Leroy Sane watch | On the bench against Basel

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by rimaldo, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Feb 22, 2017

Manchester Dan Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    Another really good performance from the 21 year old, Monaco couldn't cope with him. I've said it a few times now but he's the most exciting talent we have at the moment. You'd have a hard time determining his ceiling.
  2. Feb 22, 2017

Robbie Boy Full Member

Very good talent so he is and he's really improved recently.
  3. Feb 22, 2017

Gladiator Full Member

One of my favorite players :) You are lucky to have him
  4. Feb 22, 2017

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    He's living up to the expectations at the moment, which is a lot to say.
  5. Feb 22, 2017

UweBein Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Great game again. Massive impact. City was the right decision for him.
  6. Feb 22, 2017

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

He's quite the prospect. End product is as iffy as you'd expect from a 21 year old, but his dribbling is great. Him and Silva link up well on that left side of the field.
  7. Feb 22, 2017

Thisistheone Full Member

He's a brilliant prospect.

City are lucky to have him.
  8. Feb 22, 2017

Adisa Full Member

Turned his season around. Looking like a real player.
  9. Feb 22, 2017

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Great assist for Sterling. He actually had two players in different positions on to score in that move. That is how bad Monaco were.
  10. Feb 22, 2017

padr81 Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    Really come on in leaps and bounds since getting over his early injuries and getting a run in the team. Our most important player with kdb since Xmas.
  11. Feb 22, 2017

Raees Sporty Guy

Is it me or is it nice to see a left footed winger, running at people down the left flank.. and in a Pep side of all teams. Very refreshing to see.
  12. Feb 22, 2017

Acrobat7 Full Member

Pep did this with Costa at Bayern as well.
  13. Feb 22, 2017

Raees Sporty Guy

Oops, good point. Costa is another good example of it still being a feasible tactic in the modern game.. not every wideman needs to be an inverted winger.
  14. Feb 22, 2017

Rossa Full Member

I actually prefer wingers who play like good old fashion wingers. Modern wingers ofte contribute to constipating attacks with too many people in the middle. Obviously, fullbacks now offer width, but not all teams use fullbacks to that extent, and they are also slightly hybrid in that they need to think about defense as well, and thus don't dare to challenge as much one on one. Wingers who go on the outside can cause all sorts of problems. Nani was great on the right because he had a great cross, but he could also cut in and shoot with his left as he was pretty two footed. I find that very few inverted wingers are good at crossing with their weak foot.
  15. Feb 22, 2017

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yep, inside forwards only work if they're very good. (Bale, Robben etc) much prefer 2 wide men who can dribble, run shoot and cross. helps stretch the pitch out also instead of congesting everything.

No coincidence that Sane's improvement has come with him switching to the left and looking more comfortable. He has great acceleration so can beat people from a standing start pretty easy. Reminds me of Bale in that sense.
  16. Feb 22, 2017

Sammyjunn Banned

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
    Martial isnt near that category, but still very good, Sane played on the right at Schalke I think, Sterling has played on both.
  17. Feb 22, 2017

Acrobat7 Full Member

The inverted wingers also only work with attacking fullbacks who can cross. That's what is so beautiful in Bayern's setup: Ribery/Alaba + Robben/Lahm
  18. Feb 22, 2017

saivet Full Member

Definitely a load of attacking potential for City. A trio of Sterling (22), Sane (21) and Gabriel Jesus (19). Could be something special in a few years.
  19. Feb 22, 2017

432JuanMata Full Member

Top player. Knew he would be from what I seen from him in Germany. City are lucky to have him was kinda hoping he would flop but knew he has too much talent too.
  20. Mar 5, 2017

Thunderhead Full Member

Supports:
    City
    Pretty good today, still a couple of occasions when he made the wrong decision but th boy has bags of talent, the run for his goal was absolute perfection
  21. Mar 5, 2017

McLovin Bites pillows thinking of John Terry

Yeah, great run for the goal. Pacey and strong. Lot to like about him....except for the color of that shirt.
  22. Mar 5, 2017

ThierryHenry wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM

He's excellent.
  23. Mar 5, 2017

Gentleman Jim It's absolutely amazing!

Supports:
    city
    Worst game for a while.
    His mediocre is still pretty damn good.
  24. Mar 5, 2017

Manchester Dan Full Member

Supports:
    Man City
    He's only just turned 21. :drool:

Incredible talent.
  25. Mar 5, 2017

Supports:
    city
    As he told the Mail he got his sense of balance from his Olympic Rhythmic Gymnast Mother.
    His Father is a Senegal international and BL footballer.
  26. Mar 5, 2017

Balu Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    I really hope he continues to develop like that. I'm truely impressed with his performances. Didn't think he was mature enough for the move to City and thought he should have stayed at least another year, but he's proven me wrong.
  27. Mar 5, 2017

Dumbstar Full Member

Sane, Jesus and even Sterling now. Pace, power and now end product. Pep as manager to put the cherry on top. If City don't win the league next season there have to be some serious investigations into football (give or take buying some good defenders obviously which riyadhly $houldn't be a probl£m).
  28. Mar 6, 2017

Womp idiot

What the actual feck? That attack is in no ways so good that not winning the league would merit an investigation. :lol: Also they've had money for a while now and have continued to be terrible at spotting defenders.

Sane looks real good though, mind.
  29. Mar 6, 2017

SirHenryPercy Banned

Supports:
    spurs
    He really is excellent!
  30. Mar 6, 2017

FCBarca Mes que un Rag City Lover

Supports:
    Peace
    Yeah, it's strange to see him on that left side but I think that has more to do with Sterling being better on the right - plus, when Gabriel Jesus is healthy I suspect we'll see Sane move again. The trick will be finding an XI where he can employ all of them including Silva & KDB, if not another striker
  31. Mar 6, 2017

Dumbstar Full Member

It was tongue in cheek obviously, but City do need very few players (mostly at the back) to make them unplayable. Whereas the rest of us yet again have a rebuilding job needed. Even Chelsea with CL football clogging up their schedule, i.e. Hazard, Costa and Kante can't do it on their own for 50 games.
  32. Mar 6, 2017

Womp idiot

I would usually agree but people have been saying City would dominate for like a decade now, only to disappoint countless times. They've got very good young players, but there's no telling how unproven talent will develop and they also have a rebuilding job coming up with some of their old guard needing replacing. Their defence is atrocious too.

They are going to need to make some quality signings in the summer, the only problem is I can see all of the top 6 making quality signings so I don't think the gap will be too big. As much as I hate to admit it, I think Liverpool are two or three quality signings away from genuinely contesting. Exciting times ahead though, league is so close (bar Chelsea) this season already, exciting thought thinking it will only get stronger and more competitive in the next few seasons.
  33. Mar 6, 2017

Dumbstar Full Member

I never thought City would dominate before. They either signed mercenaries who would fold when the chips were down or second hand managers like Pellegrini (no I never rated him as highly as others). But you can't argue against Pep and his coaches. Nor his recent signings which are getting him goals, goals, goals. Scoring / finishing is everything as both our clubs are finding out the hard way.

They have the most money out of all clubs and they have Pep. They will be dining first at the defenders' table in the summer. Then throw us the scraps.
  34. Mar 6, 2017

legball Full Member

A very talented young player, in the right set-up, flourishing in an attack that has lots of movement, put him in this United side and you'll be calling for him to be benched after 2 games.
  35. Mar 6, 2017

IrishRedDevil Full Member

Doesn't mean much, considering they have spent over £200m on defenders in recent times with little success.
  36. Mar 6, 2017

UweBein Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    :lol:
    I'm just laughing because it's so true.
  37. Mar 6, 2017

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    Maybe we can swap Douglas Costa or Kingsley Coman for him? :wenger:
  38. Mar 6, 2017

Blackwidow Full Member

Not Coman. I would not mind Costa as he in my eyes lacks match intelligence.
  39. Mar 6, 2017

Supports:
    city
    Is this not like saying United can't buy a decent midfielder because Schneiderlin, Fellaini and Schweinsteriger all added little or nothing to your team?
    New regime, new system, new result. I hope :).
  40. Mar 6, 2017

Treble Full Member

Apparently, Sane has scored 6 goals with just 8 shots.

He (and GJ) have turned their season around. The other signings haven't been very successful and it cost them in the first half of the season.