Just me that thought today was brilliant?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by samabachan, May 13, 2012.

1. May 13, 2012

Burrow Still enjoys cocks

Indeed. It's been an agony ever since the Everton-game, but they way the season have turned out it has been brilliant for the neutral viewer I'm sure. I'm sad and bitter as feck about how it all turned out, but it's really been a hell of a ending to the season.

In the end, I'm just glad that I support a club that find itself in these sorts of situations most seasons rather then having nothing to play for 5 games before the end. Even though it hurts as hell when it doesnt go the way we wished for.
  2. May 13, 2012

MUFCgal Full Member

For a neutral, it must have been sheer brilliant.

I was okay and calm enough at the start. By the 75th minute and everything in our favour, I was a wreck. At the start of stoppage time, I thought we'd seen a miracle. Then, in what seemed a blink of an eye, it all turned and City won it.

Sickening and gutted. Great day for football, but for United fans just torture.
  3. May 13, 2012

Striker10 "Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

it's great for the premiership sure. There's always drama on the last day and it was competitive to the end. But it wasn't a brilliant day...even if you thought City would win it, for a good period it looked like it'd work out but it wasn't to be. QPR decided to stop playing football and city punished them
  4. May 13, 2012

Legend16 Full Member

Expected nothing from today cept anticlimax and a 5-0 city win. What unfolded was absolutely gripping. I could not believe we were nearly there and while the last moments were gutting in the extreme today is what being a football fan is all about for me. The excitement of the last few minutes was incredible. We have been on the other end of things. I was in the nou camp in 99. That night was the exact opposite of today in its final moments.

And while I still can't quite believe what happened its feelings like today that make feelings like 99 so amazing. Liverpool fans may enjoy what happend but feck em. They and their club have become less than irrelevant to days like today. We on the other hand have had so much success and incredible comebacks and I'd bet my life SAF will ensure we have much more before he walks away.

We've been down before but it never seems long before Fergie is standing there beaming with a trophy over his head. Today was an amazing day. Painful but amazing. We took the new money mercenaries to goal difference. Roll on next season.
  5. May 13, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

To be honest it feels like I'll wake up tomorrow and it will still be Sunday
  6. May 13, 2012

Pat_Mustard Full Member

A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
    Sums up my feelings about today precisely except for that part. Despite all my efforts not to let myself get carried away by the time it got to the 85th minute of the City match I was convinced we were going to win it. What happened after that was like getting sodomised with a baseball bat.
  7. May 13, 2012

The Neviller Banned

I hated every single fecking minute of it. Even at the stages where we were in the lead in the title race I couldn't bear to watch. Deep down I always had this niggling doubt that they'd pull it out of the bag. I had just started to hope and dream when those dreams were dashed.

If only Joey Barton had kicked Aguero properly.
  8. May 13, 2012

moses control

You're all mental*. Give me today over any end of season in my life bar SAF's title winning ones.

* may not be true
  9. May 14, 2012

manufanatic "crazy"

It was gutted but a great day in the sport. I love united...
  10. May 14, 2012

AlwaysRedwood Banned

It would have been amazing if it wasn't on Mother's Day.
  11. May 14, 2012

pillory Full Member

Well, England aside it's been an entertaining day. Del Piero scoring, being very slowly substituted, lifting the trophy and writing a poem in his final home game for Juve, madness in Norway, Montpellier taking a huge step towards their first ever title with a 94th minute winner, Villarreal going down in dramatic fashion, and, er, Norway beating Germany 12-4 at ice hockey (I know nothing about hockey, but that result sounds bizarre to me) and Gary Hooper scoring five (I occasionally pretend to sort of support Scunthorpe in my spare time and therefore have a soft spot for some of their former players and managers).

As for the PL I wasn't anywhere near as distraught as I should have been. It was just that when it happened it felt like I had known it would happen exactly like that for a very long time and had already put it behind me to some degree. Strange feeling. It was absolutely horrible while it lasted, though.
  12. May 14, 2012

Theon Full Member

Today wasn't brilliant in the slightest, it was genuinely awful. It couldn't have been worse, to be so close to winning it and then for that to happen... Takes the piss.
  13. May 14, 2012

Devil may care Full Member

Even when we scored in the first half I had little hope, once City took the lead in their game I felt calm, then things went crazy in the 2nd half and I really thought we were going to do it.

I still can't quite believe the Aguero goal happened, I stormed out as it went in yelling expletives at the TV and have pretty much sat in a brooding state since, worst football day ever as a United fan, I don't even know what the rest of the results were.
  14. May 14, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

How can one be so objective? Football supporter first, and United second (or lower in the rank...)? I would NEVER understand this mentality. I am gutted we lost, and the way we lost the title. Football can go to hell. :(

p.s. I know the feeling of sadness will go away eventually because when we realise it's actually a good thing we lost on GD rather than just being inferior overall, we know we can come back stronger, much stronger!
  15. May 14, 2012

sglowrider Against Oral Equality

The upside: I think the season finale will give Fergie further impetus not to retire even in 3 years time. He knows that this maybe the start of the City's momentum going forward and a threat to his legacy.

He will want to ensure that he doesnt get knocked off his feckin perch.
  16. May 14, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

To be honest, I hope tomorrow never comes!
  17. May 14, 2012

dinners85 Full Member

I'm still not sure whether it really happened the way it did or not.

Today, I expected nothing, had everything, then had less than nothing.

Yes it was an amazing day but I didn't enjoy it. Had the whistle blown a bit earlier at City I'd be delighted about another title but I still wouldn't have enjoyed going through that.

Thank goodness I don't know a single City fan up here.
  18. May 14, 2012

Ferguson Full Member

We pushed them to the brink. Horrible way to lose, but City better be ready to do better next season. United will improve. We are young and missing key players and have clear areas of improvement.

Sad we lost, but a message was sent. Beating United won't be easy.
  19. May 14, 2012

FlawlessThaw most 'know it all' poster

I like cricket as a sport and although I support England. I'll follow a better game elsewhere and appreciate it more. When Ireland beat England in the World Cup, it was a great day for sport and I thought it was fantastic.

Can't say the same for football. Much more tribal to me, it's always United first. The sport as a whole is starting to get me down.
  20. May 14, 2012

Trionz Banned

City doesn't deserve that moment.
    that last minute league winner is supposed to be meant for proper clubs.
  21. May 14, 2012

Scrumpet There are no words

I'm sure it was great fun for most football fans. A supposed Arsenal supporting friend described it as the greatest moment in his football-supporting life :houllier:

A horrible, horrible day for anyone that supports United.
  22. May 14, 2012

Carl has permanently erect nipples

I didn't enjoy it at all. I was a nervous and emotional wreck through the 2nd half. I was sweating and all sorts. Horrible.

It's probably the closest I've ever come to just turning it off and watching something else. I couldn't bare it.
  23. May 14, 2012

Liam147 On Probation

No, they do. They don't deserve the money, but their fans for all they've been through do deserve something. They proper fans really have been with them through thick and thin. They define 'long suffering supporters'. I can't believe they had that moment of elation though. I was at the Blackburn game NYE, and when we got the first, you thought we'd get a second, sure enough we did, and you go mental, you expect to win. If we had we'd have gone ballistic, a terrific second half comeback. But to do it to win the league? Wow. I reckon only those at the Nou Camp in '99 can even imagine what that feels like.

Fortunately they'll never have that again.
  24. May 14, 2012

Theon Full Member

Their fans are shit ffs.
  25. May 14, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

It's quite strange for me. So many ups and downs during the 95 minutes yet I managed to make myself rather indifferent to it all. I have exams anyway but obviously kept an eye in everything. But I managed to keep a mental distance from it all taking city winning the league for granted. Glad, I managed to do this otherwise this would feel terrible.
  26. May 14, 2012

amolbhatia100 Barbiturates ain't got nothin' on me

What have their fans been through that's so devastating as compared to fans of other mid o lower table clubs? I find this brand new theory that people are brandishing that City fans deserve all of this happening because they've through so much rather bizarre. You can apply that logic to the fans of umpteen number of clubs? Do all those clubs deserve to be bought over by a billionaire to ease their pain? It makes no sense. If the footballing worked like that wed have a billionaire in charge of every second team.

Fact is fans don't deserve anything. Hard working people like Sir Alex and other great men from other clubs who do great things, they deserve success. Not people who won a lottery. Not us united fans either.
  27. May 14, 2012

AlwaysRedwood Banned

That's embarrassing.
  28. May 14, 2012

AlwaysRedwood Banned

I'd have more respect for them if they didn't keep trying to justify their Sheik bought title as just or the same as United building a winning team over years.
  29. May 14, 2012

Liam147 On Probation

They're not. In terms of a fan base, perhaps, but what fans they do have, matchgoing fans that is, are good, right up there with United's.
    I'm not trying to say they deserve it, just that they deserve it more than most clubs. Teams like United, Arsenal, Liverpool, all have big fan bases, but at the same time have enjoyed frequent success. Then you have the likes of Newcastle, Leeds, City, possibly West Ham, maybe even Everton, who've always been well supported, but haven't really had much success to shout about. One thing that separates City from the others, is that their one and only rival is the biggest team in the country, winning year in, year out, while they just watch on.

The crying City fan typified them in a way. Truly believing they'd finally done it, finally on their way to winning the league, beating United no less, when they lose to Swansea. Obviously it was an overreaction, but decades of barrenness must get so hard to take.

Of course no one deserves to win the footballing lottery. It takes no skill or effort, solely luck, but if there's one team you can't really begrudge that luck, it's them. I just wish they'd handle it with a bit more dignity rather than offering marriage proposals and human sacrifice to Mansour.

Completely. They're showing an absolute lack of class, dignity and humility throughout the whole thing.
  30. May 14, 2012

Theon Full Member

Yeah they are, they're awful. Since they've got rich the number of plastic fans is pathetic. Do you live in Manchester? I've seen it develop over the past five or so years.

Their fans are still wank anyway, they don't even fill their stadium the majority of the time.
  31. May 14, 2012

Liam147 On Probation

I don't but you could then say United have the worst fans in the country. Look at the facebook page thread in the general. All the in-jokes about the repeated mis-spelling of Ferguson and Fergie. Naturally as success and money comes, you'll attract that type of fan, the fan we have in abundance. But they have a very loyal core. Like when United went down, we still had the highest attendance in the country, and when they've been down they've consistently had high attendances. The figures don't lie. Although give it five, ten, maybe fifteen years, and all the tourists will be there just like we have when their proper fans get priced out.

I've said they don't have a large fanbase, by that I mean people who are prepared to go and spend a half hour's wage on seeing 'their' team, but most of the matchgoers will have been the ones who've followed them all over the country, even through their relegation years, like their last stint in the championship, they were still getting 10k more than anyone else there.
  32. May 14, 2012

Gambit Desperately wants to be a Muppet

It was simply an amazing day of football. I don't care that other leagues are technically superior, yesterday proves that the premier league is the greatest in the world for all out entertainment. From top to bottom it was all happening yesterday. Incredible.
  33. May 14, 2012

AlwaysRedwood Banned

If you could see it all but you can't. It's a shame they can't stagger games so you can watch more than one.
  34. May 14, 2012

Don16 Annoying cnut

Wasn't as bad as some folk are making out. Without lows like today, the highs wouldn't be half as good. It's part and parcel of the game, and the united/city rivalry is brilliant, and today just added fuel to the fire. We can't win it every year.weve won it 4 times in the past 5 years. imagine being in a league like the spl, where the top team have no real rivals..feck that. Football, I love it
  35. May 14, 2012

kps88 Full Member

Got a few United fans saying this. I don't get it. It was one of the worst days in my time watching football. Maybe if there was some drama and Newcastle got 3rd/4th I would have mustered half a smile. fecking QPR were safe as well. Awful, awful day.

I suppose it depends on your love for United compared to your love for football in general.
  36. May 14, 2012

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Careful now. You'll get people calling you a *******.

It was a fecking terrible day. As bad as it gets. I find it very hard to relate to any United fan who would think otherwise. I never understood the whole football fan first/ United fan second phenomenon but apparently it does exist. Takes all sorts I guess.
  37. May 14, 2012

crappycraperson "Resident cricket authority"

Yes, I am astonished at some of the comments here. I am still feeling sick this morning. I wish City had battered QPR 20-0 instead of all the drama.
  38. May 14, 2012

Don16 Annoying cnut

"if I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor"
  39. May 14, 2012

NoLogo Full Member

Well it's like always. Those who came away this day with winning something or getting out on the good side of things for them it was an ecstatic day I'm sure but with the outcome it had for us I really can't say I enjoyed it in any way shape or form.

When QPR went 2-1 up I had to endure 30 minutes of agony hoping against all hope that City wouldn't score against 10 men just to be punched in the stomach with a baseball bat in injury time.

Yesterday was one of the worst days I ever had to endure in football.

The only positive thing is the pain from this season will make our next victory all the sweeter.
  40. May 14, 2012

Walrus Oppressed White Male

It was incredible drama. As a United fan absolutely heart wrenching to be so, so close and then lose it at the last minute (literally) despite doing all we could to avoid it, but even then I can see it from a neutral point of view as being incredible.

Also shows what a great league the PL is. We get such drama and entertainment every single season, moreso than I have ever seen in other leagues.

It's days like yesterday that make me wonder if the PL is really just scripted, like wrestling. Seems so unlikely for events to have unfolded like that.