Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances Forum' started by Drifter, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 11, 2012

The White Pele Full Member

Can you imagine how bloody good we would be if we had Nani at his best to add to Rooney/RVP. Hope we get a chance to see it.
  2. Dec 11, 2012

gza the genius Full Member

I miss him :(

He really would be great in this team when he's playing well.

RvP
    Nani - Rooney - Kagawa
    Carrick/Anderson - Cleverley​

The passing in that could potentially be amazing.
  3. Dec 11, 2012

Vidic smaller picture fittingly not in match attire.
  4. Dec 11, 2012

Rowem Full Member

Well, that's actually not true, is it?

We have a good idea that he is injured, as SAF has said he's injured, and keeps mentioning that he's injured in interviews.

Conspiracy theory alert.
  5. Dec 11, 2012

anver Shart stop

Wenger plots swoop for United's Nani after Fergie bust-up... and Gunners could get West Ham's Diame on the cheap, too

By Sami Mokbel

Arsenal are looking at a bold January swoop for Manchester United and Portugal winger Nani.

The 26-year-old is out of favour at Old Trafford after a bust-up with Sir Alex Ferguson and an impasse over a contract extension, while Wenger looks to bolster his squad for the Champions League and Premier League run-in.
    Eye off the ball: Nani is out of favour at Manchester United are a fall-out with Sir Alex Ferguson

Nani believes his relationship with Ferguson is beyond repair and has privately conceded his future is elsewhere, but United have not totally shut the door on the player, whose contract expires in 2014.

The winger, who missed Sunday's Manchester derby through injury, had a bust-up with promising United midfielder Davide Petrucci earlier this season. He has not played since he was hauled off during the Champions League match at Braga in early November.

Wenger is also keen on West Ham and Senegal midfielder Mohamed Diame, whose contract has a £3.5million release clause.

The Gunners manager wants to add a defensive midfielder.

PSV’s Kevin Strootman has been scouted but could cost more than £20m.

--------------------------------------------------
    No quotes. Just bull.
  6. Dec 11, 2012

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself

Nice. So Arsenal will give him 130k a week that he wants. Like feck they'll, not a slight on Player btw, it's just not Arsenal's policy.

Their highest paid player is Podolski on 90k, I don't think they'll break the wage structure for Nani.
  7. Dec 11, 2012

Ruud10 A Bit Wordy

Sorry, but it is true that we posters on the outside sometimes can have no clue as to what's really going on in the inside.

What Fergie says publicly cannot always be taken at face value. I trus that is not a controversial statement.

What is really interested in seeing is whether the rumors about a swap deal involving Nani and Ozil have any truth behind them. All things considered, this is not a ridiculously out of bounds rumor. I doubt it will happen, though.
  8. Dec 11, 2012

fishfingers15 Contributes to username and tagline changes

Nani Are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok Nani?
    I don't think it was just an unilateral statement from Fergie though. Nani's camp also were sayin that they were on good terms with the manager, but just working out the deal with Gill and co for the money.

Apparently SAF told Nani that he can't be a regular starter till that gets sorted and he agreed. I think it'll be fine.
  9. Dec 11, 2012

CapeTownRed Full Member

Where'd you hear all that? Be great if true...
  10. Dec 11, 2012

fishfingers15 Contributes to username and tagline changes

Nani Are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok Nani?
    Can't find a link now, but it was all over Guardian and Telegraph and they are pretty ok, compared to Sun and Daily Mail.
  11. Dec 11, 2012

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    I think you're just putting an extremely positive spin on it.
  12. Dec 11, 2012

CapeTownRed Full Member

Well, that should be allowed, since people are queuing up to put a negative spin on it. (Admittedly, it doesn't seem very promising)
  13. Dec 11, 2012

Rossa Full Member

Yeah, but negative = intelligent, and positive is just being silly - you silly, silly boy you! :D
  14. Dec 11, 2012

Forevergiggs Banned

Would like a speedy solution to this, either way, before the end of January. Uncertainty is not good for anybody, neither Nani nor us.
  15. Dec 11, 2012

Eyepopper Lowering the tone since 2006

I cant see him staying at this point. On form he's great but he's always been very inconsistent in his time here.

Barely playing for half the season isn't going to help, particularly when we're scoring plenty of goals without him.
  16. Dec 11, 2012

Successful Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)

Ask Barcelona or Madrid if they're interested. I could settle with 20m euro for a player like him.

or a trade, Jesus Navas for Nani?
  17. Dec 11, 2012

elmo Can never have too many Eevees

Think they'll get it sorted and we'll have Nani playing for us in Jan again.
  18. Dec 11, 2012

Cina Takin'em on the chin

Christ, have you even seen him play?
  19. Dec 11, 2012

Brophs The one and only

Well we all know how happy Jesus Navas is when separated from his mummy. What is it with fellas called Jesus and their mothers?
  20. Dec 11, 2012

Relevated fixated with venom and phalluses

we don't have a proper skillful player anymore who does step overs or elasticos or rabonas etc. That's sad.
  21. Dec 11, 2012

We need Heskey Cam!
  22. Dec 11, 2012

Successful Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)

I remember he was a big name here a couple of years ago and was hoping this shout would be popular:o
  23. Dec 11, 2012

Ekeke Full Member

We'd either need to move to Spain or spend £130k a week on travel sickness bags. Plus he's not as good a player.
  24. Dec 11, 2012

prateik City Fan

He'll stay. He is ours.
  25. Dec 11, 2012

Platato Psst!

Hopefully when he comes back in the team, everything is sorted and he can play his way back into form. Miss seeing him glide past defenders with a simple feint.
  26. Dec 11, 2012

Sir A1ex Full Member

At least one of us could then. I'd hate to see him go, but if he does it should be for half as much as that again.

People say he's inconsistent, but over the last two seasons, having reached the age of 23/24 and managed to stay fit for decent periods, he has been immense - 17 goals and 30 assists in the Premier League.
    His maturity is showing for Portugal too - for the first few matches of the Euros he out-shone Ronnie.
    His troubles this season have lowered his stock, but if he'd continued as he'd left off at the end of last, we'd all be worrying about the club fending off £40m bids from Real etc, not worrying about whether we're going to try and get rid of him on the cheap.
  27. Dec 11, 2012

MichaelS Banned

I just want to see him playing with us back on form. When on form he is one of the best in the world.

I think since his dip in form, and with the recent events, Ferguson will sell him in Jan or end of season, since we have the option of Young/Kagawa/Wellbeck on the left.
  28. Dec 11, 2012

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Apparently on Sunday the day of the derby nani was spotted in north London close to arsenals training ground, there is a photo on 101greatgoals.com

I guess maybe this story has more legs... Slightly worrying.
  29. Dec 11, 2012

Drifter American

If he goes any where it will be abroad.
  30. Dec 11, 2012

Revan Full Member

I cannot believe that Arsenal would give him a wage that we are not going to give him.
  31. Dec 11, 2012

I know but we know how much pressure arsenal are under right now, I think the
    Board have no choice but to start spending more.

Nani is a top player and would be worth the money.
  32. Dec 11, 2012

Genius Me! Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member

I can't believe for one minute that Nani would even consider such a great step down. No disrespect to Arsenal, but they are a big step down from us right now.

They're a well structured club, they're well run and you have to respect their operation. But from a playing field pov, they're miles apart from us.
  33. Dec 11, 2012

NinjaFletch Full Member

Arsenal's training ground isn't in North London. It's in London Colney, which is close, its a village, if he was in Colney there's no doubt he was there because he was going to Arsenal's training ground.

There's literally no other reason for a professional footballer to go to Colney when they live in Manchester, unless he really fecking loves Sainsburys.
  34. Dec 11, 2012

Lailiani (Sadly not) Banned

How is it a step down if Wenger has in cofidence in him which Fergie clearly hasn't? In fact, it would be a very wise career decision. I'd be sad to lose Nani but I just don't think Fergie appreciates Nani's talent as much as he should do.
  35. Dec 11, 2012

An in-form Nani on the right with Rafael overlapping and Rooney and RVP waiting in the middle would be frightening.

We really do have the makings of a special team here if we can have everyone fighting fit and ready to go in the second half of the season.
  36. Dec 11, 2012

Thats what the article says anyway.

Just found the link.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/s...ctured-near-arsenals-london-colney-on-sunday/
  37. Dec 11, 2012

Bross Noggie Pez Dispenser

Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
    OK, so its better for a player to get no time on the pitch at all than play for Arsenal where he could be one of the most important players?

It doesnt look like Nani has any place at us, and for his career it would be a very good move to go to Arsenal.
  38. Dec 11, 2012

KM said in the noobs that he was in Wonderland, and that on twitter they said that pic didn't look like Colney.
  39. Dec 11, 2012

Amar__ Not so Full Member

Supports:
    MK Dons
    Considering he could become Arsenal best player, that wouldn't be that bad option for him at all. I don't believe the stories though.
  40. Dec 11, 2012

Aboutreika18 Full Member

Is Cazorla going the other way as part of the deal? :smirk:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.