1. Draft game threads in the Football Forum have been moved to a new Draft Games Forum. This is to keep the Football Forum more on topic.
    Dismiss Notice

La Liga 2017/18

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Mar 12, 2018

Migo New Member

Iniesta back to training with the group and has a very good chance to play against Chelsea.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Mar 12, 2018

carvajal Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
  3. Mar 12, 2018

Draconifire New Member

Supports:
    FC Barcelona
    Ya, he seems to be not mentally fit and it does reflect when he's on the pitch. Doesn't help when the crowd boos him (which is despicable), at least the team and the manager is actively behind him. Hopefully, he bounces back, or else this is just the start of the end of his career here in Barca.
  4. Mar 12, 2018

carvajal Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    he just confirmed what we all see when he is in the pitch. He looks stressed. He seems to be more aware of not messing up than of playing football.
    Regardless of this interview he should leave in summer.
    His situation reminds me a bit of Illarramendi
  5. Mar 12, 2018

Synco Full Member

Didn't Portuguese users say he's pretty good for the NT (something on the lines of "currently our best midfielder")? Or am I mistaken there?
  6. Mar 12, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    He's just playing at a club above his skillset.

He never particularly impressed me at Valencia tbh.
  7. Mar 12, 2018

Schneckerl Full Member

8. Mar 12, 2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Betis are in contention for a place in the Europa League after beating Alaves away. Their style of football is finally paying off :D
  9. Mar 13, 2018

Twiggy Full Member

Supports:
    Man Utd, FC Barcelona
    How though? He is surely going to be playing through a hamstring injury, hopefully he doesn't wreck himself even more.
  10. Mar 13, 2018

Migo New Member

Not sure, maybe his injury was not that serious after all. They need him against Chelsea, he really dominated the midfield for the 30 mins he played against Atletico Madrid.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
  11. Mar 13, 2018

Sly Hang Ten Scout

Supports:
    Sporting Clube Portugal
    You are mistaken.
  12. Mar 13, 2018

SfcNervion Full Member

Supports:
    Sevilla FC
    Hope Montella was taught a lesson. Muriel over Ben Yedder? Pff..
  13. Mar 13, 2018

PedroMendez Acolyte

Sadly it's not over yet. I am very nervous. Two inept teams fighting it out.
  14. Mar 13, 2018

El Pasillo Banned

It's true that Cristiano isn't capable to play with his back towards the goal (a requirement to play as a target man), but that doesn't automatically mean that he can't be defined as a #9. Cristiano is usually the most advanced player in Real Madrid and his anticipation/movement inside the box to score one-touch goals is absolutely outrageous good. Cristiano is no longer a winger, but has successfully transformed into a fenomenal poacher.

Regarding the bold sententence, I'll just leave this...

People should keep in mind that Benzema is more of a service man for CR7/Bale rather than having the main task to score a tons of goals.

9 years and counting...
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  15. Mar 13, 2018

PedroMendez Acolyte

16. Mar 13, 2018

Peyroteo Professional Ronaldo PR Guy

Supports:
    Sporting CP
    Cristiano isn't a poacher or a striker and you can check their average positions on sofascore. Benzema and Ronaldo average about the same positions on the pitch. Ronaldo plays as a striker when Benzema isn't on the pitch.

Morata and Ronaldo didn't work very well together as a partnership but Real Madrid absolutely need a player like Morata, that's what I'm saying. Ronaldo is out of the team or he goes a few games without scoring and what happens? The current striker can't buy himself a goal. Benzema has 17 goals since the start of 2017. Seventeen. Most of those in easy games or at unimportant times. That's not bad, that's beyond horrible. And I realize I'll never convince you of that and you'll go on another tangent but come on... They need another good goalscorer in the team regardless of how him and Ronaldo play together.

I'm one of the minority who actually thinks Benzema should keep his place as a striker, I am very aware of how important he is.
  17. Mar 13, 2018

K2K Full Member

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    League with the best sides in the world.

Can see Madrid winning it again. Atletico possibly too in the Europa.
  18. Mar 13, 2018

SfcNervion Full Member

Supports:
    Sevilla FC
    @PedroMendez
    It feels so wonderful in so many ways hermano. :cool::drool:
    And we can put the Leicester fiasco behind us, forever.
  19. Mar 13, 2018

K2K Full Member

Congrats

As painful as that is to type.

You were the better side tonight. Get rid of that Muriel guy though.
  20. Mar 13, 2018

El Pasillo Banned

He definitely is. Cristiano is hardly being involved in the build-up procces for Madrid nowadays since there's other players who can take care of that area. Obviously, Cristiano doesn't move outside the penalty box for 90 mins but he usually stays there when Madrid have the possession.

I'm not sure why you still keep that when I've already pointed out that Benzema has been RM's joint best assist provider and has been indirectly involved for many, many more goals. Besides, Benzema has only taken a grand total of 40 shots (1.8 shots/game) in LaLiga alone according to WhoScored and we're at the end of this season. Which is ridiculously low for someone who's claimed to be a "striker" whereas Cristiano, Kane, Lewy etc. averaging 5+ shots per game.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  21. Mar 14, 2018

Javi Full Member

This is true but that shouldn‘t exclude him from being questioned. Even if we accept Ronaldo continuing at Madrid as premise, which I wouldn‘t btw, then there must be other strikers capable of forming that snythese with him. Kane for instances has all the abilities needed in him, hold-up play, movement, passing and intelligence question is whether he can and more importantly whether he wants to transform his style of play in that direction. Who else can I come up with, Griezmann? Firmino? Max Kruse? (just kidding)
  22. Mar 14, 2018

SfcNervion Full Member

Supports:
    Sevilla FC
    Thanks:) Muriel, Vazquez, and several more needs to leave our club; but Montella is unfortunately in love with them. Can you imagine Muriel is the most expensive transfer in our history? :wenger:
  23. Mar 14, 2018

K2K Full Member

Thats shocking.

He doesn't look good enough at all. The guy that came in for him looked decent.

Anyhow, all the best for the next stage. If you face Liverpool, please embarrass them again.
  24. Mar 14, 2018

SfcNervion Full Member

Supports:
    Sevilla FC
    It sure is. Ben Yedder has the habit of being vacant during most games - but he scores, which is his job. He has been in form when it comes to the Champions League - yet Montella prefers the players from Serie A (Vazquez and Muriel) instead of the players that make points, such as Ben Yedder.

Haha, I am not sure if I'd like Sevilla to face Liverpool again. It feels like the world tries to set up opportunities for them to finally get their revenge :lol:

But to be fair, it doesn't matter who we face, we are the worst team in the quarter finals. So we got nothing to lose...Although, avoiding Bayern, Barca or City would save us much embarrassment...
  25. Mar 14, 2018

K2K Full Member

Yet you were confidently a better team that us. Says a lot about this United side.

You guys have little to lose. Enjoy the ride.
  26. Mar 14, 2018

SfcNervion Full Member

Supports:
    Sevilla FC
    That is true. Thanks :)
  27. Mar 15, 2018

Synco Full Member

Okay, thanks. Was unsure because I somehow remembered it, but it seemed, well, out of character.
  28. Mar 15, 2018

Sly Hang Ten Scout

Supports:
    Sporting Clube Portugal
    No worries. He usually begins in the starting XI but as the tournaments progress he ends up on the bench not being used at all. Fernando Santos likes him but he doesn't translate that trust in good performances on the pitch. André Gomes does look like he has ability, he showed that at Valência but mentally he looks like weak player who sometimes gives up too soon. Maybe he can adress those issues now that he talked about it in his last interview. At least the Barcelona supporters who usually boo him, gave him some support last night.
  29. Mar 15, 2018

haram Full Member

We were truly terrible. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the CL, I wish it was us in your position :(.
  30. Mar 15, 2018

Aboutreika18 Full Member

It cracks me up that this Jekyll and Hyde Sevilla managed to reach the quarters, during the Alves and Kanoute days, you guys had a much better side.

It's a bit like Lyon never really made a dent in the CL during their Ligue 1 winning days but were somehow in the semis in 2010, when those league winning players like Juninho were well past their prime
  31. Mar 15, 2018

carvajal Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't know that Real are going to eliminate the running tracks.It will be much better,with an atmosphere as the old Atocha
  32. Mar 16, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Big win for Levante in the relegation dogfight.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  33. Mar 17, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Depor-Las Palmas coming up in five minutes, you with me Yagami? ;)

Pretty much the last chance for both with Levante unexpectedly winning their last two so they're now 7 points clear of bottom 3.
  34. Mar 17, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Halihovic (remember him) with a nice goal.

Early lead for las Palmas.
  35. Mar 17, 2018

SfcNervion Full Member

Supports:
    Sevilla FC
    @Aboutreika18 Yeah, it is kind of Sevilla in a nutshell, really. We are a good roller coaster in every season.:):lol: Last season we over-achieved during autumn - then during spring the players were suffering from intrigues, clash with fans, and a coach that openly was longing for leaving Sevilla - and on top of that the players were physically out of shape before February ended. What I am trying to say is that we had worse team last year, compared to this season. On paper, this team has better depth in every position in the midfield, and wing back positions, whereas the other positons are as poor as last season. But, we have had a lousy season despite being on fifth place - this team should perform much better. The only bright thing this season has been beating Atletico in the Copa del Rey and reaching the quarters in CL, for the first time in 60 years. Else, we are just waiting for this shit season to end...

@haram

@PedroMendez
    Buddy, do you think we will be able to keep our dignity vs Bayern?:lol:
  36. Mar 17, 2018

carvajal Full Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    I think the distance with Levante is too much.
    Depor would need a miracle.
    Depor were considered in the past a "equipo ascensor"(an elevator team),jumping from primera to segunda in a short time,but this time will be really difficult.
    Hopefully they won't collapse in segunda, ending up like Hércules, Elche or Murcia.
    I think I would sack Seedorf to try with someone like David Vidal
  37. Mar 17, 2018

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

Rodrigo is on 13 goals this season in La Liga.
  38. Mar 18, 2018

Supports:
    Arsenal
    The title and the Champions League race are done so the relegation battle.
    Weird season in Spain.
  39. Mar 18, 2018

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Sevilla back to normal today.
  40. Mar 18, 2018

Santos J Full Member

Leganes showing us how it's done