Luke Shaw nearer to Manchester United exit [The Times]

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by MyOnlySolskjaer, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Nov 24, 2017

Alvaro Maestre New Member

What people dont seem to understand here is that Mou sees him playing almost everyday at a training ground and then he sees him playing with the reserves and still he is down the picking order . Why? Because he is playing worst than Blind , Damian , etc. He wont make a miracle if we start him, simple as that.
  2. Nov 24, 2017

red4ever 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    Even more scary is that Jose today confirmed that our full back isnt a full back but a winger. So what does that say about Shaw?
  3. Nov 24, 2017

IRELANDUNITED Full Member

It shows how pathetic he is, imagine if he had the work ethic that Ashley Young has?
  4. Nov 24, 2017

red4ever 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    I was never a fan of Ashley Young but he has grown on me the past 2 seasons. Was never blessed with natural ability, but my god he works his socks off and give it his all
  5. Nov 24, 2017

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Tbf he was superb at Aston Villa and one of the best wingers in the league.
  6. Nov 24, 2017

red4ever 79 Full Member

Supports:
    Red Devils
    Yep scored some crackers at Villa and was always a good crosser. I just meant that when you think about some of the top wingers in the premier league like Giggs, Hazard, Ronaldo, Overmars etc, he was never as talented. I am not having a go at the lad, he has impressed me a lot this season.
  7. Nov 24, 2017

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    Did you even read the reply?
  8. Nov 25, 2017

sunama Baghdad Bob

Exactly LOL.
    8 good games in 3.5 years is an unmitigated disaster!

The best one was 2.5 years ago, when he got injured, some fans honestly believed that had Shaw stayed fit, we'd have won the league. :houllier:
    I still contend that some of the fans who post on these boards don't actually watch football or how our players perform.

Deluded MUFC fan: best LB in the World.
    In actuality: 4th choice LB at MUFC.
  9. Nov 26, 2017

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Rumours that Newcastle would take him on loan. Would be a great place for him. Would still have a fair amount of pressure from somewhere with such a big and passionate crowd, along with a good manager.
  10. Nov 26, 2017

PepsiCola Full Member

A loan would be the best move for everyone involved.

Doubt Mourinho would allow it though. He likes his numbers.
  11. Nov 28, 2017

Red_toad Full Member

Nice to see the reports about him and Valencia being the fittest players at the club. All the talk of his fat arse and poor attitude look to be off the mark. Just needs to get some playing time now.
  12. Nov 28, 2017

Nick7 Full Member

What does "natural talent" mean? Being as good as Messi? Young was quality for Villa.
  13. Nov 28, 2017

melatonin New Member

doubt he means that
  14. Nov 28, 2017

Red_toad Full Member

95% plus of people aren't anywhere near as capable as Ashley with a football, he does possess a natural ability, saying he only got where he is due to hard work and no natural ability is wrong, no matter how it's meant. If it were down to sheer application then lord knows how many pure athletes would be playing hoof and chase at the highest level.
  15. Nov 28, 2017

United Pro Full Member

He won't get it here unfortunately.
  16. Nov 28, 2017

prath92 Full Member

That’s clearly a story planted by his agent. Hard to see how he is fitter than Rashford Pogba and all
  17. Nov 28, 2017

Brophs The one and only

Aye. What a load of old piss.
  18. Nov 28, 2017

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Best LB in the world :lol: I mean, seriously ? At no point in his career did he even reach the status of best LB of England or his club.
  19. Nov 28, 2017

Red_toad Full Member

That remains to be seen, his recent inclusions in the first team squad would point to he may get some time in the near future. We shall have to wait and see, rather than making statements of fact.
  20. Nov 28, 2017

Red_toad Full Member

I can confirm he was certainly Southampton's best left back. So at least at one point in his career. Nice to see people are always looking to have a moan about the lad.
  21. Nov 28, 2017

Hawks2008 Full Member

It's insane, but he's young and ingurlish so he'll never be short of apologists on here.
  22. Nov 28, 2017

United Pro Full Member

He's definitely not the best in the world, or even close to that, but he was the best English and United LB for a while. He was in the premier league team of the year when he was 18 at Southampton and the month or so before his leg break, Shaw was first team for both club and country and was performing incredibly well.
    That's true, we can't say for sure that he won't get game time. But, given that Young, Blind, Darmian and likely Rojo are ahead of him, it'll be really difficult for him to get any chances, even in the Carabao cup. Further, given that after the game against Burton Mourinho publicly put Shaw down again, I find it difficult to see him get any decent time on the pitch. Shaw didn't even play badly and if anything Darmian's and Blind's recent performance against Basel were considerably worse and was more deserving of the treatment Shaw received. I just think that this whole Shaw situation is more than just based on performances on the pitch.
  23. Nov 28, 2017

djdhrubs Full Member

Yeah agree with all of this. It's clear there are off the field issues which we have no clue about in any meaningful detail. If I was guessing, it'll probably be a succession of incidents involving a bad attitude or lack of professionalism, which even a couple of half decent actual on the field performances isn't going to make up for in the eyes of the manager.
  24. Nov 28, 2017

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots

Sell with a buyback seems the best option. No United on his mind so removes any pressure he might be feeling. Needs a fresh head with a new start imo.

Seems to happen often on here these days. A couple good games and you have to be patient with them for the next 5 seasons waiting for them to hit that again.
  25. Nov 28, 2017

12OunceEpilogue Full Member

Weighing up our options on the flanks for the Watford game I genuinely forgot about Shaw. I had hopes as recently as last month that he would return to the fold but I now strongly believe he has no future here. I agree there have been issues behind the scenes which have undermined Jose's trust in Shaw, issues that I suspect will not be overcome.

I thought going into the season Jose would look to get him fit then reintroduce him, firstly from the bench and in lesser games before using him as our main left back. This hasn't happened and something else has gone on between the two; how long does the guy need to work on his fitness and sharpness before he gets a chance? Including him on the bench is only delaying the inevitable in my view.
  26. Nov 28, 2017

United Pro Full Member

Yeah this whole situation has baffled me for a while, as it was obvious we need a LB with the attributes that an in form Shaw has. And based purely on performances on the pitch, Shaw should have had similar game time over the past year as Darmian has (especially as a LB). Funnily enough, I think it was the Watford away fixture (same game we have today) last season that was pretty much the beginning of the end for Shaw.
  27. Nov 28, 2017

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
  28. Nov 28, 2017

Infra-red Full Member

29. Nov 28, 2017

Rossa Full Member

30. Nov 28, 2017

Infra-red Full Member

:lol: Not sure it's entirely believable... possibly shop window stuff in preparation for a January sale. I'd expect him to feature a few times from the bench this coming month.
  31. Nov 28, 2017

Rossa Full Member

Will be interesting to see though. Valencia is clearly one of our fittest players. I think Giggs at 36 or so scored highest on fitness tests at United, and Valencia is quite an athlete. Shaw did demonstrate, a while back, that he had the ability to cover a lot of ground and make those overlapping runs. I think it's a shame he hasn't featured more. He can't possibly be worse than Blind at this stage.
  32. Nov 28, 2017

Bwuk Full Member

If he's fully fit and isn't getting selected it's more damning than anything.
  33. Nov 30, 2017

United_We_Stand Full Member

34. Nov 30, 2017

United_We_Stand Full Member

35. Nov 30, 2017

SwansonsTache incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

Lardass should be made to repay the wages he has been stealing since he recovered.

Absolutely shocking that a professional player can't manage to keep fit.

Edit: No way we are getting £20m for him.
  36. Nov 30, 2017

No Idea For Nickname Full Member

Why not? He is 21, right? He is English. Is Ox left for 40, we can get more for him! More than 20 I mean. I hope. Just give him few games to play.. Maybe. I' m sick of us selling players for peanuts.
  37. Nov 30, 2017

SwansonsTache incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

Yeah, we might. His injury record and wages might be a stumbling block though.
  38. Nov 30, 2017

Hernandez - BFA The Way to Fly

I'd rather we loan him out rather than selling him, but I'd rather us sell than keep at the moment.
  39. Nov 30, 2017

Rozay Not good at posting fixture lists

Should have just done it in the summer and got a new left back, especially if you’re not going to play him even when fit.
  40. Nov 30, 2017

Tapori Full Member

Loan is better with option to buy.