Late night DAB radio, including the dreadful Talksport.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Handsome Devil, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Nov 29, 2017

Handsome Devil Full Member

There must be a few people like myself who, in the wee small hours, unable to sleep, or woken up by the snores of the wife or dog, plug in their personal radio and sample the delights of what DAB radio has to offer.

Now, I don't always want to listen to music but if I do, 6Music is my go to station. Sometimes I want a good chat show or a bit of drama, or lively discussion and this is where DAB falls down I think. 4extra is a bit hit and miss. 5live can get a bit formula and needs shaking up.

I was excited a couple of years ago when the Talksport franchise announced that Talk Radio was coming. I used to love Talksport in the late hours when the floorboards would creak, and out came the freaks...discussions about alien abductions, conspiracy theories and the like. But what did Talk Radio deliver? Repeats of bloody daytime shows featuring the usual motley crew of ex pro football presenters that's what!

Talksport lost it years ago and becoming part of the Murdoch empire was the final nail in the coffin.

So, what do others listen to and what would you like to hear during the graveyard shift?
  2. Nov 29, 2017

Rolandofgilead Inserts strawberry yoghurt rectally

Podcasts.
  3. Nov 29, 2017

villain caf sexpert

Podcasts for sure.
  4. Nov 29, 2017

Handsome Devil Full Member

Yes, have installed Podcast Addict on my tablet, probably the way to go.