Keane: Fergie and I will never be friends

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Cold_Boy, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 4, 2012

Inigo Montoya Full Member

They were hardly headlines. A small column tucked away on an inside page that only has passing interest, and really only for Utd fans who care that much to raise it as an issue
  2. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Did you just pick and choose what part to read of this quote you linked me to?

This is my point. He throws this shit in everytime he opens his mouth. Why? What does it achieve? Just say the nice bit and end it at that. It seems that he just can't say the nice stuff without being a cnut as well, like he's afraid of losing the reputation he's built up for himself.
  3. May 4, 2012

EricaNo7 Full Member

Why shouldn't he? It's not like he wasnt telling the truth, that last interview. And then he was just thrown out of the club. You might not remember but 4-1 loss against a crap Boro team was the instigation, we were total rubbish that night. At least he still feels loyalty, and says so
  4. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

He says it every time though Erica. Every single time. He can't comment on United without griping about how his time ended here, so I'd rather he didn't talk about us at all.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand. Maybe I'd be better off just saying I believe in ghosts ;)
  5. May 4, 2012

EricaNo7 Full Member

Look, his whole playing career practically was associated with United. He's bound to remember that horrible end to such a wonderful career. I would If I was him.
    He isn't actually griping to put it into context - he's saying it DESPITE the way it ended
  6. May 4, 2012

EricaNo7 Full Member

And I'm ignoring the ghosts .....
  7. May 4, 2012

Lance Uppercut Loves turn based games

Keane is God.
  8. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

But making sure he points out that it ended badly. Again.

And pointing out that him and Fergie don't get on. Again.

We know, we've heard him say it. He doesn't need to keep bringing it up. Again. And again. And again.

And furthermore, it ended badly because he acted like a cnut. Again.
  9. May 4, 2012

It did end badly. They don't get on. He is constantly asked about it. That's your opinion.

You make it sound like he is constantly ringing up journos to bitch and whine. He isn't. What he is, is one of our greatest ever players. Live with it.
  10. May 4, 2012

EricaNo7 Full Member

Thank you Lance :)
  11. May 4, 2012

Red Dreams Full Member

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
    kin rags make up shit....

mountain out a molehill.
  12. May 4, 2012

Gazza Magic Carpet Pilot

I was amused to hear Keane on Irish radio the other day defending himself from a light-hearted comment that suggested he'd "joined the media". Which is exactly what he has done despite always saying he wouldn't. Every man has his price eh Roy?
  13. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Oh I agree, there is certainly no doubt he is one of our greatest ever players, he was immense and the main driving force onfield of much of our success during the 90's.

Being a great player and a bitter cnut aren't exclusive though. He was a great player, and now he's a bit of a bitter cnut. Live with it.
  14. May 4, 2012

So despite consistently praising the club and insisting that he is not bitter, you have decided that he is? Interesting.
  15. May 4, 2012

Mick1991 Full Member

With Roy Keane being a bitter cnut and a great player were definitely exclusive!
  16. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Ah right, he says he isn't bitter so he mustn't be. The fact that he continually throws up the fact that his time ended badly and he doesn't get on with Fergie is just a side point? Window dressing perhaps.

Yeah, clearly he isn't bitter at all.

He's like an ex-husband who was kicked out by his missus.

"I loved her when we were married, she was a great wife. Great cook too. But then she fecked me out for being a cnut, and took the house and that. The bitch. But I'm not bitter"
  17. May 4, 2012

He rejected more money from Blackburn to join us.

People change their minds on occasion. It happens. Who gives a shit.
  18. May 4, 2012

His time DID end badly. He DOESN'T get on with Fergie. This isn't complicated. Would you prefer he lie when asked about it?
  19. May 4, 2012

The Black Pearl ooh aah Roddy Collins

Spot on, because if he was he'd hardly say he thought Sir Alex was the best manager in the world.
  20. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Does he have a gun to his head forcing him to answer a certain way when he's asked these questions?

If the answer to that is no, then what the feck is so hard about saying a very simple "I've discussed this time and time again, I don't need to go into this again"?

Is that hard to say? He says what he says because he chooses to. Because he's bitter.

This isn't complicated.
  21. May 4, 2012

EricaNo7 Full Member

Sounds like you are the bitter one :rolleyes:
  22. May 4, 2012

Roy Keane Exclusive! Says no comment!
  23. May 4, 2012

Edmeiste Banned

It's a bit precious that we're even taking sides like this is some Fergie v Keano. That's just sad.

I dont think we've seen anything surprising from either of them. They've just been true to who they are and obviously that's upset some people on here. Nonetheless, you cant fault them for being who they are. It's a big part of why they are lauded by so many of us and others as well.
  24. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

I assume you've read the quote, since you yourself linked it.

Does he say "Fergie is the best manager in the world, and United are the best club. End of" ?

No, he once again mentions that they dont get on and that things ended badly. Why? Does he think we don't know that he thinks he was mistreated? Does he think we don't know that he doesn't get on swimmingly with Sir Alex?

Why continue to bring it up every single time he talks about United?
  25. May 4, 2012

Because it's the truth. What part of that don't you understand?
  26. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

So he says it for exclusives and to get his name in the papers then? Is that what you're suggesting?

What's difficult about a simple no comment? If he wasn't bitter about the whole episode and didnt want to voice it once again then a "no comment" is exactly what he'd say.
  27. May 4, 2012

Or he could just tell the truth. Which he does. Oddly, this seems to upset you for some reason. Even though you know what he's saying is correct.
  28. May 4, 2012

Edmeiste Banned

If that's Roy's choice then that's his choice. What is it to you Neviller? In regards to Keano, you're better off just accepting him for who he is. We all know he was a great player and leader for us and part of what made him such a great leader is what we see in these interviews.

He left with a bitter taste in his mouth and it seems it's still fresh in his mind. Being who he is, it seems he cant resist the temptation to say it. If he wants to leave a more positive impression, then he probably should leave it out. However, knowing the kind of person he is over all these years, unless he decides to change, you're going to hear much of the same from him.

Seems that his insistence to still leave that part in there sheds light on the fact of what a straight-shooter he is. He could leave it out, but it's as if he's lying to himself if he does.
  29. May 4, 2012

The Black Pearl ooh aah Roddy Collins

Maybe because some people continue to think that because he had a falling out with Sir Alex he is bitter towards Utd & everything got to do with Utd full stop, you said he was quite a few times earlier on & called him a cnut because of it etc. All he is saying is that despite that falling out he isn't at all bitter towards Utd & also despite that falling out he still considers Sir Alex to be the best manager. He is just setting the record straight. Nothing bitter in what he is saying at all. You seem to have your mind made up though & that's fair enough.
  30. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

That truth being that he feels he was badly treated by United. And that he's still bitter about it.

What part don't you understand?
  31. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Sorry, I didn't realise the point of a United forum was to not give an opinion on things that involve United.

As for the rest of your post, you've pretty much said he's still bitter about the whole thing. Which is what I've said. Which leaves me wondering why you're arguing with me suggesting that he's still bitter about it?
  32. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

If he isn't bitter about what happened, does he just not realise that constantly mentioning it makes him look bitter?

Personally I'd give him more credit than to suggest he just doesn't realise how he comes across.
  33. May 4, 2012

Jimy_Hills_Chin Desperately wants to be ITK

Or perhaps people ideals change as they get older.

I was never a massive Roy Keane fan, his spats with Shearer (which embarrassingly Shearer won) and when he stamped on Victor Baia were moments that were massively frustrating. Obviously there was much more good than bad but I always perceived him as self serving.

That said, the quotes are out of context of an interview where he is complimentary of the club. He fell out with SAF and he is honest about it, I fail to see the problem with that.
  34. May 4, 2012

You are like a retarded mirror.
  35. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

I don't think he is correct at all. I think he himself was entirely to blame for how things ended for him at United. He mouthed off about his team-mates in public. He shouldn't have and he left United and Fergie no choice but to get rid.

If anyone else said the things Roy Keane has said/says about United players, the club and the manager they'd be called a cnut by 99% of this forum. But because it's Roy Keane it's accepted as just good old Roy, speaking his mind. Straight-shooter Roy, says it like it is.
  36. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

As in you look at me and realise how retarded you really are?
  37. May 4, 2012

Added to the extensive list of things that you don't understand.
  38. May 4, 2012

You still don't get it.
  39. May 4, 2012

The Neviller Banned

Oh I do. You think Roy Keane is God and can say what he wants about United, and United fans shouldn't be bothered about it because he was once a great player here, and he's God. And I don't agree.

About right?
  40. May 4, 2012

Gazza Magic Carpet Pilot

Meh... he said it's because he's out of work and needs to keep himself busy ... but he's joined the crowd he used to heap scorn on. To keep himself busy. OK.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.