Lucas Torreira

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by United Pro, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Dec 6, 2018

Ekeke Full Member

You mean an Arsenal fan posted highlights of him where he doesnt show all his fouls and diving?

No way. Thats unexpected
  2. Dec 6, 2018

ThatsGreat New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Oh, yeah. Sorry, didn't watch the match. Just found his stats. He does receive protection from refs, maybe its something to do with favouring the little guy. Doesn't matter to me, happy to be on the favorable end of some decisions after years of seeing them go against us.
  3. Dec 6, 2018

breakout67 Full Member

Ref called advantage at 4:30 for a foul on Herrera. Then you have his late stamp on Matic's ankle. He was also called back for a late foul on Herrera during a counter attack that's not in the video. Torreira made one successful tackle the whole game, he was late to pretty much everything.

Next time try not to use an Arsenal based video that will show his best bits. Or better yet watch the game.
  4. Dec 6, 2018

poleglass red Full Member

He's whats known in the game as a mad dog.....lol
  5. Dec 6, 2018

Ekeke Full Member

That would explain it. And yeah every team will have matches like that now and again. We've had our share of matches where Fellaini wasnt sent off for an elbow, or Rojo wasnt sent off for diving in etc even in the past few years.

But still if we're talking about this one specific match, Torreira and Guendouzi between them made a lot of fouls that werent given and when they were, they werent booked for accumulation like most players are. They got away with a lot of the dark arts.

I dunno if this will be a regular thing for them. But it was especially annoying for us this week, especially as our best player was someone who was constantly making tackles and interceptions fairly and was stopped several times when he didn't foul his opponent for weak freekicks.
  6. Dec 6, 2018

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Torreira was eventually booked for an accumulation of fouls, no? Dirty little prick should have been booked a lot sooner, mind you. He also conceded a blatant penalty when he chopped Martial down without touching the ball.
  7. Dec 6, 2018

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

Most annoying thing about him not being booked sooner meant he was given way more time to keep fouling away, he's like Arsenal's version of Casemiro or Fernandinho. Mind you, I won't pretend I don't like having players like that on my team as long as they get away with it.
  8. Dec 6, 2018

the_irish123 New Member

Remember how refs never yellowed Ramires? I think lighter players can foul more.
  9. Dec 6, 2018

awop New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I think the yellow was for a late tackle in front of the box but the ref gave advantage and came back to book him. It wasn't shown on camera, the commentators said it after a replay.
  10. Dec 6, 2018

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

Maybe if we played smaller guys in midfield we would also get the benefit of the doubt in refereeing decisions
  11. Dec 6, 2018

Bestietom Full Member

He's small but dynamite. We need a few like him in our side instead of big lumps that walk around the pitch. But Mourinho likes the big lumps.
  12. Dec 6, 2018

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

True. But I would say the penalty only looked blatant on the replay. At the time it was not very clear.
  13. Dec 6, 2018

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Yeah, definitely. I didn’t spot it in real time anyway.
  14. Dec 6, 2018

Craig Ward Full Member

Each time I've seen him, I've been impressed.

He was mentioned in forums here as a potential midfield recruit,

He looks a class above any of our midfielders this season that's for sure. Good little player
  15. Dec 6, 2018

Bearded One Full Member

I was irritated by his antics. Bloody good player though.
  16. Dec 6, 2018

Bola Full Member

Except all those handball goals tgat habe been allowed to stand over the last few seasons
  17. Dec 6, 2018

red4ever 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    Good player. Every team needs one of these little irritating pr*cks in the side to wind up the opposition. Covers lots of ground, presses the ball non stop, has good technique and not afraid to put his foot in. Compare him to our two traffic cones
  18. Dec 6, 2018

ThierryFabregas New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Well you know his gamemanship worked quite well if the opposition fans hate him for it. Yes he got his studs into your players a few times. He wasn't the only one though, I tuned in late first half and a few of your players looked like they were trying to kick our players off the pitch. I was quite proud of Bellerin and Torriera giving it back and mainly getting away with it. It was a rough game like United-Arsenal games of old. Mourinho likes his tactical fouls too. Yes by the rules he gets a yellow or 2 but United could have got more yellows. How Fellaini didn't get a yellow for yanking Guenduzzi to the floor by his hair I don't know. I missed Rashford's challenge on Holding but it looks like it's put him out for the season. But I actually enjoyed the back and forth aggression, reminds me of Vieira and Petit vs Keane and co.

Honestly the same fans moaning about poor little Torreira probably celebrated Keane's cruncher against Haaland and every United player kicking Reyes off the pitch back then below (sadly I can't embed a vid of this...). But that's what football fans do I suppose, support your side.

As for why he didn't get a yellow earlier. I suppose it's because he's subtle about it, he's not too blatant and refs don't want to kill the game giving a yellow for every infraction.

All fouls aside his passing and movement, decesion making, defensive cover and russell terrier nipping of opposition players makes me very happy with this signing. Didn't Mourinho say he needed a terrier in midfield the other week?

That's what the stats show but looking at that vid he definitely made more tackles/interceptions than that
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018