Julian Weigl

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by beingshe7don, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Nov 24, 2018

AKDevil Full Member

Was dragged at HT v Bayern in last game. Looked bad.
  2. Nov 24, 2018

NotQuiteManc Full Member

Supports:
    Higher Income Tax For The Rich
    A shame that a major injury has hampered his form and progression.

If United need to replace Matic, for me Neves is more suitable to immediately play as the first 11. He would just stay disciplined as the deepest midfielder and keep things ticking, while being able to play the accurate long passes besides Pogba. On that note, that would free Pogba from being the only one that can provide that type of passes.

Rodri, from Ath Madrid, is also a pretty interesting player. To me, in the vs BD game in UCL, he is the more of a Carrick clone, from the style of play and physical stature.
  3. Nov 24, 2018

TwoSheds More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

We don't need a Carrick clone, in the same way we didn't need a Roy Keane clone, we just need 2-3 top class midfielders that actually perform well together, know their roles and remain professional. What we do need in the squad is leaders and better footballers, particularly in defence.
  4. Nov 24, 2018

do.ob Full Member

He missed both pre seasons under Bosz and Favre. Didn't suit Bosz's positional profile and under Stöger suffered like a lot of players from his coach's inability to get any structure into possession.
    Now he has Witsel in front of him who barely missed a minute and delivers good to very good performances like clockwork.

It's not like he's free from blame, but it's hard to say where he actually stands given the last time he was first choice in a functioning team was under Tuchel.
  5. Nov 24, 2018

Gordon S New Member

Yeah, he's the closest to Carrick i've seen.

On Weigl, i still think there is a good player in there, even if he's going through a rough spell. Needs more time.
  6. Dec 27, 2018

L1nk Full Member

BILD are saying he wants out in Winter transfer window, PSG and Tuchel likely to be involved in a loan with option to buy offer. Would love to take a punt on him though, especially in a loan with an option to buy situation, in that we can loan and if the new manager fancies keeping him, we can buy him. Think he could do well learning under Carrick coach too, seeing as how he is pretty much a clone, think he could slot into our midfield nicely too, just needs to find some of the form he used to have.
  7. Dec 27, 2018

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    I'll be shocked if Tuchel doesn't get him in January
  8. Dec 27, 2018

Mainoldo Full Member

Why does he want out? Aren’t they top? I take it he’s out of favour then?
  9. Dec 27, 2018

onemanarmy Full Member

He's only played 9 times this season. Witsel, Dahoud and Delaney are getting most of the game time.
  10. Dec 27, 2018

BalanceUnAutreJoint New Member

I'm not sold on signing Dortmund's bench players.

We need some world class quality not a young player who has regressed over the past few years
  11. Dec 27, 2018

NYAS Full Member

I was just thinking about him yesterday. I wonder how him and Verratti would do together.
  12. Dec 27, 2018

Nou_Camp99 Full Member

Wouldn't be against a loan with a view to a permanent signing but no way would I spunk big money on him right now. He's had a bad injury and he's not in great form at all. Talented player though and somebody i can see flourishing under Ole.
  13. Dec 27, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

He would want a coach he knows believes in him.
  14. Dec 27, 2018

Awesomely. He has the size Veratti lacks and the speed. That IMO would be one dangerous holding pair.
  15. Dec 27, 2018

izec Full Member

He is good on the ball, but lacks the positional sense defensively. Has a blip in form for a while now and it is no surprise he was benched for most of the season. Tuchel could give him a fresh start and important role, with sharing some playmaking with Verratti, they could form a good partnership. Throw in Frenkie de Jong, and their midfield three could keep the ball for days without losing it.
  16. Dec 27, 2018

settembrini Full Member

He hasn't developed from his early promise and I don't see how he and Veratti would work together at all. They are similar players but Veratti is much better.
  17. Dec 27, 2018

izec Full Member

Verratti would just move higher up to the 8 position and Weigl would take the Motta DLP role. They had/have Marquinhos there
  18. Dec 27, 2018

BBRBB Full Member

Supports:
    Paris Saint-Germain
    You can't tiki taka alone. It would help Verratti a lot if someone came in who could fill Motta's boots. I don't know if Weigl could do that but it's a very small risk on loan with option to buy.
  19. Dec 27, 2018

Red_toad Full Member

Loan with option to buy is a no risk deal. Looked excellent 2 seasons ago.
  20. Dec 27, 2018

Marquis hi
    TBF Marquinhos has been developed for that role recently because they have no Weigl type in their entire squad aside from Veratti. That is why I'm convinced Tuchel will chase after him as he sees Dortmund trust the kid no more.
  21. Dec 27, 2018

goofygoofygoofy New Member

You could make the argument a lot of our players have regressed over the past year. Under a different manager, they look a lot better. The same could happen if Weigl came here.
  22. Dec 27, 2018

bond19821982 Full Member

If we are continuing with Pogba and Fred then, we need someone in Fernandinho/Casemiro /Kante mould - who can cover lot of ground and chase every ball.

Not sure Weigl is that guy.