Justin Kluivert| VDS: Raiola pushing him to leave in summer

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by United_We_Stand, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Jan 6, 2018

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

He reminds me of Memphis more than Kluivert. His decision making, stopping to twist and turns, unnecessary skills. Kluivert is more of a flying winger that we have seen do better in the PL. Just my opinion. Don't think Neres looks anything special at all and a lot of what he does would get dealt with in the PL.
  2. Jan 6, 2018

TheForgottenOne Full Member

Kluivert has played some nice games against very weak opponents. Not much more than that.

The rookie misstake here is thinking a youngster from your country is a world class talent after just a few good games. We have been the same before with players like El Ghazi, Fischer and Kishna.

Kluivert has to develop a lot more before he should ever even become a real option, while consistently tearing up defenses in the Eredivisie, and more importantly against the top 6 opponents. He is nothing more than a decent youngster to keep an eye on for now.
  3. Jan 7, 2018

Ajaxsuarez Full Member

Supports:
    Ajax
    Of course a player is going to look flashy in a flashy compilation vid. you can watch videos of all his touches in most Ajax matches on youtube

Neres is one of the more functional wingers I've seen.

Also "flying wingers" like Hazard? Neres also isn't traditionally a winger. It's just that's the position we have for him. I believe he played more centrally throughout his youth, and would function incredibly well as a second striker.

this was his first proper start for us, where he started nervous/poor and during the first half won confidence and became our motm

Here's a match this season where our team was poor (we lost this match), and look how no one else is giving any off the ball movement, and the lack of help he was getting when on the ball

Yet he's constant pass and move. Trying things. He does lose the ball when dribbling, but tends to dribble mostly when there's little support by his teammates. If you watch him week in week out you'll see how strong his fundamentals all are. One thing that's a bit frustrating though is how heavily he leans into defenders when dribbling, which can lead to him to falling over.

Also I'm not saying he's perfect or even looks anything massively special in this videos, but if you watch him you can see that there's so much more to come, and despite that he's already got a ridiculous goal+assist / game ratio (eredivisie leader). He's still acclimatising, he can't even speak the language yet is our most consistently important and involved player this season at the age of 20. Kluivert is just under two years younger but they're in similar stages of their careers seeing as Neres has just one professional career match more than Kluivert at this stage.

This is Neres' first proper top flight season and he's already leading the league in goals+assists despite being a sub for the first 1/3rd of the season so far. And he produces consistently every match, not in flashes like Kluivert
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  4. Jan 10, 2018

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Frenkie De Jong is more interesting.....
  5. Jan 11, 2018

Hawks2008 Full Member

If we're looking at wingers/forwards from the Eredivisie it should be Lozano.
  6. Feb 3, 2018

United_We_Stand Full Member

"Manchester United are in advanced talks to bring 18-year-old Ajax winger Justin Kluivert to Old Trafford in the summer.
    Now it is believed United are ready to agree a fee of around £10million with various add-ons for the Dutch Under-21 ace."

Reports John Richardson.
  7. Feb 3, 2018

pocco loco

Could see this happening. We need more really talented youngsters to provide backup and step in when needed with a view to them being the players of the future.
  8. Feb 3, 2018

Irish Jet Full Member

Definitely worth taking a look at for that fee.

If we land him it may be more worthwhile to loan him out somewhere other than Ajax. Even a Championship side - See how he looks outside of his comfort zone. He's an interesting prospect but still a ways away from first team consideration.
  9. Feb 3, 2018

pocco loco

Bring his little brother too...

10. Feb 3, 2018

engulfing Full Member

If we do it, it has to be this summer so he can qualify for homegrown status. But I would immediately loan him back to ajax or another Dutch club for another season.
  11. Feb 3, 2018

Adnan Twitter machine

I don't believe this at all from John Richardson. If it had been from David McDonnell then I would've believed it some what..
  12. Feb 3, 2018

Thecarrickfan_2016 Banned

The last time we tried to get a Kluivert, He went to Barcelona.
  13. Feb 3, 2018

Adisa Full Member

I can't see his father letting him sign for a club where he won't play.
  14. Feb 3, 2018

RC89 Full Member

Sign and loan back maybe? Ajax would be brilliant for him to continue his development.
  15. Feb 3, 2018

reddaz71 New Member

Does this pose the question is Mourinho already losing faith in Rashford IF this link is genuine?
  16. Feb 3, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    He’s in a bit of a form dip last few games. Really not at all ready for United. Maybe in a year or two, but even then I have my doubts.
  17. Feb 3, 2018

haram Full Member

10 million seems very cheap.
  18. Feb 3, 2018

davidmichael Full Member

For me I’d say no as Kluivert is a winger/inside forward whereas I think Jose sees Rashford as a central striker, with Lukaku and Zlatan around this season added to us not getting a winger/inside forward in the summer it’s meant Rashford has played lots of games wide but I don’t think that’s where his future lies.

Jose is already saying he doesn’t see how he can improve his attack yet at the same time is saying Zlatan can baaically leave in March if he wants too for the MLS which says Rashford is integral if not indespensible, I think we’ll sign a right sided forward (Bale ? Kluivert ?) in the summer and then Rashford will rotate with Lukaku as the main man up top.
  19. Feb 3, 2018

lysglimt Full Member

We did pick someone with the exact same DOB who did ok though
  20. Feb 4, 2018

Anustart89 Full Member

For everyone wondering, it's Ruud.
  21. Feb 4, 2018

Devil may care Full Member Verified Moaner

Seems a strange story to make up for clickbait, especially as the article doesn't mention any crazy figures.
  22. Feb 4, 2018

Adnan Twitter machine

You'd think the Dutch media would have the scoop on this if we were in talks... McDonnell who is the Manchester correspondent for the Mirror hasn't said anything either.
  23. Feb 4, 2018

United_We_Stand Full Member

He wouldn't cost a fortune because his contract expires in June 2019.
  24. Feb 4, 2018

Raoul Admin Staff

In today's market you have to get them before the price soars.
  25. Feb 4, 2018

manunited1919 Full Member

Yeah, but Ajax wouldn’t be interested in selling at that price. Much better to develop him further a couple of years and easily sell him at multiple of that price.
  26. Feb 4, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

They can only do that if he signs a new contract.

With how close Mourinho and Kluivert were during the EL final and Kluivert's agent being Raiola, I can see it being a goer. Kluivert's comments make me a bit uneasy though. Last thing we need is another player who prefers being on the left:

27. Feb 4, 2018

Sanche7 Full Member

Is he really that good like Future World Class good?
    I have seen a few videos, he looks good, nothing special IMHO.
    But for the reported 10 mill, why not, that's pocket change.
    Hope we keep an eye on Frenkie and Matthijs de Ligt, the latter was the player who impressed me the most in the EL Final. Very mature and calm on the ball for a 17 year old. Him and Bailly would make a great combo if you ask me. Even Barca wanted him before they went for Mina
  28. Feb 4, 2018

Dolf Full Member

A bright prospect but like he said himself he only just started and defenders are starting to keep an eye on him. He needs atleast three seasons in the Eredivisie as an important player for Ajax before he even considers moving to a bigger club.
    Eredivisie keepers are a joke compared to other european leagues.
    I still think Memphis’ failure is because of his terrible attitude while players like Berghuis turned out to be just not good enough for the next step. So Kluivert needs to score more than Berghuis in the eredivisie (currently on 12 goals).
    One huge plus is that Kluivert is a very smart boy with the right sensible people around him who only want what is best for him.

Not sure why he would come to United though, his best position is on the left and we are currently stacked there.

Also dont see Ajax nor Kluivert accepting a buy and loan back deal.
  29. Feb 4, 2018

ti vu Full Member

According to transfer market or whatever its name is, his contract would end in 2019 summer. Knowing Raiola, Ajax unlikely be able to turn the table by playing tough. 10mil + bunch of good add-on doesn't sound so bad a deal for them. There is every chance we may allow them to loan him for another season, so basically they lose nothing accepting it now. Being a Kluivert, perhaps the kid doesn't have money as big drive as much as other coming from poor background, so he doesn't need to go with the January transfer playing hard ball route to force a move.

Another poster may have a point regarding we may look at him to be able to qualify as homegrown player by signing him this summer. I meant in long term, even he can't reach very high ceiling, being a homegrown, it would help us getting a good fee to cover whatever we plan to pay now. Of course, nobody hope for that scenario. Win-win situation for me.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  30. Feb 4, 2018

VancouverUtdFan Full Member

Supports:
    Canucks + NE Patriots

Say what you want but that looks very genuine to me

Even if you don’t think the words are interpreted 100% correctly, for the most part it looks bang on and José showing him admiration is undeniable
  31. Feb 4, 2018

Adisa Full Member

When is his contract up?
  32. Feb 4, 2018

ti vu Full Member

Summer 2019 using Google search.
  33. Feb 4, 2018

The No.10! Full Member

"then we make history together."
    Seems more like something LvG would say. Remember his speech?
  34. Feb 4, 2018

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

Would rather give Chong a spot at the wings. He's a ridiculous talent.
  35. Feb 4, 2018

Adisa Full Member

Thanks. Fee makes sense then.
  36. Feb 4, 2018

Adnan Twitter machine

2019, we could have two Dutch flyers on either wing in the near future.
  37. Feb 4, 2018

Adnan Twitter machine

Chong in my opinion is better and takes the RW spot. Kluivert prefers the left..
  38. Feb 4, 2018

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

We have loads of options on LW. Both young and in prime.

We could the Chelsea thing, sign him for cheapish due to his contract situation and loan him to a club for 12-18 months and then evaluate him later.
  39. Feb 4, 2018

Adnan Twitter machine

Would be a good move, we should also do something similar with Frenkie De Jong..
  40. Feb 4, 2018

dutchred Full Member

I have seen a lot of Kluivert and I don't think he is better than Chong. I would rather we look at Frenkie De Jong as a long term replacement for Matic