Lets Go For It

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by DubaiReds, May 5, 2012.

1. May 5, 2012

DubaiReds Full Member

Will be in my usual seat (or standing by it) in the Sretford End for the Swansea game. Lets nor wallow in self pity whatever the score from Geordieland lets just go for it - sing your heart out for the boys (to coin a popular phrase). Get right behind them tell every bastard where to go - particularly if your Citeh, Scouse, Cockney and even Welsh(Welsh reds exempt of course).

This is not the greatest United team we've had over the past 20 years (believe me there's been a lot worse before that) but they are still in there with a chance and we should play our part.
  2. May 5, 2012

mungy I am a terrible poster, please ignore me

Yep, nice 10-0 win would do wonders for the goal difference.

A 0-1 defeat would be a real kick in the bollocks mind!
  3. May 5, 2012

Chabon Full Member

We put four past Everton, who were, at the time, the third best defence in the league. How many times have you seen us in the last few years go 2 or 3 up at home and just stop trying. How about, for once, we just never stop attacking..
  4. May 5, 2012

Mockney Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

[​IMG]
  5. May 5, 2012

Relevated Most improved Village Idiot 2013

Commander of Snoejoes army - Status: Recruiting.
    These players have played their heart out for us fans, I know there has been blunders and critical errors, some might not even be good enough but at the end of the day they and Fergie care about the fans and put on a show for all of us. We have got a humble and unique bunch of lads, they are very likeable and we should support them through thick and thin. We might not win the league this season, so what? Next season these players and we the fans will have the chance to shut everyone's mouth in typical united fashion. We have had a great season, say what you want, we had tonnes of injuries and although we lost an 8 point lead we did well.

If Newcastle pull a result tomorrow then great but if they don't then good. It will be extremely disappointing and extremely hard to take but fortunately we are the best English side of the past 20 fecking years. We are acting as if we have lost a lot this season but it isn't the case, we will survive the rising blue moon and guide it to its true position which is the shadow of United because that is where city belong, in our shadow. We have had far worse tragedies but we kept the red flag flying high because Man Utd will never die. I just want to thank those players for a great season with great memories if they read this or not I am not fussed. I am proud to be a United fan because we truly are a great team.

Cheesy as feck but dont care.
  6. May 5, 2012

Adam-Utd Full Member

if we can put 8 passed an albeit poor arsenal team, surely we can put 8 passed swansea if we play too ** maximum capacity!

how immense would it be if city beat newcastle 1-0, but we come in 8-0 up against swansea :lol:
  7. May 5, 2012

Transfer United Till I Die I am totally in the know, honest

There have been worse united teams in the last 20 years.
  8. May 5, 2012

KingEric7 Conspiracy enthusiast

I'm pissed off - I was offered a ticket to this game, but my return ticket back to university runs out tomorrow. :(

Reckon we'll really hammer them.
  9. May 5, 2012

Cold_Boy Banned

Imagine if we win on GD.
  10. May 5, 2012

2red4U Full Member

it's on
  11. May 5, 2012

Ramshock poster of nonsense

Any chance you can get some rich sheik interested in buying United from Glazer? :)
  12. May 6, 2012

solvista Shawshank redemption

It's a cliche, but it's not over until the fat lady sings. It's been said more than once before the last couple of games that this season could be won and lost in the north-east.

I'm a firm believer in that. It's still on. All that the Everton and Citeh games did was allow everyone to think the league was decided. If we were on top on goal difference only with two games to go, we wouldn't be comfortable at all.

Surely the Citeh fans are chewing a few nails right now. We would be.
  13. May 6, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

We just need to go for it now. Do our part and hope they slip up. I know we've chucked it away (maybe) and shouldn't have, but if we come 2nd with 89 points then that would still be a very respectable total. No team in the Premier League has ever come 2nd with more than 86.
  14. May 6, 2012

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Absolutely shitting it over the Newcastle/City game, think I'm going to try and avoid the TV until 3.30pm when the build up to our game starts and hope it brings a nice surprise
  15. May 6, 2012

Cheesy Full Member

I don't even feel worried now. I've accepted that they're likely to win it now and I can take it. Anything other than that would be a nice, welcome surprise.
  16. May 6, 2012

SER19 Full Member

we did that back in october,and 3 stoppage time goals swing the goal difference by 6. i do see your point though,id love to see us go out with a real fight,in a season where our fighting qualities,in my opinion,have been lacking
  17. May 6, 2012

DubaiReds Full Member

Don't live there anymore. Anyway don't want any Sheikh to own us. Rather the fans owned the club but I guess that's just wishful thinking.

Anyway lets just give it all we've got tomorrow

Mockney - like the caption :cool:

Redricho - probably have been worse teams but was worst central midfield until Scholes came back - and it's quite a leaky defence at times this year

Charlenefan - chill like Cheesy, there's nothing we can do about it - except win 8-0 8-0 in the next two games ;)
  18. May 6, 2012

KingEric7 Conspiracy enthusiast

Nah, just take a look at the period when Van Nistelrooy was carrying us. The 04/05 season comes to mind.
  19. May 6, 2012

The Boxer Full Member

United forever for me.
  20. May 6, 2012

Orton Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

Djemba, Kleberson, Liam Miller, Richardson.

Worst United midfield. Infact did we ever start a game with those 4? Add Bellion and Smith to the mix and it looks even worse.
  21. May 6, 2012

mufcwarm92 Full Member

The defence now isn't what it was between 07-10 but it's miles better than what we had in the early 2000s after Stam left. And this set of wingers and strikers is amongst the best we've had.

Back on topic, I agree we should just relax and play our game, we have the players to batter Swansea regardless of the City result, and the pressure should be off.