Jose: "some players don't realise what it takes for me to trust them"

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Rado_N, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Apr 21, 2017

Hawks2008 New Member

How dare he! What if he hurts their feelings!? :mad::mad::mad:
  2. Apr 21, 2017

TheReligion Abusive

He's praised Shaw post game I think
  3. Apr 21, 2017

Miscemayl Full Member

Having watched the video of the comment, he's clearly talking about Martial, with almost disdain on his face.
  4. Apr 21, 2017

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

This. Quite a few seem to be encouraging the 'soft' mentality culture. I'd rather see players who don't let criticism faze them and instead rise up to the occasion. Not fecking pussies who go crying.
  5. Apr 21, 2017

ManUtd1999 Full Member

He did. Shaw had a cramp but insisted to stay. Mourinho liked that. Here's part of what he said after the game:

"I always trust the players with special mentality," Mourinho said. "Always trust them. Luke Shaw did something new today, it means a lot for me.
    "After 90 minutes, before I know that I have to change Zlatan, he had cramp, I had Ashley Young ready to come on, and he told me I'm going to play for 30 minutes with cramps, no problem.

"He said if you need to make a change in another position I am ready for it.

"These kind of things make me trust the players. "
  6. Apr 21, 2017

Van Piorsing Lost his light sabre

Jose clearly have trust in Martial otherwise he would pull Schweinsteiger on him and we would know he's a goner probably in January.

Him and Lingard have to prepare themselves 120% for next campaign as it will get very crowded on their positions in the summer. Nothing out of ordinary, just a healthy squad rivalrly in a huge football club.
  7. Apr 21, 2017

SomeRandomPerson Full Member

Makes for a pleasant change of pace from "Oh feck off you Dutch fecking fraud." :angel:
  8. Apr 22, 2017

Pearson Full Member

I normally like honesty. But I could not come to terms with the way he openly criticizes his players so blatantly.
  9. Apr 22, 2017

Son Of Sam Full Member

Probably because closed-door criticism isn't achieving the desired results. I don't have a problem with managers openly criticising players that are performing poorly.
  10. Apr 22, 2017

dichinero Full Member

Maybe he is not doing a good job at that. I've just conceded that it's what we signed up for.
  11. Apr 22, 2017

Nytram Shakes Full Member

i wish i could never hear Mourinho talk, i walk to like him he's our manager, i don't want us to change managers again, but every time i hear a quote from him i just want to say shut up you prat!
  12. Apr 22, 2017

AXVnee7 Full Member

I don't really have a problem with it, it's more probably the frequency/timing of it that would potentially annoy me. Like everything there's a time and a place for it. Even when you know there's a lot of room for improvement and the performance wasn't the greatest, sometimes it's good to just beat the drum a little bit and give your players that extra bit of confidence.

Ultimately as long as Jose has, and is continuing to tell Martial clearly what he expects from him in his office or as feedback on the training ground; I have no problem with these sorts of comments if he isn't getting anything back in return.
  13. Apr 22, 2017

An Irish Red Full Member

The last squad we won the league with probably had less quality than the one we have now. But what they did have was workrate, determination and a winning mentality.

Sure 'they never give up' was practically the commentators default statement about us. If Mourinho can get that back this way then so be it.
  14. Apr 22, 2017

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

He can hold players accountable and foster a winning mentality or whatever empty platitude behind close doors at Carrington. Having this all out in the open just turns the club into a soap opera. He did this at Real Madrid and by the end he fell out with the whole squad. No point in airing your dirty laundry out in public.
  15. Apr 22, 2017

Moonred Full Member

I am not sure if he aimed that at anybody but just explained it in his typical quirky way. Either way this really shouldn't be a surprise for anyone who knows how mourinho works. It's surprises me more that people get befuddled by things which are typical mourinho.