Just enjoy the win!

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by ivaldo, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Oct 6, 2018

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Feck me. Still so much negativity in this place. When your team, the team we all apparently support (declared oppos of course excluded) comes back from 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go to win 3-2, there shouldn’t be anything other than absolute, unadulterated joy. I couldn’t possibly imagine feeling anything else. It seems there are some that are actually disappointed in what happened. Sport is a passionate, emotional thing, and yet many here can’t wait to put a negative spin on it. How far do you have to fall out of love with the game to witness a turn around like we just have, after that turgid, lackadaisical first half, and not feeling anything other than elation?

Just enjoy the fecking win.
  2. Oct 6, 2018

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots

People are free to enjoy the win, just like people are free to not bury their heads in the sand and still have the same issues that haven't changed too.
    Both can happen even.
  3. Oct 6, 2018

SirAF Ageist

Of course, but at least save the complaining for tomorrow! This was a terrific comeback and should be enjoyed for the rest of the evening instead of the constant bickering.
  4. Oct 6, 2018

endless_wheelies feeling dizzy

Most people on the internet are more negative than people who enjoy their actual lives, it's just a fact.
  5. Oct 6, 2018

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Is it OK to not feel that excited about beating the worst team in the league at home? I mean we made heavy weather of it as well.
  6. Oct 6, 2018

Di Maria's angel Captain of Moanchester United

Then maybe, just maybe, football isn't for you or whomever you're talking about.
  7. Oct 6, 2018

Fooza New Member

I've seen posts telling supporters that they should be happy with the win today. I was more relieved with the win today than happy. I didn't want us to fall even more behind top 4 even though I don't like Mourinho.

Truth is I know that last 20 minutes we attacked because we were losing 2-0, against a struggling Newcastle at home. We should never have been there in the first place. We won't see us attack like that ever under Mourinho right from the get go and for me it doesn't change diddly squat.
  8. Oct 6, 2018

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots

I'm all for people being happy about the win if they want to be. But no need to avoid the issues either. Or do, but some will want to talk about it.

Also agree with this to be fair. But the club is in absolute turmoil right now. I think it's ok to be negative here personally, even if we did just win. Grand scheme and all that.

Personally I'm just a bit tired of United at the moment. Don't really feel much either way to be honest. Agree with a lot of posters that are being negative, happy for those enjoying the win, slightly annoyed by people suggesting others should feel a certain way.
  9. Oct 6, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    Second half was awesome. The reason I love the sport.
  10. Oct 6, 2018

IrishRedDevil Full Member

11. Oct 6, 2018

It was a good come back no doubt but it’s a tiny step in the journey. If this was an equivalent thread on the RAWK forum, it would be posted in the ‘lets laugh at’ thread.
  12. Oct 6, 2018

No, not really. Not when you are 2-0 down with twenty minutes to go, with the cloud of negativity surrounding the club. Sometimes it is OK to enjoy the moment.
  13. Oct 6, 2018

Di Maria's angel Captain of Moanchester United

Honestly, life is short. We all love this sport, we all love United, every win is enjoyable - a comeback is even more special no matter the opponent. If you can't enjoy this or you think its RAWK equivalent, then you've got issues.
  14. Oct 6, 2018

15. Oct 6, 2018

breakout67 Full Member

Apparently the press had this as Mourinho's last game. So when we were 2-0 down after 10 minutes, lots of 'fans' were licking their chops at getting out the big bad evil.

It's quite predictable really. The same thing happened when LVG was manager.

Some people are more concerned with living vicariously through the club, instead of enjoying a comeback. We are in horrible form and scored 3 goals in 20 minutes, if you can't enjoy that then what the feck is the point?
  16. Oct 6, 2018

It isn’t about an anti Mourinho agenda, although I have no love for him at all. It’s about us still being in a precarious position. I enjoyed the ‘moment’ in the moment but I don’t feel like this is a great victory in the slightest.
  17. Oct 6, 2018

ants7 Full Member

I love the fact we won. I loved to see glimpses of what this team actually is capable of.
    I hate that it'll probably take another massive low point to see that type of performance again until some major changes.

Happy with the result but I've been let down by this team and manager too many times to change my mind. It's the hope (and inevitable disappointment) that kill, lads!
  18. Oct 6, 2018

bludsucker New Member

How dare you post anything positive in this forum. We should all kill positivity at the first sign. Die positivity! Die optimism!
  19. Oct 6, 2018

68Guns New Member

I'm well chuffed the boys slotted in 3 and sent the fat Spanish waiter packing deffo. But it was on the barcodes not Barcelona remember and the next Premier league game is away at Chelski where we always get beat.
  20. Oct 6, 2018

Mcking Full Member

I really enjoyed that second half. I wish we could play that way every game.
  21. Oct 6, 2018

Micky Targaryen Full Member

Yes
  22. Oct 6, 2018

Who has called it a great victory? The OP mentioned nothing to that effect.
  23. Oct 6, 2018

Ekeke Full Member

Joy? No. Relief? Kinda. But its 3 points against relegation fodder and another week of poor atmosphere and another chance to go 2 nil down next week.

I'd get it if we were relegation fodder too. Hooray taking 3 points off a rival team when any 3 points are a big deal.

But today is just a stay of execution.

Did you "Just enjoy it" when we won 19 times with David Moyes as manager and came 7th - one place above where we are now thanks to today's win?
  24. Oct 6, 2018

Dante Bang Average but can post Blindfolded for 15 secs

Supports:
    United!
    I will.

That's my most grammatically correct drunk post ever

It took me 15 minutes.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  25. Oct 6, 2018

If you’re still buzzing then I would assume you feel it is a great victory. I mean the comeback against City last season was great (mostly because of the brief bragging rights in a painful season) but still had a bitter taste ultimately because they smashed the league in the end. Newcastle at home, it was good as it happened but I’m sceptical this is a catalyst to greater things under Mourinho.

Hope I’m wrong but it seems more indicative of how far we’ve fallen to me.
  26. Oct 6, 2018

Did we come back from 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go? Surrounded by a torrent of negativity? How can you take anything other than joy from that?
  27. Oct 6, 2018

Moonred Full Member

You will? Shouldn’t you already be? It’s been more than couple of hours since the winner. How long do you wait to start enjoying a football match after it’s done? Kinda pointless methinks if you are still debating the opportune moment to start enjoying. Should be impulsive and spontaneous. :p
  28. Oct 6, 2018

klsv Full Member

But it feels so empty if you can't go the Mourinho Out thread 3 seconds after the final whistle when we actually win.
  29. Oct 6, 2018

It has absolutely no barely on whether Jose is the right man for the job, whether this game is the catalyst of change for our season, or any other metric you'd care to think of. Simply, it was a terrific comeback in extremely adverse conditions. As a Manchester United fan, how can that not fill you with joy?
  30. Oct 6, 2018

breakout67 Full Member

You must be sleeping through games.

I remember a game against relegation fodder Blackpool back in 2011. We were flying in the league and thought of this as just another win. Blackpool played the half of their lives while we were utter shite, and of course a former United youth player scored against us. We were 2-0 down at half time and scored 3 goals in the final 20 minutes, I remember when Chicharito scored I was gleaming because I knew we were in the ascendancy and were due a 3rd goal.

Relegation fodder playing well against us, only for us to score a late winner has happened so many times. If you can't enjoy that then you must have been miserable for a large part of the last 2 decades.
  31. Oct 6, 2018

The United Irishman "Martial is championship material at best"

Of course we enjoyed the win, more relief than joy though!

It doesn't mean we can't continue to be concerned about the problems of the team in this current state.

For 70 minutes, we played the most turgid, rancid, football on display, across all 4 divisions. It was relief that for 20 minutes, the players actually dug deep and played some bloody football, like we know they can.

But make no mistake, this was a Newcastle side in the bottom 3, who can hardly buy a goal at this moment, and we made them look like world beaters, which is almost unforgivable, maybe the players actually woke up and realised this.

So, 20 minutes of attacking football will not paper over the gaping cracks, and make most of us bury our heads in the sand, but if that is your agenda, then go right ahead.

There is nothing wrong with showing concern about something you love, and give over for telling people how to support their club, as they have every right to show concern and be worried.
  32. Oct 6, 2018

Devil may care Full Member Verified Moaner

People love to use the word agenda, if my arm is sliced open and bleeding profusely I can wrap a bandage around it to briefly stoip it bleeding, but it doesn't blind me to the fact I'm going to die of blood loss if I don't get it stitched up. The second half was chaotic fun against a terrible team, and Pogba was magnificent, but it doesn't alter the fact it's a sticking plaster on a gunshot wound, if Mourinho remains through the international break t means he'll make to at least Christmas and our top 4 hopes will go, you can't ignore that because of a win IMO.
  33. Oct 6, 2018

adexkola Arsenal supporter

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    If you didn't enjoy the win then your whole perspective is wack
  34. Oct 6, 2018

The Cat Full Member

i just loved watching the players put a shift in and run like feck from the start, easily pleased but it was so much better.
  35. Oct 6, 2018

cyberman Full Member

I've seen more excuses being presented for wins than losses on here for a while now, I have no idea how people can exist in the real world!
    I have no idea how the season will pan out but I'll enjoy today for what it is. Jose hasn't lost the players which gives him half a chance so lets see if this fight can adapt Joses tactics from here on in.
    Crying about it to the point of why are you bothering watching? won't make the time pass any faster.
  36. Oct 6, 2018

It did fill me with joy but only briefly, the conditions were only adverse because of the issues that dampen the victory.

You negated your own point there, at least in relation to my point. We were flying then, the context was very different.
  37. Oct 6, 2018

Ekeke Full Member

Winning after an embarrassing first half where we're losing to the 2nd bottom team?

Easy. Perspective. We're in a worse position than we were with Moyes and we didnt play a good game. We played a good half. Not good enough
  38. Oct 6, 2018

You speak for yourself. Quite clearly, there are plenty who did not.

Who has said it is? No one is pretending this papers over the cracks. But can this forum not go 2 seconds, after 20 brilliantly exciting minutes, without expressing their concerns over the state of the club? They've been doing that for the past 6 fecking months.
  39. Oct 6, 2018

cyberman Full Member

We beat all of the top 6 in 6 weeks last season and got pretty much the same reaction as today.
  40. Oct 6, 2018

Yes, winning from 2-0 with 20 minutes to go. It could've been Forest Green and I'd still enjoy that. If you can't take some job from that game then what's the point in you watching?
  41. Oct 6, 2018

Ekeke Full Member

I dont think joy is the point of supporting a club. I had some joy watching Valencia in the past when they played well, but when they didnt play well I didn't care too much. I certainly didnt watch them when they had a bad season. I don't support them, its not going to make my day a good one or bad one based on their result.

Winning against the 2nd worst team in the league after losing 2-0 early on doesn't do it for me because I care about more than 1 game or 3 points. If thats all you need to be happy, congrats. You may have to wait several weeks for more "joy".