Ljajic Watch

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Virtuoso, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Dec 3, 2009

RedRonaldo Full Member

This the the first sign of beginning of the end. We are doomed.
  2. Dec 3, 2009

Devil_forever You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever

Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
    :lol::lol: You're one of the very few talking sense in this whole thread. Drama queens: "we've decided not to take up the option of signing a young player with potential, we don't even have £10 million, we're going out of business tomorrow but lets forget about our bids for players in the summer"
  3. Dec 3, 2009

Eyepopper Lowering the tone since 2006

Weaste....

[​IMG]
  4. Dec 3, 2009

SAF said we bid 35 mill but real bid more and we weren't prepared to match it.....but let's all forget about that, we're going bust, no really we are...:rolleyes:
  5. Dec 3, 2009

OneUnited24 Full Member

Actually most are appauled at the way United have gone about this transfer, how we brought him over showed him to the press calling him a United player and now 4 weeks before his arrival we have backed out of it. Only a few are actually saying we have tightened our belts and we have no money because of the debt.
  6. Dec 3, 2009

Oh SAF's comments, well he's never spoken highly of someone he's then sold off now has he, what was Dong again? Oh yes, the new BATISTUTA.
  7. Dec 3, 2009

Kelvin Banned

can't believe we pulled out of the deal after annoucing he join in Janaury and I think Ljajic will feel disgusted by it.
  8. Dec 3, 2009

VoetbalWizard Banned

fergie's probably fuming, but he won't do anything publicly against the owners, like rafa. hitting out against the owners publicly for lack of funds would only destabilize our season (which is going well right now).

however, wheeling out phelan is terrible damage limitation. wtf is short-shorts going to say?
  9. Dec 3, 2009

Xander45 Know-It-All Champion May 2009

The funny thing is, even the official United website only has the quote's attributed to "a United source". Surely they could get word from Gill or Ferguson on the matter, or at least name this unknown source who seems to contradict everything that every other person in the know at United has said in the last few months and even the young lad and his agent!
  10. Dec 3, 2009

I agree it's been badly handled but I don't agree with the idiots who are implying that it's because we can't afford to sign him.
  11. Dec 3, 2009

OneUnited24 Full Member

Yeah i dont buy what they are saying either.
  12. Dec 3, 2009

afrocentricity First Team Regular

Promote him...
  13. Dec 3, 2009

Drifter American

If the reaction is like anything in here i'm not surprised.
  14. Dec 3, 2009

HsJ Banned

Personally think the lad is spot on.

Weaste should stick to wearing his wifes clothing.
  15. Dec 3, 2009

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    I know you're not the sharpest tool in the box but surely even you can see the difference between bigging up players already at the club and what he said about Ljajic?

What possible reason could he have for saying what he said a month ago, if our scouts have been following him for 12 months and were coming to the consensus that he wasn't good enough for United?

He was hardly trying to bump up his transfer fee, now was he?
  16. Dec 3, 2009

championo Top Stalker

All speculations, show me a quote from SAF or where ever you read or heard that.
    I am not saying we are going bust, sure we have our financial issues, but in this thread, my case is that we have acted like Jerks, but I blame the spokesman firstly.
  17. Dec 3, 2009

Ferguson's really not doing the press conference? Bloody hell, that is not a good sign. He does not like having people go over his head and that must be what's happened here. I hope to god that's not a sign of things to come.
  18. Dec 3, 2009

Donkey's Ears Full Member

So because we are completely overreacting, Fergie decides he can't be bothered?

Surely you can see that logically it seems more likely he doesn't want to answer questions on this front?
  19. Dec 3, 2009

OneUnited24 Full Member

You never know he might have lost his voice, or feels unwell.
  20. Dec 3, 2009

Nistelrooy10 Tin Foil Hatter

SAF praised Veron like he was Maradona a game before he sold him :lol:
    As for Ljajic, well, there was always an option that we won't sign him. Does that not mean anything? Days of us signing players than regretting it, ala Forlan, are over. We're much more careful these days.
  21. Dec 3, 2009

MPTutd Full Member

It not the first time he has missed the Friday press conference. I know he missed one earlier in the year for a funeral he attended.
  22. Dec 3, 2009

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    BS mate. They claimed Ramsey was signed. & had to withdraw it some hours later. It wasn't figment of anyone imagination. They can get things wrong on occasion. This just isn't one of those times unfortunately.
  23. Dec 3, 2009

Maroon Lucifer Full Member

Victory has a hundred fathers, defeat is an orphan
    Good post of reason, and I agree with you.
    I thought I was a really good transfer muppet, but I actually see this as a positive thing, that our up-and-comers are better than the best talent money can buy. I am happier anyways when I see someone from the academy come through and eventually make a name for themselves on the first team.
    Is it not a positive sign that such a highly rated prospect as Tosic can't even make a name for himself at reserve level at 22? Maybe it's just me, but in my mind it bodes well for homegrown talent.
  24. Dec 3, 2009

HsJ Banned

Doubt this is for the same reasons...at least I hope its not.
  25. Dec 3, 2009

Good point maybe i overeacted a tad. But on Ben Hibbs twitter Fergie says he's not doing the press conference followed an hour later by the news breaking of this deal being called off. Seems a bit too much of a conincidence to me.
  26. Dec 3, 2009

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Another well known redcafe spastic completely missing the point.

Why do you think SAF might have wanted to publicaly big up Veron, while we were negotiating a transfer to Chelsea?

If you think really really hard, you might come up with an answer.
  27. Dec 3, 2009

SecondFig Full Member

I'd agree with you, but I still can't see any other reason for SAF to change his mind so completely in less than a month. I'm not suggesting (and nor are Pogue, HsJ etc.) that this is a sign the club will imminently go into administration. But if the club were happy to pay £10m (which must have been structured, so the up front fee and thus risk would be far lower) for Ljajic a few weeks ago (when we were still bigging him up as being a world beater) what the hell changed everyone's minds?
  28. Dec 3, 2009

Eyepopper Lowering the tone since 2006

Redcafe goes into meltdown.... anyone? anyone?
  29. Dec 3, 2009

:lol: A little yeah, but our meltdown's are full of pessimism whereas RAWK is full of anger. So there's is much funnier.
  30. Dec 3, 2009

OUCH, coming from a shrink that's highly offensive, maybe you should tell my professors at UCL that.... You really can't see why SAF would comment well about and encourage a youngster we may well end up signing? If you can't see that, then maybe you should get some fresh air instead of spending every last second of your life in front of your PC?

Again you've made a complete dick of yourself in a thread implying we couldn't financially afford this kid, ignoring what we did in the summer and you have to resort to personal insults.
  31. Dec 3, 2009

Raven Blade Dull

Im extremely disappointed by this. I need to go back and read this thread to find out whats been happeniing.

The way we have suddenly withdrawn our interest in such a talented young player is disturbing to say the least. He was treated as one of us for some time now and we were all looking forward to his arrival. Its very unlike Manchester United for such a thing to happen.
  32. Dec 3, 2009

You think after we start negotiations to sell, which implies we're more than happy to let the guy go, any comment SAF made was important.

You of all people calling anyone a spastic is just hilarious. You're the same well known spastic who thinks Gibson>Anderson and Tevez>Rooney. Pot and kettle imo.
  33. Dec 3, 2009

Donkey's Ears Full Member

The very best case scenario is that United are using the money on something else, immediately, which they had not foreseen, and is so expensive as to make us behave like utter twats.

What is given is that we have behaved like twats and look awful.

But are we relatively rich twats switching strategies to secure more immediate prospects or incompetent cnuts facing unforeseen limitations?

There is obviously something unforeseen in the story because Fergie has too much pride to make comments like that and end up looking like this?

I fail to see how anyone can genuinely believe the 'we changed our minds based on scouting' reports?
  34. Dec 3, 2009

MPTutd Full Member

Me too. But my point is, don't read too much into it. SAF has never avoided a press conference when different questions are going to be asked. And anyway, I don't think he has too much to answer for. He will just simply say he was no better than players we already have at the club.
  35. Dec 3, 2009

HsJ Banned

Same here mate. And to be honest, theres no point in discussing this point until we hear from somebody official. Hopefully SAF.
  36. Dec 3, 2009

Adzzz Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner

Or, maybe this is because as someone said who I can't remember, but they said that Rooney might be used as an attacking midfielder and that we've got Villa, or Pato or some such footballing genius lined up in January.

I am the king of wishful thinking.
  37. Dec 3, 2009

vuc First Team Serb

So Fergie called off the conference before the deal was off? Like you say too much of a coincidence.
  38. Dec 3, 2009

Walrus Oppressed White Male

wow, surprised at this one. havent had a chance to read through the last 15 odd pages of this thread, but the sum-up is that this has (or could have) been done over SAFs head?

certainly doesnt seem to bode well, Ljajic was always touted as a wonderkid, there were plenty on here saying we only signed Tosic so we could get Ljajic. Seems a very strange situation.
  39. Dec 3, 2009

That's the bit that has me confused, as far as i was aware money had already changed hands over a year ago.
  40. Dec 3, 2009

Nistelrooy10 Tin Foil Hatter

And you believe Chelsea are so incompetent as to add a couple of million to the price because SAF praised Veron? :lol: He did it because that's what a good manager does. He's not going to slam anyone in public is he?

Same with Ljajic, he's not going to say he'll probably be a failure. SAF will big anyone up to increase their confidence, and most importantly the team's and fans'. Unfortunately, fans fell for it too hard