Jose Mourinho admits he is powerless to stop Marouane Fellaini leaving Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by van der star, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Feb 7, 2018

Jonty New Member

Never been a fan but under Mourinho he had been deployed better at times but i think the injuries this season are indicative of what's to come. Think its time for him to move on a close a dark chapter in United history.
  2. Feb 7, 2018

Craig Ward Full Member

He's needed to go for a long time.

He has improved under Jose, but still part of the deadwood that needs moving on.

Will be absolutely no loss to us
  3. Feb 7, 2018

Rifer Full Member

We have Scott McTominay for the physicality + more basic abilities as a CM/CDM, and retained that afro in Tahith Chong. Thanks for all the great services, go and have a well deserved retirement elsewhere, for sure Fellaini will be remembered in many mixed views of appreciation, the sincere ones and otherwise.
  4. Feb 7, 2018

Reiver Full Member

It's not a crisis. I've been a defender of Fellaini but I have no problem with letting him go. We can, and need, to bring in better quality central midfielders than him.
  5. Feb 7, 2018

Hanky panky New Member

I hope he will go. Don't rate him at all.
  6. Feb 8, 2018

Mr Mata New Member

I think all of these comments saying he needs to go are bizarre. He’s an excellent squad player to have around and capable of turning a match on its head, an absolute prick on the field to deal with I would imagine but he’s our prick. I hope he stays with us, excellent rotational option for when the fixtures start to pile up.
  7. Feb 8, 2018

ti vu Full Member

Your point is valid and all, but if his fitness stays like this season, with him being in 30s and insisting for higher wage, then people have a point about entertaining other options. Anything needs to be reasonable, which Fellaini's wage demand for the new contract is not
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  8. Feb 8, 2018

Johannes Martinus New Member

I for one am excited about the potential replacement his wages will fetch
  9. Feb 8, 2018

Giant Midget Aka - rooney_10119

If he does leave, he hasn’t had that bad a time at United, has he?

Won the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League. Not a bad return for an above-average at best player
  10. Feb 8, 2018

NotoriousISSY $10mil and I fecked it up!

It’s not a big loss.

If he stays he’s certainly a useful option, if he goes a squad place opens up for McTominay permanently + at least one fancy player in the summer given Carrick’s impending retirement.

Everything he can do bar controlling with his chest and elbowing in the face can be done by the others.
  11. Feb 8, 2018

groovyalbert Full Member

Appreciate what he's done, and he did well to win favour with the club after his first season here.

Won't be sad to see him leave though. Even if it means dropping a few points here and there to begin with, I like the idea of us developing a more complex plan b.
  12. Feb 8, 2018

shamans 1 set of sheets, optimistic about chances of sex

What we (this forum) has considered good enough/better than Fellaini in the past:

Cleverly, Herrera, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger in his last season here.

You believe Fellaini offers nothing other than an occasional goal means you simply don't understand his game.