Let’s sign Gareth Bale

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Rhyme Animal, May 26, 2018.

1. Apr 23, 2019

RMD83 Full Member

Don’t be ridiculous....Ed will pay him more than Sanchez.
  2. Apr 23, 2019

FreakyJim Full Member

People who want him here should take a deep breath and have a lie down.
  3. Apr 23, 2019

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

Probably.

Meanwhile, i'm going to sneak into the next 2 games, sheepishly wearing my ALEXIS 7 shirt!

I joked that if we bought SANCHO, I could just change the EZ in Sanchez and the number...

forgetting that he wears ALEXIS.

Doh
  4. Apr 23, 2019

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

It's purely based on 3-4 years ago where he was an insane paced winger.
    Getting him in would be so disappointing, it'd simply be Sanchez mark 2
  5. Apr 23, 2019

el3mel Full Member

Sanchez - Lukaku - Bale. :drool:

Dream attack

2 washed out players and a striker with crap touch.

But loads of shirts sold and heavy marketing. Will suit Woody to the core.
  6. Apr 23, 2019

gaucho_10 Full Member

Wrong move for sure to come into the squad that was stacked with world class midfielders and doing so well.

He's got a great attitude on the pitch. Gives his all every time he plays and he is also arrogant, which is not always a bad thing.
  7. Apr 23, 2019

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

I like how people are in here to moan at something that's probably not happening.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  8. Apr 23, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

Hey, let’s not sign Bale.
  9. Apr 23, 2019

VorZakone What would Kenny G do?

Feck Madrid, don't give them the opportunity to get rid of a declining injury-prone player. Ask yourself if Bale was at Utd under these same circumstances: would Madrid sign Bale? :D
  10. Apr 23, 2019

Okey Full Member

There's lots of reasons why it's a better idea to sign a younger player with an eye on the future (for the record, my preferred option) than Bale, but I'm not buying this 'Bale is finished' narrative. He's still a top quality player, even if not as quick as he used to be. Easily a better footballer than everyone on our books at the moment. Injury prone, yes, as are Robben, KDB, etc etc. He's having a hard time somewhere he's no longer loved, but let's not suddenly make him out to be a washed up player. If we can't get one of the more progressive signings we want, a loan for Bale won't be the worst thing in the world to bridge the gap.
  11. Apr 23, 2019

Johan07 Full Member

How are those three players marketing phenomenons and would be spiking our shirt-sales? How many people do you see running about with a Lukaku shirt? Or Madridistas with a Bale? They would probably be torched by their co-fans. Same with Sanchez at OT.
    If anything its the complete opposite so by your logic the club would stay away from this completely.
    Even if everyone knows that this shirtselling stuff is a myth anyway since Adidas gets almost all of the money regardless of the sales. So you just made up a completely stupid argument without any factual basis. Congratulations.
  12. Apr 23, 2019

el3mel Full Member

You must be kidding yourself if you think Bale won't be a marketing machine in England. Sanchez was a big marketing move as well and Woodward didn't stop talking about how many "retweets" and "likes" his signing tweet has generated. You're not watching the same sport I guess.

13. Apr 23, 2019

Champagne Football Full Member

Bale still has an awful lot to offer. Like Ronaldo and Giggs he's a natural athlete, who could play at the top well into his mid-thirties.

You get a lot of comments on here that the likes of Bale and Zaha are not good enough. The truth is that they are comfortable better than anything we have here now. Jadon Sancho, Declan Rice should be priority signings but if they're not fir sale then Bale and Zaha all the way.
  14. Apr 23, 2019

M4nu4Life Full Member

I don't mind him on a 1 year loan, if we get rid of Sanchez, Mata, plus 1 or 2 more.

He would help out next year, while the young players like Rashford and Martial Develop.

You would need to pair him with a wing back, to make sure we get some width.
  15. Apr 23, 2019

Johan07 Full Member

Good for Adidas. Then. How many new shirts with Sanchez do you think they will sell after his perfomance this season?
  16. Apr 23, 2019

el3mel Full Member

Yeah the shirt sales is so much a myth that Woodward mentioned it here himself in that tweet. Woody must be believing the same myth I guess.

Loads will want to buy a number 7 United shirt with a big star name player on it to wear and walk with it anywhere regardless of his performance.
  17. Apr 23, 2019

2 man midfield Incestuous Modern Woman (Dumper!)

I'd take him on a loan, with no obligation to buy, and on heavily subsidised wages. Like, 90% subsidised.

Since that won't be happening, Bale and Real can get fecked.
  18. Apr 23, 2019

USREDEVIL New Member

If we already had a really good squad and there were no other right wingers available he might be a good "fix" for the present. But what we need is almost an entire rebuild of the squad.
  19. Apr 23, 2019

Johan07 Full Member

You understand the basic concept of us outsourcing the shirtsales to Adidas for an enormous sum of money and they reaping the profits of the shirtsales?
    I am out of this discussion. Some posters ....
  20. Apr 23, 2019

el3mel Full Member

You showed have been out of this discussion the second I posted this Woodward quote tweet. :lol: Goodbye.
  21. Apr 23, 2019

Bwuk Full Member

I have zero issue if it’s a loan.
  22. Apr 23, 2019

United Pro Full Member

I believe Bale's on about £650k a week wages, so quite a lot more than Sanchez's.
  23. Apr 23, 2019

settembrini Full Member

Bale blatantly is not a 'top quality player' anymore and hasn't been for some time. He used to be a lightening quick goal scorer and fairly good creative force. Now he's lost his pace, has an average scoring record and creates little. If you don't watch the games then just look at his stats on whoscored.com or check out the lowlight video compilations that Madrid fans make of his performances. Here's a recent one:

And as for the whole 'he's struggling because the fans boo him/he's unhappy in Madrid' argument... that's just baloney. He gets booed because he's a ludicrously highly paid player who has been rubbish for ages, his own bad performances caused the boos, not the other way around. Madrid is Bale's dream club that he fought to move to and has stated over and over that he wants to stay at. If he can't perform well for them how is he going to do it for United, a team he has repeatedly rejected the chance to sign for.

United would be mental to sign Bale, even on a loan it doesn't make any sense as right wing is our weakest position and needs the most investment. The last thing we need is yet another fading star looking to United to boost his pension.
  24. Apr 23, 2019

The Nani New Member

Forget the last requirement. Unrealistic. Madrid can agree to pay half his wages or feck off.

I really don’t want him here at all, but if so he better be the cherry on top of four signings. In that case, whatever he brings is a bonus. If he’s one of three or four core signings then we’ll know absolutely nothing has changed.
  25. Apr 23, 2019

Johan07 Full Member

Not really since you do not seem to have read the tweet yourself. Where does he say that we reap any financial revenue from that except from a raised social media status?
    You made a factual incorrect statement about our revenue from shirtsales to take a dig at Woodward. Man up to it.
    We dont make any serious money from shirt sales. Its a myth and a tiresome argument people use just to have a dig at Woodward.
    If you want to be educated you can read this for example: http://mufclatest.com/can-paul-pogbas-shirt-sales-pay-for-his-transfer-no-heres-why/
    And even if you were fecking wrong to begin with just trying to be smart I dont know if Adidas will be selling even 10 Bale-shirts worldwide according to the sentiments here on the Caf if we do sign him.
    EDIT
    I can add this as well and maybe you will wake up tomorrow a ltb smarter. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...fee-net-worth-contract-how-long-a8456191.html
    Now I am really out.
  26. Apr 23, 2019

Jacob Full Member

I like how Woody gets criticism for something he's not even done, let alone planning on doing. I'm all for Woody bashing otherwise.
  27. Apr 23, 2019

el3mel Full Member

You can post as many useless links as you want. The quote from Woodward mouth proves the club, and represented by Woodward, cares so much about shirt sales number that he was so proud of mentioning it in the financial conference in front of the investors.

Again, goodbye.
  28. Apr 24, 2019

SAFMUTD Full Member

This is exactly whats wrong with the club...
  29. Apr 25, 2019

RedStarUnited Full Member

It was said during an investors call...
  30. Apr 25, 2019

2OLEgend_2019 New Member

Didn't notice this was posted in 2018 so deleting
  31. Apr 25, 2019

Devil may care Full Member

Bale is lazy with a poor mentality and crap fitness record, the complete opposite of what we need.
  32. Apr 25, 2019

Mark Pawelek Full Member

Stupid idea. United need to replace their defence. Just as Roy Keane says. Need a defence who all have excellent touch, can pass consistently well, work hard, and concentrate for 95 minutes. Is that too much to ask for rewarding players with £100k / week wages?
  33. Apr 25, 2019

jem Full Member

You seem to be taking the whole thing strangely personally....odd.
  34. Apr 25, 2019

Johan07 Full Member

Nah, I just disapprove of certain posters spreading fake news in a time when we really should stick together. And how is pointing out facts taking anything personal?
  35. Apr 25, 2019

2OLEgend_2019 New Member

Such a professional he never bothered learning the language so can't communicate with his team mates and has ostracised himself.

He's hardly the big dressing room personality United need and is a permanent sick note. I'd be very dubious he would be fit long enough to make an impression
  36. Apr 25, 2019

Johan07 Full Member

Its a myth that he does not speak Spanish. As it is that Valencia never bothered to learn English. They both have one thing in common though: they are not the most open personalities; you could even say shy; and they dont want to embarrase themselves in front of cameras. What has never been in doubt about Bale is his commitment to the game, training etc.
  37. Apr 25, 2019

Reapersoul20 Can Anderson score? No.

Yes, the club being financially astute is absolutely what is wrong with the club now.
  38. Apr 25, 2019

JJ12 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Them signing players for marketing purposes. That isn't an issue to you?

Bragging about social media interactions - fecking cringe.
  39. Apr 25, 2019

Reapersoul20 Can Anderson score? No.

It was at an investors meeting. For investors, not fans.
  40. Apr 25, 2019

JJ12 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

And the information is there for fans to see. We signed him for marketing purposes - Ed and other members behind the scenes are killing us from within.