with the priorities at the back and maybe addressing the right wing, it might not be doable with regards to the recent 150m budget per season. We might need to hold onto him simply because we can't fix all the issues in one window. If it's not a huge contract disproportional to what he offers, I don't mind. But he can't be more than a squad player of course.
  24. May 1, 2018

Handré1990 Full Member

Yeah, if that is the budget. Hope that’s not the way they think though. They could for instance demand the CMs (two I hope) be max 27-ish, and thus hopefully be our future for at least 4-5 years along with our other young-ish CMs, bar Matic of course. I’d absolutely love a great RW, but I think we could make do if we get two fullbacks who are good and hit the ground running. Is it too much to ask for? Yes, other Barry, it probably is.. :nervous:
  25. May 1, 2018

Denis79 Full Member

We're offering him an one year contract because we need to strengthen other areas aswell I'm guessing. If we lose Fellaini and Carrick this summer we'll need 2 CMs on top of our other targets. I rather he stays on another year and we buy 2-3 quality players that will solve some of our problems, like full-backs and a RW than he leaves and we replace him with some squad player, no better than him on a 4 year contract and have less to spend on the positions we really need.
  26. May 1, 2018

ChaddyP Full Member

Supports:
    Banned from Pogba thread
    Get him signed up
  27. May 1, 2018

Ronaldo's Mum Eh? Ronaldo is shite

This.

Get rid of him.
  28. May 1, 2018

Djemba-Djemba Full Member

He's going to end up getting a fecking testimonial isn't he?

We'll never be shot of him.
  29. May 1, 2018

Striker10 "Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

He isn't the problem in our game. Football is a squad game. The problem is mostly out wide and at full back. It depends how ambitious we are in terms of midfield recruitment but he's not the issue. We need to start freshening up the squad and we need PROPER squad investment and sound promotion from within.
  30. May 1, 2018

United_We_Stand Full Member

31. May 1, 2018

RedPed Full Member

If United bend over backwards to keep Fellaini and allow Martial to leave.....I won't be held responsible for my actions!
  32. May 1, 2018

Oh feck this shit
  33. May 1, 2018

izec Full Member

Found my peace knowing he will be off. Now it looks like he will be staying. Cant wait to see him in many games playing long balls to him as our main source of creativity
  34. May 1, 2018

Plan A: hope for an individual piece of brilliance, with Martial having been sold, and Alexis being past his best. Plan B in every game we aren't winning: hoof it to Fellaini!

:drool:
  35. May 1, 2018

snk123 Full Member

Most underrated player ever in the history of the club. Scores crucial crucial goals. The only problem is when he starts. He should not be starting but can be devastating when we're behind or need to see the game off. Amazing player to bring from the bench!
  36. May 1, 2018

SwansonsTache incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

Do not mind this as long as he is content with the odd cameo from the bench, plus cups and dead rubbers.
  37. May 1, 2018

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    The simple fact there is so little speculation about
    The fact that there is no other club* willing to take him speaks volumes.

* i haven't read any rumors indicating intrests of other clubs
  38. May 1, 2018

Snow Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Doesn't score more crucial goals than any other player that scores few goals.

He shouldn't start and he shouldn't play unless Ashley Young is also playing and that means continuing to play Ashley Young which isn't optimal.
  39. May 1, 2018

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

I guess we'll be stuck with him for the foreseeable future. I don't have anything against the guy. He works hard and is probably well loved by the players and the staff off the pitch. But we will never be a threat whilst Fellaini is amongst our ranks. This is the reality. Prepare for more Sevilla type games in the future. One bad injury or suspension and he'll be straight back in so keeping him even as a squad player is pointless IMO. Squad players will still have to play a lot of games. City have the likes of Gundogan in reserve and we want to keep Fellaini. It's quite depressing.

I'm not saying Gundogan is a squad player but he's started majority of City games on the bench this season and when called upon has staked his claim for a starting spot which he's earned. The drop off between Fernandinho and Gundogan or Silva and Gundogan is very minimal. The drop off between our hopefully strengthened midfield and a player like Fellaini is too much. I want our squad players/bench players to be able to push the starters and have quality. This will in turn raise the level of the entire squad. Fellaini is nowhere near being a starter in our current midfield so how is he supposed to get in to our hopefully much improved midfield next season? Very disappointed. I will continue to support Fellaini whilst he's here but I guess we have to lower our expectations if he's going to be a key player again next season.
  40. May 1, 2018

NotATroll Banned

Couldn't care less. Fellaini is a player that has actually performed for us over the years, unlike dross such as Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin. We don't know that another player coming would perform well. Consistency is important.