Leroy Sane watch | On the bench against Basel

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by rimaldo, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Jan 29, 2018

Jake Mine's too big and gay.

I’m not sure if this is aimed at me?

Anyway, in summary, Wilt, I agree with the sentiment which your trying to get across.

I wish our players would get injured less - I really do.

I’m just not going to get personally upset when one of city’s players get injured.
  2. Jan 29, 2018

Jippy Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes Scout

You're obviously overreacting, but yeah, pretty nasty and looks painful. Warnock is a pillock. Always has been and always will be.
  3. Jan 29, 2018

Fitchett Full Member

Wales actually, but let's not be pedantic.
  4. Jan 29, 2018

Moby Dick

Rubbish.
  5. Jan 29, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

They'd all want to be starters and wouldn't be content with a bench role. You really don't need all those players - no club in the world has that many class players in one squad except for probably Real.
  6. Jan 29, 2018

hn4manunited Full Member

While I don’t agree with such tackles, I do think this is part of a result of having to bring down players who are just much faster than others. In the spur of the moment, the player has to make a tackle to make sure it stops the progress of the speedy player. These tackles in the split second doesn’t always come out right.
  7. Jan 29, 2018

Classical Mechanic Full Member

City fans are ridiculous. Moaning because they only have Ageuro, D Silva, B Silva and Sterling to lead their attack now.
  8. Jan 29, 2018

BlueMoonOutcast Full Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Someone please inform this man we're doing exceedingly well this season. I honestly don't believe you have a right to be disappointed.
  9. Jan 29, 2018

Wilt New Member

Not aimed at you, however, it was cynical tackle, could just as easily been against the likes of Rashford, Martial....
  10. Jan 29, 2018

Adisa Full Member

People like Warnock have no business coaching.
  11. Jan 29, 2018

OneUnited24 Full Member

He (like most British coaches in the PL) is a dinosaur who really shouldn’t be employed by clubs if they want to push further than old school long ball football
  12. Jan 29, 2018

Gasolin Full Member

That was a bad tackle. Those injuries will force probably the current players to have to play more, and hopefully that's not so negative for the other clubs. But it always suck when your players are out due to injuries. United have had to deal with that too.
  13. Jan 29, 2018

Gasolin Full Member

You have a 12 pts lead and that is not going down, although we secretly all hope that it happens. Normally, it doesn't, so stop worrying.
  14. Jan 29, 2018

Ainu Full Member

That doesn't make any sense. Why would a reduced threat of leg-breaking tackles from the opposition lead to slower football? There is no place for this sort of tackle in football, he just went flying in there without any hope of getting near the ball. I just don't see how eliminating these sort of tackles through hasher punishments could be perceived as anything but positive. They're part of the game because not enough effort is being made to cut them out of it.
  15. Jan 29, 2018

arthurka Full Member

For three days and three nights.. Wasnt that Jesus?
  16. Jan 29, 2018

Luis DC New Member

Supports:
    Universidad de Chile
    I'm fully aware of intensity in England and is a good trade but you can't confuse that with bad intentions. I will set some examples, the case of the Yeovil player match perfectly with what you just told me and I understand that, I'm from South America (Chile) and I saw that kind of plays in Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay very often and is not something that I like much, but I understand it and is not a big deal if stopped at the right moment.

About intensity, 2nd example the play between Rondon and Mc Carthy, that was a disgrace but it was clearly an accident. Rondon didn't have evil intensions, and the intensity of them ended badly. I respect that intensity and this plays usually didn't end this bad. No problem. The play between Mane and Ederson in first round of the Premier are another good example, I didn't see evil in that play, maybe some negligence from Mane.

The third example, this play of bennet against Sane are the ones I can't forgive or understand the negligence of referees with these plays. Bennet had evil intentions and I saw a lot of this plays like that in the Premier like the ones I mentioned before against KDB or this one. For me the difference between these plays and the other we discussed about is so clear. No slip or slide of Bennet to justify that tackle neither.

If referees sanction the plays with clearly evil intentions immediately with red cards, the player will think twice before going like that, and that is protect the talented players, but all of them, is a waste if the referees protect some players over others.

Sorry for the brick :-p (that how we call large post around here)
  17. Jan 29, 2018

Seven Seas Sardines Full Member

If Sane stays out for a long time, Jesus doesn't come in for a while, and City don't make a panic buy, the league could become interesting once more! If they lost De Bruyne too, I'd bet on us to overtake them..
  18. Jan 30, 2018

Wedge Full Member

Supports:
    a soft spot for Ajax
    Plus he's a terrible coach, can get a team to the Prem, but very soon after gets them relegated.
  19. Jan 30, 2018

1Manchester New Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Who said they needed to be on the bench? Considering how my club is (supposed) (1) to be competiting properly in all 4 tourmements, this would mean that City would need to play over 60 games a season on a regular basis. Thus there is more than enough gametime for 2 sets of (11 player) teams to get game time, unless they feel that 30-34 games a season is not enough for them.

Besides if you where lets say VVD, where would you rather be? Playing well in most games but winning little/nothing in terms of trophies or playing in fewer games (but always doing well) and winning mutiple trophies every season?

If City is to maintain the same level of high performance across a whole season (2), then they cannot keep playing the same starting XI game after game across a whole season (especially one managed by Pep), especially when the Second XI is nowhere near good enough to share the burden.

You mean used to (3), the thing is though if a club like my own is going to be aiming to be on the same level as Real (4), then we are going to be needing as many (if not more) WC players as both they and Barcelona tend to do when they are on a successful run.

We indeed have done exceedingly well across half a season, better in the league than pretty much any other team in the history of the Premier League (and maybe the old first division as well) during a first half of a season. However as the history of league football has shown, Leagues are won by consistency across a whole season and not across half a season.

So the fact that City's performances since late November have been declining (by and large) due to having to play the same 11 game after game at high levels of performance (6) is something to be concerned about (7) and quite frankly the Liverpool (8) and Bristol City games should have been a wake up call for the need for improvements in our strength in depth when we are approching the toughest part of any season (9).

That is why I am so concerned about the Sane injury, because it means that our teams weakest point has got even worse both at the worst possible time and when United (now the only team that could win the League other than oursevles) have been giving a shot in the arm with the Sanchez signing.

It has happened on at least 2 occasions (Newcastle in 1996-1997, Manchester United in 1997-1998) though, likewise all City need to do is lose against United (now with added Sanchez), Chelsea, Tottenham and one other team for that lead to go up in smoke. Not exactly a massive margin of error unless United also screw up as well.

D.Silva cannot really be relyed upon to cover the attack since we are not exactly stuffed with WC CM's in our squad (10) to take his place. Besides he also has a lot of personal issues to deal with as well so it is unreasonable to demand more playing time out of him for what is a difficult time for him at the moment.

Thus it really leaves only Ageuro, D Silva and Sterling with no one to back up them at all, not good when you look at our fixture list for the next month or so and how out of steam 2 of them are at the moment. So I am hoping that none of them end getting susepended or injured until we get Jesus back at least, because if that happens then maybe United better getting the tour bus ready at the end of the season...

(1) Or so that is what the owners are aiming for.

(2) Notice how our performance game by game has largely declined overall (just when we are now in the toughest part of the season) since Late November. Hence why we struggled to beat teams like Huddersfield, West Ham, Newcastle (Away), Crystal Palace and Bristol City since then and in turn why we lost to Liverpool earlier this month, a team both West Brom and Swansea have beaten in recent weeks.

(3) Although this was the case last season.

(4) Which they need to if the owners stand any chance of making a financial return and/or achiving their PR goals.

(5) I never said I was disappointed by how the team has performed overall this season, rather I have been disappointed at the clubs transfer business across this seasons trasnfer windows, not because we got players that turned out to be duds but rather the players we did not end up getting.

(6) Not helped by a lack of a decent Second XI.

(7) Titles have been lost (even by United under Fergie) due to a failure to be consistant across a whole season.

(8) A team that lost to both Swansea and West Brom in their last 2 games.

(9) With the 2nd half of the League Season, the League Cup Final, a whole FA Cup run and the Knockout Rounds of the Champions League taking place during this time.

(10) Sure we have KDB and maybe Gündoğan, but that is just about it.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  20. Jan 30, 2018

Shimo Full Member

Hope he is okay for the world cup.
  21. Jan 30, 2018

TheReligion Abusive

Especially given they were playing in Wales
  22. Jan 30, 2018

TheReligion Abusive

Looks like Sanchez would have got a game after all!
  23. Jan 30, 2018

Paolo Di Canio "we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"

Why do City keep trying to replace this kid, i mean, he is going to be one of the best players in the world clearly.

First Sanchez now Hazard if the papers are to be believed.
  24. Jan 30, 2018

Fridge chutney Full Member

@1Manchester What is with your bizarre numbering system? Is it to keep track of the novels you are writing on this forum?
  25. Jan 30, 2018

1Manchester New Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    It's not about "replacing" Sane, it is about getting another LW to rotate/backup with Sane. Simply because no player (no matter how good they are) can play 60+ games a season (1) and remain consistantly good across every single game that they play. Hence why we needed (and still need) Sanchez and hence why we need Hazard as well. (2)

The numbering system is there to link particular section of a post to a particular post-script note that provides additional information to the point I am making. Likewise part of the reason why my posts are so long is because as a newbie I can only do a certain number of posts each day, hence why I need to respond to all those posts (on the same thread) all at once.

(1) Considering that City are (supposed) to be challenging for all 4 competitions every season.

(2) Alongside another LB, CB (Even if we get Laporte), DM, CM, ST at the very least.
  26. Jan 30, 2018

Seven Seas Sardines Full Member

Guess he wants to show that some City fans actually learned to count in school.
  27. Jan 30, 2018

daizi88 New Member

He will magically become fit next week
  28. Jan 30, 2018

roonster09 Full Member

People love to overreact when city players are injured or on the receiving end of bad tackles. Press are nothing but embarrassment after taking the piss out of Wenger for years when he was talking about these tackles.

Nani was a very baby when he was kicked but now players should be protected and all that. Wasn't Fernandinho red carded for 2-4 times for bad Tackles and Pep moaned about player getting red rather than bad tackles?

It was a bad tackle but overreaction is laughable

Btw here is Fernandinho's two footed challenge against Burnley and Pep's reaction. fecking shame he didn't cry for players protection.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  29. Jan 30, 2018

borrays New Member

Well thank feck we've wrapped sanchez's transfer already!
  30. Jan 30, 2018

Kapardin Full Member

Watch Pep go bonkers and buy two 70 million wingers now.

In all seriousness, they have B Silva, so the depth is there. They will be fine.
  31. Jan 30, 2018

The Don Metrosexual Candy Shagger

Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
    Hasn't Pep encouraged nasty cynical tackling this season by coaching tactical fouls? Tactical foul basically means don't let your man get past you and take him out if you have to.
    You reap what you sow.

Not nice for Sane, and I hope the lad recovers soon but his manager is a hypocrite.
  32. Jan 30, 2018

roonster09 Full Member

Remember Silva making some hard tackles against us, couldn't find the video.

Yeah they make lot of tactical fouls to stop counters, shame they are not punished as much as they should be.
  33. Jan 30, 2018

JustFootballFan Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same

Holy fecking shit. And there are still people that argue about that not being red and eight games? Man he´s lucky, if he only misses a month. Could have literally done anything in his leg, the ankle, the knee, the shin or fibula.
  34. Jan 30, 2018

Cristiano Lell Global FA Rules Expert

Supports:
    Bayern München
    It should be added that Warnock made the "England" comments in his press conference, when he hadn't seen the tackle on TV.
    He has since retracted them after viewing it again, and has called it a "bad tackle" which he "can't condone". Nothing wrong with that.
  35. Jan 30, 2018

meamth Full Member

Pity for the lad, but ecstatic for the outcome of City's form!
  36. Jan 30, 2018

SqualorVictoria New Member

Supports:
    City
    How should those tactical fouls be punished in your opinion? Lee Mason was quick to give a deserved yellow for Fernandinho and it was his 8th (!) this season. While if you scroll through this thread you would find quite a few instances where a red card was not given against City's opponent. Also, this notion of City being the main culprit of tactical fouls has been a bit overblown ever since Duncan Castles did his research (lol).

United's average of fouling per game in the league is 11.6, while City's average is 8.9. City has 39 yellows and 2 reds, United 41 and 1, respectively. In other words, almost basically every foul City make ends up with a card, which in my opinion gives a fair reflection of the referees being aware of those tactical fouls.
  37. Jan 30, 2018

roonster09 Full Member

I don't need Duncan Castles to tell and analyse, it's obvious when you watch.

Also not every foul is same so not sure why you are posting stats.

I have seen the red card tackles and I haven't argued against them. It should have been red without doubt, I don't think anyone will argue against that but these overreaction is hilarious.
  38. Jan 30, 2018

The Man Himself asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

He will be available to play on weekend.
  39. Jan 30, 2018

OneUnited24 Full Member

I still think hes a dinosaur who is apart of the old school British lot of playing football
  40. Jan 30, 2018

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

TBF with the ref when I first saw the challenge I just thought he tripped him up, only on the replay did I notice how bad the tackle was.

I think the speed Sane was running and the way the guy slid in sort of masked just how nasty it was, clearly he missed it too.

Shame for Sane but it could have been much much worse. No wonder they want to try and ban slide tackles like that TBH.