1. Draft game threads in the Football Forum have been moved to a new Draft Games Sub-Forum. This is to keep the Football Forum more on topic.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Jose Mourinho interview: talks Fellaini injury, our improvement this season and the Liverpool game

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by SomeRandomPerson, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Oct 11, 2017

SomeRandomPerson Full Member

Interview with Jose Mourinho as he previews our game against Liverpool:

Quite an interesting interview in my opinion and I just love how confindent Mourinho's demeanour is this season in general and in this interview in particular.

Especially loved the part about how at a big club, every game is a cup final; the pressure is on you to win every game. Also good bits about our squad, his trust in the players and his man-management. Only 10-odd minutes but I enjoyed it.

Thoughts?
  2. Oct 11, 2017

clarkydaz Full Member

he gets his name wrong, how do you do that?
  3. Oct 11, 2017

carlosp Full Member

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/liverpool-vs-manchester-united.432825/page-17#post-21583930
  4. Oct 11, 2017

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  5. Oct 11, 2017

Ronaldo's Mum Eh? Ronaldo is shite

He's an incredible manager. Can't wait to see more of him.
  6. Oct 11, 2017

freeurmind weak willed

Based on the look on Jose's face after that and that short worder answer to the first question, you can imagine Jose was thinking "What a cnut".
  7. Oct 11, 2017

freeurmind weak willed

Also Martinez can feck off with our players getting injured in meaningless games and not even giving the manager a courtesy call to give him an update.
  8. Oct 11, 2017

Camy89 Love Island obsessive

Questions in the first half were poor. Questions in the second half were better, trying to gain a better insight into his thinking.

Mourinho throughout was coy and kept his cards close to his chest, he gave pretty much nothing away with regards planning for the Liverpool game and was pretty stoney faced throughout the rest of the interview. He even repeated phrases the interviewer gave him to maintain the generally neutral edge to the interview.

He couldn't get the microphone off quick enough.

Classic Jose. Gives nothing away, poker face, knows how to handle the media and knows how his words might be misconstrued against him so keeps it simple, clean and tactically neutral. Good man.
  9. Oct 11, 2017

P-Nut0712 fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Good watch that. He really does seem to be getting his swagger back this season.
  10. Oct 11, 2017

MZX7 @Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius

Seriously bad interviewer. Doesn't help that Jose has mastered his diplomatic ways of answering questions and has a poker face.
  11. Oct 11, 2017

jymufc20 New Member

Might just be me but i sensed a sly dig at Klopp in there. He said "Liverpool have great team, great stadium, fans" ect.
    He never mentioned them having a great manager.

Which i know they have not got but they haven't got a great team or fans in my view either.
  12. Oct 11, 2017

yfoFC Full Member

Is it just me or does anyone else think Jose's eyes look puffy in the video like he hasn't gotten some quality sleep recently?

Or maybe that's just old age catching up to him and I haven't noticed it before
  13. Oct 11, 2017

kotha Full Member

How does a guy end up getting an opportunity to interview Mourinho and then proceeds to call him Maureen.. :houllier:
  14. Oct 11, 2017

Aniefiok Banned

He used to sound more enthusiastic with the "how long are you staying at United question"... Now he's all "football, you never know"...:(
  15. Oct 11, 2017

Aniefiok Banned

B.. B... But they sing :(, they sing you will never flop alone :(
  16. Oct 11, 2017

Jaybomb Banned

Jose Maureen :lol:

Fecking hell.
  17. Oct 11, 2017

Ducklegs Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yes I found it flat and uninteresting.

From past interviews it seems to be really quite difficult to make Jose look dull and uninteresting, but this guy managed it seemingly without trying.
  18. Oct 11, 2017

Rado_N Yaaas Broncos!

Awful interviewer, Mourinho looked bored.
  19. Oct 11, 2017

Morpheus 7 Full Member

The sith lord in the dark, giving nothing away. Arms folded and basically counting down the minutes for the interview to be over. It doesn't help when you are asked rubbish questions. Mourihno loves the media as much as me, he just refuses to play ball. He's almost emotionless when talking to them.
  20. Oct 11, 2017

SirAF Ageist

:drool:
  21. Oct 11, 2017

Joeace2020 New Member

WTF!!! Maureen? That's a demeaning way rival fans refer to Mourinho - to mean a girl. And they uploaded it? This is for preview for the Liverpool vs United game. Like seriously who would allow such an unskilled interviewer do this? His questions where unsettling. Like no deep insight, just a barrage of meaningless questions and i am amazed he called this a review for a game where there's only one question with regards to it.
  22. Oct 11, 2017

lonelyred Full Member

He basically asked Mourinho who's going to play instead of Fellaini ("Would Ander..."). How stupid was that? "Give us the team sheet, please."

Annoyed Jose a bit as well.
  23. Oct 11, 2017

Kostur Full Member

Jose Maureen?
  24. Oct 11, 2017

Needham Full Member

"And i fought....pphhhfffttt! ......why?" Quintessential Jose.
  25. Oct 11, 2017

Schmiznurf Full Member

I'm guessing the interviewer sucked a lot of d to get that interview because there's no way his merit was instrumental in getting it.
  26. Oct 11, 2017

emdee04 New Member

Either the interviewer is a Liverpool fan and pissed off Mourinho with his weird questions or Mourinho needs some sleep going by how heavy his eyes look. Which is it:confused:
  27. Oct 11, 2017

Tom Van Persie No relation

Wow this guy interviewing Jose fecking sucks.
  28. Oct 11, 2017

Adebesi Full Member

I think he was more acknowledging that it could be taken out of his hands if the results werent up to scratch. I took it to be a sign of modesty. Honestly, I think he would have settled at Chelsea for the long haul the second time if things hadnt all gone pear shaped there, and having been through that chastening experience he doesnt want to take anything for granted.

At the end of that comment he said: "... all I know is I want to [stay here]." So I dont think it is a question of enthusiasm.
  29. Oct 11, 2017

Adebesi Full Member

Who actually is the interviewer? If not the person, which media organisation was it?
  30. Oct 11, 2017

Zebs Clare Bald'ings Daughter

I genuinely thought this was one of those videos where they've dubbed questions over the actual interview for the first 2/3 minutes.

What a load of bollox.
  31. Oct 11, 2017

Chicharito_ Full Member

Maureen/Mourinho

Will have to double check with the Portuguese posters on here but when I was living over there they never pronounces the o's, so they would always call CR7 - Ronald. I remember trying to get a taxi to Bairro Alto in Lisbon and they couldn't understand what I was saying when I was pronouncing the o's, so I wrote it in my phone and the driver was like "ahh Bairr Alt".

Still stupid to call him Maureen over here though when you're an English interviewer as he is only known as Mourinho.

@Sly
  32. Oct 11, 2017

whatwha Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Wonder why he bothered to give an interview to these nobodies. Very flat. Poor interviewer.

Also noticed he didn't seem as enthusiastic about staying here for many years now, but it may not mean anything.
  33. Oct 11, 2017

el3mel Full Member

I think that was a pretty boring interview. Interviewer was terrible and Jose wasn't interested at all in the questions. I felt at some point Jose wanted to scream " give me a break" from the stupidity of the question. It doesn't seem he wanted to do that interview from the start.
  34. Oct 11, 2017

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

A lot of managers wouldn't. Seriously stupid questions for that first half.

Probably more cautious now after hyping up staying at Chelsea for a while then the collapse in the third season. He'll probably talk it up a bit more if all is still well in 2 seasons time.
  35. Oct 11, 2017

United_We_Stand Full Member

The Mail claims Mourinho initially refused to be interviewed by Sky.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-4967500/Sky-Sports-man-Jose-Mourinho-snub.html
  36. Oct 11, 2017

Devil may care Full Member Verified Moaner

Yes, had to "put up with it" while counting all those trophies.
  37. Oct 11, 2017

Raoul Admin Staff

Thought the interview was pretty cringeworthy as Jose didn't seem particularly enthused about having to do an interview where he would be asked the same expired, recycled questions.
  38. Oct 11, 2017

#07 makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I don't think that's right. The way Portuguese speakers prounouce certain vowels when paired can make them sound short. However, they definitely pronounce 'o's in names. Joao is one of the most common names and the o's are very much said.

Also, I've heard Mourinho's name said by native Portugese speakers from Europe, Africa and Latin America and I've never seen it pronounced the way this interviewer does it.
  39. Oct 11, 2017

carlosp Full Member

I think it was right from the start when the interviewer called him Maureen. At 30 secs he crosses his arms and it's game over right there. Mourinho answers his questions but they are all curt.
  40. Oct 11, 2017

Adebesi Full Member

I definitely agree the questions posed by this interviewer were pretty lame but at the same time, I was thinking as I watched it that I didnt envy his job. I mean, it would obviously be wonderful to meet Mourinho and chat with him, but if I had to interview him, and knowing how close he keeps his cards to his chest, it would be difficult. Generally speaking, knowing how he is likely to respond to certain questions - difficult, meaningful or controversial questions - what would you ask him? As Raoul said, these are tired, recycled questions, but what fresh, original questions would you ask? Questions that he would actually answer on camera?