Jose Mourinho's press conference - Watford (A) | 10:30 BST | OP edited with full quotes

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Utdfrom2002, Sep 14, 2018 at 08:00.

1. Sep 14, 2018 at 08:00

Utdfrom2002 Full Member

I fell at Wembley on purpose!
    “The people called me and asked me to fall at Wembley, because they needed news from me. So I made it on purpose so you could speak a little bit about myself…
    “It was a good dive and I protect my phone and it was good. No penalty and maybe a yellow card!”

The fans should know the truth
    “For the Manchester United supporters, I think it's important that they have the right idea of how things are in reality. The most important thing of all is the kid [Marcus Rashford] is a good kid, the kid is a good player and knows what Manchester United did for him, starting in the Academy and then with Mr [Louis] Van Gaal's support and my support and the club's support and the new contract and the new [no.10] shirt and being selected for every single match.

“Since I've been here, Marcus Rashford has been selected for every single match - he was never, not even for one day, out of selection because of my decision or because he was injured or, like in this case, because he is suspended. He was never, never out of selection, so he knows and that's the most important thing. But again, media is very important and I think it's important the Manchester United supporters know the truth. That's why I'm going so specific about these numbers."

They wake up and think of Jose
    “Some of the people, everybody knows that they have double salaries, they also work for other clubs and when they also work for the clubs, of course they are not independent and of course they conduct things in the direction they want to conduct things. That's obvious and that's human, and that's natural.

It's not tactical but I accept clearly. The ones that wake up in the morning and the first thing that comes into their minds is Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, I feel sorry for them because there are much more interesting things to wake up and be happy about in the morning than to speak immediately about us and about football."

This is what we're doing with Marcus
    “In 2017/18, he played 35 matches in the Premier League, eight in the Champions League, five in the FA Cup including the final, three League Cup matches and the UEFA Super Cup. He played a total of 52 matches with 2,676 minutes. If you divide that into 90 minutes, it gives 29.7 matches. So, with me in two seasons, he had 105 appearances, 5,744 minutes, 63.7 matches of 90 minutes, including five finals.
    So, the people that are speaking and speaking about these minutes, I think they are a bit confused. Marcus Rashford is not Dominic Solanke, he's not Ruben Loftus-Cheek, he's not Dominic Calvert-Lewin - he is Marcus Rashford, a Manchester United player with an incredible number of appearances and an incredible number of minutes played at the highest level in the best possible competitions. So, Manchester United supporters, [it is] for you and just for you to know what we're doing with Marcus Rashford, with Luke Shaw, with Jesse Lingard, with Scott McTominay.”

“If you don't mind to lose a couple of minutes with me, I'm going to do something, not for you but for the United fans, because I think I owe myself to the United fans to share two minutes with you. In the 2016/17 season, Marcus Rashford played 32 Premier League matches, 11 Europa League matches, including the final, three FA Cup matches, six League Cup matches including the final and the Community Shield. He had 53 appearances, but if you want to take minutes played, he played 3,068 minutes and, if you want to divide that into 90 minutes of matches, he played 34.2 matches of 90 minutes in 2016/17.”

Remember, Rashford is banned
    “Speaking about Marcus, I think I can expect that on Sunday I'm going to be highly criticised for not playing him because some of the boys are really obsessed with me and, I think, have a problem with some compulsive lies. So I can expect on Sunday, some of them will wake up in the morning and always the first thing that comes to their mind is Jose Mourinho.

“So I can imagine I'm going to be criticised for not playing Marcus, but it's not my fault. He is suspended, so probably we should remind them that he's suspended and cannot play. Performances with England, of course I am happy. He played well, he competed well, he scored and especially in a period where he comes with some sadness after his suspension. It was very good that he did that.”

Watford have started really well

“It's clear - four matches, 12 points. We know three of these matches were at home, so in relation to the 12 points, maybe we can speak about a little advantage in relation to other teams with two home and two away. But it is a fantastic start - 12 points is great for them, good victories at home, strong performances, congratulations to Javi Gracia, the players and the club overall because it's a very good start.”

The latest on our injuries
    “Fellaini is a doubt. Ander Herrera is a doubt - he had one little problem in one ankle in training during the week, so he's a doubt. Diogo Dalot and Marcos Rojo will play tonight with the Under-23s and, if they play the 90 minutes like we expect, then it will be the end of their recovering process and we will consider them ready to be back next week for full competition.”

An update on Luke Shaw
    “Contrary to some news and opinions, from the protocol point of view and according to our doctor, he will be free to play. The only situation I have to analyse is if we are going to play him when, during the week, he wasn't training with the team, or if even so we decide to play him.”

Taken from MU live blog: https://www.manutd.com/en/events/liveevents?eventtag=14092018MourinhoLiveThelatestnewsfromJose
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 10:51
  2. Sep 14, 2018 at 09:02

Mcking Full Member

"They have won four in a row and are joint top of the league. So we aspire to be like them."
  3. Sep 14, 2018 at 09:14

SER19 Full Member

Ok
  4. Sep 14, 2018 at 09:16

Maradona10 Duncan Castles

Its great you woke up from a deep sleep, But we have mourinho now and not moyes.
  5. Sep 14, 2018 at 09:46

Lowkey Full Member

:lol:

"I would never have sold Cleverley" :D
  6. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:32

Trizy Full Member

Someone post updates please. Can't watch it.
  7. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:33

DomesticTadpole Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

10:32KEY EVENT
    Manchester United give injuries update
    Fellaini is a doubt. Ander Herrera is out. He had one little problem in one medical in training during the week, so he is also a doubt.

Diogo Dalot and Rojo play tonight with under-23s and if they play 90 mins like we expect, it will be the end of their recovery process and we will consider them ready to be back next week for full competition.
  8. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:33

10:32KEY EVENT
    Could Luke Shaw play vs Watford?
    I don’t know - we still have a training session, Jose Mourinho told reporters.

Contrary to some news, to some opinions, by the protocol point of view and according to our doctor, he will be free to play.

The only situation we have to analyse is if you are going to play him when, during the week, he was not training with the team or if, even so, he decides to play.
  9. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:34

10. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:34

10:33Ciaran Kelly
    What kind of test from Watford:?
    It’s clear (the test). Four matches, 12 points. We know that three of these matches were at home, so in relation to the 12 points maybe we can speak about a little advantage in relation to other teams with two home and away. But fantastic start - 12 points is great for them. Good victories at home, strong performances, congratulations to Javi and to the players and to the club overall because it was a very good start.
  11. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:36

FootyGirl88

12. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:36

Utdfrom2002 Full Member

From the official site

13. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:38

Trizy Full Member

14. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:39

Gandalf Greyhame Full Member

"Saving with hands is too mainstream." - DDG
  15. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:40

Utdfrom2002 Full Member

Remember, Rashford is banned

“Speaking about Marcus, I think I can expect that on Sunday I'm going to be highly criticised for not playing him because some of the boys are really obsessed with me and, I think, have a problem with some compulsive lies. So I can expect on Sunday, some of them will wake up in the morning and always the first thing that comes to their mind is Jose Mourinho.

“So I can imagine I'm going to be criticised for not playing Marcus, but it's not my fault. He is suspended, so probably we should remind them that he's suspended and cannot play. Performances with England, of course I am happy. He played well, he competed well, he scored and especially in a period where he comes with some sadness after his suspension. It was very good that he did that.”
  16. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:40

10:38KEY EVENT
    Jose Mourinho hits back at criticism over Rashford
    Speaking about Marcus, I think I can expect that Sunday I’m going to be highly criticised for not playing him tomorrow because some of the boys are really obsessed with me and some of them have a problem I think with some compulsive lies so I can expect that Sunday some of them will wake up in the morning as always the first thing they think that comes to their minds is Jose Mourinho.

So I can imagine on Sunday I am going to be criticised for not playing Marcus but it is not my fault. He’s suspended so probably you should remind them he is suspended and cannot play.

Performances with England of course I’m happy. He played well, competed well, he scored and especially in a period where he comes with some sadness after his suspension and was very good that he did that. If you don’t mind to lose a couple of minutes with me I’m going to do something not for you but the United fans because I think I hold myself to the United fans and for them I am going to spend two minutes with you.

On the season 16-17, Marcus Rashford played 32 Premier League matches, 11 Europa League matches, including the final, three FA Cup matches, six League Cup matches, including the final, and the Community Shields. He had 53 appearances but if you want to take to the mins of play, he played 3,068 minutes and if you wan to divide that by 90 minutes of the matches, he played 34.2 matches of 90 min matches in 16-17.

In 17-18, he played 35 matche in the Premier League, eight in the Champions League, five in the FA Cup, including the final, three LC matches and the European Super Cup . He played a total of 52 matches with 2,676 mins, if you divide that by 90, gives 29.7 matches. So with me, in two seasons, he had 105 appearances, 5774 mins, 63.7 matches of 90 mins, including five finals, so the people that is speaking about these minutes, I think they are a bit confused,

Marcus Rashford is not Dominic Solanke, not Ruben Loftus-Cheek not Dominic Calvert Lewin, is Marcus Rashford, Man United player, with an incredible number of appearances and an incredible number of mins played at the highest level in the best possible competitions, so Manchester United supporters, for you and just for you, to know what we are doing with Marcus Rashford, Luke Shaw, Jesse Lingard, Scott McTominay, that’s what we are doing here.
  17. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:40

Raw Full Member

Samuel Luckhurst

Mourinho on 'obsessives': 'People that called me and ask me to fall at Wembley because they need news from me, so I made it on purpose so you could speak about myself. Was a good dive and I protect my phones. No penalty and maybe a yellow card.' #mufc

18. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:40

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

He's been waiting for this all international break. Will definitely have to watch this one.
  19. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:41

10:41Ciaran Kelly
    Jose Mourinho irritated by perception about young players?
    It’s not a perception, some of the persons everybody knows they have double salaries, they work also for the clubs and of course they are not independent and they conduct things in the direction they want. That’s obvious, human, that’s natural, not ethical but I accept.

The ones that wake up in the morning and the first thing that comes into their mind is Jose Mourinho, Manchester United, I feel sorry for them because there are much more interesting things than us and football.

But for the Manchester United supporters is important they have the right idea of how things are in reality but the most important thing of all is that the kid is a good kid, a good player, knows what Manchester United did for him, starting in the academy, then Mr van Gaal support, then my support and the club’s support, new contract, new shirt, being selected for every single match.

Since I was here, he was never one day out of selection because of my decision or because he was injured or suspended, he was never, never out of a selection.

So he knows and that’s the most important thing, but the media is very important and is very important Manchester United supporters know the truth, that’s why I’m going so specific about these numbers.
  20. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:41

MyOnlySolskjaer Creator of Player Performance threads

Top form from Jose this presser. Eminem in Kamikaze vibes.
  21. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:41

Utdfrom2002 Full Member

He wen ton a good rant about Rashford :lol:
  22. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:42

10:41Ciaran Kelly
    Fred's progress?
    Fred progress, I don’t know because I don’t see him for 15 days and the first time I’m going to see him is now. 15 days is gone so I don’t know about his progress.
  23. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:42

This will go down as the Rashford presser.
  24. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:43

25. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:43

SqueakyWeasel Full Member

I've been travelling. Did Jose take a tumble at Wembley?
  26. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:44

27. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:45

SqueakyWeasel Full Member

TY! You can see on his face that he knows what's coming :lol:
  28. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:45

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

Brilliant stuff.
  29. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:46

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Love Jose in this form.
  30. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:46

Trizy Full Member

:lol:.

Old Jose back?
  31. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:47

Irrational. Full Member

Awesome. About time someone spoke up about those clueless morons on the SkySports panel.
  32. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:47

Come on fellas, bring out your usual Pogba notebooks and ask away.
  33. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:49

Dorian Gray New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Some solid facts there ;)
  34. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:53

meamth Full Member

This put a smile on my face. Bring on Watford!
  35. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:55

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt Scouse Lover

Top form.
  36. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:56

BrianMcClair'sBarnet New Member

Abit of a LVG rant from Jose there but he's in the right regarding Rashford.
  37. Sep 14, 2018 at 11:01

Beachryan More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry

Don't like the man at all, but he's absolutely spot on with regards to Rashford, and good to call the press out. Especially like his comment about Sunday - he knows the Sunday supplements will be pointing out how he didn't play Rashford, neglecting to mention the suspension because narrative.
  38. Sep 14, 2018 at 11:02

39. Sep 14, 2018 at 11:04

Devil_forever You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever

Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
    That’s a bit similar to Rafa’s “facts” rant. He needs to shut up trying to pander to the fans to save his own skin. His clapping to the fans after the piss poor spurs performance and throwing his jacket into the crowd at Burnley are his charm offensive.

I wish he’d shut up about Rashford and Lingard every other week. Play some entertaining football and challenge for the league.

I’ll await the rage fits from Jose fans on here now.
  40. Sep 14, 2018 at 11:05

Just switched Talksport off when the guy at newstime said something about 'Jose on the defensive again' with a bit of a sneer.