Kostas Manolas

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by United Pro, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Jan 9, 2019

reddaz71 Full Member

Said it before, Koulibaly and Alderweireld would be a pretty tasty 1st choice CB pairing with Lindelof and Bailly 2nd string,sell the others!
  2. Jan 9, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The Greek Phil Jones. Not excited about this at all, hoping it's just a briefing in the press to scare Napoli into accepting.
  3. Jan 10, 2019

nainaisson New Member

I don't claim to be an expert on Manolas, but I just can't get excited about a defender for a team that conceded 7 goals to Liverpool in the Champions League. I only vaguely remember watching the two games, but I don't recall Manolas covering himself in glory.
  4. Jan 10, 2019

Bola Full Member

Allison conceded those 7 goals as a keeper and has done very well for Liverpool.

Until a couple of blips around Xmas, he has probably been the best performing keeper in the league

Edit- just checked the teamsheets and see that Manolos started alongside Fazio in both games. I would not fancy him as my defensive partner against a direct and fast Liverpool team, particularly if playing a higher line
  5. Jan 10, 2019

Ekeke Full Member

Yes one of many ex premier league players who go on to do better in Serie A
  6. Jan 13, 2019 at 11:41

Bestietom Full Member

Don't think we will bring in anyone in this window now. Keeping it all for summer.