Keane: Fergie and I will never be friends

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Cold_Boy, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Why are you seemingly taking the fact that people might think Keane a bit of a cnut for his attitude towards United/Fergie etc so personally?
  2. May 4, 2012

99 red balloons Full Member

I know it will never happen, but I'd love have seen that 2005 MUTV tape.

I have it on good authority, however, that no record of it exists and it has been physically destroyed. You can also count the number of people who have seen it on one hand.

Funny thing is, it wasn't even meant to be Keane doing it that day - it was meant to be G.Nev.
  3. May 4, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Why is we missing out on title is a good thing! (as someone, not me, suggested that's what Keane said)

Who is making up things? :rolleyes:
  4. May 4, 2012

99 red balloons Full Member

Ps ... Roy Keane is my favourite ever footballer to have played for United. I also think he is a massive cnut. But I don't pick my favourite player on how nice a person they are - and if Keane wasn't a cnut, he wouldn't have had half the career he did have.
  5. May 4, 2012

The Black Pearl ooh aah Roddy Collins

How is someone posting what the man actually said yesterday, not thinking he was an abject failure as a manager & pointing out that he never said he hoped Utd would lose a game taking things personally exactly?
  6. May 4, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Never for one min assuming you wil come to my rescue when I was the lone voice :(
  7. May 4, 2012

NM Full Member

Did you read the post? Keane said it may be good as we will go out and spend more because of it. Read what he said before commenting!
  8. May 4, 2012

Hectic Moderator

Well, it wasn't for any reason other than because I didn't agree with your post, and thought our views might get lumped in together.
  9. May 4, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Do you agree and/or applaud what he was alleged to have said, "us missing out on the title might be a good thing"?

What's your stance on such statement?
  10. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

You just seem a bit butt-hurt that anyone would question him.

He's a shit manager who continually bleats on about how badly treated he was by United, the club that gave him the platform to be the gobby cnut that he is.

Great player though.
  11. May 4, 2012

What do you think of what he said here?

http://www.footballzz.co.uk/noticia.php?id=62457

“I'd never write them off. United are still the best club, still have the best manager and the best supporters. I was pretty upset the other night when they got beaten and I don't like feeling that way because you have to try to move on. But I still have loyalty to United, no matter what way I finished with the club, or whatever my relationship with the manager might be.”
  12. May 4, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Thanks for clarifying! I know its important to state a daiclaimer. That said, If people get confused about your views being lumped in with mine, it's their problem, not yours. But that's another issue.
  13. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Personally, I agree that missing out on the title might have a good outcome. Sometimes winning a title can paper over the cracks, we could well be stronger in the future for the experience of losing out this time round.

I don't think he actually meant he hoped United didn't win the league, more that in the long run it could have it's benefits.

As much of a cnut as I think Keane can be at times, I think you have the wrong end of the stick with that particular quote.
  14. May 4, 2012

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    His talent gave him the platform to be a gobby cnut. If it didn't happen at United it would have happened somewhere else. He's nothing if not driven.

What's his record as a manager got to do with his right to express an opinion on Fergie's team? I know for a fact you don't agree with Fergie's thoughts on Ji Sung Park. How good a manager are you?
  15. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Lovely sentiments.

As usual though, ended by a negative and a moan about how his time ended and a mention of the relationship between him and Fergie. Again.

This is my point exactly, Keane can't just say United are the best club etc etc, he has to throw in a sniping comment to go along with it.
  16. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

I do alright on Football Manager, but it's been a while since I won anything of significance.

I don't tell fergie how to manage his team on live TV though. I think Park is shit. Who doesn't?
  17. May 4, 2012

CheadleBeagle Full Member

In all walks of life there are people who are absolute perfectionists and expect everyone around them to be the same. I think Keano is one of those and unfortunately a lot of players are not and I can see him getting annoyed with those who he feels are not trying enough. Also some players try their best but and are just not good enough and there's no point being critical of them if they are giving 100%.
  18. May 4, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

This somehow makes me feel much better!! Thanks for posting. I can sleep better knowing this! :)
  19. May 4, 2012

Fergie. Obviously.

Not entirely surprised to hear you've a lot less credentials to be a gobby cnut about Fergie's team/players than our former number 16.

On the plus side, nobody cares about your opinion so - unlike Roy Keane - it won't end up in the papers.
  20. May 4, 2012

redevil2 Full Member

Well, if we actually lose the title (God forbids), we would be consoling ourselves with that sort of sentiment. But personally I would prefer we win the title which is the best outcome. It makes our summer happier, and I am sure the manager will take notes for next season.

After readin the other report, it's clearer he's not that crazy after all.
  21. May 4, 2012

Inigo Montoya Full Member

Not winning anything but still asserting that Park is shit, are the two related perhaps?
  22. May 4, 2012

EricaNo7 Full Member

I think you've totally misread what he said. I too think if we do miss out on the title , it may be a good thing as it will make the Glazers realise we need new blood. Does that mean I want us to to lose ? Of course it bloody doesn't.
  23. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Simple fact is though Pogue, if I criticised Fergie on his team selections or how he manages United, and he decided to question my own managerial record in response, i'd have to hold my hands up and say "Aye, fair enough, i've no credentials as a manager so have no real right to question you, Sir Alex"

Keane questioned Fergie and criticised how he was managing the club, Fergie in return questioned Keane's managerial record. And asked what he'd ever done to tell Fergie how to manage his team. He was right to do so. It's easy to be a pundit and sit on TV gobbing off about how Fergie got this wrong and that wrong. Keane was pretty shit when he tried to do the job himself though.

Continue taking what I said out of context though, and making up other little scenario's, it's what you're good at.
  24. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

I was being sarcastic, I don't play football manager.

I don't need to do that though, to see that Parks main attribute recently has been the ability to fall over every time the ball goes near him.
  25. May 4, 2012

EricaNo7 Full Member

He may have been pretty shit as a manager but he was wa brilliant player - Fergie wasn't exactly marvellous as a striker, but he's a brilliant manager! Or was, I'm not sure
  26. May 4, 2012

Scots Crusader Full Member

I will be honest guys, as a player I loved the man, as a man he was a fecktard gobshite. There is the feeling that we would have won the title with him in the side, I am not so sure. Football has changed massively in a short time, it is basically a non-contact sport these days and there is no way that Keano could ever cut out the aggression in his play, it made him that step up, aggression/ability, all in one package. But I reckon in the modern "pansy" version of football we see to day, our Keano would spend more time suspended than playing.
  27. May 4, 2012

Is....I hope, and for some time yet.Even if the 'was' became a reality he still will be regarded by most as the greatest manager in English football history
  28. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

What's that got to do with anything?

Look if you all think what Keane did for us as a footballer entitles him to be a cnut about the club and Fergie to everyone who'll listen or stick a mic in front of his face then fair play, that's your opinion. Personally i'd rather he shut the feck up about how he was ever so badly treated here and stopped gobbing off in the press like a right cnut about the manager/club/current players, every chance he gets.

He doesn't play for us anymore, he isn't involved with the club, so kindly shut the feck up Roy, concentrate on your own career and move on.
  29. May 4, 2012

His game was much more than being aggressive, he'd still be a major force now.
  30. May 4, 2012

Scots Crusader Full Member

Oh, no doubt, but could you afford your main midfield weapon to spend a quarter of the season sidelined?
  31. May 4, 2012

While he has a contract with various media corps that isn't going to happen anytime soon.I really don't see why you're getting all in a lather about it.As you say he doesn't play for us anymore, he's entitled to his opinion
  32. May 4, 2012

That's hugely speculative.The one thing that he did when he arrived was to adapt.I've no doubt he'd adapt again.
  33. May 4, 2012

Again i'm a bit bewildered how one considers him to be a cnut towards the club & Sir Alex etc when he said he thought Manchester United was the best club in the world with the best manager & fans.

Out of interest why do you & others too always seem to ignore when he says positive things like that & make a mountain out of a molehill with anything he says at all that might go against the grain?
  34. May 4, 2012

EricaNo7 Full Member

I know , I've just been a bit perplexed by some decisions this year. That's not taking away that he is the greatest manager there's ever been, you're right there.
  35. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

I'm not in a lather about it at all, he's a gobby cnut, but it seems you're not alowed to say that on Ireland's leading Manchester United forum.
  36. May 4, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

He often seems incredibly bitter towards the club in a sense. I mean, why say this sort of stuff? If you don't plan on making up with Fergie, then just don't and move on. I get the impression he thinks he's a big hardman because he's 'standing' up to Fergie, if you can even call it that.

Great player for us and he's a club legend, but a lot of what he says comes across as bitter whenever I read it.
  37. May 4, 2012

With his record he's earned the right to screw up on occasion.I know what you mean though but I recall walking out of OT when Arsenal won the league and fans clamouring for his resignation, claiming we weren't going anywhere etc, pretty much what some are saying now.Result: treble the following year.The cycle repeated itself with Chelsea's rise then we had the Rooney/Ronaldo 'era'...if wee can call it that.

Point is even though the man is getting older, he has an unbelievable ablity to critically reflect season after season.Until that stops let's keep faith
  38. May 4, 2012

It's been said more than once...and I'm not sure the bit in bold has anything to do with it.He's a bit of hero on other forums too
  39. May 4, 2012

What "other little scenarios"? All my posts in this thread have been on-topic. I don't think I've taken anything you've said out of context either. You were the one who brought up the concept that someone's record as a manager is relevant to their right to express critical opinions of Fergie's team/players. I happen to disagree.

As for the rest of your post, that's pretty much what Keane said. Re-read the OP. He's basically admitted the whole thing was a bit unnecesary but he understands why Fergie had a go. He's obviously a bit needled by Fergie criticising him as a manager but that's his right. Sticking up for himself as a manager. It's his career after all.
  40. May 4, 2012

Amir Full Member

I don't really see much problem with what he said. If this was a column, if Keane decided to once again write about United and all that, I'd have said he should move on. But it was a Q&A or a press conference or whatever, he was clearly asked questions and he anwered them truthfully, that's fine. What's pathetic is the media again making headlines out of quotes that are nothing new.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.